Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Poll Poll
Question: [IMG]http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd25/zglass/64-65/c4a11.jpg[/IMG] If he hadn't been a musician, he would've ended up a...

« Created by: zooeyglass on: May 19th, 2008 at 2:26am »

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 55
Send Topic Print
Re: Brian.........part 16a (Read 158,856 times)
Love Child
Rocks Off Regular

No...please...not you
again!

BFE
Re: Brian.........part 16a
Reply #750 - May 5th, 2008 at 2:05am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Thank you Linda and Steve for all you do and bring to the Brian threads. I know I haven't said it, but I think You guys ROCK!!!  Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

Ass kickers, Shit kickers and Methodists.

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

Seeker of truth and, regrettably,
finder of truth

USA
Reply #751 - May 5th, 2008 at 2:06am
Love Child wrote on May 5th, 2008 at 1:59am:
Fabulous pics, Zooey! I have never seen these before! Thank you!

My, what tight pants you have, sir.

Well I guess we all know another very personal fact about Brian - he hung left! LOL!!!

Smiley

It might've been a "left brain" kinda day for Mr. Jones.

See ya all tomorrow --

IP Logged

JoneseygirlUK
Rocks Off Regular

Flossie Jones rules Dahlings!!

Coventry U.K
Reply #752 - May 5th, 2008 at 2:50am
Love Child wrote on May 5th, 2008 at 1:18am:
No, but it is the most haunted place in England!

There are many 'most haunted places' in the U.K.but I think I know the one you mean.I won't be knocking at the door as I've no desire to face the wrath of two angry Welsh pensioners!! No Ta. I was only interested in their welfare and whereabouts in relation to  memorabilia of Brian and I don't mean that in a callous way. I remember Mrs Jones showing the Rolling Stone author David Dalton lots of pictures of Brian as a boy. I have only ever seen three. I know they have suffered enough by losing two of their offspring and want to spend their old age in relative peace, so we may never see these pictures and stuff come to light and if we do,it'll be after they have passed away.

Thanks to everyone who liked the stripey Brian photos and for the Hendrix info.Let's stick together and keep the Brian photos coming.Doesn't matter if they've already been put on before!

I was routing through some of the photos from the BJFC fansite and came across a picture of Mr and Mrs Jones taken around 1970.Looks as if they had just visited the graves of Brian and Pauline. I agree with Ghost that Brian was the spitting image of his mother,and this is such a sad picture. Brian constantly craved their approval and then did something to exasperate them beyond belief.That seemed to be a running theme in most aspects of Brian's relationships with people.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii175/Suzyq4711/Brian%20Jones/0007.jpgt=12099...

IP Logged

Love Child
Rocks Off Regular

No...please...not you
again!

BFE
Reply #753 - May 5th, 2008 at 3:08am
Brian's sister was named Pamela. I thought maybe that was a typo...

I would have liked to see the pictures of Brian as a child, but Mr. and Mrs. apparently aren't  receiving "guests" at this time, even if those guests are related to them.   Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint  War horses couldn't drag me away  Better seen on weed!

IP Logged

JoneseygirlUK
Rocks Off Regular

Coventry U.K
Reply #754 - May 5th, 2008 at 3:10am
zooeyglass wrote on May 5th, 2008 at 1:56am:

Tight pants indeed!! There's only one thing to say to Brian looking like that..(gasp) Thanks Zooey!!

PHWOOOOOAAAAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tongue

« Last Edit: May 5th, 2008 at 3:44am by JoneseygirlUK »  

IP Logged

JoneseygirlUK
Rocks Off Regular

Coventry U.K
Reply #755 - May 5th, 2008 at 3:43am
Love Child wrote on May 5th, 2008 at 3:08am:
Brian's sister was named Pamela. I thought maybe that was a typo...

I would have liked to see the pictures of Brian as a child, but Mr. and Mrs. apparently aren't  receiving "guests" at this time, even if those guests are related to them.   Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint  War horses couldn't drag me away  Better seen on weed!

