Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA, 06-20-2015--setlist, pics, news, ect. (Read 30,803 times)
sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Re: Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA, 06-20-2015--setlist, pics, news, ect.
Reply #25 - Jun 20th, 2015 at 11:46pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Starbuck wrote on Jun 20th, 2015 at 11:22pm:
Is it me, or does moonie look like the late Steve Irwin?

The late Steve Irwin looks better...........In his current state. Stinky post

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

My name is called disturbance!

City of Champions
Reply #26 - Jun 21st, 2015 at 12:46am
LadyJane wrote on Jun 20th, 2015 at 6:36pm:
Lock up your children, Pittsburgh. 3 of the C10 and the 1 honorary member have been spotted.

Moonie, FPM, TomL and Nanky

It was great to hang out with all four of these guys!  Mrs. Nanky was great also!  How did Moonie and FPM dry off so fast?  We just walked about three city blocks and back in the pouring rain trying to find FPM.  I was soaked.  Found out that TomL and I went to the same small high school.  I finally got to hang out, and see a show with the king of posting Sirmoonie.  This was a night I will remember forever!

...&&&&...

IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #27 - Jun 21st, 2015 at 1:59am
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Jun 20th, 2015 at 10:32pm:
Paranoid Android wrote on Jun 20th, 2015 at 8:11pm:
Would you let your daughter date a Stones Fan?!?

Has there ever been a gathering of four, more whiter, middle aged guys than this?  Waka Jawaka Ouch! piss off Shit!

Yes. It was called the Lotus Couch.

Blank Frigging Stare Ouch! you made a grown man cry

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #28 - Jun 21st, 2015 at 2:20am
Hope there's stage pix when we all recover.  And an SBD.

(Posted 3:20 AM Pittsburgh time, with Atlanta 2015 playing.)
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2015 at 2:21am by andrews27 »  

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #29 - Jun 21st, 2015 at 2:39am

Wow just got home. Met up with Tom L ... Nanker ... and Riffy and a few others right before the show. I wish I could of had morre time. FINALLY I got to meet some of you and I am grateful... FINALLY! lol Smiley

Well the show was great. Good crowd .. sound was good. Big blaring guitars .. Micks voice was audible but dare I say .. a bit hidden in the mix more than usual? I was on the floor ..in the sweet spot as well so I has the best possible sound observance. Big sound .... loud guitars.

Notable moments:

Mick screwed up the lyrics to IORR in the second verse.

Keith started into Satisfaction before Mick was done introducing the choir. Keith went right into the intro just as Mick started to introduce them... Mick gave an apologetic nod and went into the song...because he had no choice. Not sure if Keith did this intentionally to keep the momentum high or not? Actually I think he HAD to do it intentionally ...Mick just started talking. It kept the momentum going as was this interuptions purpose (I know Mick going to be pissed for the next show or two now lol).

The Stones honestly looked like they were "enjoying" themselves more than other tours as in <just having fun> up there.

Mick was dripping with sweat and he was on fire most of the night. The guy was all over the place  ... he really gave a lot of emotion ... humor... animation ..... and physicality to tonights show.

Ronnie was friggin killing it. Wow he sounded LOUD and good. On Midnight Rambler he was friggin killing that thing.

Over all there were a handfull of botches but they were all laughed off and OK.. The Stones were sloppy like they used to be... VERY spontanious in character and sound in tonights show. In other words they were "sloppy good".

It was a big show ...yet it is a "basic" show. It was big ...but stripped down ... How? Well the theatrics were not there ... and there was a solidity to the set design. a solid wall of lights and video. It had great lighting ... big, great sound ... big show .. but no theatrics.. just a basic ...big Stones stadium gig... and that is what the tour was supposed to be.

It's a great show ...and they put a lot of effort in .. especially Mick and Ronnie tonight. Mick was sweating all over and just kept going.

