Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Tour of the Americas, 1975 © Christopher Simon Sykes with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
Prudential Ctr, Newark, NJ, 12-15-12 setlist, pics (Read 31,365 times)
ijwthstd
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: Prudential Ctr, Newark, NJ, 12-15-12 setlist,
Reply #175 - Dec 16th, 2012 at 4:38pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
I've heard more of Darryl in the first 18 minutes of this show than in the last 18 years,

"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest.&&&&http://www.soundcloud.com/thesameoldsauce
TotallyRandomDan  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #176 - Dec 16th, 2012 at 4:52pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Dec 16th, 2012 at 10:21am:
Some Guy wrote on Dec 16th, 2012 at 8:36am:
Mr. Yeats wrote on Dec 16th, 2012 at 8:34am:
Some Guy wrote on Dec 16th, 2012 at 8:33am:
Mr. Yeats wrote on Dec 16th, 2012 at 8:31am:
Some Guy wrote on Dec 16th, 2012 at 8:25am:
worst guests ever.

Bruce Springsteen was one of the worst guests the Stones have ever had?

imho.

It's humble indeed.

If he's the Boss, I quit!

Don't let the door hit you in the ass.........

When they played Tumbling Dice and your boy started his stuff, I turned and watched a little of how I Met Your Mother. That show makes me laugh.

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/thid=H.4621308345451490&pid=1.9
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2012 at 5:00pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

ijwthstd
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #177 - Dec 16th, 2012 at 4:54pm
Some Guy wrote on Dec 16th, 2012 at 4:52pm:
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Dec 16th, 2012 at 10:21am:
Some Guy wrote on Dec 16th, 2012 at 8:36am:
Mr. Yeats wrote on Dec 16th, 2012 at 8:34am:
Some Guy wrote on Dec 16th, 2012 at 8:33am:
Mr. Yeats wrote on Dec 16th, 2012 at 8:31am:
Some Guy wrote on Dec 16th, 2012 at 8:25am:
worst guests ever.

Bruce Springsteen was one of the worst guests the Stones have ever had?

imho.

It's humble indeed.

If he's the Boss, I quit!

Don't let the door hit you in the ass.........

When they played Tumbling Dice and your boy started his stuff, I turned and watched a little of how I Met Your Mother. That show makes me laugh

I don't think I am going to make it that far.

"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest.&&&&http://www.soundcloud.com/thesameoldsauce
TotallyRandomDan  
IP Logged

lavendar
Rocks Off Regular

Buffalo,NY
Reply #178 - Dec 16th, 2012 at 6:57pm
ON FIRE!!!!

Sextillion........

Mick Needs an AWARD - F-Un-Believable

Loved gaga and that Velour Outfit!   Shocked

Black Keys- Going Down OOPS "WHO DO YOU LOVE"

and and and and....... BRUCE

Sorry they weren't There for the final bow  Shocked

« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2012 at 7:01pm by lavendar »  

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #179 - Dec 16th, 2012 at 8:02pm
I think that maybe Gaga was trying to channel Brian, with the pinstriped body suit that looks like a suit Brian used to wear.....LOL. Wink

SV, those are FABULOUS pix!! You got some awesome ones of Mick...Smiley Thank you for "taking us there" with your camera lens.... Grin Cool

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #180 - Dec 16th, 2012 at 8:10pm
Sioux wrote on Dec 16th, 2012 at 8:02pm:
I think that maybe Gaga was trying to channel Brian, with the pinstriped body suit that looks like a suit Brian used to wear.....LOL. Wink

SV, those are FABULOUS pix!! You got some awesome ones of Mick...Smiley Thank you for "taking us there" with your camera lens.... Grin Cool

like this one.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #181 - Dec 16th, 2012 at 9:31pm

"I think that maybe Gaga was trying to channel Brian, with the pinstriped body suit that looks like a suit Brian used to wear.....LOL."

Looks like she was aiming for the Jumpsuit era!
From Lady Gaga's Facebook:
"I had a life dream to be transported in a time machine to 1973 NJ, beer + badboys. Someone heal me it happened + then I sang with the Stones. I'll post our performance of "Gimme Shelter," PAY PER VIEW did a stellar job with the SOUND, the mix was insane on TV they sounded immortal!

Thanks for my beautiful suit Ray Brown Fashion the stretch velvet combinations summoned the glam gods I felt like a star"

IP Logged

Child of the Moon
Rocks Off Regular

Plug in, flush out, and
fire the fuckin' feed...