No, my mistake...it's my age!! Smiley I had it in my head that it was Pauline, but have consulted the BJ oracles and scriptures and found it was Pamela. I was wrong on the internet!! Grin

There's been quite a history of 'frosty receptions' at the front door of Mr and Mrs Jones ,mainly to their only begotten son and his various girlfriends declaring they were pregnant by him. I would imagine that anyone related to them by this particular lineage would not even get their feet on the doormat,let alone be given an egg sandwich. They're old and been through enough.Best left alone.

IP Logged

JoneseygirlUK
Rocks Off Regular

Coventry U.K
Reply #756 - May 5th, 2008 at 3:59am
GhostofBrianJones wrote on May 5th, 2008 at 1:26am:
Do you think Cotchford Farm has spirits within its grounds and the house? I believe it.  Smiley Cool Kiss Let's go get drunk

There are a lot of places in merrie old England that are reputedly haunted and have spirits and Cotchford is no exception as it's quite old.Now I KNOW which spirit we WOULD like to haunt Cotchford and lets face it, if Brian's spirit wanted to remain anywhere it would be there as he was so happy there. After years of literally having temporary homes he was finally grounded in that house,and had he lived longer he would have found more inner peace than ever. I guess it's a question for the present owners...if they are receptive to that kind of thing. I know I'm not and I'm no stranger to deaths and funerals. Brian was,wasn't he? He reckoned his old mews flat was haunted and wasn't there a mention of him being receptive to a ghost in Cotchford? True Piscean. Smiley

IP Logged

Stewed n Keefed
Rocks Off Regular

Please don't judge me
too harshly

Kent,England.
Reply #757 - May 5th, 2008 at 4:52am
This was Brian's music room at Cotchford Farm (now owned by the John family). It is also likely the room in which Brian was attacked on the night of July 2, 1969:

... Posts: 4601 | Registered: Dec 2002 |

IP Logged

Stewed n Keefed
Rocks Off Regular

Please don't judge me
too harshly

Kent,England.
Reply #758 - May 5th, 2008 at 4:54am

... Posts: 4601 | Registered: Dec 2002 |

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #759 - May 5th, 2008 at 6:07am
Love Child wrote on May 5th, 2008 at 12:49am:
I didn't mean anyone here posting would be showing up at their door  Wink I mean that anyone at all can look through these threads- you don't have to be registered or post to see what is going on here.

There are ...ah...less than stable...fans for every rock star or actor, but everyone at RO seems fabulous. I hope no one took offense.  Kiss

Nope, none taken here...Smiley And you are right about every star/celeb having a few crazies as fans. I've encountered some myself, during my friendship with Mark Lindsay. Some unbelievable people out there, with extreme visions of grandeur and distorted views of their relationship with the star....

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #760 - May 5th, 2008 at 6:13am
Great pix and information.  Smiley Lots to think about....I know all the history, felt that the Jones were still living, but it was good to read the birthdates and maiden/family names...Smiley

IP Logged

JoneseygirlUK
Rocks Off Regular

Coventry U.K
Reply #761 - May 5th, 2008 at 6:36am
Stewed n Keefed wrote on May 5th, 2008 at 4:52am:
This was Brian's music room at Cotchford Farm (now owned by the John family). It is also likely the room in which Brian was attacked on the night of July 2, 1969:

If only we were a fly on the wall on that night....thanks, Steve!!! Cool

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii175/Suzyq4711/Brian%20Jones/Brianathome.jpg...

IP Logged

JoneseygirlUK
Rocks Off Regular

Coventry U.K
Reply #762 - May 5th, 2008 at 6:52am
Sioux wrote on May 5th, 2008 at 6:13am:
Great pix and information.  Smiley Lots to think about....I know all the history, felt that the Jones were still living, but it was good to read the birthdates and maiden/family names...Smiley

According to another friend who visits the grave and museum every year, there's still only Pamela (not Pauline!! Roll Eyes) in the Jones' family plot.

Sioux, I vaguely remember reading somewhere back you had samples of Brian's hair...and my curiosity grows...where did you come across that? I have an old picture of him taken in 1964 with his autograph on the back.Prized,precious possession!! Smiley

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

Seeker of truth and, regrettably,
finder of truth

USA
Reply #763 - May 5th, 2008 at 10:25am
A British ROLLING STONES fan has vowed to hold on to a burial plot next to the grave of late bandmember BRIAN JONES - despite being offered $16,000 (GBP10,000) to sell it.

