Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Poll Poll
Question: [IMG]http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd25/zglass/64-65/c4a11.jpg[/IMG] If he hadn't been a musician, he would've ended up a...

« Created by: zooeyglass on: May 19th, 2008 at 2:26am »

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 55
Send Topic Print
Re: Brian.........part 16a (Read 159,095 times)
zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

Seeker of truth and, regrettably,
finder of truth

USA
Re: Brian.........part 16a
Reply #800 - May 6th, 2008 at 10:25am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Thanks for the links/pics, Steve  Smiley

IP Logged

JoneseygirlUK
Rocks Off Regular

Flossie Jones rules Dahlings!!

Coventry U.K
Reply #801 - May 6th, 2008 at 12:19pm
BriansBabe wrote on May 5th, 2008 at 6:39pm:
Hey dears, interesting exchange of views and much spiritual inspiration for me...my BRAIN jumped of joy  Smiley...and is full of BRIAN (as always  Grin)...

Night and love, Alex  Kiss

Glad you enjoyed the thread Alex!! As for your old comments on Brian in his stripey jumper he could look lovely in just about everything,even a frock......FLOSSIE!! LOL!!I would love to think he wasn't vain..however I do believe he was narcissistic bordering on the point of obsessive compulsive when it came to his hair. Then again,who wouldn't,when you looked that good? Grin

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii175/Suzyq4711/Brian%20Jones/EarlyBrian4.jpg...

IP Logged

JoneseygirlUK
Rocks Off Regular

Coventry U.K
Reply #802 - May 6th, 2008 at 12:23pm
MissNBrian wrote on May 6th, 2008 at 1:03am:
MissNBrian wrote on May 6th, 2008 at 12:54am:
JoneseygirlUK wrote on May 5th, 2008 at 3:10am:
zooeyglass wrote on May 5th, 2008 at 1:56am:

Tight pants indeed!! There's only one thing to say to Brian looking like that..(gasp) Thanks Zooey!!

PHWOOOOOAAAAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tongue

[size=24][/size]
That, and "WOW...is it me or is it HOTTTTT in here???"

I give up, I can't get this to go the way I want it to  :::sigh:::  (have I mentioned just how much I hate HTML???) LOL  I was trying to make it purple with bigger sized font, but can't do it ...  

What I said in the one above was in response to Jonesygirl's PHWOOOOOAAAAR was:  That, and "WOW!!  Is it me, or is it HOTT in here???"  Thought I'd re-type this so nobody messes up their eyes tryin to see my first post  

It got very hot in my part of the U.K after seeing those pictures!! 'Phwooar' is a British expression for when you think somebody's gorgeous!! Tongue

IP Logged

JoneseygirlUK
Rocks Off Regular

Coventry U.K
Reply #803 - May 6th, 2008 at 12:41pm
Voodoo- I think it's a lovely idea to have a sub forum and I think most of us Brian fans would be honoured. ( I understand when Lovechild mentions 'frosty receptions' on other boards and all the other rubbish we've had to put up with). However, I'm more with Zooey on this one-there are now about 9 daily posters on the thread and some people drop in now and then to post the odd photo. It is indeed a labour of love set up by Steve and co years ago.Like Zooey I don't want you to go through lots of trouble if the viewers don't become posters!! Perhaps a poll for the regular posters on whether we should have a sub forum? Undecided I've only recently joined, so I'll go with whatever the girls and boys want.

Lovechild...the word for the month is definitely 'frosty reception' and the sandwich is egg!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #804 - May 6th, 2008 at 12:50pm
Stewed n Keefed wrote on May 6th, 2008 at 7:41am:
Sioux wrote on May 6th, 2008 at 6:41am:
Wow Steve, yummy pix! Smiley I clicked on the BJ, Cheltenham MySpace page and just watched the slideshow of pix...it was neverending! And I saw about 3-4 pix I had never seen before....sure wish I could have printed them out. Thanks again for all the pix and the links! Kiss Grin

Hi Sioux

Tell me which pix's you had never seen before and I will post them here.

Steve

Hmmmm....I'm not sure how to tell you which ones. Some are not labeled. And the slideshow seems to go on forever! I watched for about 10 minutes, and it didn't start over again. If I can figure out a way to tell you, I certainly will...Smiley Thank you for being so willing to help!! Smiley Kiss

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

keithsgirl
Rocks Off Regular

Hello Project Fan!

Los Angeles
Reply #805 - May 6th, 2008 at 1:13pm
Anyone else buy the new Blender Magazine.

It has an interview with Keith

But the intro has some good quotes too...

My fave:

"The most beautiful women int he world are attracted to ugliness - as long as you've got a good tongue heh, heh."

I can just see him saying that. When I read it I was sitting in the car with my mom and I was telling her the funniest things he said. But I was laughing so hard, that I couldn't bring myself to say it!

So I handed the mag over to her and pointed to it...

