Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Poll Poll
Question: [IMG]http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd25/zglass/64-65/c4a11.jpg[/IMG] If he hadn't been a musician, he would've ended up a...

« Created by: zooeyglass on: May 19th, 2008 at 2:26am »

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 55
Send Topic Print
Re: Brian.........part 16a (Read 159,119 times)
BriansBabe
Rocks Off Regular

Re: Brian.........part 16a
Reply #725 - May 4th, 2008 at 4:43pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Stewed n Keefed wrote on May 4th, 2008 at 5:20am:
GhostofBrianJones wrote on May 4th, 2008 at 2:55am:
Well I guess I should just sticking writing to Steve since he and I are not given much attention to these
days.  We could start a private BJ thread and let the lovely Brian ladies continue on with their own thread dedicated to
our beloved Brian. They would never know we were gone  :youmademecrylikeababy Cool Roll Eyes Cry Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Smiley

Cry

Dear Linda and Steve,
I´m here now since 1 year, but I´ve read everything from Brian part 1 on till part 9 when I posted for the first time here...that´s the reason, why I know very well that you both often posted, when no other had done and keep this lovely thread alive...others were come and gone, but you are here from the start - and what the thread is today, owe we all to you both!!!!

...now you can maybe imagine, that I´m far away from wanna make you feeling  Cry ...
but, if I have contributed to it ??? :

...remember Steve? This was my first pic dedicated to you, I must always smile when I look at it  Smiley...
Love, Alex
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2008 at 4:46pm by BriansBabe »  

catch your dreams before they slip away

IP Logged

Love Child
Rocks Off Regular

No...please...not you
again!

BFE
Reply #726 - May 4th, 2008 at 4:44pm
I am a love child . It was the euphemistic way to say Bastard back in the 60s and 70s. Actually though I am a Bastardette. I am proud of it too. I would rather be the product of a sordid, lustful one night stand than conceived from routine babymaking Yuppy sex any old day.

Brian's parents are alive and they dont live exactly in Cheltenham, but a village right around there where headless people ride around at night on their horse. They moved in Nov of 2002 to this place and live in semi-detached happiness. I won't say the town because then people might be showing up at their door. If you did, they would beat you away with a cane. Trust me. You are no match for these 90 year olds.

LOL! But they are alive and as crotchety as they wanna be.

Thank you all for such lovely pictures of this lovely man who has many love children.

« Last Edit: May 4th, 2008 at 4:51pm by Love Child »  

Ass kickers, Shit kickers and Methodists.

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #727 - May 4th, 2008 at 6:31pm
Heart Of Stone wrote on May 4th, 2008 at 4:00pm:
I read this in a magazine after Brian's death, I can't remember which one, I think it was "Circus" but I'm not sure, I think it might have been a critics review of Hendrix's "In The West" album, where it's commented on each song, & I remember it mentioned that this song was dedicated to Brian Jones.
I looked this up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Jones
Brian Jones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hendrix plays Lover Man dedicated to Brian Jones at "Tonight show with Flip Wilson as host on July 10. Jimi celebrates his last birthday attending a Rolling ...

http://books.google.ca/books?id=jD9YWZCG28IC&pg=PA288&lpg=PA288&dq=lover+man+by+...
'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Sky: The ... - Google Book Search

LOL the text "Hendrix plays Lover Man dedicated to Brian Jones at "Tonight show with Flip Wilson as host on July 10. Jimi celebrates his last birthday attending a Rolling ..." comes from our space about Jimi Hendrix and the Rolling Stones, check it out here http://www.rocksoff.org/jimi.htm

As far as I know "Lover Man" was "dedicated to" and not "written about Brian", and it was dedicated to Brian only that night

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #728 - May 4th, 2008 at 6:33pm
Sioux wrote on May 4th, 2008 at 3:34pm:
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on May 4th, 2008 at 2:09pm:
Some days ago I posted after night a message about Jimi being a fan of Brian Jones; this is a video taken from the movie "Hendrix" (2000) and even that this interview is with the actor is a transcript of Jimi's last interview conducted some says before he passed away. After the interview (just the Brian Jones part) I added the scene in which Jimi talks about Brian's dead

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/gliedo/Second/?action=view&current=h8-jimi-...

Voodoo, that is brilliant. SO moving....brought tears to my eyes when "Jimi" answered about how he felt about Brian's death. Thank you SO MUCH for posting that. Smiley Smiley

Thanks Sioux; I felt the same when I saw that movie for the first time, I wanted to share it with you all Brian people! Let's go get drunk

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #729 - May 4th, 2008 at 6:37pm
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on May 4th, 2008 at 6:31pm:
I read this in a magazine after Brian's death, I can't remember which one, I think it was "Circus" but I'm not sure, I think it might have been a critics review of Hendrix's "In The West" album, where it's commented on each song, & I remember it mentioned that this song was dedicated to Brian Jones.

