Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 ... 167
Send Topic Print
Anything Springsteen  on RO... Part 4a (Read 568,255 times)
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Re: Anything Springsteen  on RO... Part 4a
Reply #3975 - Mar 16th, 2013 at 1:54pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Feb 26th, 2013 at 10:40pm:
Gazza wrote on Feb 19th, 2013 at 6:35am:
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Dec 11th, 2012 at 2:42pm:
The venue is 20,000 full, sold out show

I made an audio recording with my cel, will post later is ony one of the three hours, however this Saturday I will get a video of the full show in DVD and the audio in good quality

This show has still not circulated, so if you have anything on audio or DVD it would be appreciated.

Will send you the full audio in good to very good quality soon

Got it! Will send a 3CD set (audience recording) with the whole full-show to someone in Belfast

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #3976 - Mar 16th, 2013 at 2:31pm
Cheers amigo!

Not that it matters to me, but in case I end up copying it, do you know if its mp3 or lossless?

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #3977 - Mar 16th, 2013 at 3:49pm
I bought it as a 3CD set, it comes from the original recording so it is a second generation 3CD set

This is a sample (MP3 @ 320 kbps) http://www.rocksoff.org/01-CD1-BruceInMexico2012.mp3

If you like it let me know and I'll send the 3CD set to you, other option is to upload it somewhere, the whole show with art is 418 MB but will be a CD-Copy (from CD to blank CD directly without any conversion to Flac or MP3)
« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2013 at 3:50pm by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland »  

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #3978 - Mar 16th, 2013 at 3:56pm
Oh, just send the discs..that'll be great! Cheers.  
« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2013 at 3:58pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #3979 - Mar 27th, 2013 at 11:26am
Bruce Springsteen’s Super-Sized Set Lists Are Testing Steven Van Zandt’s Stand In
by Nick DeRiso March 26, 2013

Mark Metcalfe, Getty Images

Perhaps they should have called this the Curve Ball tour. Tom Morello, filling in for Steven Van Zandt during the E Street Band’s ongoing concerts through Australia, says Bruce Springsteen tinkers with the setlist until the absolute last moment.

That’s made for some of the most diverse, deep cut-filled performances of Springsteen’s storied live career, as fans have thrilled to rarely heard tracks like “Be True,” “High Hopes” and “Bishop Danced,” along with new songs from the well-received 2012 effort ‘Wrecking Ball.’

But their guest guitarist certainly has had to stay on his toes.

“Every night, 90 minutes ’til soundcheck, Bruce will text me with seven or eight songs we’ve never played before,” the Rage Against the Machine guitarist tells Rolling Stone. “And then during the show, he’ll call up songs we’ve never even discussed – some I’ve never even heard!

Morello appeared on two tracks from ‘Wrecking Ball’ before taking over while Van Zandt films his television show ‘Lilyhammer.’ Morello says he started out by learning 50 Springsteen songs over three months, but even that hasn’t been enough.

Not that he’s complaining.

“It’s been great,” Morello adds. “It’s been really an honor being onstage with one of my favorite bands – one of the greatest live bands of all time. I’ve been to a lot of Bruce Springsteen shows, but I’ve never been to four consecutive ones. And every show isn’t just a different show – it’s a completely different experience.”

Van Zandt has been with the E Street Band since 1975, leaving once before between 1984-95 for a solo career. He’s set to rejoin Springsteen and Co. for the European leg of this tour, beginning on April 29 in Oslo.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/bruce-springsteen-tom-morello/

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #3980 - Mar 27th, 2013 at 2:03pm
Killer setlist in Melbourne last night.  Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?
8:01pm Melbourne = 5:01am EDT

1. Long Walk Home
2. Radio Nowhere
3. My Love Will Not Let You Down
4. BETTER DAYS
5. We Take Care Of Our Own
6. Wrecking Ball
7. Death To My Hometown
8. Out In The Street
9. Factory
10. Lost In The Flood
11. High Hopes
12. Does This Bus Stop At 82nd Street
13. Candy's Room
14. Youngstown
15. Murder Incorporated
16. Pay Me My Money Down
17. I'm Goin' Down
18. Shackled & Drawn
19. Waitin' On A Sunny Day
20. The Rising
21. The Ghost of Tom Joad
22. Badlands

23. Jungleland
24. Born To Run
25. Dancing In The Dark
26. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
27. American Land

11:04pm Melbourne

3 hours & 3 minutes

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #3981 - Mar 31st, 2013 at 1:46pm
Sounds like a very successful Aussie tour with Morello filling in ably for Steve van Zandt.