Anyway ... there is my take on it. Moonlight Mile was special ... Midnight Rambler was my fav ... You Cant Always Get What You Want was really good tonight too (as well the ending was changed a tad with an extension).. lots of spontonaity in how the songs were spun tonight and in character  ... As well it was them having 'fun' up there in tonights vibe. Charlie wore black and yellow shoes and the crowd went crazy. Charlie also threw a drum stick out to the crowd... he does this sure, but lately he hadnt been I dont think. Well tonight he did. When the crowd saw Chalies shoes when he came out the camera showed them and it was like ... "look suprise... even I am in the Pittsburgh Spirit" without being too corny in character... He just kinda looked down and gave an eyebrow raise like ... "hmmmmmm interesting...check it out" lol

Strange note. Mick said The Big Mac was invented in Pitt? I guess I will have to Google that?

Stones still got swagger ... loads of energy ... and put on a great show. Was it "magic" ?...mmmmmmm I'd say it was more a big, basic show with lots of energy and enduring swagger... and some eye popping lighting. A <fun> show to see... and they were having fun up there as I said. It was apparent. 

Good Stuff -

« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2015 at 3:44am by Ian Billen »  

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #30 - Jun 21st, 2015 at 6:17am
Yeah super sloppy show.   Missed lyrics, guitarists lost in songs, mick lost his ear piece twice during Satisfaction and MR I think, and was having trouble finding the right key, missed introductions for the choir because Keith charged ahead.   Oh  and some real assholes from Baltimore behind us who wanted to sit all night.  Fuck heads. 

I thought they started off very rough and knew it.  But the crowd (aside from the fuck heads ) was great.   They were singing along to everything.   I think the band responded to that.

Great seeing everyone, especially my C10 buds, and meeting the new guys.  Stones fans remain the best.
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2015 at 6:24am by nankerphelge »  

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #31 - Jun 21st, 2015 at 7:44am
I had a fantastic time. It was a loud and sloppy show and it was one to remember. I wanted Hits and Tits, and the Pittsburgh show delivered. Quick notes» Keef sounds great. His vintage guitars were cranked up and he played with apparent joy. Midnight Rambler sounded better without Mick Taylor. It seemed on the 50th it was about him, but now it's about the band weaving everything together.

It was the first time I've ever been asked to stop dancing and sit down. If you are reading this, you are an asshole. My alter ego Steel Wheels dances and sings for the full show, meaning from start to finish.

Other observations»

Pittsburgh fans streamed in droves to the exits during Satisfaction.

Lisa received the greatest reception I've ever heard  her receive during her intro. Lots of young women cheered wildly.

Oh, I wore the Mary pin on my fan club hat and raised it high during Tumblin Dice. It was the only pin I saw all weekend.

It was fantastic to see my heroes again and I welcome the chance to do it again.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #32 - Jun 21st, 2015 at 7:47am
Quote:
LJ.........Official, poster of everybody's pics on Rocks Off.  Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Perverted Mick Blank Frigging Stare

I try. It means a lot to me.

I enjoy putting faces with names and I love to see RO'ers meet, especially when it's at a Rolling Stones gig. I also love to see that gleam in the eye and special glow on faces when any of us are in the company of fellow RO lunatics. 

I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do.

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #33 - Jun 21st, 2015 at 8:03am
Photos by Sally Maxson with thanks to Rick Deaner from Shidoobee.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #34 - Jun 21st, 2015 at 9:19am
LadyJane wrote on Jun 21st, 2015 at 7:47am:
Quote:
LJ.........Official, poster of everybody's pics on Rocks Off.  Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Perverted Mick Blank Frigging Stare

I enjoy putting faces with names and I love to see RO'ers meet, especially when it's at a Rolling Stones gig. I also love to see that gleam in the eye and special glow on faces when any of us are in the company of fellow RO lunatics. 

I do LJ.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #35 - Jun 21st, 2015 at 10:08am
Thoroughly enjoyed that.  One of the best shows I've seen them do, and the crowd (at least where I was) was rocking.

Had a nice time meeting up with a few of my old Stones buddies at BZ, and some new ones too.  That place was rocking - the Shidoobs know how to put on a shindig.

