Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Is everyone still here? (Read 163 times)
Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

They'll Never Make a Saint
of Me!

2000 light years from home
Is everyone still here?
Nov 5th, 2023 at 9:13am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
I'd heard it speculated that if the members of the Beatles got together with the Stones on an album, that the Earth was likely to collapse into a singularity. I guess they were wrong. Unless this is all some kind of end-of-life delusion I'm having as I'm being sucked into a black hole. (You'd think I could be nicer to myself if this is just a delusion.)

Anyway, it's near the end of 2023, the Stones have a new album and the Beatles have a new single out. I don't know what to think. Maybe the Doctor crashed the TARDIS into something again.

BDSM in Classic Rock thread

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: Is everyone still here?
Reply #1 - Nov 5th, 2023 at 7:08pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Yes, Freya, it’s at least a coincidence of cultural note, maybe an important blip in the space-time continuum and – even possibly – a key moment of humanoid existence (or non-existence) when, just for instance, Brian Jones played his saxophone-part for ‘You Know My Name’ on the very day, in June 1967, that McCartney had his hair trimmed slightly. And furthermore that it was released, on the b-side of the single ‘Let It Be’, on the very very day,. In March 1970 – that Lee Marvin was No.1 in the UK with Wandrin’ Star, a tune which kept The Beatles out of the No. 1 slot. 
Let It Be indeed. It sends mystical shivers major up one’s trousers.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)