Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
MetLife Stadium East Rutherford, NJ I - May 23, 2024 - Setlist, Photos, Videos, Reviews etc (Read 1,611 times)
ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: MetLife Stadium East Rutherford, NJ - - May 23, 2024 - Setlist, Photos, Videos, Reviews etc
Reply #25 - May 24th, 2024 at 8:37am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

the first of my videos I managed to upload, with the rest I gotta wait til I have better connection, this Holafly esim sucks and the hotel (albeit 4 stars) doesn't have free wifi Roll Eyes

But some of my impressions of the show summed up:

amazing crowd in Pit A, people were already dancing during the opening act! Everyone also was very nice and respectful, no rude comments oe pushing or anything (unlike e.g. Vienna 2 years ago) also there seemed plenty of people in the Pit but it wasn't too crowded, we had a lot of room to move and dance after we made it to exactly the spot we wanted to be, maybe like 3 rows behind the likes of Hendrik Mulder and Matt Lee (whom we were a little surprised to see after all) very close to the catwalk (the entire stadium was pretty full in the end except for some sole seats I guess)

At first I liked the opening act (2 songs or so) but then it got too fucking weird for my taste...

The Stones were fucking amazing as always! I was so so so happy and thankful to be able to see them again, I just love to see them perform and be all excited and happy about what they're doing, they all seemed very happy, loads of smiles, it was great to witness <3

Highlights: getting to hear 6 songs I haven't heard live before (Get Off Of My Cloud, Shattered, Mess It Up, Angry, SSOH, Little T&A) so imo the setlist was a pretty solid one and a noce surprise getting to hear Shattered!

Keith's voice sounded incredible! I was disappointed af when Wild Horses won the vote song even tho it was to be expected, but the disappointment vanished as soon as Keith startes to sing background vocals, I just love to hear him and Mick together <3 and he did really reallt well on his 2 songs, I literally went like WOW at one point during You Got The Silver, might be one of the best versions I've heard him do so far. Also his guitar playing was on point! No mess up on SMU, also all his other parts were really great, he sat down a lot towards the end of the show but it totally helps him to play better!

Miss You! I never thought I'd say that because it was my most hated warhorse live so far but omg...they really elevated the song by Keith actually raking it seriously and not as a break and Mick playing the harp on it, I loved it a lot!! Also a very cute moment when Mick tried to coax Keith to come onto the catwalk with him during the song, it was sweet to see them like that <3

Mess it Up! It was soooo fun to get to hear it live, really awesome to dance to, people seemed to enjoy it Cheesy

Chanel, she is fucking incredible, her voice is SO much more impressive than Sasha Allen's...it's totally deserved to give her spotlight on 2 songs, Gimme Shelter was so much more enjoyable with her and the only downside of SSOH was that they just played the short version, what a pity...

"lowlights" (just calling it like that but I actually fully enjoyed the show): them not playing Tell Me Straight after soundchecking it not only once but twice...so hopefully they'll do it on Sunday and this was just a rehearsal for Keith since the last time he rehearsed that song was the soundcheck in Houston, so let's hope for the best

Wild Horses winning the song vote...even if I enjoyed the song as soon as Keith started singing, imo they shouldn't have put it up for vote in the first place after already playing it in Seattle, so fucking boring...especially with Depending on You and Worried About You up for vote...hoping for something better on Sunday

Rambler not being in the setlist...something's jist missing for me but that's probably just me because I enjoy their more blues-y stuff so much...but overall the setlist could have been worse I guess xD

I'll hopefully be able to post some more videos (and pics) soon and meanwhile I'm SO looking forward to Sunday even if we still need tickets  Grin

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Re: MetLife Stadium East Rutherford, NJ - - May 23, 2024 - Setlist, Photos, Videos, Reviews etc
Reply #26 - May 24th, 2024 at 10:26am
Thanks a lot for the review and the video!