Mick Jagger - the man truly amazes me.  There is no one like him, in any area.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #36 - Jun 21st, 2015 at 10:47am
It was loud as f*ck, even in the nosebleed seats, and was the best time I ever had in a less-than-perfect seat.  (In fact, it was my best less-than-perfect seat.)  They played at the edge of distortion, like they were out to dominate three rivers and a skyline.

Sloppy Good is right.  It was actually funny when Jagger went back to JJF in the middle of IORR, and - as I heard it - took Keith with him!  They pulled off an excellent, quick save.  And getting lost in the middle of Bitch?  They were doing that in 1972.  The guitars were of equal loudness, which is important, and the guitarists were both in great form compared to 2013 and 2014.  Karl Denson finally hit his groove and was good throughout.

The setlist betrayed a view of Pittsburgh as a Hot Rocks kind of town, which we're not.  Jagger repeated lyrics in more than one song, less a symptom of age than of a wandering attention - but he was otherwise on point.  My biggest complaint is that Mick didn't wear one of those swell two-toned shirts. 

This was some of the best playing of the tour, better than the benchmark Atlanta show; and not only better playing than 2013 and 2014, but better than PNC Park 2005.  No CHYMK, but an equally good bump-and-grind on Midnight Rambler.  Sympathy didn't suck, and there was an exciting, impromptu coda after YCAGWYW.

The best time I had all year, anywhere.  I'd go back to the same seat tonight if I could.  You all know my snarky mouth, so if I'm saying this it's truer than true, and Lester Bangs is spinning in his dusty grave.
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2015 at 11:14am by andrews27 »  

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #37 - Jun 21st, 2015 at 11:24am
Quote:

She's just practicing for the place cards  for Buffalo...after-all...Buffalo will be quite the social event of the season and decorum will be a must

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #38 - Jun 21st, 2015 at 11:29am
Paranoid Android wrote on Jun 21st, 2015 at 11:24am:
Quote:

She's just practicing for the place cards  for Buffalo...after-all...Buffalo will be quite the social event of the season and decorum will be a must

Homeland security is already on alert for the Buffalo show. Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Better seen on weed! Let's go get drunk You rock! Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #39 - Jun 21st, 2015 at 11:58am
Found these two amazing shots on Facebook:

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #40 - Jun 21st, 2015 at 12:25pm
Goddamn, that really was enjoyable.  Now I feel like going to more goddam shows by the Rolling Stones.

What's next for yinz?

Get moofed.  Get fished.  Fish smacky, whacky whacky.  Arrowhead.  Indianapolis.  The Stones always suck in the Midwest, because the Midwest sucks.    The Midwest sucks the heart of America's soul.  Bread basket bitches.  Pittsburgh is the best goddam city in America, pound for pound. 

So Buffwad, huh?  The Big Buff.  Buff Ass.  Buffy Buff?  Buff dick?  He's got a bad case of Buff dick.  Isn't there done drinking game called Buffalo?  Like you have to drink with your left hand or something?  Buff smack, Buff whacked.  Buff job.  Go to a restaurant and ask for a Buff job.  Garçon?  I'll have the $9.99 Buff job.

Swing low, sweet Buff ass low.....  Buff skunk, Buff rod, Buff neck.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #41 - Jun 21st, 2015 at 1:27pm
Also, it was really nice seeing fellow ROers.  Stones fans know The Score.

Nankie - C10
Robpop -fellow yinzer
FPM - C10
TomL - nice to meet him finally
Ms. [censored] - thanks for tix!
Stonesdoug

Sorry I missed Ian Biffen and Riffhard (Biffhard).  Yinz must have showed up right after we left.

Goddam, those Rolling Stones know how to rock and roll.  What a confident band.

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #42 - Jun 21st, 2015 at 4:21pm

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

FPM
Rocks Off Regular

Right here in the USA
Reply #43 - Jun 21st, 2015 at 4:50pm
Oh my. What a lovely trip to the Burgh, my appearance in this photo with two dear old  C10 friends to the contrary. I was soaking wet, and I didn't get around to shaving off my grizzled prospector beard before the show. (I figured if Mick or Keith showed up with a beard, I'd be pissed, so I was going to show them the same respect...but I waited too long. Didn't want to  wear razor rash to the show either.) I look like I'm wearing cornrows, but I was merely drenched.

