Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 276
Send Topic Print
The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside (Read 897,016 times)
leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: Politics thread (ssc!!)
Reply #1650 - Jul 1st, 2017 at 11:27pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

LOL

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #1651 - Jul 2nd, 2017 at 8:12am
sirmoonie wrote on Jul 1st, 2017 at 10:11am:
Some Guy wrote on Jun 30th, 2017 at 3:11pm:
We maintain our prediction that Trump is fucking up.

Why do you hate America?

We don't..just Comrade Trump the buffoon.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1652 - Jul 2nd, 2017 at 10:34am

<  ----------- Some Guy   ..... ?!   .... !!!!   :

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/why-do-they-even-play-the-game/2017/06/2...

" Why do they even play the game?  "

By Charles Krauthammer

" In mathematics, when you’re convinced of some eternal truth but can’t quite prove it, you offer it as a hypothesis (with a portentous capital H) and invite the world, future generations if need be, to prove you right or wrong. Often, a cash prize is attached.

In that spirit, but without the cash, I offer the Krauthammer Conjecture: In sports, the pleasure of winning is less than the pain of losing. By any Benthamite pleasure/pain calculation, the sum is less than zero. A net negative of suffering. Which makes you wonder why anybody plays at all.

Winning is great. You get to hoot and holler, hoist the trophy, shower in champagne, ride the open parade car and boycott the White House victory ceremony (choose your cause).

But, as most who have engaged in competitive sports know, there’s nothing to match the amplitude of emotion brought by losing. When the Cleveland Cavaliers lost the 2015 NBA Finals to Golden State, LeBron James sat motionless in the locker room, staring straight ahead, still wearing his game jersey, for 45 minutes after the final buzzer.

Here was a guy immensely wealthy, widely admired, at the peak of his powers — yet stricken, inconsolable. So it was for Ralph Branca, who gave up Bobby Thomson’s shot heard ’round the world in 1951. So too for Royals shortstop Freddie Patek, a (literal) picture of dejection sitting alone in the dugout with his head down after his team lost the 1977 pennant to the New York Yankees.

In 1986, the “Today Show” commemorated the 30th anniversary of Don Larsen pitching the only perfect game in World Series history. They invited Larsen and his battery mate, Yogi Berra. And Dale Mitchell, the man who made the last out. Mitchell was not amused. “I ain’t flying 2,000 miles to talk about striking out,” he fumed. And anyway, the called third strike was high and outside. It had been 30 years and Mitchell was still mad. (Justly so. Even the Yankee fielders acknowledged that the final pitch was outside the strike zone.)

For every moment of triumph, there is an unequal and opposite feeling of despair. Take that iconic photograph of Muhammad Ali standing triumphantly over the prostrate, semiconscious wreckage of Sonny Liston. Great photo. Now think of Liston. Do the pleasure/pain calculus.

And we are talking here about professional athletes — not even the legions of Little Leaguers, freshly eliminated from the playoffs, sobbing and sniffling their way home, assuaged only by gallons of Baskin-Robbins.

Any parent can attest to the Krauthammer Conjecture. What surprises is how often it applies to battle-hardened professionals making millions.

I don’t feel sorry for them. They can drown their sorrows in the Olympic-sized infinity pool that graces their Florida estate. (No state income tax.) I am merely fascinated that, despite their other substantial compensations, some of them really do care. Most interestingly, often the very best.

Max Scherzer, ace pitcher for the Washington Nationals, makes $30 million a year. On the mound, forget the money. His will to win is scary. Every time he registers a strikeout, he stalks off the mound, circling, head down, as if he’s just brought down a mastodon.

On June 6, tiring as he approached victory, he began growling — yes, like a hungry tiger — at Chase Utley as he came to the plate. “It was beautiful,” was the headline of the blog entry by The Post’s Scott Allen. Nats broadcaster and former ballplayer F.P. Santangelo was so thrilled by the sheer madness of it that he said “I want to run down there and put a uni on . . . I mean, I’ve got goose bumps right now.”

When Scherzer gets like that, managers are actually afraid to go out and tell him he’s done. He goes Mad Max. In one such instance last year, as Scherzer labored, manager Dusty Baker came out to the mound. Scherzer glared.

“He asked me how I was feeling,” Scherzer recounted, “and I said I still feel strong . . . I still got one more hitter in me.”

Asked Baker, demanding visual confirmation: “Which eye should I look at?”

Scherzer, who famously has one blue and one brown eye, shot back: “Look in the [expletive] brown eye!”

“That’s the pitching one,” he jokingly told reporters after the game.

