Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Poll Poll
Question: [IMG]http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd25/zglass/64-65/c4a11.jpg[/IMG] If he hadn't been a musician, he would've ended up a...

« Created by: zooeyglass on: May 19th, 2008 at 2:26am »

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 55
Send Topic Print
Re: Brian.........part 16a (Read 158,637 times)
zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

Seeker of truth and, regrettably,
finder of truth

USA
Re: Brian.........part 16a
Reply #700 - May 4th, 2008 at 7:22am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

finder of truth

USA
Reply #701 - May 4th, 2008 at 7:43am
Thanks, Suzy, got your PM!

IP Logged

JoneseygirlUK
Rocks Off Regular

Flossie Jones rules Dahlings!!

Coventry U.K
Reply #702 - May 4th, 2008 at 8:48am
Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Thanks Zooey.....I hope it helps for your trip. I think the reason Trevor is having trouble finding things that belonged to Brian is that most of his stuff was nicked or burned at Cotchford after his death. My theory anyway.Do you know, I'm not even sure whether his parents are still alive or deceased. If they are,they must be approaching 100...they were cracking on when he died. Undecided  

IP Logged

MissNBrian
Rocks Off Regular

"When this u see, remember
me..."

Hazel Park, MI USA
Reply #703 - May 4th, 2008 at 10:54am
JoneseygirlUK wrote on May 4th, 2008 at 8:48am:

Thanks Zooey.....I hope it helps for your trip. I think the reason Trevor is having trouble finding things that belonged to Brian is that most of his stuff was nicked or burned at Cotchford after his death. My theory anyway.Do you know, I'm not even sure whether his parents are still alive or deceased. If they are,they must be approaching 100...they were cracking on when he died. Undecided  

[font=Fantasy][/font][size=24][/size]
If I remember correctly, his dad was 62 when he passed...I don't remember them saying how old Louisa was.  But, yeah they gotta be 100 by now if still alive, or pretty darn close to it

Testing out to see if I got this right again  LOL  Keep all them GREEEEEEEEEAT pics of our prince coming!!

"Doctor please, some more men please&&To Cotchford Farm, out by the pool...&&&&What a drag it is they couldn't revive him."&&&&Brian Jones    2/28/42 - 7/2/69

IP Logged

JoneseygirlUK
Rocks Off Regular

Coventry U.K
Reply #704 - May 4th, 2008 at 10:56am
I know Briansbabe is a big fan of our Prince in his splendour at Monterey and I've got a soft spot for Flossie as you all know(!!!) Roll EyesI love Brian's courage in wearing what was then considered to be effeminate and colourful garb but another fave time period is when he could almost be the boy next door. I mean the '1964 striped jumper' period.Brian didn't half get some mileage out of that top considering he nicked it from a member of The Pretty Things!! His hair was beautiful and he looked fantastic. Looks as if he never took it off or gave it back Grin

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii175/Suzyq4711/Brian%20Jones/033.jpgt=120991...

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii175/Suzyq4711/Brian%20Jones/brian5-1.jpgt=1...

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii175/Suzyq4711/Brian%20Jones/Brian20in20stri...

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

finder of truth

USA
Reply #705 - May 4th, 2008 at 11:01am

Yes, I don't think there's a wealth of Brian memorabilia out there -- but I suspect that not everything got nicked; I've heard his parents had some things as I remember reading about them giving some of Brian's things to others.  We'll never know what they really ended up with.

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

finder of truth

USA
Reply #707 - May 4th, 2008 at 11:02am

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

finder of truth

USA
Reply #708 - May 4th, 2008 at 11:03am

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

finder of truth

USA
Reply #709 - May 4th, 2008 at 11:04am

IP Logged

BriansBabe
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #711 - May 4th, 2008 at 11:19am
zooeyglass wrote on May 4th, 2008 at 6:28am:
BriansBabe wrote on May 3rd, 2008 at 1:22pm:
Hi, Lisa dear, look, I found a comforting pic for you:

Take care and enough rest!!! No work, ya know??!!!
Love and hugs for ya, Alex Smiley

Danke, liebe, feeling better and better

Bitte, liebe & Danke for the lovely pic you posted, Brian looks so happy in it, always a joy to look at !!!
I´m so glad, that you are feeling much better  Smiley  :exclamation :exclamation

« Last Edit: May 4th, 2008 at 11:20am by BriansBabe »  

catch your dreams before they slip away

IP Logged

JoneseygirlUK
Rocks Off Regular

Coventry U.K
Reply #712 - May 4th, 2008 at 11:34am
zooeyglass wrote on May 4th, 2008 at 11:01am:

Yes, I don't think there's a wealth of Brian memorabilia out there -- but I suspect that not everything got nicked; I've heard his parents had some things as I remember reading about them giving some of Brian's things to others.  We'll never know what they really ended up with.

