Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Lick to watch full show! with thanks to George García/Rolling Stones Archive and ROgerriffin for heads up
State Farm Stadium, Glendale, Arizona - May 7, 2024 / Pic © Jini Sachse (Sweet Virginia)

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Police to review Brian Jones' death (Read 1,589 times)
Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Police to review Brian Jones' death
Aug 30th, 2009 at 10:32am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Police review Rolling Stone Brian Jones death after MoS reveals new evidence

By Christopher Leake
Last updated at 9:59 PM on 29th August 2009

Mystery death: Brian Jones in 1965 with his then girlfriend, the model Anita Pallenberg

Police are reviewing the death of Rolling Stone Brian Jones – 40 years after his body was found at the bottom of a swimming pool.
The dramatic move by Sussex Police follows new evidence unearthed by The Mail on Sunday about the mysterious death of the rock legend which suggests he was murdered by his minder.
Officially, Jones drowned, aged 27, in his pool at Cotchford Farm, Hartfield, East Sussex, on July 2, 1969, while under the influence of drink and drugs.
An inquest recorded a verdict of death by misadventure, even though the post-mortem report said there were no illegal drugs in the star’s body, just the equivalent of three-and-a-half pints of beer.
But now, a review officer based at Sussex Police CID headquarters has been assigned to trawl through 600 documents handed over by investigative journalist Scott Jones, who undertook a four-year probe into the guitarist’s death.

The new evidence was compiled by Mr Jones – no relation to the dead Stone – and disclosed by this newspaper last November.
The move follows a three-and-a-half-hour meeting Mr Jones had with senior Sussex police officers last month when they discussed testimony from witnesses at the house on the night Jones died.

Detectives are studying previously unseen files released by the Public Records Office and may launch a new investigation if they believe there is enough new evidence.
This marks a U-turn by Sussex Police, who until now have rejected requests to reopen the case.
Scott Jones said last night: ‘There is no time limit on the review. But after 40 years of mystery, anyone who values Brian’s reputation will be happy to wait for the outcome.’
Last November, we revealed fresh evidence from nurse Janet Lawson, who found Jones’s body. She said she saw his minder, Frank Thorogood, jump into the pool and ‘do something to Brian’. She was convinced he had killed Jones.
Thorogood died in 1994. Her claims are supported by PC Albert Evans, the first officer on the scene, who spoke to all the witnesses in the hours after Jones’s death and concluded he had died as a result of a fight with Thorogood.
New evidence also emerged about the original investigation by Detective Chief Inspector Bob Marshall, which shows that three unidentified witnesses were allowed to leave the scene without being interviewed.
Finally, police files have revealed how taxi driver Joan Fitzsimons, a former girlfriend of Thorogood, was attacked and left for dead three weeks after Brian Jones died. According to the official records, Ms Fitzsimons was planning to speak to the media about Jones’s death.
Thorogood was said to have been desperately searching for Ms Fitzsimons in the weeks before the attack because, the files reveal, she knew too much about the band. She died in 2002.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1209906/Police-review-Rolling-Stone-Bria...

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Re: Police to review Brian Jones' death
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2009 at 10:35am
Guitarist death to be re-examined

The death of former Rolling Stones guitarist Brian Jones is to be reviewed following new evidence, it has been revealed.

Police in Sussex were handed new information connected to the musician's untimely death 40 years ago.

Mr Jones, was found dead at the bottom of a swimming pool at a house in Cotchford farm, Hartfield, East Sussex.

An inquest recorded a verdict of death by misadventure but speculation continued that he was murdered.

A spokesman for Sussex police said the force had been handed documents connected with Jones's death, prompting the review.

But he added it was too early to launch a fresh investigation.

He added: "These papers will be examined by Sussex Police, but it is too early to comment at this time as to what the outcome will be."

Jones, who was 27 when he died, was a founding member of the Rolling Stones.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sussex/8229478.stm

... ... ...
IP Logged

LanternHigh
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Italy
Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2009 at 10:51am
Gazza wrote on Aug 30th, 2009 at 10:35am:
Guitarist death to be re-examined

The death of former Rolling Stones guitarist Brian Jones is to be reviewed following new evidence, it has been revealed.

