Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Mess It UP new single (Read 2,375 times)
Roll Me
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Mess It UP new single
Oct 6th, 2023 at 5:12pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
according to Mick on Sirius radio with Mark Goodman today Mess It Up is the next single on 10/17
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2023 at 6:20am by Roll Me »  

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Re: Mess It UP new single
Reply #1 - Oct 6th, 2023 at 7:42pm

Thanks for the info ..

Does anyone have a transcript?

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #2 - Oct 7th, 2023 at 12:13am
or a link with the interview? (I read on IORR it comes out on the 17th)

Tbh I'm a bit stunned they'd release a 3rd single only 3 days before the actual album comes out but wow...they're giving us so much, it's exciting!

IP Logged

Roll Me
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #3 - Oct 7th, 2023 at 6:20am
yes the 17th

IP Logged

redlands
Rocks Off Regular

Sweden
Reply #4 - Oct 7th, 2023 at 6:32am
MJ & Mark Goodman:
https://we.tl/t-yfcqbxLdQr
Cheers  Smiley

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #5 - Oct 7th, 2023 at 7:02am
Thanks a lot! Not really any news mentioned here except for the new single being out on the 17th but I'm thrilled we'll get yet another one before the whole album comes out!

by the way I still don't fully believe that the never-announced summer tour this year was only due to the vinyls not being ready, they don't plan an entire tour, have everything, including Ticketmaster links, set up just to pull back 2 days prior to the announcement, if the vinyl situation is as dire as they say, it's something that should be well known by now (which I understand it is since e.g. Taylor Swift was said to have had a similar issue with her album) and then they would never have planned things out til the end in the first place, but they did...I still think Mick had something minor like a sprained ankle or something that still would have prevented him from doing his full 8 week work-out in time prior to rehearsals and then probably the vinyl isssue just also came on top of it...

IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #6 - Oct 7th, 2023 at 9:33am
You'd think their arses were in flames, the way they can nimbly locomote in those hermetic trousers sometimes. Happy volant days..

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #7 - Oct 7th, 2023 at 7:12pm
ronnie-woody wrote on Oct 7th, 2023 at 7:02am:
Thanks a lot! Not really any news mentioned here except for the new single being out on the 17th but I'm thrilled we'll get yet another one before the whole album comes out!

by the way I still don't fully believe that the never-announced summer tour this year was only due to the vinyls not being ready, they don't plan an entire tour, have everything, including Ticketmaster links, set up just to pull back 2 days prior to the announcement, if the vinyl situation is as dire as they say, it's something that should be well known by now (which I understand it is since e.g. Taylor Swift was said to have had a similar issue with her album) and then they would never have planned things out til the end in the first place, but they did...I still think Mick had something minor like a sprained ankle or something that still would have prevented him from doing his full 8 week work-out in time prior to rehearsals and then probably the vinyl isssue just also came on top of it...

Maybe .. but I think as the album yielded results that they loved so much they may have decided to focus on marketing it all on its own platform versus putting a tour behind it. Do press .. interviews .. etc etc. Perhaps they did not want a tour to take away from the marketing hype of the new album. One might say well woudn't a tour help the album ...Well .. Mmmmm Not necessarily. It might feel like same old same old with that routine from them and times have changed since the last 15-25 years and not have enough space along side a tour. It may have degraded the perception of the album. Even though Mick did mention initially before the album was made he told Keith they should tour it. However that was before they started recording. At the time he thought it may have needed a tour and now after recording he doesnt and it will be a product all on its own?

I think the delay in release changed that notion. I think they wanted it showcased well before the tour and all on its own merit after things were yielding the results in the studio that they were.

My understanding was the band should do one big thing a year .. in their late age and they select it for that ..
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2023 at 7:17pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

They'll Never Make a Saint
of Me!

2000 light years from home
Reply #8 - Oct 8th, 2023 at 4:48am
I really like Angry. Hope this is a good one too.

BDSM in Classic Rock thread

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #9 - Oct 11th, 2023 at 9:26am
Disco huh?

IP Logged

ThomasOliver
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #10 - Oct 15th, 2023 at 12:37pm
Just noticed that tomorrow 1.55pm UK time the music channel MTV 90s schedule says The Rolling Stones: Brand New Vid!  I assume it's for the Mess it Up which is supposed to be scheduled for release on Tuesday.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #11 - Oct 15th, 2023 at 6:20pm
Must be a Tuesday release. Its now Monday in the UK and its not on spotify yet

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #12 - Oct 15th, 2023 at 8:18pm
Gazza wrote on Oct 15th, 2023 at 6:20pm:

It is early .. but why did they ruin a good song with such a light and silly chorus.

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #13 - Oct 16th, 2023 at 1:24am
Ian Billen wrote on Oct 15th, 2023 at 8:18pm:

It is early .. but why did they ruin a good song with such a light and silly chorus.

Bless...I hate the chorus, the lyrics in general tbh, it's such stupid pop-radio crap, I wish Keith would have gotten his will and they had picked another song instead, this is literally the only song I just cannot get myself to listen to cause it annoys me so much that I know I will skip it...sad...could have been an album on which every song was great but then they had to bring on that one  Roll Eyes

but I guess you can't always get ehat you want and all the other songs are really so amazing, I cried and had goosebumps while listening and it all made me so emotional I couldn't sleep...