Here's the setlists from each show. Thanks to Brucebase - http://brucebase.wikispaces.com/

2013-03-14 - BRISBANE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE, BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA

Soundcheck: HIGH HOPES / JUST LIKE FIRE WOULD / NIGHT (instrumental) / WE TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN

WE TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN / JUST LIKE FIRE WOULD / WRECKING BALL / BADLANDS / DEATH TO MY HOMETOWN / HUNGRY HEART / MY CITY OF RUINS / SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT / THE E STREET SHUFFLE / JACK OF ALL TRADES / MURDER INCORPORATED / JOHNNY 99 (including Honky Tonk) / BECAUSE THE NIGHT / SHE'S THE ONE / SHACKLED AND DRAWN / WAITIN' ON A SUNNY DAY / THE WAY YOU DO THE THINGS YOU DO - 634-5789 (SOULSVILLE, U.S.A.) / THE RISING / THE GHOST OF TOM JOAD / THUNDER ROAD / WE ARE ALIVE / BORN TO RUN / GLORY DAYS / DANCING IN THE DARK / TENTH AVENUE FREEZE-OUT

Audience tape (by pttanner). The first of ten shows in Australia as Springsteen performs down under for the first time in a decade. Tonight is the first show as a full band member for Tom Morello, who is standing in for Steve Van Zandt while he is filming his successful TV show Lilyhammer. Biggest surprise of the 25-song set is "Just Like Fire Would", a 1986 hit by Brisbane band The Saints. Greatest Hits outtake "High Hopes" is soundchecked and also setlisted as an alternative to "Shackled And Drawn". Following the soundcheck Bruce is interviewed by local press. Patti Scialfa is not present.

2013-03-16 - BRISBANE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE, BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA

Soundcheck: THE RIVER / LAND OF HOPE AND DREAMS

HIGH HOPES / THE PROMISED LAND / WRECKING BALL / DEATH TO MY HOMETOWN / OUT IN THE STREET / MY CITY OF RUINS / SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT / INCIDENT ON 57TH STREET / THE RIVER / ATLANTIC CITY / OPEN ALL NIGHT / DARLINGTON COUNTY / SHACKLED AND DRAWN / WAITIN' ON A SUNNY DAY / RACING IN THE STREET / BADLANDS / THE GHOST OF TOM JOAD / LAND OF HOPE AND DREAMS / BLINDED BY THE LIGHT / BORN TO RUN / BOBBY JEAN / DANCING IN THE DARK / TENTH AVENUE FREEZE-OUT

No audio as yet. The premiere of "High Hopes" opens the second show in Brisbane. 23-song set also includes "Incident On 57th Street", "The River", "Atlantic City", "Open All Night" and the third "Blinded By The Light" of the tour. Patti Scialfa is not present; Tom Morello stands in for Steve Van Zandt.

2013-03-18 - ALLPHONES ARENA, SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA

AMERICAN LAND / PROVE IT ALL NIGHT / ADAM RAISED A CAIN / WRECKING BALL / DEATH TO MY HOMETOWN / HUNGRY HEART / MY CITY OF RUINS / SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT / HIGH HOPES / YOUNGSTOWN / CANDY'S ROOM / SHE'S THE ONE / PAY ME MY MONEY DOWN / SHACKLED AND DRAWN / WAITIN' ON A SUNNY DAY / THE RISING / THE GHOST OF TOM JOAD / BADLANDS / THUNDER ROAD / BORN TO RUN / SEVEN NIGHTS TO ROCK / DANCING IN THE DARK / TENTH AVENUE FREEZE-OUT

Audience tape (by mqwfall), missing the first song. The first of three shows in Sydney, and Bruce mixes things up a little. The 23-song set opens with "American Land", followed by "Prove It All Night" and "Adam Raised A Cain", the latter by sign request. There's another airing of "High Hopes", plus the seventh "Pay Me My Money Down" of the tour. The encores include "Seven Nights To Rock". Patti Scialfa is not present; Tom Morello stands in for Steve Van Zandt.