RICHARD LOVETT, 48, paid only $720 (GBP450) for the patch of land in Jones' native Cheltenham, England, after the guitarist mysteriously died in 1969 - and he's determined to be buried there himself, despite being offered the huge sum, by a woman in California, to hand it over.

Lovett says, "Brian was by far the best and most talented of the Stones, and when I come to meet my maker, I'm determined I shall be placed alongside him so we can be soulmates in Heaven."

07/07/2003

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/a%20rolling%20stone%20bu...

IP Logged

JoneseygirlUK
Rocks Off Regular

Coventry U.K
Reply #764 - May 5th, 2008 at 10:48am
Brian must therefore be soulmates with Albert 'Bert' Trigg, 'beloved husband of Ethel.' He's buried on the lefthandside of Brian!! Nice story,thanks Zooey!! Smiley

IP Logged

GhostofBrianJones
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones Rules You
Bastards

Reply #765 - May 5th, 2008 at 10:51am
I don't blame Richard for wanting that plot next to Brian, I would do the same thing!! Let's go get drunk Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Smiley Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Cool Cool Cool

Resentment is like taking poison and expecting someone&&else to die!&&&&If you are talking about me behind my back then&&you are in a position to kiss my ass!&&&&Just because you're sitting in a henhouse doesn't make you a&&chicken!&&&&Sweet Lil' Innocent Brian!
WWW GhostofBrianJones GhostofBrianJones none none none  
IP Logged

BriansBabe
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #766 - May 5th, 2008 at 4:23pm
GhostofBrianJones wrote on May 4th, 2008 at 10:43pm:
Hi Everybody!! thanks for the magnificent pictures!

I would like to encourage those of us who post here to please remember to respond to others who are posting here as well
including the one you happen to be responding to at that time. We must always remember we as a group are  keeping
Brian's memory alive, and each of us plays a very significant part in doing that. We all get along, are all friends
and no one likes to be ignored or left out. I  hope we can always reach out and communicate with each other at all
times. It is like this, when someone posts try to respond. This is what the other members of groups I belong to do
and  on the LARS board as well. This is just a gentle reminder so we can all participate in this thread's activities
and no one will feel ignored or left out.  Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Let's go get drunk :charliesgoodtonite Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

LOVE TO ALL!!

LOVE TO S&K!!! (MY MAIN BRIAN JONES FAN MAN!!) 

Sorry, Linda, but:

catch your dreams before they slip away

IP Logged

BriansBabe
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #767 - May 5th, 2008 at 4:25pm
BriansBabe wrote on May 3rd, 2008 at 10:03pm:
GhostofBrianJones wrote on May 3rd, 2008 at 9:33pm:
How is this one?

Great Linda dear!!!!!
You did it!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!  Smiley
WE WANNA SEE MORE  Grin...

Thanks so much, till tomorrow (with more picīs of you??)....love and hugs, Alex Smiley

Look, Brian is happy too, that you postin now picīs of him:

Well, Alex  Shut the fuck up now now... Smiley

Where is the respond to this???

IP Logged

BriansBabe
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #768 - May 5th, 2008 at 4:28pm
BriansBabe wrote on May 4th, 2008 at 4:43pm:
Stewed n Keefed wrote on May 4th, 2008 at 5:20am:
GhostofBrianJones wrote on May 4th, 2008 at 2:55am:
Well I guess I should just sticking writing to Steve since he and I are not given much attention to these
days.  We could start a private BJ thread and let the lovely Brian ladies continue on with their own thread dedicated to
our beloved Brian. They would never know we were gone  :youmademecrylikeababy Cool Roll Eyes Cry Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Smiley

Cry

Dear Linda and Steve,
Iīm here now since 1 year, but Iīve read everything from Brian part 1 on till part 9 when I posted for the first time here...thatīs the reason, why I know very well that you both often posted, when no other had done and keep this lovely thread alive...others were come and gone, but you are here from the start - and what the thread is today, owe we all to you both!!!!