My fiancee, my son and I drove the 3+ hours to Pittsburgh. Local radio was playing ALL Stones album sides.  As we entered the city, "Monkey Man" was blasting out of the car radio, as it always should be but hardly ever is. As soon as we parked our car and started walking, it started pouring.  We knew the general direction of BZ's, but I can only walk a little bit at a time in my current state of decrepitude.  We stopped at the Tilted Kilt, thinking a great Scot like Moonie might be in there, but he wasn't. We bought $5 plastic ponchos from a street vendor and continued another block.  The poncho made me sweat and feel like passing out and I texted my buddies that I wasn't walking any further - knowing full well that I would be accused of pouting across the street, because I sorta was. Robpop, Sirmoonie and our dear friend Jayme (I can never thank you enough) came looking for us, getting as drenched as we were in the process.  When I found that we could see BZs from where we were, I hobbled the remaining block to the roaring party Stonesdoug was throwing.  I approached Nanky and tried to give him the secret C10 handshake - instead he grabbed me and hugged me.  I gotta tell you, and I mean this in the manliest way possible - that hug felt GOOD.  Good to see TomL too, who I'd met once at a Dylan show in DC.

I knew there was no way I was walking to the stadium, so my gang all piled into a chiba chariot and took a leisurely ride to Heinz Stadium.  (to be continued)

...&&&&
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #44 - Jun 21st, 2015 at 5:19pm
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Jun 21st, 2015 at 4:21pm:

Charlie in true style...donning the local team colors!!

IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #45 - Jun 21st, 2015 at 5:33pm
Frankly that was the best stadium show I've ever seen, and I've seen a bunch including the PPV Joe Robbie Voodoo show in Miami. Could it have been because I had my two lovely daughters and stunning wife with me? Perhaps, but I think not. In a word, Mick Fucking Jagger!!! The mere fact that after 2 hours I was more exhausted just standing, singing my ass off, and dancing in place than he seemed to be after a blistering run of an hour and 50 mins. The man is nothing sort of a marvel. Show me a man half his age that works a third as hard and I'll buy your next Stones' ticket! My money is safe though. Keith was really up in the mix, as was Ronnie. Both played their asses off! Charlie was his same human metronome self. Never missing a beat and he showed off some very nice Steelers' pride yellow and black striped socks. Daryl was very good as per the norm. All in all a wonderful time, and Pittsburgh is actually a very beautiful city. Though it should be said that the parking situation could have more fucked up but they would have had to really try. Chaos getting out. It was great to see Nanky and his wife, Tom L., and Ian. Sorry we missed Moonie and FPM! In closing, there was a part of me that felt like I would be making excuses for the band having talked them up so much to my kids beforehand. However, after the show to say that they were both completely blown away would be an understatement! They were flat out stunned! Our collective personal favorite for the night? Moonlight Mile. Sublime. Close second? Everything else! Including Miss you! BTW-The header photo is great! That's my wife next to Nanky, and my youngest daughter Jade. My oldest got clipped as she was on Ian's right.

Riffy

PS- Keith's rain stick is a thing of wonder! Everyone thought that we would get drenched, yet half an hour prior to lift off a double rainbow appeared behind the stadium, and nary a drop of rain for the entire show!

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

FPM
Rocks Off Regular

Right here in the USA
Reply #46 - Jun 21st, 2015 at 5:44pm
So here's the part I'm not sure if I'm allowed to disclose or not - but it's over now, so screw it.