2013-03-20 - ALLPHONES ARENA, SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA

Soundcheck: LAST TO DIE / JUNGLELAND / DEVILS AND DUST

DEVILS & DUST / LAST TO DIE / THE TIES THAT BIND / DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN / WRECKING BALL / DEATH TO MY HOMETOWN / OUT IN THE STREET / DOES THIS BUS STOP AT 82ND STREET? / THE PROMISED LAND / COVER ME / NO SURRENDER / I'M ON FIRE / MY CITY OF RUINS / HIGH HOPES / BECAUSE THE NIGHT / OPEN ALL NIGHT / SHACKLED AND DRAWN / WAITIN' ON A SUNNY DAY / LONESOME DAY / THE GHOST OF TOM JOAD / BADLANDS / JUNGLELAND / BORN TO RUN / BOBBY JEAN / DANCING IN THE DARK / DETROIT MEDLEY / TENTH AVENUE FREEZE-OUT

No audio as yet. 27-song set opens with a solo acoustic "Devils & Dust" followed by the tour premiere of "Last To Die" on the 10 year anniversary of the start of the Iraq War. Four sign requests in the middle of the set include "Cover Me" and "I'm On Fire". "Jungleland" is the highlight of an encore set that also includes "Detroit Medley". Patti Scialfa is not present; Tom Morello stands in for Steve Van Zandt.

2013-03-22 - ALLPHONES ARENA, SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA

WE TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN / WRECKING BALL / NIGHT / DEATH TO MY HOMETOWN / HUNGRY HEART / MY CITY OF RUINS / GROWIN' UP / THE E STREET SHUFFLE / PROVE IT ALL NIGHT / TRAPPED / THE RIVER / PAY ME MY MONEY DOWN / WORKING ON THE HIGHWAY / DARLINGTON COUNTY / SHACKLED AND DRAWN / WAITIN' ON A SUNNY DAY / BACKSTREETS / THE GHOST OF TOM JOAD / BADLANDS / THUNDER ROAD / BORN IN THE U.S.A. / BORN TO RUN / DANCING IN THE DARK / TENTH AVENUE FREEZE-OUT / ROSALITA (COME OUT TONIGHT)

No audio as yet. Final night in Sydney is a 25-song set that includes "Growin' Up", "Prove It All Night" with the 1978 intro, "Trapped" and another appearance of "Pay Me My Money Down". The encores include "Born In The USA" and "Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)" to close. Patti Scialfa is not present; Tom Morello stands in for Steve Van Zandt.

2013-03-24 - ROD LAVER ARENA, MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA

OUT IN THE STREET / THE PROMISED LAND / SOMETHING IN THE NIGHT / WRECKING BALL / DEATH TO MY HOMETOWN / HUNGRY HEART / SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT / HIGH HOPES / THE RIVER / SEEDS / JOHNNY 99 / PROVE IT ALL NIGHT / PAY ME MY MONEY DOWN / DARLINGTON COUNTY / SHACKLED AND DRAWN / WAITIN' ON A SUNNY DAY / THE RISING / THE GHOST OF TOM JOAD / BADLANDS / LAND OF HOPE AND DREAMS / BORN IN THE U.S.A. / BORN TO RUN / DANCING IN THE DARK / TENTH AVENUE FREEZE-OUT

Audience tape (by ShackeySounds). First of three shows in Melbourne. For the first time in this tour "My City Of Ruins" is not played. Set opens with "Out In The Street" and also includes "Something In The Night", another "High Hopes", "Seeds" and "Pay Me My Money Down". Patti Scialfa is not present; Tom Morello stands in for Steve Van Zandt.

2013-03-26 - ROD LAVER ARENA, MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA

BADLANDS / WE TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN / CADILLAC RANCH / DOWNBOUND TRAIN / DEATH TO MY HOMETOWN / HUNGRY HEART / SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT / MY CITY OF RUINS / THE E STREET SHUFFLE / RED HEADED WOMAN / BECAUSE THE NIGHT / SHE'S THE ONE / OPEN ALL NIGHT / WORKING ON THE HIGHWAY / DARLINGTON COUNTY / SHACKLED AND DRAWN / WAITIN' ON A SUNNY DAY / THE GHOST OF TOM JOAD / THUNDER ROAD / WE ARE ALIVE / BORN TO RUN / DANCING IN THE DARK / ROSALITA (COME OUT TONIGHT) / TENTH AVENUE FREEZE-OUT

No audio as yet. Second night in Melbourne opens with "Badlands". "Cadillac Ranch" and an excellent "Downbound Train" split "We Take Care Of Our Own" and "Death To My Hometown", both played via sign request. Set also includes "Red Headed Woman" (third performance this tour, and the third sign request of the night), "Open All Night" and "Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)". "My City Of Ruins" returns after it was dropped for the first Melbourne show. Patti Scialfa is not present; Tom Morello stands in for Steve Van Zandt.

