Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Lick to watch full show! with thanks to George García/Rolling Stones Archive and ROgerriffin for heads up
State Farm Stadium, Glendale, Arizona - May 7, 2024 / Pic © Jini Sachse (Sweet Virginia)

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
Paulie on Letterman tomorrow! (nsc) (Macca Thread) (Read 12,109 times)
Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Re: Paulie on Letterman tomorrow! (nsc) (Macca Thr
Reply #175 - Aug 6th, 2009 at 8:36am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
paulie!

no....John! yes, John!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihoAo0bBoyk

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Re: Paul McCartney to embark on his big farewell t
Reply #176 - Aug 6th, 2009 at 8:51am
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Aug 5th, 2009 at 9:21pm:
Unholy Trinity wrote on Aug 5th, 2009 at 11:17am:
LadyJane wrote on Aug 5th, 2009 at 9:44am:
How many Macca threads do we need around here????  Angry   Roll Eyes

One

any non-Stones threads, regardless of whether its politics, Macca, Dylan, Bruce or whatever - please keep them on the one thread per subject.

Yet,multiple Joey threads are allowed....nay encouraged.....Now there is some serious unholy logic. Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint

Don't like a thread; stay away from it.
Kinda like I do with Springsteen, Dylan, Macca, etc.   Interesting stuff Ronnie!  you made a grown man cry

LJ.

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #177 - Aug 6th, 2009 at 9:14am
tour update from fenway? Nellie? Jizzy?

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Re: Macca In Boston
Reply #178 - Aug 6th, 2009 at 10:11am

Macca scotches retirement rumors:

The Web has been buzzing, thanks mostly to info from unreliable sources, that you’re retiring. Any truth at all to those rumors?

I was thinking this morning that it was five years ago that this same rumor went around. All I can say is that I’m not retiring. It’s like, “Paul is dead.” “No, I’m not,” is all I could say. I did talk about retirement in one sentence in one story and only to say, “No way Jose.” But someone must have only read part of that one sentence. As long as people want to come and hear me, I’ll probably be doing this. It’s just so easy to star rumors. Wanna start one now?

« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2009 at 10:12am by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #179 - Aug 6th, 2009 at 10:27am

One

any non-Stones threads, regardless of whether its politics, Macca, Dylan, Bruce or whatever - please keep them on the one thread per subject.

Yet,multiple Joey threads are allowed....nay encouraged.....Now there is some serious unholy logic. Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint

Encouraged, my arse.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #180 - Aug 6th, 2009 at 10:35am
" Encouraged, my arse. "

Speaking of arse ....................................

Mine is absolutely RAW !!!! ... just RAW this morning .

The sausages have been absolutely FLYING around here today .

You are now looking at the proud father of TWO ... count 'em  .. TWO  : Eight & 2/3 " inch SNAKES !!!!! ..and one 3.1 " ' primi '

We hope the other  primi's   are alright in their incubators ..... Whoops !!!! :

** END TRANSMISSION !!! **

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #181 - Aug 6th, 2009 at 10:40am
Joey wrote on Aug 6th, 2009 at 10:35am:
" Encouraged, my arse. "

Speaking of arse ....................................

Mine is absolutely RAW !!!! ... just RAW this morning .

The sausages have been absolutely FLYING around here today .

You are now looking at the proud father of TWO ... count 'em  .. TWO  : Eight & 2/3 " inch SNAKES !!!!! ..and one 3.1 " ' primi '

We hope the other  primi's   are alright in their incubators ..... Whoops !!!! :

** END TRANSMISSION !!! **

Joey - you may do well to take heed of some advice on how to 'clear the air' after some of your more pungent 'evacuations'. Save yourself $$$$'s on expensive air fresheners -  stick lavender up your 'keester'  then everytime you fart or poop a burst of scent is released into your home

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #182 - Aug 6th, 2009 at 10:41am
LadyJane wrote on Aug 6th, 2009 at 8:51am:

One

Don't like a thread; stay away from it.
Kinda like I do with Springsteen, Dylan, Macca, etc.   Interesting stuff Ronnie!  you made a grown man cry

LJ.

You're posting in a Macca thread......  Wink

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gimme Shelter
Rocks Off Regular

THE ROLLING STONES #1

Bend, OR
Reply #183 - Aug 6th, 2009 at 12:41pm
Former Beatle denies tabloid reports that his next world tour will be his last

Paul McCartney has denied claims that he is set to retire after completing his next world tour.

Tabloid reports last week (July 31) stated that the former Beatle was on the verge of announcing details of what would be his last tour, which would apparently see him call at unusual venues including China's Tiananmen Square and Berlin's Checkpoint Charlie.

However, an interview with the Boston Herald saw McCartney laugh off the reports, even comparing them to the notorious 'Paul is dead' rumours that made headlines in 1969.

