Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Poll Poll
Question: [IMG]http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd25/zglass/64-65/c4a11.jpg[/IMG] If he hadn't been a musician, he would've ended up a...

« Created by: zooeyglass on: May 19th, 2008 at 2:26am »

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 55
Send Topic Print
Re: Brian.........part 16a (Read 158,572 times)
GhostofBrianJones
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones Rules You
Bastards

Re: Brian.........part 16a
Reply #825 - May 7th, 2008 at 3:41am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
So what exactly does the word "bugger" mean? And bugger off mean? I understood a Sod was a drunk at least it does  here.

I especially like the word "arse" which to me is a cross between a horse and an ass which makes the person a
Horse's Ass!! Grin Better seen on weed!

Resentment is like taking poison and expecting someone&&else to die!&&&&If you are talking about me behind my back then&&you are in a position to kiss my ass!&&&&Just because you're sitting in a henhouse doesn't make you a&&chicken!&&&&Sweet Lil' Innocent Brian!
WWW GhostofBrianJones GhostofBrianJones none none none  
IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #826 - May 7th, 2008 at 5:55am
zooeyglass wrote on May 7th, 2008 at 1:44am:
Straight from ebay for you, Miss S JonesyGirl

I saw this one on eBay. Thanks for blowing it up bigger for us, Lisa! Grin Kiss

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

Stewed n Keefed
Rocks Off Regular

Please don't judge me
too harshly

Kent,England.
Reply #827 - May 7th, 2008 at 10:36am

... Posts: 4601 | Registered: Dec 2002 |

IP Logged

JoneseygirlUK
Rocks Off Regular

Flossie Jones rules Dahlings!!

Coventry U.K
Reply #828 - May 7th, 2008 at 12:15pm
zooeyglass wrote on May 7th, 2008 at 1:44am:
Straight from ebay for you, Miss S JonesyGirl

SIGH!!!!!!!!! Wink

IP Logged

JoneseygirlUK
Rocks Off Regular

Flossie Jones rules Dahlings!!

Coventry U.K
Reply #829 - May 7th, 2008 at 1:00pm
GhostofBrianJones wrote on May 7th, 2008 at 3:41am:
So what exactly does the word "bugger" mean? And bugger off mean? I understood a Sod was a drunk at least it does  here.

I especially like the word "arse" which to me is a cross between a horse and an ass which makes the person a

Okay...U.K. slang history lesson......the origin of 'bugger' and 'sod' actually came from the verbs 'to bugger' and 'to sodomize'. These were verbs to describe what was basically male homosexual activity (I don't want to divulge further or upset any of the gay community on this board) They started to be used out of their original context  certainly in 20th century Britain...a bugger or a sod can describe a person of both sexes who is difficult or a pain in the arse..but NOT evil. It can also be referred to to describe something that's difficult..'This manual is a bugger/sod to follow'....they can also be expletives to offend ..'OH you SILLY bugger,you've let the milk go off'. Now 'bugger/sod off' is a slightly gentler way of saying 'F**ck off', not much variation there. Sod is rarely used to desribe a drunk in the U.K, that's more 'lush' or 'alchie'!! Cool' Arse' I think has Anglo Saxon origins.  

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii175/Suzyq4711/Brian%20Jones/160.jpgt=121018...

IP Logged

GhostofBrianJones
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones Rules You
Bastards

Reply #830 - May 7th, 2008 at 5:58pm
Thanks JGUK for defining those terms for me. I really do appreciate it very much. I have never had anyone
be so clear about that, it is important to me to know about language, words and origin as that is a great interest of mine.
Thanks so very much again. Excellent!!

Here in the US we have so  much slang is it really  hard to tell where it came from. It changes like people change their socks.
We talk slang constantly, and our language is almost slang all the time. A person can learn the English language but it is the
slang that they have so much trouble here with. It is a constant part of our everyday conversation. I forget how to talk English
right because of the slang problem. Shame on me.  Our TV shows are full of it and I can imagine people in other countries
are trying to figure out what the hell we are talking about. Some folks make up their own which is even worse and you really
have to keep on top of it.  A person can get lost really easy if  you don't know what is going on. If you doubt it just read the
post on the other  threads here and you will see what  I mean. I am talking about US slang.