2013-03-27 - ROD LAVER ARENA, MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA

Soundcheck: ONE STEP UP / LONG WALK HOME

LONG WALK HOME / RADIO NOWHERE / MY LOVE WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN / BETTER DAYS / WE TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN / WRECKING BALL / DEATH TO MY HOMETOWN / OUT IN THE STREET / FACTORY / LOST IN THE FLOOD / HIGH HOPES / DOES THIS BUS STOP AT 82ND STREET? / CANDY'S ROOM / YOUNGSTOWN / MURDER INCORPORATED / PAY ME MY MONEY DOWN / I'M GOIN' DOWN / SHACKLED AND DRAWN / WAITIN' ON A SUNNY DAY / THE RISING / THE GHOST OF TOM JOAD / BADLANDS / JUNGLELAND / BORN TO RUN / DANCING IN THE DARK / TENTH AVENUE FREEZE-OUT / AMERICAN LAND

Audience Tape (by Brother Ruprecht). Excellent set for the final night in Melbourne with plenty of rarities. The second full-band "Long Walk Home" of the tour (third in total) opens, followed by "Radio Nowhere" and "My Love Will Not Let You Down". "Better Days" is a tour premiere, not performed with the E Street Band since May 19, 2003 in Madrid. The second tour "Factory" is played with just the accompaniment of the piano of Roy Bittan. "Lost In The Flood", "High Hopes", "Does This Bus Stop At 82nd Street?", "Candy's Room (by request) and "I'm Goin' Down" are also in the main set. The encores open with "Jungleland" and the night draws to a close with "American Land". "My City Of Ruins" drops out once again, therefore missing two of the three shows in Melbourne. Patti Scialfa is not present; Tom Morello stands in for Steve Van Zandt.

2013-03-30 - HANGING ROCK, MACEDON, AUSTRALIA

BADLANDS / PROVE IT ALL NIGHT / HIGH HOPES / WE TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN / WRECKING BALL / DEATH TO MY HOMETOWN / HUNGRY HEART / SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT / THE RIVER / TOUGHER THAN THE REST (with Jimmy Barnes) / ATLANTIC CITY / JOHNNY 99 / PAY ME MY MONEY DOWN / DARLINGTON COUNTY / SHACKLED AND DRAWN / WAITIN' ON A SUNNY DAY / THE PROMISED LAND / THE RISING / THE GHOST OF TOM JOAD / THUNDER ROAD / IF I SHOULD FALL BEHIND / BECAUSE THE NIGHT / BORN TO RUN / GLORY DAYS / DANCING IN THE DARK / TENTH AVENUE FREEZE-OUT

No audio as yet. The first of two shows in Macedon, a town located in central Victoria about 40 miles north-west of Melbourne. 26-song set opens with "Badlands" followed by "Prove It All Night". Jimmy Barnes joins Bruce for "Tougher Than The Rest", played only once this tour before tonight. Set also includes "Atlantic City" and "Because The Night" in the encore. No "My City Of Ruins" once again. Due to sketchy cellphone reception at Hanging Rock, the show could not be followed live on Twitter. Patti Scialfa is not present; Tom Morello stands in for Steve Van Zandt.

2013-03-31 - HANGING ROCK, MACEDON, AUSTRALIA

Soundcheck: THE PRICE YOU PAY / MARIA'S BED / LONESOME DAY

ADAM RAISED A CAIN / CANDY'S ROOM / SHE'S THE ONE / SOMETHING IN THE NIGHT / WE TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN / WRECKING BALL / DEATH TO MY HOMETOWN / HUNGRY HEART / SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT / THE E STREET SHUFFLE / INCIDENT ON 57TH STREET / TOUGHER THAN THE REST (with Jimmy Barnes) / BECAUSE THE NIGHT / JACKSON CAGE / OPEN ALL NIGHT / DARLINGTON COUNTY / SHACKLED AND DRAWN / WAITIN' ON A SUNNY DAY / THE PROMISED LAND / LONESOME DAY / THE RISING / THE GHOST OF TOM JOAD / BADLANDS / BORN IN THE U.S.A. / BORN TO RUN / DANCING IN THE DARK / TENTH AVENUE FREEZE-OUT / ROSALITA (COME OUT TONIGHT) / TWIST AND SHOUT

No audio as yet. The last of ten shows in Australia. The 29-song set is the longest of the leg. Show opens with a great foursome of "Adam Raised A Cain", "Candy's Room", "She's The One" and "Something In The Night". The set includes "Incident On 57th Street" for the ninth time this tour, Jimmy Barnes returning for a reprise of "Tougher Than The Rest", "Jackson Cage" by request and "Open All Night". The encores include both "Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)" and the first "Twist And Shout" of 2013. Referring to Nils and Tom Morello, Bruce finishes by saying "it is an honor to be between two of the greatest guitarists". Patti Scialfa is not present and the final show for Tom Morello as he stands in for Steve Van Zandt.