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #27 - May 24th, 2024 at 10:42am
From Ronnie: 🔥What  a night in East Rutherford, NJ! Thank you to everyone who came😎🎸

Two videos: https://x.com/ronniewood/status/1793889417335308309

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #28 - May 24th, 2024 at 11:04am
Some pix by Marcelo Quatraro, co-moderator of our message board in Spanish

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #29 - May 24th, 2024 at 11:07am
Posted on the official account:

IP Logged

scope
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #30 - May 24th, 2024 at 11:08am
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on May 23rd, 2024 at 12:57pm:
22 years ago we had our own preparty before the show at the Giants' Stadium 2002

PLEASE: Those who have pictures of this and the one before MSG send them to me, I want to have them in better quality, here one of them, I have many of all of us, but all in poor resolution/quality

Damn, I can't find a single picture in my photo library.  I had to have taken some.  I'll keep looking.  I had photo library issues awhile back and maybe there is another folder hidden somewhere.  I could swear I had a picture of someone singing into the sole of his shoe  Grin
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2024 at 12:34pm by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland »  

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #31 - May 24th, 2024 at 12:38pm
haha thnat was me!! But as far as I know there ain't no pictures of that moment

BTW, I edited your message the only thing missing was closing the quote

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #32 - May 24th, 2024 at 1:40pm
Gimme Shelter, with thanks to Matt Lee

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #33 - May 24th, 2024 at 1:40pm
Shattered... Shidoobee!

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #34 - May 24th, 2024 at 1:54pm
The Rolling Stones N.J. concert review: An inhuman display, no farewells here

Updated: May. 24, 2024, 12:12 p.m.|Published: May. 24, 2024, 10:09 a.m.

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2024/05/the-rolling-stones-nj-concert-review-an...

The Rolling Stones perform at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ on Thursday, May 23, 2024.Al Mannarino | For NJ Advance Media

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #35 - May 25th, 2024 at 1:55pm

managed to upload another vid this morning Smiley

Also after loads of trouble with the resale sites and a very stressful morning, we finally got pit A tickets for tomorrow after all Cool now hoping for Heartbreaker winning song vote and Keith finally playing Tell Me Straight!

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #36 - May 25th, 2024 at 4:21pm
Thanks ROnnie!

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #37 - May 25th, 2024 at 4:22pm
Some pix by Chris Spiegel

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #38 - May 26th, 2024 at 12:50pm
Watching this on Youtube- Dudes on fire!

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #39 - May 26th, 2024 at 3:19pm
New Jersey Round 2 Tonight! 📸: J. Bouquet

IP Logged

Goo
Rocks Off Regular

USA
Reply #40 - May 28th, 2024 at 5:05am
Great reviews sounds like the best show of the tour so far

IP Logged

Stoned In Staten Island
Rocks Off Regular

Cold Italian Pizza

2000 Light Years from Home
Re: MetLife Stadium East Rutherford, NJ I - May 23, 2024 - Setlist, Photos, Videos, Reviews etc
Reply #41 - May 28th, 2024 at 12:19pm
Gotta say, this may be the best live Shattered I've ever heard. Mick kept up, Keith kept up, Ronnie and Steve held it together. Amazing at their age. I remember it sounding like a funeral dirge when they did it in 2018.

Also, the two year break has breathed new life in IORR. Keith's really going for it these days on that one.

WWW https://www.facebook.com/anthony.nasti  
IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Re: MetLife Stadium East Rutherford, NJ I - May 23, 2024 - Setlist, Photos, Videos, Reviews etc
Reply #42 - Jun 6th, 2024 at 10:44am
https://www.instagram.com/p/C73aF88ger3/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/C74TIwLtHET/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Going through my pictures and posting the best ones step by step...here two of Mick at Metlife 1

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #43 - Jun 6th, 2024 at 10:48am
Stoned In Staten Island wrote on May 28th, 2024 at 12:19pm:
Gotta say, this may be the best live Shattered I've ever heard. Mick kept up, Keith kept up, Ronnie and Steve held it together. Amazing at their age. I remember it sounding like a funeral dirge when they did it in 2018.

Also, the two year break has breathed new life in IORR. Keith's really going for it these days on that one.

Omg you are SO right about IORR!! When they started playing it semi-regularly this tour I already was dreadiing to hear it at the shows I was going to because I hated it in 2018 but actually this timd around I REALLY enjoyed it!

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #44 - Jun 6th, 2024 at 10:57am
Oh I forgot...last night I finally managed to post those of my Metlife 1 vids that I couldn't while staying in NYC seeing how our 4 star hotel had no free wifi (American capitalism  Roll Eyes )

Here:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)