...now you can maybe imagine, that Iīm far away from wanna make you feeling  Cry ...
but, if I have contributed to it ??? :

...remember Steve? This was my first pic dedicated to you, I must always smile when I look at it  Smiley...
Love, Alex

...or, to this????  Cry

...just a gentle reminder too... Sad

IP Logged

Love Child
Rocks Off Regular

No...please...not you
again!

BFE
Reply #769 - May 5th, 2008 at 5:09pm
Quote:
They're old and been through enough.Best left alone.

Totally agree with you there.
No egg sandwich for you! Come back one year!

Although the ones who seek them out really just want to say "Hi" to their relatives. There is no harm at all meant and to have more people in your life surrounding you with love in your later years, well I always thought that was a good thing. But anyway....perhaps it is too painful to relive things. Who knows, I was never in the Jones' shoes.

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #770 - May 5th, 2008 at 6:36pm
JoneseygirlUK wrote on May 5th, 2008 at 6:52am:
Sioux wrote on May 5th, 2008 at 6:13am:
Great pix and information.  Smiley Lots to think about....I know all the history, felt that the Jones were still living, but it was good to read the birthdates and maiden/family names...Smiley

According to another friend who visits the grave and museum every year, there's still only Pamela (not Pauline!! Roll Eyes) in the Jones' family plot.

Sioux, I vaguely remember reading somewhere back you had samples of Brian's hair...and my curiosity grows...where did you come across that? I have an old picture of him taken in 1964 with his autograph on the back.Prized,precious possession!! Smiley

My first specimen of Brian's hair {circa early 1965} was from a friend of mine in England---she lived in Australia back in the 60's, and she was the secretary of the Stones fan club. She obtained autographs of Brian and Bill {at their hotel}, and two LONG lovely strands of Brian's hair...Smiley They are now mine.  The second, which is a small lock of maybe a dozen hairs, was given to me by a friend who got them off Brian in early '69. And the 3rd small lock {and autograph} I won off eBay from a very reputable auction house. I have been blessed indeed with Brian memorabilia! Smiley

IP Logged

BriansBabe
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #771 - May 5th, 2008 at 6:39pm
Hey dears, interesting exchange of views and much spiritual inspiration for me...my BRAIN jumped of joy  Smiley...and is full of BRIAN (as always  Grin)...

Night and love, Alex  Kiss

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #772 - May 5th, 2008 at 6:41pm
Love Child wrote on May 5th, 2008 at 5:09pm:
Quote:
They're old and been through enough.Best left alone.

Totally agree with you there.
No egg sandwich for you! Come back one year!

Although the ones who seek them out really just want to say "Hi" to their relatives. There is no harm at all meant and to have more people in your life surrounding you with love in your later years, well I always thought that was a good thing. But anyway....perhaps it is too painful to relive things. Who knows, I was never in the Jones' shoes.

They seem to me to have always been very private people. And I'm sure they would have to question anyone's motives who approached them wanting to talk about Brian......sad, but they will probably just quietly pass away someday, with little fuss or furor. And I think sister Barbara is very private too. I do wonder what the Jones' will do with any Brian possessions they still may have... :question Huh

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #773 - May 5th, 2008 at 6:42pm
Night Alex, and thanks ALWAYS for the wonderful pix and lovely words about our Brian! Smiley Tongue

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #774 - May 5th, 2008 at 6:43pm
zooeyglass wrote on May 5th, 2008 at 10:25am:
A British ROLLING STONES fan has vowed to hold on to a burial plot next to the grave of late bandmember BRIAN JONES - despite being offered $16,000 (GBP10,000) to sell it.

RICHARD LOVETT, 48, paid only $720 (GBP450) for the patch of land in Jones' native Cheltenham, England, after the guitarist mysteriously died in 1969 - and he's determined to be buried there himself, despite being offered the huge sum, by a woman in California, to hand it over.

Lovett says, "Brian was by far the best and most talented of the Stones, and when I come to meet my maker, I'm determined I shall be placed alongside him so we can be soulmates in Heaven."

07/07/2003

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/a%20rolling%20stone%20bu...

I know about Richard Lovett...he was a member of the BJ fan club, Cheltenham. No, I can't see him giving up that burial plot for anything or anybody.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 55
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)