When she finished reading it she scowled... and proceeded to call him ever name in the book that related to him being dirty & naughty. Essentially cussing him out in spanglish. Just like I knew she would!   Grin

The Original Teddy Girl Pin-Up Princess says:&&"What Ever Baby Wants Baby Gets!"&&http://www.myspace.com/mizzscarlett&&&&"Ya Can't Fix Stupid." -Ron White

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #806 - May 6th, 2008 at 4:33pm
JoneseygirlUK wrote on May 6th, 2008 at 12:41pm:
Voodoo- I think it's a lovely idea to have a sub forum and I think most of us Brian fans would be honoured. ( I understand when Lovechild mentions 'frosty receptions' on other boards and all the other rubbish we've had to put up with). However, I'm more with Zooey on this one-there are now about 9 daily posters on the thread and some people drop in now and then to post the odd photo. It is indeed a labour of love set up by Steve and co years ago.Like Zooey I don't want you to go through lots of trouble if the viewers don't become posters!! Perhaps a poll for the regular posters on whether we should have a sub forum? Undecided I've only recently joined, so I'll go with whatever the girls and boys want.

Lovechild...the word for the month is definitely 'frosty reception' and the sandwich is egg!! Cheesy

I'll speak to the frosty reception.
I'm a Keith girl. But first and foremost I LOVE the Rolling Stones.
They are MY band.
I loved them with Brian
I loved them with Mick T.
I love them with Ronnie.

So I guess the question is...did the Band STOP for you after 1969???
I am genuinely curious.

LJ.

IP Logged

BriansBabe
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #807 - May 6th, 2008 at 5:48pm
Hi Lady Jane  Smiley...I know you havenīt asked me  Smiley...but, my answer would be: NO :exclamation :exclamation :exclamation ... and I hope they will NEVER STOP!!!!  Wink

catch your dreams before they slip away

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #808 - May 6th, 2008 at 6:11pm
BriansBabe wrote on May 6th, 2008 at 5:48pm:
Hi Lady Jane  Smiley...I know you havenīt asked me  Smiley...but, my answer would be: NO :exclamation :exclamation :exclamation ... and I hope they will NEVER STOP!!!!  Wink

Actually my question was general in nature and I put it out there for all who cared to answer.

Thanks!

LJ.

IP Logged

BriansBabe
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #809 - May 6th, 2008 at 6:28pm
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on May 5th, 2008 at 9:27pm:
Hey People... as you can see this thread is really popular, the most viewed thread (in the old board we couldn't see the number of views just the number of replies). What do you think if we make a new sub-forum about Brian Jones? Here at the same board but in a new forum (like the one we have for help and suggestions)

First give your opinions and then probably we can make a poll when zooeyglass closes the current one.

One of the good things is that we can separate themes like Jimi and Brian, like Brian parents and sister, sons, life, music, contributions, etc

Just an idea. Probably it will be nice to let this as it is as it was the was this baby was born!

Let us know what do you think  Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

Very cool idea, Voodoo, THANKS!!! 
My fears are too, that the daily posters wouldnīt grow much, ya know?
Putting up a Poll - asking others about it would be maybe interesting???

... Grin

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

finder of truth

USA
Reply #810 - May 6th, 2008 at 6:39pm
LadyJane wrote on May 6th, 2008 at 6:11pm:
Hi Lady Jane  Smiley...I know you havenīt asked me  Smiley...but, my answer would be: NO :exclamation :exclamation :exclamation ... and I hope they will NEVER STOP!!!!  Wink

Actually my question was general in nature and I put it out there for all who cared to answer.

Thanks!

LJ.

LJ, I know it must seem a timewarp of sorts considering the Stones have been going strong near 40 years after BJ.  Brian was a bugger, but he's still my favorite Stone.  I love a lot of the post-60s Stones music, but it just so happens my favorite era is the 60s.  Can't say why, just personal preference.

And for the record -- I don't go around making little Mick and Keith dolls to stick pins in! 

Just kidding.  But I think you know what I mean and the obstacle it can be to joining in elsewhere. 

IP Logged

BriansBabe
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #811 - May 6th, 2008 at 6:40pm
Hi Lady Jane  Smiley...I know you havenīt asked me  Smiley...but, my answer would be: NO :exclamation :exclamation :exclamation ... and I hope they will NEVER STOP!!!!  Wink

Thanks!

LJ.

Youīre always very welcome  Smiley !!!!

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #812 - May 6th, 2008 at 6:49pm

Thanks!

LJ.