Hey Lady Bree where ya be?

Resentment is like taking poison and expecting someone&&else to die!&&&&If you are talking about me behind my back then&&you are in a position to kiss my ass!&&&&Just because you're sitting in a henhouse doesn't make you a&&chicken!&&&&Sweet Lil' Innocent Brian!
IP Logged

BriansBabe
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #831 - May 7th, 2008 at 6:05pm
author=zooeyglass

Shocked WOW  Shocked...a never seen before one!!! I freak out  Grin...it´s so  Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

THANKS LISA liebe!!!
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2008 at 6:06pm by BriansBabe »  

catch your dreams before they slip away

IP Logged

BriansBabe
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #832 - May 7th, 2008 at 6:28pm
zooeyglass wrote on May 6th, 2008 at 7:47pm:
Oh, Alex, danke for the PM, I haven't been able to respond -- don't think YOU owe me one though  Huh

Take your time liebe, I´m busy this days (or always  Sad ) too...ähm, sure I owe you more information about the hotel and the rental car...I never used rental cars in London, you doing better with the tube (subway)...and for Cheltenham you can use the train.
Is that right Suzy?? Or the other dears from the UK???

...I have to go to bed  Angry...I hate it!!! Wanna stay here with ya ALL and my BRIAN no bugger honey sweetie   Kiss Kiss Kiss... Grin
night, peace and comfort...love, Alex Smiley

catch your dreams before they slip away

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #833 - May 7th, 2008 at 10:59pm
JoneseygirlUK wrote on May 7th, 2008 at 1:00pm:
GhostofBrianJones wrote on May 7th, 2008 at 3:41am:
So what exactly does the word "bugger" mean? And bugger off mean? I understood a Sod was a drunk at least it does  here.

Okay...U.K. slang history lesson......the origin of 'bugger' and 'sod' actually came from the verbs 'to bugger' and 'to sodomize'. These were verbs to describe what was basically male homosexual activity (I don't want to divulge further or upset any of the gay community on this board) They started to be used out of their original context  certainly in 20th century Britain...a bugger or a sod can describe a person of both sexes who is difficult or a pain in the arse..but NOT evil. It can also be referred to to describe something that's difficult..'This manual is a bugger/sod to follow'....they can also be expletives to offend ..'OH you SILLY bugger,you've let the milk go off'. Now 'bugger/sod off' is a slightly gentler way of saying 'F**ck off', not much variation there. Sod is rarely used to desribe a drunk in the U.K, that's more 'lush' or 'alchie'!! Cool' Arse' I think has Anglo Saxon origins.  

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii175/Suzyq4711/Brian%20Jones/160.jpgt=121018...

Fascinating lesson in the King's English!  Smiley That's what I'd heard about "bugger" and "sod"....well, mostly about bugger. I said that to someone in an email once, and they informed me what bugger actually meant! Embarrassed Our lovely Brits do have a language all their own... Smiley I know quite a few words/expressions, but I always love learning more.  Cool

IP Logged

GhostofBrianJones
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones Rules You
Bastards

Reply #834 - May 8th, 2008 at 12:34am
First of all that van or whatever it is they are all into in that last picture does not look too comfortable to me. There does not appear
to be much leg room.

Okay from the US version of bugger and sod. Down low is oral sex. Sod is a drunk as we know. Our slang is much more
descriptive than most peoples. We just say F**k off or stick it where the sun don't shine. One of my male friends say
stick it up sideways. Most of my male friends are ex US Marine Corps vets who have served many long years and you
would not believe how the US Military can curse. No one can curse like the US Military and I mean NO ONE!! My ex is
a Navy vet and he and my friends taught  me words I have never heard before I met them. YIKES!! They just don't tell
you to go to Hell they personally SEND  you there First Class!! Every once in a while they are all at my house and when
they get going my ears burn for days!! It is hysterical!!  A drunk is a alkie, a bar fly, bar pig, boozer, and a plain old
drunkard. They often have different words for things in different areas of the US depending on where you live. One thing
is we call soda, soda while other cities call it Pop. Other towns call it Soda Pop or just Coke. Gets confusing. Just as long
as they don't start calling it Pop Coke!! or Coke Pop!! Jeeeshhh. 