Two songs from the first night at Hanging Rock, which must be one of the most beautiful locations for any gig anywhere :

'Tougher Than The Rest' with Jimmy Barnes - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqJIXhzNvVQ&feature=share

'Ghost of Tom Joad' with the usual show-stopping performance by Morello - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOeDqnUWYMw
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2013 at 1:47pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #3982 - Jul 4th, 2013 at 2:23pm

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #3983 - Jul 4th, 2013 at 3:46pm
mojoman wrote on Jul 4th, 2013 at 2:23pm:

Can't wait to see that. Of course I'd like it better if I could see his Bruceness in person. But I'll have to live vicariously through Gazza (and Meg) as he sees his shows. Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #3984 - Jul 16th, 2013 at 5:16pm
Wow, Gazza and Meggy got one hell of a show in Limerick today.
5:29 p.m. (pre-show)

1. Does This Bus Stop On 82nd Street
2. For You
3. HEARTS OF STONE

7:31 p.m.

1. THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE
2. American Land
3. Badlands
4. Death to My Hometown
5. Hungry Heart
6. Spirit in The Night
7. AIN’T TOO PROUD TO BEG (sign request)
8. American Skin (41 Shots)
9. Promised Land
10. Wrecking Ball
11. We Take Care of Our Own
12. Jack of all Trades
13. The River

Born to Run album:

14. Thunder Road
15. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
16. Night
17. Backstreets
18. Born to Run
19. She’s the One
20. Meeting Across the River
21. Jungleland

22. Waitin’ On A Sunny Day
23. The Rising
24. Land of Hope and Dreams
25. My Hometown

26. Born in the USA
27. Glory Days
28. Bobby Jean
29. Drive All Night
30. Dancing in the Dark
31. Shout

10:50 p.m.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #3985 - Jul 17th, 2013 at 9:22am
32. This little light of mine.

He played it again at the end.

Amazing show. I clocked it at 3 and a half hours plus the pre show. We were six rows from the front.

One of the best four or five gigs I've ever been to. Delighted for Meg that after coming all that way she got a truly exceptional show

... ... ...
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #3986 - Jul 21st, 2013 at 12:14am
Talk about an unholy trinity. Wow, did Gazza and Meg catch three incredible Bruce shows. Combined with the announcement that the tour will end at Rock in Rio. Which likely means that their will no more US shows this year. I really hate you guys..................No,not really. Just envious and in the end happy that big fans like you caught some really good shows. Gazza,are you done, or are you going to Cardiff? Judging by recent setlists. It sure seems like he's setting up to do a full River album show.
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2013 at 12:18am by sweetcharmedlife »  

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #3987 - Jul 21st, 2013 at 7:06am
Nice amazing set lists, and Spirit in the Night -  the guitarist has one hell of a job playing songs he never heard of! How can he do it?

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #3988 - Jul 21st, 2013 at 10:29am
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Jul 21st, 2013 at 12:14am:
Talk about an unholy trinity. Wow, did Gazza and Meg catch three incredible Bruce shows. Combined with the announcement that the tour will end at Rock in Rio. Which likely means that their will no more US shows this year. I really hate you guys..................No,not really. Just envious and in the end happy that big fans like you caught some really good shows. Gazza,are you done, or are you going to Cardiff? Judging by recent setlists. It sure seems like he's setting up to do a full River album show.

I'm not going to Cardiff or the tour finale in Kilkenny next weekend (the first Springsteen Irish shows I've ever missed) but I WILL be at the indoor show in Leeds on Wednesday. Staying at jostorm's house and she'll be at the gig with me.

Just an incredible week. Maybe the best series of shows I've been to by anyone. We got in the pit at all three shows, he did pre shows at all three (he had only done four pre shows this year up until this week), each main show clocked in at between 3 and 3 and a half hours and I think we heard about 70 DIFFERENT songs over the three gigs, including quite a few I've never seen him play before (and I've seen quite a lot!). To get that variety had it been three shows in the same city would have been amazing - to get it at 3 shows 300 miles apart is something just beyond extraordinary.