I will answer too.....Smiley I love the Stones. I love their music {for the most part Wink} I am a Brian fan. He is the one I am the most drawn too. I am fairlyl rabid in my interest and feelings....Smiley No, the band did not die for me after 1969. The band morphed, changed, explored other musical trends......I love the early 70's stuff the most, after the 60's albums. Sticky Fingers is a fave, but Exile is my very favorite post Brian project. I've loved that album since it first came out. Others , of course, are good as well. I was not crazy about the Miss You "disco" phase. But every album has gems. The Stones have done many genres of music---some bands never change, but they had/have diversity. I think it's amazing that they keep on going....recording, performing, doing MASSIVE world tours....they are a true phenomenon! I do love the boys. I don't always love what they say or do, but I have followed them for decades, and you don't throw the baby out with the bath water. So, that's pretty much the way I feel about it all.  Smiley

IP Logged

BriansBabe
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #813 - May 6th, 2008 at 6:53pm
So, well, my mad Lisa, ya arenīt my friend anymore  Grin...BRIAN WASN`T A BUGGER!!! He was a honey sweetie darling  Wink...lol...in that case you never get a  Smiley of me  Grin...

I hope you know, that I didnīt mean it...BUT TAKE THAT BUGGER BACK  Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?
LOL, no, I will write you tomorrow the promised PM my friend, okay? Love and hugs, Alex Smiley

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #814 - May 6th, 2008 at 6:54pm
Very interesting replies. I think dialogue is a good thing.

LJ.

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

finder of truth

USA
Reply #815 - May 6th, 2008 at 7:42pm
BriansBabe wrote on May 6th, 2008 at 6:53pm:
So, well, my mad Lisa, ya arenīt my friend anymore  Grin...BRIAN WASN`T A BUGGER!!! He was a honey sweetie darling  Wink...lol...in that case you never get a  Smiley of me  Grin...

I hope you know, that I didnīt mean it...BUT TAKE THAT BUGGER BACK  Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?
LOL, no, I will write you tomorrow the promised PM my friend, okay? Love and hugs, Alex Smiley

Sorry, liebe, Brian was a BUGGER!!  I know the Brits use it differently, but in America we use it to mean someone who's a rascal or does outrageous things.   

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

finder of truth

USA
Reply #816 - May 6th, 2008 at 7:47pm
Oh, Alex, danke for the PM, I haven't been able to respond -- don't think YOU owe me one though  Huh

IP Logged

GhostofBrianJones
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones Rules You
Bastards

Reply #817 - May 6th, 2008 at 7:59pm
I love those "We Love You Brian" Pictures where they are sitting around BJ and he has NO shirt on with his hat, coat and
jeans, scarf belt and wellies. He makes me HOT HOT HOT!!! I wish I could find some more like that. Thanks much. Smiley Wink Kiss Let's go get drunk

Resentment is like taking poison and expecting someone&&else to die!&&&&If you are talking about me behind my back then&&you are in a position to kiss my ass!&&&&Just because you're sitting in a henhouse doesn't make you a&&chicken!&&&&Sweet Lil' Innocent Brian!
WWW GhostofBrianJones GhostofBrianJones none none none  
IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #818 - May 6th, 2008 at 11:16pm
LadyJane wrote on May 6th, 2008 at 6:54pm:
Very interesting replies. I think dialogue is a good thing.

LJ.

Agreed. I think that dialogue leads to understanding and respect. Smiley I'm glad you checked into this thread, Lady Jane... Cool

IP Logged

JoneseygirlUK
Rocks Off Regular

Coventry U.K
Reply #819 - May 7th, 2008 at 1:11am
LadyJane wrote on May 6th, 2008 at 4:33pm:
JoneseygirlUK wrote on May 6th, 2008 at 12:41pm:

I'll speak to the frosty reception.
I'm a Keith girl. But first and foremost I LOVE the Rolling Stones.
They are MY band.
I loved them with Brian
I loved them with Mick T.
I love them with Ronnie.

So I guess the question is...did the Band STOP for you after 1969???
I am genuinely curious.

LJ.

Not so many frosty receptions nowadays,LJ ,and those were on different boards.No worries,kid.I love Brian but the band certainly didn't stop for me after 1969. I saw 'em twice in 1990 and still love them now. I HAVE got a soft spot for our Keef although not in the same way as Jonesey. Zooey, 'bugger' means pretty much the same in the U.K. now if we describe someone.We also use 'sod' in the same context.I'm afraid Brian could be all of these and more on his off days.Then on good days he could be everything Briansbabe said!! Cool

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

finder of truth

USA
Reply #820 - May 7th, 2008 at 1:36am
I wasn't sure on the "bugger" -- I was thinking of "bugger off"  Wink

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

finder of truth

USA
Reply #821 - May 7th, 2008 at 1:38am
Oh, but SOD I knew -- and you're right on that, too  Smiley

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

finder of truth

USA
Reply #822 - May 7th, 2008 at 1:44am
Straight from ebay for you, Miss S JonesyGirl

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

finder of truth

USA
Reply #823 - May 7th, 2008 at 1:45am

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

finder of truth

USA
Reply #824 - May 7th, 2008 at 1:46am
Mr. Jones, b. 1944...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 55
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)