Lady Bree what do they call soda in LA?

I hope everyone is having a good week. I will try to post some more pictures provided I can find some that are not too big or
too small. Mine are usually too big.

LOVE TO S&K!! Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

Smiley Grin Grin Cool Cool Cool Tongue

IP Logged

keithsgirl
Rocks Off Regular

Hello Project Fan!

Los Angeles
Reply #835 - May 8th, 2008 at 3:05am
GhostofBrianJones wrote on May 8th, 2008 at 12:34am:
First of all that van or whatever it is they are all into in that last picture does not look too comfortable to me. There does not appear
to be much leg room.

Okay from the US version of bugger and sod. Down low is oral sex. Sod is a drunk as we know. Our slang is much more
descriptive than most peoples. We just say F**k off or stick it where the sun don't shine. One of my male friends say
stick it up sideways. Most of my male friends are ex US Marine Corps vets who have served many long years and you
would not believe how the US Military can curse. No one can curse like the US Military and I mean NO ONE!! My ex is
a Navy vet and he and my friends taught  me words I have never heard before I met them. YIKES!! They just don't tell
you to go to Hell they personally SEND  you there First Class!! Every once in a while they are all at my house and when
they get going my ears burn for days!! It is hysterical!!  A drunk is a alkie, a bar fly, bar pig, boozer, and a plain old
drunkard. They often have different words for things in different areas of the US depending on where you live. One thing
is we call soda, soda while other cities call it Pop. Other towns call it Soda Pop or just Coke. Gets confusing. Just as long
as they don't start calling it Pop Coke!! or Coke Pop!! Jeeeshhh. 

Lady Bree what do they call soda in LA?

I hope everyone is having a good week. I will try to post some more pictures provided I can find some that are not too big or
too small. Mine are usually too big.

LOVE TO S&K!! Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

Smiley Grin Grin Cool Cool Cool Tongue

They call it Coke, Pepsi etc... (if you HAVE to specify), Soda otherwise...

Or, if you believe George Lopez... "Fountain Drink"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61pYpGeuHlU ;

:charliesgoodtonite Grin Let's go get drunk

(My mother is always listening to this. To the point where I tell her shes "raping my ear" lol.

Gonna meet up with some vintage dressing friends this saturday at Griffith Park.

Since I don't have a scanner, the only way I'd have pics is if they take em and put em up. Then I'll ask permission and borrow, and show em off here.

The Original Teddy Girl Pin-Up Princess says:&&"What Ever Baby Wants Baby Gets!"&&http://www.myspace.com/mizzscarlett&&&&"Ya Can't Fix Stupid." -Ron White

IP Logged

Stewed n Keefed
Rocks Off Regular

Please don't judge me
too harshly

Kent,England.
Reply #836 - May 8th, 2008 at 6:03am

... Posts: 4601 | Registered: Dec 2002 |

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

Seeker of truth and, regrettably,
finder of truth

USA
Reply #837 - May 8th, 2008 at 9:02am

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

finder of truth

USA
Reply #838 - May 8th, 2008 at 9:04am
Anyone got $3700 they want to spend...

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

finder of truth

USA
Reply #839 - May 8th, 2008 at 9:06am
I've never understood the fascination with autographs, just ruins a good picture  Smiley 

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

finder of truth

USA
Reply #840 - May 8th, 2008 at 9:07am
BriansBabe wrote on May 7th, 2008 at 6:28pm:
zooeyglass wrote on May 6th, 2008 at 7:47pm:
Oh, Alex, danke for the PM, I haven't been able to respond -- don't think YOU owe me one though  Huh

Take your time liebe, I´m busy this days (or always  Sad ) too...ähm, sure I owe you more information about the hotel and the rental car...I never used rental cars in London, you doing better with the tube (subway)...and for Cheltenham you can use the train.
Is that right Suzy?? Or the other dears from the UK???

...I have to go to bed  Angry...I hate it!!! Wanna stay here with ya ALL and my BRIAN no bugger honey sweetie   Kiss Kiss Kiss... Grin
night, peace and comfort...love, Alex Smiley

Oh, Alex, didn't mean rental car for London -- I was thinking of Europe...danke!