Baker left him in.

After losing her first ever UFC match, mixed martial artist Ronda Rousey confessed that she was in the corner of the medical room, “literally sitting there thinking about killing myself. In that exact second, I’m like, ‘I’m nothing.’ ” It doesn’t get lower than that.

Said Vince Lombardi, “Winning isn’t everything. It’s the only thing.” To which I add — conjecture — yes, but losing is worse. "
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2017 at 7:32am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #1653 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 10:43am
Two teams who were not supposed to win it all:

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #1654 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 10:53am
I miss him   ...

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #1655 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 10:55am
Edith Grove wrote on Jul 3rd, 2017 at 10:43am:
Two teams who were not supposed to win it all:

Assholes.

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #1656 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 5:31pm
LOL dressing code for the Cubs was missunderstood haha is that "Biz Casual" or what?

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #1657 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 8:00pm
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Jul 3rd, 2017 at 5:31pm:
LOL dressing code for the Cubs was missunderstood haha is that "Biz Casual" or what?

the cubbies wont be making that trip next year

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1658 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 9:13pm

<   -----------   "      I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!!    "     :

« Last Edit: Jul 4th, 2017 at 8:55am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1659 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 9:23pm
gimmekeef wrote on Jun 28th, 2017 at 7:13am:
Can we stop using this "fake news" crap every time we don't agree with someone's point of view? gets really old....

« Last Edit: Jul 4th, 2017 at 8:52am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1660 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 9:37pm

<   ------   Thanks Edith . The Ricketts family [ Omaha , NE ] owns the Cubs  . Big supporters of President Donald J. Trump  (  ' Dear Leader !  '  )   :

« Last Edit: Jul 4th, 2017 at 8:56am by Joey »  

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #1661 - Jul 4th, 2017 at 10:05am
mojoman wrote on Jul 3rd, 2017 at 8:00pm:
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Jul 3rd, 2017 at 5:31pm:

the cubbies wont be making that trip next year

The Warriors have the  right idea. Just don't fucking go. Fuck Trump! Puke all over me (wait that is BLEED) Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #1662 - Jul 6th, 2017 at 3:20pm
Trump in Poland says..."nobody really knows who interfered with the election?"....REALLY..after he lambastes Obama for doing nothing to Russia about it. I'm sorry but I respect your desire for a more conservative agenda but this guy is a stark raving lunatic.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #1663 - Jul 6th, 2017 at 3:49pm
gimmekeef wrote on Jul 6th, 2017 at 3:20pm:
I'm sorry but I respect your desire for a more conservative agenda but this guy is a stark raving lunatic.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #1664 - Jul 6th, 2017 at 3:56pm
Edith Grove wrote on Jul 6th, 2017 at 3:49pm:
gimmekeef wrote on Jul 6th, 2017 at 3:20pm:
I'm sorry but I respect your desire for a more conservative agenda but this guy is a stark raving lunatic.

Hitler salute now?......Would love to watch Putin toy with this clown..if it wasn't so important to the nation.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #1665 - Jul 6th, 2017 at 4:00pm
gimmekeef wrote on Jul 6th, 2017 at 3:56pm:
Hitler salute now?......Would love to watch Putin toy with this clown..if it wasn't so important to the nation.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #1666 - Jul 6th, 2017 at 4:17pm
« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2017 at 7:58pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1667 - Jul 6th, 2017 at 8:58pm

<   ----------- Some Guy   .... ?!  ... !!!!!!  :

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-gops-fatal-infatuation-1499297410

" The GOP’s Fatal Infatuation '

" Once the governors took expanded Medicaid payments, they were hooked. "

By Daniel Henninger

" Watching the Republican party self-immolate over the ObamaCare law, I’d like to shake the hand of whoever had the idea to plant the expansion of federal Medicaid payments inside ObamaCare.

Before this, Washington on average has been paying about 57% of Medicaid’s costs. ObamaCare expanded the federal payment’s share to 100% of newly eligible adults for any state that signed on, with the match “falling” permanently to 90% in 2020. That was political genius.

Maybe it was Jonathan Gruber, the ObamaCare architect vilified for admitting that the “stupidity” of American voters got the law passed. I’d say Mr. Gruber has the last laugh now on what people not long ago called the stupid party.

What an irony it is that one of the Republican arguments made now for preserving ObamaCare’s Medicaid expansion is the opioid crisis. Even after the Supreme Court ruled in 2012 that Medicaid’s expansion was optional, some Republican governors got hooked on the promise of federal cash flow to the horizon.