Here's what they played at each show, with extra notes from brucebase.org :

2013-07-16 - THOMOND PARK, LIMERICK, IRELAND

Pre-show (3 songs) (solo acoustic): DOES THIS BUS STOP AT 82ND STREET? / FOR YOU (piano) / HEARTS OF STONE

Main show (32 songs - approx 210 mins) - THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE / AMERICAN LAND / BADLANDS / DEATH TO MY HOMETOWN / HUNGRY HEART / SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT / AIN'T TOO PROUD TO BEG (request) / AMERICAN SKIN (41 SHOTS) (request) / THE PROMISED LAND / WRECKING BALL / WE TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN / JACK OF ALL TRADES / THE RIVER / THUNDER ROAD / TENTH AVENUE FREEZE-OUT / NIGHT / BACKSTREETS / BORN TO RUN / SHE'S THE ONE / MEETING ACROSS THE RIVER / JUNGLELAND / WAITIN' ON A SUNNY DAY / THE RISING / LAND OF HOPE AND DREAMS / MY HOMETOWN / BORN IN THE USA / GLORY DAYS / BOBBY JEAN / DRIVE ALL NIGHT (presumably a request as he said he was playing it as 'I have a promise to keep') / DANCING IN THE DARK / SHOUT / THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE

Show includes a full performance of the Born to Run album. "This Little Light of Mine" opens and closes the show, in its first performance since the last show of the Seeger Sessions tour in Belfast on November 21, 2006. This is the first time a show has opened and closed with the same song since May 27, 2000. "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" is another tour premiere, played by sign request - the first E Street Band performance of the song since October 1975. A surprise "Drive All Night" turns up late in the encores. The pre-set includes the first-ever performance of "Hearts of Stone" at a Springsteen show; Bruce's only other time singing it was at guest appearance with Southside Johnny on November 26, 1988 in San Francisco.

Here's 'My Hometown' -

..and when in Ireland, its rude to refuse when a local gives you a beer....

2013-07-18 - PAIRC UI CHAOIMH, CORK, IRELAND

Pre-show (3 songs) (solo acoustic): I'LL WORK FOR YOUR LOVE / GIRLS IN THEIR SUMMER CLOTHES / REAL WORLD (piano)

Main show (30 songs - approx 190 minutes) THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE / MY LOVE WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN / OUT IN THE STREET / SHERRY DARLING (request) / WILD THING (request) / FRANKIE (request) / ADAM RAISED A CAIN / DEATH TO MY HOMETOWN / WE TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN / SEEDS / WRECKING BALL / JACK OF ALL TRADES / THE PRICE YOU PAY (request) / PROVE IT ALL NIGHT ('78) / DARLINGTON COUNTY / PAY ME MY MONEY DOWN / SHACKLED AND DRAWN / WAITIN' ON A SUNNY DAY / THE RISING / BADLANDS / LAND OF HOPE AND DREAMS / REAL WORLD / BORN IN THE U.S.A. / BORN TO RUN / SEVEN NIGHTS TO ROCK / DANCING IN THE DARK / TENTH AVENUE FREEZE-OUT / SHOUT / THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE / THUNDER ROAD

Bruce's second Irish show features a set full of rarities, including only the third performance of "The Price You Pay" since 1981. "Real World" is brought out for the first time since the Devils and Dust tour and is played twice, both solo piano: first in the pre-set and then again during the main show, opening the encore. A third tour premiere, "Wild Thing," is played by sign request. "Frankie" is played for the sixth time on the tour. "Prove It All Night" includes the "'78 Intro." As in Limerick, Bruce plays "This Little Light of Mine" twice, although tonight he adds a solo-acoustic "Thunder Road" afterwards to close the show.

Simon shot this really nice footage of 'Wild Thing'. Completely unrehearsed, to the point where it sounds like "Louie Louie"!

'The Price You Pay' - This is when I almost had an unforeseen bowel movement. Any Springsteen diehard knows how rare a treat this one is. Bruce played it as a request for a guy called Derek who had organised the pit queue for this show and who he had noticed had been carrying a sign around for this song for about 30 shows.

2013-07-20 - KING'S HALL, BELFAST, NORTHERN IRELAND

Pre-show (5 songs) (solo acoustic): SURPRISE, SURPRISE / MARIA'S BED / GROWIN' UP / IN DREAMS / THIS HARD LAND

Main show (30 songs - approx 180 mins) THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE / THE TIES THAT BIND / JACKSON CAGE / SHE'S THE ONE / REASON TO BELIEVE (request) / JOHNNY 99 (request) / ATLANTIC CITY (request) / NEBRASKA (request) / PROVE IT ALL NIGHT  ('78) (request) / WE TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN / WRECKING BALL / DEATH TO MY HOMETOWN / THE RIVER / FADE AWAY (request) / OPEN ALL NIGHT / CADILLAC RANCH / DARLINGTON COUNTY / BOBBY JEAN / SHACKLED AND DRAWN / WAITIN' ON A SUNNY DAY / THE RISING / BADLANDS / ROCKY GROUND (dedicated to Belfast) / BORN IN THE U.S.A. / BORN TO RUN / DANCING IN THE DARK / TENTH AVENUE FREEZE-OUT / SHOUT / THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE / THUNDER ROAD