I know Mrs Hallett got a picture and a piece of Moroccan furniture and that young fan Helen Spittal got a pair of his boots.When you consider all of Brian's clothes and jewellry,some of them instantly recognisable to a big Stones fan, you'd think they'd crop up somewhere. As I said before, I don't know whether Brian's parents are alive and if not,what happened to the stuff they had. Undecided

IP Logged

BriansBabe
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #713 - May 4th, 2008 at 12:00pm
[quote author=JoneseygirlUK http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii175/Suzyq4711/Brian%20Jones/bj-2.jpgt=12099...

Thanks so much for that pic Suzy!!!! Never seen before  Shocked = WOOOOW  :exclamation :exclamation
And you got that right, Brian could wear what he want, he looks so damn great and cool in everything...it´s maybe the kind of way he was wearing his clothes - with a lot of pride but not too much vanity???!!!

Btw, interesting thoughts about his parents, I always wondering about that too...I never heard that they are deceased, it´s weird that no one know this for sure, if they are still alive or not, no???
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2008 at 12:11pm by BriansBabe »  

IP Logged

BriansBabe
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #714 - May 4th, 2008 at 12:20pm
author=MissNBrian
[/font]
[/size]

Testing out to see if I got this right again  LOL  Keep all them GREEEEEEEEEAT pics of our prince coming!!

Oh, as I see it works for you to write in colors!!! Well done!!!  Smiley Smiley

Hmmmm? But I do not know why that: [font=Fantasy]
[size=24]
[color=#993366] shows up in your posts???? Well you can delete it if you click on modify, sorry I´ve no better idea...maybe someone else have????
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2008 at 12:27pm by BriansBabe »  

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #715 - May 4th, 2008 at 2:09pm
Some days ago I posted after night a message about Jimi being a fan of Brian Jones; this is a video taken from the movie "Hendrix" (2000) and even that this interview is with the actor is a transcript of Jimi's last interview conducted some says before he passed away. After the interview (just the Brian Jones part) I added the scene in which Jimi talks about Brian's dead

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/gliedo/Second/?action=view&current=h8-jimi-...

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #716 - May 4th, 2008 at 2:16pm
Jimi's song "Lover Man" was written about Brian, Jim Morrison wrote a poem about Brian & it's here.
http://www.people.nnov.ru/thedoors/wilderness2.htm
ODE TO LA WHILE THINKING OF BRIAN JONES, DECEASED

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

GhostofBrianJones
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones Rules You
Bastards

Reply #717 - May 4th, 2008 at 3:07pm
I have never read where Brian's parents have died. How did you find this out? I thought both of them were
still alive. Maybe Voodoo knows from Julian? The last thing I heard was they supposedly left their house in Cheltehnam
and moved elsewhere but I don't know where. I saw this  in a letter copied on e-Bay about a year or so ago.

I have never read  of their deaths anywhere not even on the fan club site. Interesting. 
Smiley Cool Embarrassed Kiss So long sucker

Resentment is like taking poison and expecting someone&&else to die!&&&&If you are talking about me behind my back then&&you are in a position to kiss my ass!&&&&Just because you're sitting in a henhouse doesn't make you a&&chicken!&&&&Sweet Lil' Innocent Brian!
WWW GhostofBrianJones GhostofBrianJones none none none  
IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #718 - May 4th, 2008 at 3:21pm
JoneseygirlUK wrote on May 4th, 2008 at 10:56am:
I know Briansbabe is a big fan of our Prince in his splendour at Monterey and I've got a soft spot for Flossie as you all know(!!!) Roll EyesI love Brian's courage in wearing what was then considered to be effeminate and colourful garb but another fave time period is when he could almost be the boy next door. I mean the '1964 striped jumper' period.Brian didn't half get some mileage out of that top considering he nicked it from a member of The Pretty Things!! His hair was beautiful and he looked fantastic. Looks as if he never took it off or gave it back Grin

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii175/Suzyq4711/Brian%20Jones/033.jpgt=120991...

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii175/Suzyq4711/Brian%20Jones/brian5-1.jpgt=1...

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii175/Suzyq4711/Brian%20Jones/Brian20in20stri...