"All I can say is that I'm not retiring," he confirmed. "It's like 'Paul is dead'. 'No, I'm not,' is all I could say. I did talk about retirement in one sentence in one story and only to say 'No way, Jose.' But someone must have only read part of that one sentence."

McCartney added that he currently wants to continue playing live for as long as possible.

He said: "As long as people want to come and hear me, I’ll probably be doing this. It's just so easy to start rumours."

The veteran rocker also praised two of the acts supporting him on his current tour – Thievery Corporation and MGMT.

"Tonight [August 1] we're playing Washington and we have Thievery Corporation, this local group, opening up. And MGMT [who open McCartney's two Boston Fenway Park shows on August 5-6], well, I just happen to like them."

Music, to me, is the joy, right? I love my kids most of the time, and I love my wife most of the time. Music I love all the time. It's the only constant thing in my life. It's the one thing you can count on. :Keith Richards 1993

&&... &&...
https://www.facebook.com/MARKMMCCOLLUM  
IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #184 - Aug 6th, 2009 at 12:47pm

I read that somewhere...

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #185 - Aug 7th, 2009 at 10:49am
forty years on............

ar.jpg (22 KB | )
ar.jpg

IP Logged

Sweet Louis
Rocks Off Regular

Mick Taylor rules you
bastrads!!!!

Reply #186 - Aug 8th, 2009 at 12:57pm
Paul's Halifax show was cool although his voice sounds much more weakier than it used to be.

She glanced at me all cunning and wise...

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #187 - Aug 8th, 2009 at 1:51pm
Gimme Shelter wrote on Aug 6th, 2009 at 12:41pm:

Paul McCartney has denied claims that he is set to retire after completing his next world tour.

Tabloid reports last week (July 31) stated that the former Beatle was on the verge of announcing details of what would be his last tour, which would apparently see him call at unusual venues including China's Tiananmen Square and Berlin's Checkpoint Charlie.

However, an interview with the Boston Herald saw McCartney laugh off the reports, even comparing them to the notorious 'Paul is dead' rumours that made headlines in 1969.

"All I can say is that I'm not retiring," he confirmed. "It's like 'Paul is dead'. 'No, I'm not,' is all I could say. I did talk about retirement in one sentence in one story and only to say 'No way, Jose.' But someone must have only read part of that one sentence."

McCartney added that he currently wants to continue playing live for as long as possible.

He said: "As long as people want to come and hear me, I’ll probably be doing this. It's just so easy to start rumours."

The veteran rocker also praised two of the acts supporting him on his current tour – Thievery Corporation and MGMT.

"Tonight [August 1] we're playing Washington and we have Thievery Corporation, this local group, opening up. And MGMT [who open McCartney's two Boston Fenway Park shows on August 5-6], well, I just happen to like them."

This is tragic news.

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

Sweet Louis
Rocks Off Regular

Mick Taylor rules you
bastrads!!!!

Reply #188 - Aug 8th, 2009 at 9:14pm
Nellcote wrote on Aug 8th, 2009 at 1:51pm:
Gimme Shelter wrote on Aug 6th, 2009 at 12:41pm:

This is tragic news.

Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

She glanced at me all cunning and wise...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Macca Halifax 07-11-09 DVD ........ ( Stones ) ...
Reply #189 - Aug 9th, 2009 at 10:27am

...... OH MY GOD !!!!!!!

Hello My Stonesian Brothers and Sisters ..............................

Last Evening ( ..... a lovely Hot / Steamy Summer's Night ) we watched the Macca Halifax 07-11-09 DVD and I can NOT Exaggerate perfection . Truly this is the Best Macca YET !!!!!!!!

Run , do not walk , and obtain a copy of this sonic / visual  masterpiece as the current Paul McCartney ' mini - tour ' wraps up in two weeks ( That is right  ... no Chicago , Kansas City , Omaha , Minneapolis , St. Louis or Cleveland dates this run ..... not to mention the lack of ANY West Coast gigs  -- WTF ?! )

Halifax Concert setlist :

01. Drive My Car
02. Jet
03. Only Mama Knows
04. Flaming Pie
05. Got To Get You Into My Life
06. Let Me Roll It/Foxy Lady ending
07. Highway
08. All My Loving
09. The Long And Winding Road
10. My Love (for all the lovers)
11. Blackbird
12. Here Today
13. Dance Tonight
14. Calico Skies
15. Mrs Vanderbilt
16. Eleanor Rigby
17. Sing The Changes
18. Band On The Run
19. Back In The USSR
20. Something
21. I've Got A Feeling
22. Paperback Writer (after a false start song is in "G" and Paul started in "A'
He apologized that it was his fault, but it was ok, it was his show. Rusty added, it's your song...)
23. A Day In The Life/Give Peace A Chance
24. Let It Be
25. Live And Let Die
26. Hey Jude

First Encore
27. Day Tripper
28. Lady Madonna
29. Mull Of Kintyre
30. I Saw Her Standing There

Second Encore
31. Yesterday
32. Helter Skelter
33. Get Back
34. Sgt. Pepper Reprise/The End

2 hours and 40 minutes... " YES !!!! "

Joeykins

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Re: Macca Halifax 07-11-09 DVD ........ ( Stones )
Reply #190 - Aug 9th, 2009 at 1:12pm
Where did you get the DVD from Joey? didn't this just happen not long ago, is it a torrent that you can download?