Now GOP governors in the Medicaid-expanded states of Ohio, Arkansas and Nevada are pushing their Republican senators to defeat any significant limitations on the nationalized funding of this entitlement. Other Republican-led states that took the expansion are Arizona, Iowa, Louisiana, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, New Mexico, New Jersey, Iowa and Indiana (which to its credit extracted the Obama administration’s commitment to its Medicaid reform program).

Now the party’s fabled repeal-and-replace effort is threatened by a standoff between Medicaid’s new best friends—“moderate” GOP senators—and conservative colleagues who are trying to moderate the entitlement’s permanent expansion.

Add in Donald Trump criticizing the House bill as “mean,” and how can anyone fault the retired Barack Obama for golfing his way through the world’s resorts? He earned his victory lap. His people understood the iron law of political spending: Offer it, and they will come.

The structure of Medicaid always made the program a Faustian bargain for the states. Originating in the Great Society outpourings of the 1960s, Medicaid’s purpose was to ensure medical care for the disabled and women and children in poverty. Though the states and Washington split the costs, a political genius back then inserted this spending opiate: If states expanded their Medicaid populations, Washington would still send them at least half of the rising costs. Meaning, of course, that taxpayers in states with even a minimal sense of fiscal responsibility paid for open-spigot states like California, New York, Illinois and New Jersey.

Medicaid has become most states’ second biggest budget outlay, behind K-12 education. Even the feds have cut back federal grants on everything else to pay for Medicaid. Here’s the Government Accountability Office’s bloodless 2012 report of how that works:

“The increase in federal outlays for Medicaid and other health-related grant programs was offset by an approximately equivalent decrease in grants to state and local governments targeted for other areas such as transportation, education, and regional development.”

Like state-administered medicine everywhere, Medicaid “works” only if no one notices it’s robbing Peter to pay Paul. The Peters getting robbed to make Medicaid work include doctors who are supposed to serve this population.

A Pew report described the mechanics of this perpetual grinding wheel: “In 2012, for example, Medicaid paid physicians on average 66 percent of what Medicare paid for services, down from 72 percent in 2008. Furthermore, both Medicaid and Medicare pay providers significantly less than what they receive from private payers. Low reimbursement rates decrease the willingness of providers to treat Medicaid enrollees, which sometimes limits enrollees’ access to health care services.”

As to Nancy Pelosi, Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren charging that the Republicans’ attempted Medicaid reforms will kill people, those are crocodile tears. For years, states have tried to control Medicaid’s open throttle the only way they know how—with cuts. On Friday, a federal judge ordered Illinois to start paying a stunning $3 billion it has withheld from Medicaid providers, claiming it doesn’t have the money. But from a pro shop somewhere, Mr. Obama, who learned his politics in Illinois, says the GOP effort to fix his namesake would “ruin Medicaid as we know it.”

Medicaid is already a fiscal ruin and lowest-common-denominator medicine. Advocates say it’s better than nothing for the poor or uninsured, but well-controlled studies put even that claim in doubt.

Reform Republicans want to give states a shot at restructuring the albatross Medicaid has become. Some GOP governors, such as Wisconsin’s Scott Walker, are gamely trying to reform Medicaid without taking the federal payment expansion. But pressure on them to take the money will be intense if Senate Republicans fail or vote to repeal and revisit ObamaCare in two years.

Give credit: ObamaCare’s designers got this part right.   "
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2017 at 11:01am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1668 - Jul 6th, 2017 at 9:01pm

<  ------------- Edith   ..... ?!   .... !!!!!!   :

https://www.wsj.com/articles/washingtons-leak-mob-1499381014

" Washington’s Leak Mob "

" Trying to topple Trump, current and ex-officials damage national security.   '

By Kimberley A. Strassel

" Today’s Washington is overrun by two kinds of crimes.

The first is the still-speculative kind, which the Washington press corps obsesses over— Trump -Russia collusion, obstruction of justice—despite no evidence of its existence. By all accounts, special counsel Robert Mueller’s growing team of Democratic lawyers intends to devote itself to this fiction.

Yet if Mr. Mueller were serious about bringing down a threat to the nation, or even carving himself a place in history, he’d be tackling the second kind of crime, the real kind. These are the crimes that occur constantly and actually harm national security, even if they’re routinely ignored by a self-interested media. We are talking of course about the serial leaking of sensitive information, the daily profession of a new government elite akin to an organized crime network.

Lucky for Mr. Mueller, he doesn’t even need his army of legal investigators to get an immediate handle on this mafia. He can instead stroll down to the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government Affairs. That’s the purview of Sen. Ron Johnson, who keeps dogged oversight of government among his many self-set tasks.