In the timbers of Fennario
Reply #182 - Dec 16th, 2012 at 11:10pm
LadyJane wrote on Dec 16th, 2012 at 9:31pm:
Looks like she was aiming for the Jumpsuit era!
From Lady Gaga's Facebook:
"I had a life dream to be transported in a time machine to 1973 NJ, beer + badboys. Someone heal me it happened + then I sang with the Stones. I'll post our performance of "Gimme Shelter," PAY PER VIEW did a stellar job with the SOUND, the mix was insane on TV they sounded immortal!

Thanks for my beautiful suit Ray Brown Fashion the stretch velvet combinations summoned the glam gods I felt like a star"

Good on the girl!

"[What does God look like?] Probably a very insignificant little creature. Probably invisible. I don't think he needs a look. And I tell you , if he has one, he'd probably look like me."&&&&"[What fantasy do I still have to fulfill?] Fucking God! Ha, ha!"&&&&-Keith Richards&&&&...

IP Logged

lavendar
Rocks Off Regular

Buffalo,NY
Reply #183 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 5:13am
What a NIGHT !!!!

Pfuuuuuuuuuuuu

IP Logged

corgi37
Rocks Off Regular

Aussie land
Reply #184 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 5:45am
iwatched it again when it was replayed last night.

Guitars were way down the 1st couple of songs. Darryl's bass way out in front. The dude can play!
Guests were ok, but seemed to stop the flow of the show.
i lost count how many times Jagger said "are you feeling good?" He mentioned about being Letterman with so many guests, but geez, i have never heard him talk so much. it was like a commentary track!! he was in unreal form. Fucking supernatural!
I briefly watched it in 3d, and it was great. But my glasses needed charging. Its on in Oz again xmas day, so i'll watch it in 3d to piss my dad off and make him go home so i can drink more beer.
Some dude was right next to the rear left channel. I could clearly hear him sing out of tune/time & then say "Where the hell did he go?" PRobably just some monkey in the tongue pit waiting for his pal to bring him a beer.
So many highlights. Monkey drummers - They should have done Monkey Man & had all the masked people onstage. Er, mayber not! lol
Taylor was brilliant. Though the part they trimmed from Rambler is my fave part! Never mind. His feet actually left the ground!!!!!!!!
Apart from Mick & Keith doing that annoying knuckle punch during intros, Jagger went no where near Keith all night. I was hoping during Dead Flowers they would share a mic. But not even a glance all night.
I loved seeing camera men & backstage people on the stage. Had a nostalgic quality to it.
Ronnie going up to remind Mick to say something and Mick's school teacher mode took over and shued him away.
No wang dang Watts! No Wembley whammer. Just "come down the front & look at the girls".
I swear i saw a Collingwood footy jumper in the pit. I 100% saw a Brazillian the real football jumper. If so, Mobbsy would be pleased.
Over zealous mixing of sympathy every time the guitars came in, but Geebuz, it sounded mean!!
This band just might have a future.

Bloody Collingwood!

I aint no peace freak

IP Logged

lavendar
Rocks Off Regular

Buffalo,NY
Reply #185 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 6:19am
" Monkey drummers - They should have done Monkey Man & had all the masked people onstage. Er, maybe not! lol " CORGI

THIS WOULD HAVE SENT EVERYONE TRIPIN lol

IP Logged

MRD8
Rocks Off Regular

Melbourne, Florida
Reply #186 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 6:41am
LadyJane wrote on Dec 16th, 2012 at 2:56pm:
nankerphelge wrote on Dec 16th, 2012 at 10:45am:
I agree with Child of the Moon -- if I had any talent whatsoever to ever appear on a stage with the Stones, I'm sure I'd giggle like an idiot and piss myself.

You giggled like an idiot watching the PPV!!!!! You'd faint onstage.  Ouch!

I agree with COM too.
I loved all the guests.
They accepted the invitation and gave it their best.
You could read it on their faces; they were thrilled and honored to be onstage with The Rolling Stones.
I loved seeing Gaga rock out in the Pit after her performance.

What a glorious night.

As I posted on Facebook, last night I got to see my Band again and although I wasn't in the arena, I was fortunate to watch them on a 72" HD TV (better than standing in the Pit imho) in a room lit only with candles and Christmas lights; surrounded by special friends. Mick Jagger IS the 8th wonder of the world and it was great to watch the faces of those who hadn't seen them "live" before.

The Stones delivered and made me so proud. If I never get the chance to see them perform live again, I will be okay. Because you can't always get what you want, but if you try, sometimes, you get what you need. I'm home now but I feel like I'm still in a dream. A very good dream.

Thanks for the hospitality Nanky. Gold rings on you!!  Let's go get drunk  Better seen on weed!  You rock!