Police in Sussex were handed new information connected to the musician's untimely death 40 years ago.

Mr Jones, was found dead at the bottom of a swimming pool at a house in Cotchford farm, Hartfield, East Sussex.

An inquest recorded a verdict of death by misadventure but speculation continued that he was murdered.

A spokesman for Sussex police said the force had been handed documents connected with Jones's death, prompting the review.

But he added it was too early to launch a fresh investigation.

He added: "These papers will be examined by Sussex Police, but it is too early to comment at this time as to what the outcome will be."

Jones, who was 27 when he died, was a founding member of the Rolling Stones.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sussex/8229478.stm

Thanks so much, Gazza, about this mysteriously Brian's death.

...&&...
https://www.facebook.com/  
IP Logged

Zack
Rocks Off Regular

Chiba Face Rules You Bastards!

Dakar
Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2009 at 11:17am
Oh no! not you again

Only a crowd can make you feel so alone.

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2009 at 11:22am
OMG Brian isnt coming back so let the guy RIP. It's way too much time gone by now, why didnt the Police do something more about it 40 years ago? NOW they want to investigate????

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2009 at 11:54am
I agree that nothing can be done, but having the truth out, if possible, is what Brian, his family, and his friends deserve. What is this had been Mick? Or Keith? Wouldn't you want to know what happened? We've all been fed, from the media from the beginning, that Brian was just a muddled old drug addict and was responsible for his own death. There's SO much more to the story....and that was completely false to begin with. So, we would just like to know for sure, if that's at all possible.

Thanks for the info, Gazza! Cool

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #6 - Aug 30th, 2009 at 12:02pm
nothing will come of it - but if there are fresh leads/evidence and a case to answer, then it must be investigated.
    The BJ fanclub people, will be foaming at the mouth, about now.  Nanker

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #7 - Aug 30th, 2009 at 12:06pm
Bitch wrote on Aug 30th, 2009 at 11:22am:
OMG Brian isnt coming back so let the guy RIP. It's way too much time gone by now, why didnt the Police do something more about it 40 years ago? NOW they want to investigate????

Huh?

They DID do something about it 40 years ago. And a few times since then.

Read the article - there's 'new' evidence, so they're OBLIGED to investigate it.

What has the fact that he's been dead a long time got to do with anything? The fact that there's a lot of crackpots overly-obsessed with all of this doesn't alter the fact that ANY death under suspicious circumstances should be investigated. Not for the sake of his fans, but for his family.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #8 - Aug 30th, 2009 at 12:10pm
In that obit I posted a few weeks back, Brian's friend stated that he thought Brian died by an asthma attack while in the pool.

Has that already been conclusively disproved?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #9 - Aug 30th, 2009 at 12:38pm
I'm glad finally something is going be done about this, especially for his family, it will give them some closure,  40 years is way to long of a time to have this looked into, it should have been done years ago & murder is murder, if it's now or 40 years ago.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Mickville Virginny USA
Reply #10 - Aug 30th, 2009 at 1:31pm
So this will at least Clear
Mick Blank Frigging Stare
and
Kieth Oh no! not you again

image026.jpg (12 KB | )
image026.jpg

The Core Of The Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts Hi-Hat/The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me/And Then We Became Naked/After the Skeet Shoot & Sweet Dreams Mary & #9 11/22/1968 @#500 2/19/2010 @#800 4/09/2011 @#888 10/28/2011 @#1000 2/2/12

IP Logged

LanternHigh
Rocks Off Regular

Italy
Reply #11 - Aug 30th, 2009 at 1:44pm
Kilroy wrote on Aug 30th, 2009 at 1:31pm:
and

I wouldn't have ever this kind of news about the two you named.