Thanks to the incredible generosity, amazing connections, and all-around absolute awesomeness of a friend of ours, Robpop, Sirmoonie and I (and our benefactress) attended the show and VIP party beforehand as guests of Keith Richards (the KR on the pass).  So I sent my very understanding fiancee and son off to their merely OK seats at the back of the field and took the secret escalators to the inner sanctum of the stadium.  There I flashed my VIP badge and was ushered into a scene of unimaginable decadence and depravity.  All the Stones were there.  Mick was sitting on a throne of solid gold having his toes licked by Olivia Munn.   There was a bathtub full of naked models filled with french champagne which we sipped through alabaster straws from between their slippery knees. Mountains of cocaine covered every table-top, and it was hard to make out the faces of all the celebrities there for the thick cloud of sweet ganga smoke which filled the air.  I'm pretty sure Johnny Depp was there. Someone wearing a scarf, anyway. Unreleased Stones tracks played at intense volume, so it was hard to tell what the hell Kate Upton was shouting into my ear about.  "You want me to put what WHERE?" I said, but just then the acid which Moonie had put in my drink at BZs kicked in, and it was only by washing down a buncha Seconol with a few perfect pints of draft guinness the topless barmaids were serving with  Stones tongues in the foam that I maintained consciousness  and a modicum of sanity.  The last thing I remember, Moonie and Robpop were dragging me by my feet to our awesome 12th row seats. The show was starting!

(ed. note: some of FPM's memories may have been slightly elaborated upon.) 
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2015 at 6:07pm by FPM »  

...&&&&
IP Logged

FPM
Rocks Off Regular

Right here in the USA
Reply #47 - Jun 21st, 2015 at 5:59pm
OK, reading back over that last post, it seems like I might have embellished the VIP party a bit.  I just looked at my phone, and at 6:45 I texted "The only 'celebrity' I see is Stonesdoug!".  There WAS a free bar, but I don't drink much these days, so I stuck to the buffet - candy bars, cookies, chips and skittles. I'd like to say the skittles had little Stones tongues on them, but they were just regular skittles.  Rob pop and Moonie did do an admirable hometown job trying to drink all the Iron City they had on hand.  The only "Stone" to show up was Chuck, who posed for photos with all the VIPs who had paid god knows what for this opportunity.  I shook his hand as he walked by and said I hoped he had a good show.
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2015 at 6:04pm by FPM »  

...&&&&
IP Logged

FPM
Rocks Off Regular

Right here in the USA
Reply #48 - Jun 21st, 2015 at 6:36pm
Our seats were freaking awesome! 12th row center, to the right of the catwalk.  You could see the stage easily and when they were on the catwalk they were within spitting' distance. We were just getting to our seats when the lights went down and LADIES AND GENTLEMEN: THE ROLLING STONES!!! Keith strode out and started the machine up.  Guitar sound was HUGE off the stage, and then DAMN there's Mick!!! Look at how damned skinny he is! Look at how great everyone looks!! Oh fuck, it's been NINE YEARS since my last Stones show!!

I snapped a few pictures. I could tell I was only getting blurs.  I hoped some would look artsy. I guess they do.

I quit trying to get pictures after the shimmering, magical highlight of the show for me: Moonlight Mile.  I'd heard them attempt it once in '99 but they hadn't pulled it off then.  It was perfect in Pittsburgh.

Well, not PERFECT perfect. As has been mentioned, it was a night with quite a few obvious mistakes, like botching up IORR, and Keith blowing the opening to Brown Sugar, and others - none of which detracted from the excellence of the show.  Because make no mistakes, fellow Stonesickles, Our Boys are in fine fettle, playing with soul and fervor, and last night stands proudly beside every show I've seen since my first in 1975.

I have no sense whatsoever that this will be The Last Time for the band. But I'm not so sure about me.  Getting around such an enormous venue, then having to walk forever to get back to our parking garage (not a chiba chariot in sight) really took a toll. MS is a slowly debilitating disease, and that was the most walking I've done in five years.  I'm pretty sure that was MY last stadium show. But the Stones? Those fuckers will bury ALL OF US!

Notice I said STADIUM show.  I'm still up for arenas, theaters, juke joints and garages.

...&&&&
IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #49 - Jun 21st, 2015 at 6:43pm

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)