Too bad they didn't play Lady Jane!Smiley

IP Logged

Martha
Rocks Off Regular

The Blues
Reply #187 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 8:09am
I have been REBORN!  Better than EVER. Period.  They are more tour ready than ever.....the stage is super cool, I love the way the entire show went.  I am watching for a 5th time....and can see Mick Taylor having a 3 song guest spot every show.....wouldn't that be cool?!?!  They did a 5 show test market and had SUCCESS.  It's ON for 2013.  Oh, yeah the mix for the ppv needs FIXED! lol  Hail Hail to the Rolling Stones!!!!  I am stoned forever more. Smiley

IP Logged

chevysales
Rocks Off Regular

new forum left old forum
info behind? a newbie?

East Coast
Reply #188 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 10:27am
Loved the show..was in section 16 row 13 which is on the rail rite behind lisa and bernard who showed us some love as we screamed for them all night. could watch john mayer and lady gaga go back and forth from pit to backstage along with robert  deniro and others. was by box office before show and no tix for sale as i knew section 16 had afew seats to rite of me that had like 3 rows with 3 seats each in them and they were up for sale day before...was going to upgrade if no one took them but they filled at showtime.

any how first time side stage and made sure to wear bright orange shirt with 50th stones shirt under for the cameras and low and behold during gimme shelter mick comes over and they are like 6 frames where it shows me behind him going into pocket for iphone to snap a shot/video. 1 thing i hate about PPV is that they need house lights most of the time depending on shot they are trying for which screws up picture taking. originally was going to record it as have 64 gbs on iPhone 5 and pretty much cleared it out for show...then i realized they will sell a dvd or i can download as already saw it's up at pirates bay.

saw many old friends scattered through crown and was next to a few shidoob's in my row. side stage always looked like fun as i always went out and paid for up front thought i woulld try something different and glad i was. having seen much of what goues on on stage inbetween songs over the years tonight mick seemed to be going for tissues before and after each song along with spitting so must assume fighting a cold... following L'wren on instagram has been fun as her behind the scene pics are very telling...mick loves altoids and mentos Smiley she is a good follow if anyone isn't and is interested in her pictures as she hash tags a lot and seems to be the digital girl on this go round.

won't even bother saying much about songs as i loved all off then even the few that clearly started or ended as train wreck.... and charlie's drums were louder then i ever heard sitting where we were. I have never been on ronnies side so that too was a new experience. very strange to see keith as i felt he was putting more in to his playing then ever before as opposed to hamming it up on stage. great he got the welcome he did for his set.... paying homage to him as out of all the band he is showing all the years more than the others which isn't a bad thing its a normal progression of life.

Did see mr lawyer and son who has grown since last i saw them both in boston years back.... they were going in VIP entrance. didn't go to pre parties as i spent my time soaking it all in and recording just in case it is "THE LAST TIME" which i seriously doubt. but don't see them touring may be few night stops in the big cities but doubt a large scale tour.... love the stripped down stage look very No Security like which is a great thing they don't need any props at this point just the video screen.

Bernard came out before show to take pics by box office with a bunch of guys from Brazil he was nice taking about 10 pics with the group but said no as he walkied away to few other fans that after the 10 minutes went by realized who he was.  it was very nice of him to take care of the original bunch as it was clearly setup.

lastly the prices of merch is insane at shows!!!! my kids got me official merch at kohls back in November for my birthday for under $20 a tshirts and same ones were $45 at stands.... oh and shidoob to my left why bother going to a concert if you get so drunk you go to get beer or bathroom every 10 minutes you make your row mates pissed off!

chevysales (one happy fan this monday morning working on my pictures with snapseed cleaning some up before posting and editing some video adding stones music with iMovie)
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2012 at 10:31am by chevysales »  

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #189 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 10:53am
if you took taylor and daryl and put them on one side of a see saw with mick, ronnie, charlie and keith on the other, which end would be up in the air?

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #190 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 11:02am
Pdog wrote on Dec 17th, 2012 at 10:53am:
if you took taylor and daryl and put them on one side of a see saw with mick, ronnie, charlie and keith on the other, which end would be up in the air?

mick, ronnie, charlie and keith

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #191 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 11:04am
i'm still hungover..........

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #192 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 11:12am
LOL me too, one of the reasons of the lack of images, later some more, in the meantime this one LOL

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #193 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 11:16am
LOL local news talking about Gaga and more Gaga

More pix http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/espectaculos/119588.html

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #194 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 11:16am

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #195 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 11:17am

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #196 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 11:19am

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #197 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 11:20am

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #198 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 11:23am

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #199 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 11:23am

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)