But the truth must come out, also was passed so long time.
Family deserve to know. And friends too.
The fans come at latest.
Is the less.  piss off

...&&...
https://www.facebook.com/  
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #12 - Aug 30th, 2009 at 1:50pm
Ade wrote on Aug 30th, 2009 at 12:02pm:
nothing will come of it - but if there are fresh leads/evidence and a case to answer, then it must be investigated.
   The BJ fanclub people, will be foaming at the mouth, about now.  Nanker

Foaming at the mouth is putting it mildly. Some of those people are cultlike with their obsession.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #13 - Aug 30th, 2009 at 6:02pm
Edith Grove wrote on Aug 30th, 2009 at 12:10pm:
In that obit I posted a few weeks back, Brian's friend stated that he thought Brian died by an asthma attack while in the pool.

Has that already been conclusively disproved?

In the official autopsy report, Brian's lungs were not "light and bulky", which would indicate an asthma attack. They were, in fact, heavy and filled with water.....so, that was ruled out from the beginning.

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #14 - Aug 30th, 2009 at 6:03pm
and

Lol, yeah. I don't think anyone in their right minds ever really suspected M&K...

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #15 - Aug 30th, 2009 at 6:05pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Aug 30th, 2009 at 1:50pm:
Ade wrote on Aug 30th, 2009 at 12:02pm:
   The BJ fanclub people, will be foaming at the mouth, about now.  Nanker

Foaming at the mouth is putting it mildly. Some of those people are cultlike with their obsession.

No "foaming at the mouth" here. Just cautiously optimistic that maybe the truth will eventually come out....it's always been a mystery. And I love to see mysteries solved---and know what happened. Smiley

IP Logged

platter
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Aug 30th, 2009 at 7:32pm
hopefully this new info will put this case to rest, but i highly doubt it.  the guy who killed him is dead, i think.  they didn't have dna testing back then and so this case is going to be very difficult to solve.  but hey if they still have the time, energy and money to further investigate....knock yourselves out.

piss off

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #17 - Aug 30th, 2009 at 10:36pm
Hey, at this point I would almost be satisfied if the Sussex police would at least ADMIT that they really bungled the original investigation. We all know the relationship between the police and rock groups, especially the Stones, was always volatile. And when one of the dreaded Stones died, and was known to do drugs---well, it was just too good a story to let die. I've read that the police basically said to the British youth, "Now, SEE what happens to you if you do illegal drugs? You'll end up like this sorry bloke!" Roll Eyes Angry What the fuck?

IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Mickville Virginny USA
Reply #18 - Aug 30th, 2009 at 11:32pm
Sioux wrote on Aug 30th, 2009 at 6:03pm:
and

Lol, yeah. I don't think anyone in their right minds ever really suspected M&K...

Yes,it was a joke, I guess A bad One, But it was a Joke. I am sorry if I have offend anyone here, I wrote that  and left and went fishing with  the Boys and thought about it the whole time. I know how touchy this board can be from time to time. But for some reason I do Remember at the time, Long long ago, That someone actual asked me If I thought Keith or Mick had anything to do with it! Blank Frigging Stare 

The Core Of The Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts Hi-Hat/The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me/And Then We Became Naked/After the Skeet Shoot & Sweet Dreams Mary & #9 11/22/1968 @#500 2/19/2010 @#800 4/09/2011 @#888 10/28/2011 @#1000 2/2/12

IP Logged

corgi37
Rocks Off Regular

Aussie land
Reply #19 - Aug 31st, 2009 at 6:00am
Wouldnt it be hilarious if Bill and Charlie did it???

I aint no peace freak

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #20 - Aug 31st, 2009 at 6:03am
Kilroy wrote on Aug 30th, 2009 at 11:32pm:
and

Yes,it was a joke, I guess A bad One, But it was a Joke. I am sorry if I have offend anyone here, I wrote that  and left and went fishing with  the Boys and thought about it the whole time. I know how touchy this board can be from time to time. But for some reason I do Remember at the time, Long long ago, That someone actual asked me If I thought Keith or Mick had anything to do with it! Blank Frigging Stare 

There was another incident like that at a party in the 70's, a member of Steppenwolf, Goldy McJohn (organ player) asked Mick if it was him or Keith who threw Brian in the pool, Mick kindly got up, put his plate of food on his (Glodie's) lap & walked out.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Jeep
Rocks Off Regular