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #191 - Aug 9th, 2009 at 4:39pm
not to mention the lack of ANY West Coast gigs  -- WTF ?! )

He must be using Bruce Springsteen's map of the US....The one where the west coast is left off. Oh no! not you again

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

riffkeither
Rocks Off Regular

Gimme Some Neck !!

France Marseille
Reply #192 - Aug 9th, 2009 at 4:59pm
i got this ,it's a incredible one , really the best gig ever filmed from sir McCartney Nanker

I've dealt with my ghosts and I've faced all my demons...
I'm movin' on

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Re: Macca Halifax 07-11-09 DVD ........ ( Stones )
Reply #193 - Aug 9th, 2009 at 5:24pm
Heart Of Stone wrote on Aug 9th, 2009 at 1:12pm:
is it a torrent that you can download?

Yes, it's out there...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #194 - Aug 9th, 2009 at 5:27pm
" i got this ,it's a incredible one , really the best gig ever filmed from sir McCartney "

150,000 people going crazy for MACCA !!!!!!!!!

The band is on FIRE !!!!!!!!

" Mull of Kintyre , Ronnie ! "

O'kins ! ™

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #195 - Aug 9th, 2009 at 9:13pm
Joey wrote on Aug 9th, 2009 at 5:27pm:
" i got this ,it's a incredible one , really the best gig ever filmed from sir McCartney "

150,000 people going crazy for MACCA !!!!!!!!!

The band is on FIRE !!!!!!!!

" Mull of Kintyre , Ronnie ! "

O'kins ! ™

By RAPHAEL G. SATTER, Associated Press Writer Raphael G. Satter, Associated Press Writer – Sat Aug 8, 10:32 pm ET
LONDON – Hundreds of Beatles fans swarmed Abbey Road on Saturday, singing songs and snarling traffic to mark 40 years since John, Paul, George and Ringo strode across the leafy north London street and into the history books on iconic pop photos.

The famous photo graced the cover of the Fab Four's "Abbey Road," the last album recorded together, and shows the bandmates walking purposefully across the zebra-striped asphalt.

It remains one of music's best-known album covers, endlessly imitated and parodied. Although the shoot itself only took a few minutes, so carefully studied was the cover for signs and symbolism that some die-hard fans came to the conclusion that Paul McCartney — who appears barefoot and out of step with the rest — had secretly died.

McCartney himself made fun of the bizarre conspiracy in the title of his 1993 concert album, "Paul is Live."

Conspiracies aside, the ease with which fans can imitate the scene has drawn throngs of tourists to the site every day, turning the street into "a shrine to the Beatles," said Richard Porter, who owns the nearby Beatles Coffee Shop and organized Saturday's event.

Crowds spilled into the street, cameramen jostled for angles, and exasperated drivers honked their horns.

"I didn't expect so many people to be here," said German visitor Tschale Haas, 50, who was dressed in a Sgt. Pepper jacket.

Abbey Road, which cuts through London's well-to-do neighborhood of St. John's Wood, is home to the eponymous studios where the group recorded much of its work.

The group decided to shoot the photograph in August 1969 while recording music for the last time together. For the shot, photographer Iain Macmillan stood on a stepladder and police held up traffic while the Beatles walked back and forth across the street.

The enduring popularity of the site has caused headaches for local authorities, who have had to move the Abbey Road street sign up out of reach to prevent theft and repaint the wall every three months to hide fans' graffiti

IP Logged

Moonisup
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #196 - Aug 11th, 2009 at 5:51am
he really has a great band that could cover for him sometimes,

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #197 - Aug 12th, 2009 at 9:20am

< ------ Saw the Macca Halifax 07-11-09 DVD once again . Truly , TRULY this is the BEST MACCA YET !!!!!!!!

Concur Litle Fella ( Lil' Fijikins ....oh , ......... OH Little Fiji ... Lil' Fijikins )

" Hit Me Ronnie ! "

Joe Sea Scroll ! 

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #198 - Oct 17th, 2009 at 7:20am
New Macca Live Album coming out, for those that are interested, I know Joey is.
http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/News/Paul-McCartney-Reveals-101/

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #199 - Oct 17th, 2009 at 11:10am
" New Macca Live Album coming out, for those that are interested, I know Joey is.
http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/News/Paul-McCartney-Reveals-101/

< ----- Damn Straight !!!! Joey has been walking around with his penis sticking out for WEEKS now .

Oh Lil' Fella ..... Why ?!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)