That mission resulted this week in a shocking staff analysis of the recent deluge of secret-spilling, and the manner in which these unauthorized disclosures are harming national security. It’s the first congressional scrutiny of the leaks—and notable for its straight-up nature. This is no partisan document. It’s a bloodless accounting of a national-security failure, perpetrated by dozens of government employees willfully breaking the law.

The first 126 days of the Trump administration featured 125 stories that leaked harmful information. Just under one a day. The committee staff judged the stories against a 2009 Barack Obama executive order that laid out what counted as information likely to damage national security. And as it chose to not include borderline leaks or “palace intrigue” stories, that number is an understatement.

For reference, the first 126 days of the Obama term featured 18 stories that met the criteria. Ten of those were actually leaks about George W. Bush’s “torture memo,” which Mr. Obama released.      

The Trump leaks show the sweeping nature of this enterprise, coming as they have from “U.S. officials,” “former U.S. officials,” “senior U.S. officials,” “intelligence officials,” “national security officials,” “Justice Department officials,” “defense officials” and “law-enforcement officials.” One story cited more than two dozen anonymous sources. Alarmingly, the titles, and the nature of the information disclosed, indicate that many leaks are coming directly from the U.S. intelligence community.

What’s been disclosed? The contents of wiretapped information. The names of individuals the U.S. monitors, and where they are located. The communications channels used to monitor targets. Which agencies are monitoring. Intelligence intercepts. FBI interviews. Grand jury subpoenas. Secret surveillance-court details. Internal discussions. Military operations intelligence. The contents of the president’s calls with foreign leaders.

The analysis lays out the real and the assumed fallout. One clear example is the May stories hyperventilating that Mr. Trump shared classified intelligence with the Russians. Subsequent leaks suggested Israel provided the intelligence, about Islamic State. This revelation caused a diplomatic incident, and reportedly a change in the way Israel shares with the U.S. Even former Obama CIA Director John Brennan called the leak “appalling.”

How many foreign allies are pulling back? How many will work with a U.S. government that has disclosed military plans, weapons systems and cybersecurity tactics? What have our enemies learned? One March story divulged sensitive FBI data on U.S. border vulnerabilities, in hopes of undercutting Mr. Trump’s travel order.

The Johnson report doesn’t go here, but let’s go ourselves: This is lawbreaking, in the aid of a political hit job. The leaking syndicate can’t claim whistleblower status, since it has yet to leak a piece of evidence showing Trump wrongdoing. This is about taking out a president. And with a role model like James Comey —who wrote secret memos with the express purpose of leaking and launching a special counsel—that’s no surprise.

But as Mr. Mueller surely knows, the Espionage Act doesn’t trifle with intentions. As even the nonpartisan Congressional Research Service has noted, leaks enjoy “no First Amendment protection, regardless of the motives,” and no accused leaker “has ever been acquitted based on a finding that the public interest was so great” that it justified unlawful disclosure.

Mr. Mueller is sitting astride a leak crime wave, run by a bureaucratic underworld that is happy to harm U.S. interests if it maims a president. He can dig four years into Trump hearsay and innuendo. Or he can, more immediately, take action that would rein in the lawbreakers and restore some calm to the Capitol and the media. That’s how to really promote law and order. "
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2017 at 8:14am by Joey »  

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #1669 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 10:05am
Leaks are only damaging if someone has done something wrong. Besides I'm sure our "enemies" like Russia already have the info.

IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #1670 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 3:02pm
Did someone say leaks?

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #1671 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 3:15pm

Ain't it great having a strong leader defending Western values rather than a dipshitty apologist letting the world walk all over him ?

IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #1672 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 3:35pm
Go to bed Edith, you're drunk!

Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Oh no! not you again

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #1673 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 3:49pm
leonid ?

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #1674 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 5:33pm
No more fake news!  Trump will trounce the goddam America-hating liberal media and their fake news.  We must support our Leader Trump in his efforts to abolish fake news.  For too long, anti-American forces have violated free speech with their allegidical first amendment "rights."  No more!

No more fake news!  Fake news will be no more.  No more!  No more!  No more of the fake news.  Support the Truth Reconciliation Act (TRACT).

It is time to rise up against fake news.  Support Don Trump's attempt to quash fake news in America.  Kill it, before it kills us!

Americans demand truth news!  Truth News only, as the Founding Fathers and the Savior intended for America!  We want Truth.  We ARE The Truth.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 276
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)