IP Logged

Love Child
Rocks Off Regular

No...please...not you
again!

BFE
Reply #841 - May 8th, 2008 at 9:35am
The Stones did not stop for me in 69. The Flavor changed, most definitely, but Sticky Fingers and Exile were brilliant and I do not think these two albums could have been as great as they were without an enormous amount of songwriting/musical talent from the remaining Stones. I like most of the albums, save Emotional Rescue, up to Tattoo You. I think the last song that they wrote that I like was Saint of Me, and I really like that song.

The frosty reception exists and it sucks. It goes beyond the refusal of an egg sandwich all the way up to outright hostility. If you bring up Brian, inevitably, and I do mean inevitably, some one who obviously knows aaaaaaalllllll there is to know, comes in with with tired, old litany of "woman beater, made all these children and then abandoned them, druggie, asshole, talentless and really did not play these instruments". Then they go on to extol the virtues of Mick and Keith.

Well, let's review, shall we?

I think Keith's drug addiction went far beyond what Brian ever acheived. I mean, Good Lord. And the bad father of the year award can go to both of them. Keith continued to impregnate Anita all the while knowing she was, like he, addicted to heroin. All of their children had a good taste of smack before they slipped out of the birth canal. And his third child died under very, very suspicious circumstances. The death, in my opinion, was not at all investigated properly. What he did to Marlon was not right. The life that child lived and the things he saw were things a child should never have to see. I am sorry, but my 7 year old son doesn't even say the word Fuck, much less would ever tell the First Lady of Canada to "Fuck Off when she tried to comfort him. Marlon did not have a childhood and that is tragic.

Then we have Mick who created a child with Marcia Hunt and abandoned the both of them. He never recognized her or financially supported her until Karis was nine years old and a court of law forced him to support her. Then he went on to have 1 with Bianca and 4 with Jerry which of course he recognized and supported because he obviously couldn't get out of those ones. When he impregnanted Luciana Morad and little Lucas was born, he refused to acknowledge him until a court of law forced him to do so. And was a DNA test really necessary? I mean, Jagger offspring are as obvious as Jones offspring and Lucas is the picture of his dad, but with brown eyes. Mick knew Lucas was his son, he just was going to try to save his ass.

And this bit about Brian not being a talented muscian who did not play several instruments is merely an attempt at the revision of history and why they are doing it is beyond me, but some people are actually choosing to believe it. Go figure.

So they have all done things that were less than admirable. They are human. Humans are not perfect nor do they always do the right things. They were very young when fame hit and that changes you. Drugs change you. One should not be singled out and damned and the others exhalted because they all screwed up, but yet they were/are extremely talented.

Does that make them unworthy of praise, admiration and adulation? Do their faults make them less talented and does it take away from the things the have done? Of course not! However, it seems that a lot of Stones fans want to do that to Brian exclusively and THAT is what pisses me off. I don't know who wrote the line, but Eric Clapton sings "Before you accuse me, take a look at yourself". So I think all the bashing of any party is really counterproductive. They were/are a great rock and roll band and each one of them has a rich contribution to rock and roll history.

All I do is talk here and I need to shut up and start posting Brian Piccies.  Shut the fuck up now
« Last Edit: May 8th, 2008 at 9:49am by Love Child »  

Ass kickers, Shit kickers and Methodists.

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #842 - May 8th, 2008 at 11:03am
zooeyglass wrote on May 8th, 2008 at 9:06am:
I've never understood the fascination with autographs, just ruins a good picture  Smiley  

Ha ha, yeah....but those autographed pix are valuable. My Brian autographs are just on paper, not on his lovely face... Smiley We need a Brian face emoticon here!  Grin

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #843 - May 8th, 2008 at 11:08am
LoveChild, I agree with you. We must bear in mind that they were ALL young back in the 60's. And fame hit fast and hard, and each person reacts to that in different ways. None of them led exemplary lives. I have always cared about Mick and Keith---how could I not?? Brian picked them {well, Mick anyway,lol} as his bandmates. I truly think he loved them and was very proud of the work they did in the Stones. Yes, it angers me when they say something mean or disrespectful about Brian---especially since Brian is not here to defend himself. It seems to me that they would be a bit sad that Brian's life was cut so short... Sad

It's much better, and nicer, when all Stones fans come together to celebrate ALL of the members and ALL of the eras of the band. For the most part, I think fans do that. I hope that can continue. And I hope that someday, the other Stones will be able to talk about Brian again without being disrespectful. That would be the big thing to do.