Springsteen makes his second appearance at Belfast's King's Hall complex, this time outdoors. He greets the early birds with an short acoustic set for the third night in succession. The mini-set includes "Maria's Bed" (not played since the Seeger Sessions Tour) and a partial rendition of Roy Orbison's "In Dreams" in response to a sign for "California Blue". The show is once again bookended by "This Little Light Of Mine", and features five songs from Nebraska, including the tour premiere of "Nebraska", which was last played at a full-band show on August 21, 1985 at Giants Stadium. "Fade Away" also appears for the first time this tour, performed with the band for only the third time since 1981. The encores close with the solo acoustic "Thunder Road". Set also includes the 700th live performance of "Born In The USA".

Simon's footage of 'Nebraska' -

Some footage of 'Fade Away'

I filmed a song from each of the Limerick and Cork pre-shows (Hearts of Stone and Girls in their summer clothes respectively) as well as the complete Belfast pre-show. They're half decent, but nothing special...I havent put them on you tube but have uploaded them on facebook with a couple of hundred photos from the three shows.

To sum up, the three shows were each special in their own way. Limerick was maybe the pick of the bunch as a gig - Meg reckoned it was the best gig shes ever seen and its certainly in my top 3 or 4 Bruce shows. Cork maybe edged the others in terms of setlist and Belfast meant the most on an emotional level as  it's really something extra special for any of us to get a show from their favourite performers in their hometown.

Was great to see Meg again after so long. She had met some of my mad friends before anyway, but to say she had no problem blending in would be an understatement.
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2013 at 10:51am by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

moy
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Mars
Reply #3989 - Jul 21st, 2013 at 1:53pm

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #3990 - Jul 23rd, 2013 at 5:25pm
Cardiff tonight (23rd July)

Show Start: 19:46

01. This Little Light Of Mine
02. Long Walk Home
03. Adam Raised A Cain
04. Prove It All Night
05. TV MOVIE (Sign Request) WORLD PREMIERE
06. Cynthia (Sign Request)
07. Roulette
08. Death to My Hometown
09. We Take Care of Our Own
10. Wrecking Ball
11. Spirit in the Night
12. Hungry Heart
13. My City Of Ruins
14. We've Gotta Get Out of This Place (The Animals cover) (with Eric Burdon)
15. Boom Boom
16. Cadillac Ranch
17. Summertime Blues
18. You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)
19. Pay Me My Money Down
20. Shackled and Drawn
21. Waitin' on a Sunny Day
22. The Rising
23. Badlands

24. Tougher Than The Rest
25. Born to Run
26. Ramrod
27. I'm a Rocker
28. Dancing in the Dark
29. 10th Avenue Freeze-Out
30. Shout
31. This Little Light Of Mine (reprise)

32. Janey Don't You Lose Heart (solo acoustic)
33. Thunder Road (solo acoustic)

Show End: 23:16

Duration of show: 3:30

... ... ...
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #3991 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 10:56am
Yet another amazing setlist. I really think you're going to get a full River album show tonight..................Get your Leeds lungs out Gazza! Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #3992 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 5:37pm
Leeds
Start time 7:57 pm

Set List
1. Roulette
2. My Love Will Not Let You Down
3. No Surrender
4. Something in the Night
5. Forty One Shots
6. Promised Land
7. Hungry Heart
8. LOCAL HERO – request
9. GOTTA GET THAT FEELING (sign request)
10. BAD MOON RISING (sign request)
11. Thundercrack (sign request)
12. Wrecking Ball
13. Death to My Hometown
14. This Depression
15. Because the Night
16. Darlington County
17. Shackled and Drawn
18. Waitin’ on a Sunny Day B)
19. The Rising
20. Land of Hope and Dreams

21. SECRET GARDEN
22. Atlantic City
23. Badlands
24. Born to Run
25. Dancing in the Dark
27. Shout
28. If I Should Fall Behind (solo acoustic)
29. Thunder Road (solo acoustic)

End Time 11:02 p.m.
Maybe just a notch below Cardiff and the three Irish shows already done. But still not a bad way for the G man to finish his run of shows.