Hendrix plays Lover Man dedicated to Brian Jones at "Tonight show with Flip Wilson as host on July 10. Jimi celebrates his last birthday attending a Rolling ...

http://books.google.ca/books?id=jD9YWZCG28IC&pg=PA288&lpg=PA288&dq=lover+man+by+...

LOL the text "Hendrix plays Lover Man dedicated to Brian Jones at "Tonight show with Flip Wilson as host on July 10. Jimi celebrates his last birthday attending a Rolling ..." comes from our space about Jimi Hendrix and the Rolling Stones, check it out here http://www.rocksoff.org/jimi.htm

As far as I know "Lover Man" was "dedicated to" and not "written about Brian", and it was dedicated to Brian only that night

Your right about that voodoo, when I was looking up information about the song on google,  I noticed the site was this one, & it was dedicated, not written about, but I remember reading about that song to Brian in fall of '69.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #730 - May 4th, 2008 at 9:27pm
Love Child wrote on May 4th, 2008 at 4:44pm:
I am a love child . It was the euphemistic way to say Bastard back in the 60s and 70s. Actually though I am a Bastardette. I am proud of it too. I would rather be the product of a sordid, lustful one night stand than conceived from routine babymaking Yuppy sex any old day.

Brian's parents are alive and they dont live exactly in Cheltenham, but a village right around there where headless people ride around at night on their horse. They moved in Nov of 2002 to this place and live in semi-detached happiness. I won't say the town because then people might be showing up at their door. If you did, they would beat you away with a cane. Trust me. You are no match for these 90 year olds.

Thank you all for such lovely pictures of this lovely man who has many love children.

Thanks for that information, and yes I think there are some psychos between the Brian Jones fans LOL
You sound like an insider or someone really close to Brian and/or his family... Would you please tell us some more about you?  Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #731 - May 4th, 2008 at 9:52pm
Sioux wrote on May 4th, 2008 at 3:43pm:
Heart Of Stone wrote on May 4th, 2008 at 2:16pm:
Jimi's song "Lover Man" was written about Brian, Jim Morrison wrote a poem about Brian & it's here.
http://www.people.nnov.ru/thedoors/wilderness2.htm
ODE TO LA WHILE THINKING OF BRIAN JONES, DECEASED

I know about Morrison's poem....and so prophetically strange that he died 2 years to the day that Brian died...

I've heard tell that "Lover Man" was about Brian. But I've never read a definitive confirmation of it. Where did you hear/read this? It sure sounds like it COULD be about Brian. And Jimi and Brian were great friends...

Ahhh, this is great.  Smiley Now that I read that excerpt from that book about Hendrix, it sounds really familiar. Thanks for the info! Grin

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #732 - May 4th, 2008 at 9:57pm
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on May 4th, 2008 at 9:27pm:
Love Child wrote on May 4th, 2008 at 4:44pm:

Thanks for that information, and yes I think there are some psychos between the Brian Jones fans LOL
You sound like an insider or someone really close to Brian and/or his family... Would you please tell us some more about you?  Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

Whoa, yeah, I'm sure there are some psycho Brian fans....just as there are probably some psycho Mick and Keith fans too.. Wink But probably not Charlie! Charlie is our "darling"... Grin We are a bit crazy about our Brian here---we are rabid fans! But I don't think any of us here on RO are actually psycho... Shocked  Wink Tongue

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

GhostofBrianJones
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones Rules You
Bastards

Reply #733 - May 4th, 2008 at 10:43pm
Hi Everybody!! thanks for the magnificent pictures!

I would like to encourage those of us who post here to please remember to respond to others who are posting here as well
including the one you happen to be responding to at that time. We must always remember we as a group are  keeping
Brian's memory alive, and each of us plays a very significant part in doing that. We all get along, are all friends
and no one likes to be ignored or left out. I  hope we can always reach out and communicate with each other at all
times. It is like this, when someone posts try to respond. This is what the other members of groups I belong to do
and  on the LARS board as well. This is just a gentle reminder so we can all participate in this thread's activities
and no one will feel ignored or left out.  Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Let's go get drunk :charliesgoodtonite Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

LOVE TO ALL!!

LOVE TO S&K!!! (MY MAIN BRIAN JONES FAN MAN!!) 
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2008 at 10:44pm by GhostofBrianJones »  

Resentment is like taking poison and expecting someone&&else to die!&&&&If you are talking about me behind my back then&&you are in a position to kiss my ass!&&&&Just because you're sitting in a henhouse doesn't make you a&&chicken!&&&&Sweet Lil' Innocent Brian!
WWW GhostofBrianJones GhostofBrianJones none none none  
IP Logged

Love Child
Rocks Off Regular

No...please...not you
again!