IP Logged

GhostofBrianJones
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones Rules You
Bastards

Reply #844 - May 8th, 2008 at 1:49pm
Speaking of Mick and Keith, Mick has always been somewhat of a mystery to me. He is very private (which I undersand) and I
find myself usually wondering what he is really thinking. Now Keith or so it seems,  is straightforward, honest and lets you know
where he stands on whatever he and the other person is talking about. Keith also has a great sense of humor. :charliesgoodtonite

IP Logged

Love Child
Rocks Off Regular

No...please...not you
again!

BFE
Reply #845 - May 8th, 2008 at 2:53pm
I love Keith's sense of humor  :exclamation Grin

Ass kickers, Shit kickers and Methodists.

IP Logged

Sophia Graves
Rocks Off Regular

Chocolate Rules You Bastards

East-Berlin
Reply #846 - May 8th, 2008 at 7:02pm
hey friends! wow, a new board... and that sticky thing is so fantastic! what a honour!!
good to "see" you again, you all!

but now to something very interesting... someone i briefly know through the internet has made a book with that cover (see below)!! i actually have never seen that pic before and my jaw dropped when i saw it...

regarding the pic he wrote:
"he's playin' with The Joel Scott Hill III at The Action on Santa Monica Boulevard. Scene was a great deal based on what it said on Woody Guthrie's guitar, however..."

and:

"Julian Wasser took that picture of Brian Jones, just kind of jumping on stage and playing harmonica with Joel Scott Hill III... Brian went that night with Toni Basil, Teri Garr, David Crosby of the Byrds and David's girlfriend. Toni and Teri were Go Go choreographers for "Shindig" and "Shivaree," respectively... pics of them tearing up the dance floor that night are inside the book."

ou lala! check out his myspace so you get an image about who that guy is behind the book and some more info on that:
http://www.myspace.com/dumbangelmagazine

----

much love to s&k, linda, alex and sioux!!! Kiss
« Last Edit: May 8th, 2008 at 7:07pm by Sophia Graves »  
WWW Sophia Graves sophia scalpel  
IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #847 - May 8th, 2008 at 8:05pm
Hi, Sophia dear! Grin Kiss So good to see you here..... Smiley

I know that picture, but am not familiar with the book. I know the movie "Riot on the Sunset Strip". How cool is this book?? Thanks for all the info! I sure hope you can check in with us more often... Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

IP Logged

Sophia Graves
Rocks Off Regular

Chocolate Rules You Bastards

East-Berlin
Reply #848 - May 8th, 2008 at 8:25pm
hey sioux!! Cheesy
i sadly never had an exemplar in my hands... so i cant tell if its cool or not. but i will try to get a copy sometime in the near future... but heres an interview with him on "ear candy" about that book.. so you get a better idea what the book is about: http://earcandy_mag.tripod.com/1priore.htm

of course i will drop by more often again! damn, i didnt even notice how i was out of "the scene" Grin Wink
i hope you are doing fine... i am happy about that lovely welcome-back, hehe.
oops.. that chicken in my pan is waiting to be eaten... midnight-dinner at 3:25... i should go to bed, damn!

WWW Sophia Graves sophia scalpel  
IP Logged

keithsgirl
Rocks Off Regular

Hello Project Fan!

Los Angeles
Reply #849 - May 8th, 2008 at 10:24pm
So, what's everyone's plans for the weekend?

Me:

(Repost)Gonna meet up with some vintage dressing friends this saturday at Griffith Park.

Since I don't have a scanner, the only way I'd have pics is if they take em and put em up. Then I'll ask permission and borrow, and show em off here.

Anyone else?

Mama Bear?

Anyone?
  HuhUndecidedTongue:-[Roll Eyes

The Original Teddy Girl Pin-Up Princess says:&&"What Ever Baby Wants Baby Gets!"&&http://www.myspace.com/mizzscarlett&&&&"Ya Can't Fix Stupid." -Ron White

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 55
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)