And that's my favorite Brian period---'64-'65...the period I call "Brian Jones, the coolest boy in school".  Smiley He was just fresh and young and beautiful, and I loved the way he wore the striped jumper, the radio Syd shirt, the black turtleneck, the brown suede-y looking leather laced up shirt.....the white pants. Smiley He was just so darned beautiful... Kiss

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #719 - May 4th, 2008 at 3:29pm
GhostofBrianJones wrote on May 4th, 2008 at 3:07pm:
I have never read where Brian's parents have died. How did you find this out? I thought both of them were
still alive. Maybe Voodoo knows from Julian? The last thing I heard was they supposedly left their house in Cheltehnam
and moved elsewhere but I don't know where. I saw this  in a letter copied on e-Bay about a year or so ago.

I have never read  of their deaths anywhere not even on the fan club site. Interesting.  
Smiley Cool Embarrassed Kiss So long sucker

I think they are still alive. I think there was just some speculation going on, since they would be quite elderly now. I think they did get some of Brian's things. But most of his guitars and instruments,  and the tapes of music he'd made.....well, who knows where they are? Could still be in the hands of unscrupulous crooks {or their families}. I had heard that Helen Spittal got not only the pink snakeskin boots, but also the aforementioned black and white striped jumper.....

I would love something personal. {Well, I DO have some hair---3 samples, actually! Grin} and a couple of autographs...and an addressed envelope.....I would love a piece of clothing or jewelry---or a harmonica! One went up on eBay a few years ago...donated by Gordon Waller {Peter & Gordon} and the proceeds went to charity. It went for $3500...I have heard that years ago, a few of Brian things {clothes, I believe} DID go up on eBay. But I'm sure they went for many thousands of dollars...

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #720 - May 4th, 2008 at 3:31pm
Lisa, glad you are feeling better!! Grin

Linda, glad you are here!!! Grin

Steve, ALWAYS glad when you are here with us!!!! Grin

Alex, it's so wonderful to see you here EVERY DAY!!! Grin

And, the rest of you lovely fans......LOVE seeing you all here!  Grin I love seeing your pix, and reading what you have to say. And, believe me, if you don't show up here for awhile, we'll know it! Huh Sad

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #721 - May 4th, 2008 at 3:34pm
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on May 4th, 2008 at 2:09pm:
Some days ago I posted after night a message about Jimi being a fan of Brian Jones; this is a video taken from the movie "Hendrix" (2000) and even that this interview is with the actor is a transcript of Jimi's last interview conducted some says before he passed away. After the interview (just the Brian Jones part) I added the scene in which Jimi talks about Brian's dead

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/gliedo/Second/?action=view&current=h8-jimi-...

Voodoo, that is brilliant. SO moving....brought tears to my eyes when "Jimi" answered about how he felt about Brian's death. Thank you SO MUCH for posting that. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #722 - May 4th, 2008 at 3:43pm
Heart Of Stone wrote on May 4th, 2008 at 2:16pm:
Jimi's song "Lover Man" was written about Brian, Jim Morrison wrote a poem about Brian & it's here.

I know about Morrison's poem....and so prophetically strange that he died 2 years to the day that Brian died...

I've heard tell that "Lover Man" was about Brian. But I've never read a definitive confirmation of it. Where did you hear/read this? It sure sounds like it COULD be about Brian. And Jimi and Brian were great friends...

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #723 - May 4th, 2008 at 4:00pm
Sioux wrote on May 4th, 2008 at 3:43pm:
Heart Of Stone wrote on May 4th, 2008 at 2:16pm:

I know about Morrison's poem....and so prophetically strange that he died 2 years to the day that Brian died...

I've heard tell that "Lover Man" was about Brian. But I've never read a definitive confirmation of it. Where did you hear/read this? It sure sounds like it COULD be about Brian. And Jimi and Brian were great friends...

I read this in a magazine after Brian's death, I can't remember which one, I think it was "Circus" but I'm not sure, I think it might have been a critics review of Hendrix's "In The West" album, where it's commented on each song, & I remember it mentioned that this song was dedicated to Brian Jones.
I looked this up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Jones
Brian Jones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hendrix plays Lover Man dedicated to Brian Jones at "Tonight show with Flip Wilson as host on July 10. Jimi celebrates his last birthday attending a Rolling ...
http://books.google.ca/books?id=jD9YWZCG28IC&pg=PA288&lpg=PA288&dq=lover+man+by+...
'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Sky: The ... - Google Book Search
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2008 at 4:14pm by Heart Of Stone »  

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Funky-Punk woman
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones Rules You
Bastards

UK
Reply #724 - May 4th, 2008 at 4:11pm
Hi everybody!!

Brian's parents are alive and well in Cheltenham

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 55
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)