BFE
Reply #734 - May 5th, 2008 at 12:28am
Louisa Jones (nee Simmonds) was born in Dec of 1918 in Bridgend. She was only 51 when Brian died. I know they look older than 51 in the photos, but back then 50 was like 60 is now. She'll be 90 this Dec. Her mother's (Brian's grandmother) maiden name was Bartlett.

Brian's parents were married in Bridgend in June of 1940.

Bridgend is in Wales.

***modifying this because obviously I fell asleep in my Maths class. Brian's mother was 50 when he died and she would have been 51 in Dec of 69. Durgh! Well, I AM blond.
« Last Edit: May 5th, 2008 at 5:23pm by Love Child »  

IP Logged

Love Child
Rocks Off Regular

No...please...not you
again!

BFE
Reply #735 - May 5th, 2008 at 12:49am
I didn't mean anyone here posting would be showing up at their door  Wink I mean that anyone at all can look through these threads- you don't have to be registered or post to see what is going on here.

There are ...ah...less than stable...fans for every rock star or actor, but everyone at RO seems fabulous. I hope no one took offense.  Kiss

IP Logged

GhostofBrianJones
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones Rules You
Bastards

Reply #736 - May 5th, 2008 at 1:01am
I can also relate to having older parents. My Mom was born in 1913 and my Dad in 1910. I was born in 1949 and my
Mom died 9-15-2003 and my Dad June 4th, 1994. They adopted me in September 1949 and had it legalized in 9-1950.
I have heard longevity runs in the Jones family on both sides. His parents came from Wales from what I understand.
I think Brian is the spittin' image of his Mother. I also believe they were good, kind loving people who did the best they
would with what they  had and what they  knew back then. They have always loved Brian unconditionally, and have
as parents made mistakes like mine did too. They were devastated and grief stricken beyond comprehension when he
died, you can see it on their faces in the photos at the funeral. I hope they are still doing well.

Thanks for the information, all that was new for me.

Smiley Sad

Sleepy Hollow England???
« Last Edit: May 5th, 2008 at 1:04am by GhostofBrianJones »  

Resentment is like taking poison and expecting someone&&else to die!&&&&If you are talking about me behind my back then&&you are in a position to kiss my ass!&&&&Just because you're sitting in a henhouse doesn't make you a&&chicken!&&&&Sweet Lil' Innocent Brian!
IP Logged

Love Child
Rocks Off Regular

No...please...not you
again!

BFE
Reply #737 - May 5th, 2008 at 1:18am
No, but it is the most haunted place in England!

IP Logged

GhostofBrianJones
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones Rules You
Bastards

Reply #738 - May 5th, 2008 at 1:26am
Do you think Cotchford Farm has spirits within its grounds and the house? I believe it.  Smiley Cool Kiss Let's go get drunk

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

Seeker of truth and, regrettably,
finder of truth

USA
Reply #739 - May 5th, 2008 at 1:49am

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

finder of truth

USA
Reply #740 - May 5th, 2008 at 1:49am

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

finder of truth

USA
Reply #741 - May 5th, 2008 at 1:50am

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

finder of truth

USA
Reply #742 - May 5th, 2008 at 1:51am

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

finder of truth

USA
Reply #743 - May 5th, 2008 at 1:52am

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

finder of truth

USA
Reply #744 - May 5th, 2008 at 1:55am

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

finder of truth

USA
Reply #745 - May 5th, 2008 at 1:56am

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

finder of truth

USA
Reply #746 - May 5th, 2008 at 1:58am

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

finder of truth

USA
Reply #747 - May 5th, 2008 at 1:59am

IP Logged

Love Child
Rocks Off Regular

No...please...not you
again!

BFE
Reply #748 - May 5th, 2008 at 1:59am
Fabulous pics, Zooey! I have never seen these before! Thank you!

My, what tight pants you have, sir.

Well I guess we all know another very personal fact about Brian - he hung left! LOL!!!

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

finder of truth

USA
Reply #749 - May 5th, 2008 at 2:03am
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on May 4th, 2008 at 2:09pm:
Some days ago I posted after night a message about Jimi being a fan of Brian Jones; this is a video taken from the movie "Hendrix" (2000) and even that this interview is with the actor is a transcript of Jimi's last interview conducted some says before he passed away. After the interview (just the Brian Jones part) I added the scene in which Jimi talks about Brian's dead

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/gliedo/Second/?action=view&current=h8-jimi-...

Thanks, Voodoo, that was nice.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 55
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)