Frogland
Reply #21 - Aug 31st, 2009 at 7:57am

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #22 - Aug 31st, 2009 at 7:07pm
Kilroy wrote on Aug 30th, 2009 at 11:32pm:
and

Yes,it was a joke, I guess A bad One, But it was a Joke. I am sorry if I have offend anyone here, I wrote that  and left and went fishing with  the Boys and thought about it the whole time. I know how touchy this board can be from time to time. But for some reason I do Remember at the time, Long long ago, That someone actual asked me If I thought Keith or Mick had anything to do with it! Blank Frigging Stare  

Oh, don't worry about it Kilroy...I knew you were joking....Smiley But I know there are some people who still think M&K had something to do with it!

IP Logged

Pako Gertte
Rocks Off Regular

Madagascar
Reply #23 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 8:36am
Gazza wrote on Aug 30th, 2009 at 10:32am:

By Christopher Leake

Mystery death: Brian Jones in 1965 with his then girlfriend, the model Anita Pallenberg

Police are reviewing the death of Rolling Stone Brian Jones – 40 years after his body was found at the bottom of a swimming pool.
The dramatic move by Sussex Police follows new evidence unearthed by The Mail on Sunday about the mysterious death of the rock legend which suggests he was murdered by his minder.
Officially, Jones drowned, aged 27, in his pool at Cotchford Farm, Hartfield, East Sussex, on July 2, 1969, while under the influence of drink and drugs.
An inquest recorded a verdict of death by misadventure, even though the post-mortem report said there were no illegal drugs in the star’s body, just the equivalent of three-and-a-half pints of beer.
But now, a review officer based at Sussex Police CID headquarters has been assigned to trawl through 600 documents handed over by investigative journalist Scott Jones, who undertook a four-year probe into the guitarist’s death.

The new evidence was compiled by Mr Jones – no relation to the dead Stone – and disclosed by this newspaper last November.
The move follows a three-and-a-half-hour meeting Mr Jones had with senior Sussex police officers last month when they discussed testimony from witnesses at the house on the night Jones died.

Detectives are studying previously unseen files released by the Public Records Office and may launch a new investigation if they believe there is enough new evidence.
This marks a U-turn by Sussex Police, who until now have rejected requests to reopen the case.
Scott Jones said last night: ‘There is no time limit on the review. But after 40 years of mystery, anyone who values Brian’s reputation will be happy to wait for the outcome.’
Last November, we revealed fresh evidence from nurse Janet Lawson, who found Jones’s body. She said she saw his minder, Frank Thorogood, jump into the pool and ‘do something to Brian’. She was convinced he had killed Jones.
Thorogood died in 1994. Her claims are supported by PC Albert Evans, the first officer on the scene, who spoke to all the witnesses in the hours after Jones’s death and concluded he had died as a result of a fight with Thorogood.
New evidence also emerged about the original investigation by Detective Chief Inspector Bob Marshall, which shows that three unidentified witnesses were allowed to leave the scene without being interviewed.
Finally, police files have revealed how taxi driver Joan Fitzsimons, a former girlfriend of Thorogood, was attacked and left for dead three weeks after Brian Jones died. According to the official records, Ms Fitzsimons was planning to speak to the media about Jones’s death.
Thorogood was said to have been desperately searching for Ms Fitzsimons in the weeks before the attack because, the files reveal, she knew too much about the band. She died in 2002.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1209906/Police-review-Rolling-Stone-Bria...

Da problem is not to find how Brian died but how Keith is still alive

Ouch!

I eat ugly white folks

IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Mickville Virginny USA
Reply #24 - Sep 7th, 2009 at 9:59am
Pako Gertte wrote on Sep 7th, 2009 at 8:36am:
Gazza wrote on Aug 30th, 2009 at 10:32am:

By Christopher Leake

Da problem is not to find how Brian died but how Keith is still alive

Ouch!

Now that's funny stuff there.  Oh no! not you again

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)