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #3993 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 5:50pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Jul 24th, 2013 at 5:37pm:
Leeds
Start time 7:57 pm

Set List
1. Roulette
2. My Love Will Not Let You Down
3. No Surrender
4. Something in the Night
5. Forty One Shots
6. Promised Land
7. Hungry Heart
8. LOCAL HERO – request
9. GOTTA GET THAT FEELING (sign request)
10. BAD MOON RISING (sign request)
11. Thundercrack (sign request)
12. Wrecking Ball
13. Death to My Hometown
14. This Depression
15. Because the Night
16. Darlington County
17. Shackled and Drawn
18. Waitin’ on a Sunny Day B)
19. The Rising
20. Land of Hope and Dreams

21. SECRET GARDEN
22. Atlantic City
23. Badlands
24. Born to Run
25. Dancing in the Dark
27. Shout
28. If I Should Fall Behind (solo acoustic)
29. Thunder Road (solo acoustic)

End Time 11:02 p.m.
Maybe just a notch below Cardiff and the three Irish shows already done. But still not a bad way for the G man to finish his run of shows.

Don't let him fool you.  If he can come up with a ticket, he will be at one of the Kilkenny Shows.   He has no will power...

I would have loved to hear "Secret Garden",  but I am happy enough with the three shows I saw.  Limerick- I would rate probably the best show I've ever seen.  The only ones that come even close to these 3 shows are the two Boston shows I saw with Nelly.  How this almost 64 year old man can keep raising the bar is jaw dropping!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #3994 - Jul 25th, 2013 at 6:15pm
Had an offer of a ride to Kilkenny and back the same night on Sunday for the tour closer, but (like I did with the 2nd Stones show earlier this month) I've managed to convince myself that I've done well enough this summer - so the tour is over for me.

Leeds was a great way to go out. About ten songs that he didnt play at the three Irish shows last week, and about half a dozen or more songs that, despite being my 37th show, I've never seen him play before.

I think this is his greatest tour since the River tour in 1980-81 (which in my book is maybe the greatest tour by anyone). In many ways, considering his age, how the band has had to be reinvented slightly post-Clarence and the sheer variety of the setlists, it may go down as his greatest achievement ever. Back then - when he was half the age heis now - he was playing similar length shows but with an interval. Now he's playing 3 and a half hours or so without a break. Its a cliche, but you really do forget that this man is two months short of his 64th birthday.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Teiz
Rocks Off Regular

Almere, Amsterdams ugly twin
Reply #3995 - Jan 11th, 2014 at 4:43pm
So...any thoughts on High Hopes? Picked up the record today. Didn't notice it was The Big Man's birthday until Gazza told me on FB.

I'm quite happy with the stuff I've been hearing (though I only listened to it twice and I need to get to know an album). Not so sure about The Ghost Of Tom Joad with heavy guitars though. IMO the Original was spot on and was in touch with Steinbeck's masterpiece. But maybe it's just something that needs getting used to.

BTW I got a limited edition with Born In The USA performed live in London. Should be fun.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #3996 - Jan 12th, 2014 at 10:16am
I haven't bought it yet.But it was streaming on CBS.Com last week and I gave it a listen then and intend to pick it up when it comes out in the U.S. I liked it for the most part. I give it 3.5 out of 5 stars. Just Like Fire Would being my favorite song so far. Bruce will be on the Jimmy Fallon show this Tuesday Jan.14.

IP Logged

Teiz
Rocks Off Regular

Almere, Amsterdams ugly twin
Reply #3997 - Jan 13th, 2014 at 3:40am
I'm very happy with High Hopes. After giving it several spins, I'd say 4 out of 5 stars. There's a pleasant warmth glowing off this one. I understand it's composed from a bunch of leftovers, but it doesn't sound like a bunch of loose songs and is larger than the sum of it's parts.

Now I'm curious if he attaches another US/European tour with this. I really like to hear these songs live.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #3998 - Jan 13th, 2014 at 12:37pm
Teiz wrote on Jan 13th, 2014 at 3:40am:
I'm very happy with High Hopes. After giving it several spins, I'd say 4 out of 5 stars. There's a pleasant warmth glowing off this one. I understand it's composed from a bunch of leftovers, but it doesn't sound like a bunch of loose songs and is larger than the sum of it's parts.

Now I'm curious if he attaches another US/European tour with this. I really like to hear these songs live.

So far just Australia and a show in South Africa. In an interview he said he's considering some U.S. dates.

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #3999 - Jan 13th, 2014 at 3:56pm
Anyone know if the special edition BITUSA dvd pack is only offered via Amazon?

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 ... 167
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)