IP Logged

Goo
Rocks Off Regular

USA
Reply #14 - Oct 16th, 2023 at 5:59am
The title tho

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #15 - Oct 16th, 2023 at 6:32am

Its not early. Once its after midnight on the release day, it should be available in whatever time zone you happen to be in.

... ... ...
IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #16 - Oct 16th, 2023 at 6:36am
But on the day SSoH was released you could only click on it on Spotify after 5pm BST, the time when they officially released it, so I guess we'll see what happens but I guess MTV got it wrong, Mick wouldn't publically announce the wrong day on the radio, he isn't an amateur, of course it's gonna come out tomorrow...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #17 - Oct 16th, 2023 at 6:59am
I was able to get SSOH on spotify right after midnight in the UK

Anyway, 'Mess it up' still not available and so 17th it is, I guess.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #18 - Oct 16th, 2023 at 7:20am

My Spotify has a single from Oct 13...Stray Cat Blues...WTF??

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #19 - Oct 16th, 2023 at 10:50am
ABKCO doing what they've done on a regular basis since 1971 - trying to cash in on a new Stones release by rehashing old product

... ... ...
IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #20 - Oct 16th, 2023 at 7:57pm
Gazza wrote on Oct 16th, 2023 at 10:50am:
ABKCO doing what they've done on a regular basis since 1971 - trying to cash in on a new Stones release by rehashing old product

I know... every time The Stones come out with something major they conjure up something ... (besides the break through / special Forty Licks thing).

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #21 - Oct 16th, 2023 at 10:30pm
ronnie-woody wrote on Oct 16th, 2023 at 1:24am:

Bless...I hate the chorus, the lyrics in general tbh, it's such stupid pop-radio crap, I wish Keith would have gotten his will and they had picked another song instead, this is literally the only song I just cannot get myself to listen to cause it annoys me so much that I know I will skip it...sad...could have been an album on which every song was great but then they had to bring on that one  Roll Eyes

but I guess you can't always get ehat you want and all the other songs are really so amazing, I cried and had goosebumps while listening and it all made me so emotional I couldn't sleep...

I hear ya mate. They could have did better than that you'd think. It got a sweet verse .. yet The Chorus is just so weak / stupid .. especially since it has The Rolling Stones name on it. I am surprised Keith gave in to that one. He is getting soft in his age against Mick's wishes I've noticed and this is another prime example.

Perhaps he simply went with the program because Mick was into really making an album and concentrating on The Stones at that point. He still should have drawn the line or tried to ask for a different Chorus and a bit different production .. Perhaps we will grow to at least 'accept it' as just a not so great Stones track .. versus something that just doesn't belong and is stupid. I mean .. like I say .. the verse is real good. The Chorus and that break / Middle eight is .. just bad as far as who the Stones are / represent... It is Two steps too far.

Well .. perhaps we need a clunker .. or 'semi-clunker' to appreciate the rest? Excellent records by various artists have had one or two sub-par songs through the years .. I guess we will have to look at it that way.
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2023 at 10:32pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #22 - Oct 17th, 2023 at 12:52am
Ian Billen wrote on Oct 16th, 2023 at 10:30pm:

I hear ya mate. They could have did better than that you'd think. It got a sweet verse .. yet The Chorus is just so weak / stupid .. especially since it has The Rolling Stones name on it. I am surprised Keith gave in to that one. He is getting soft in his age against Mick's wishes I've noticed and this is another prime example.

Perhaps he simply went with the program because Mick was into really making an album and concentrating on The Stones at that point. He still should have drawn the line or tried to ask for a different Chorus and a bit different production .. Perhaps we will grow to at least 'accept it' as just a not so great Stones track .. versus something that just doesn't belong and is stupid. I mean .. like I say .. the verse is real good. The Chorus and that break / Middle eight is .. just bad as far as who the Stones are / represent... It is Two steps too far.

Well .. perhaps we need a clunker .. or 'semi-clunker' to appreciate the rest? Excellent records by various artists have had one or two sub-par songs through the years .. I guess we will have to look at it that way.

Yes, tbh I give you right with all you said above...I think I'm just a bit upset about the Stones being associated with what essentially is a modern day club track BUT when re-listening to that Planet Radio show yesterday I found out why this is, as I also pointed out in the other thread...Mick literally said he wrote this for and with some big DJ and wanted to give it to him to record but then Don Was told Mick to keep it for the Stones, so if anyone, Don Was is to blame, thank god they got Andy Watt instead lol xD

anyway, it's certainly not the worst song they ever recorded, tbh I can stand some songs on some other of their records less than that one, my main problem is the stupid disco sound of the chorus and break BUT if they choose to play this live, on stage they won't have those stupid studio mix effects and stuff, just their instruments, ao actually I think live this song could be pretty good! They could play it instead of Miss You, since frankly, after getting to listen to Miss You 6 times on tour last year, I'm kinda sick of it, it's overplayed, if they didn't drag it out so long it would be better, they're waating time that they could use to play 2-3 other songs instead

Also about Keith getting softer...I think Mick and Keith both did get softer with age, maybe that's natural, I don't know, but maybe they're also just done and tired with arguing too much, they clearly love each other, Keith said this multiple times alone in the past few interviews, and it's so obvious from the way they are behaving around each other on stage and during that CBS interview, there is a lot of love and respect between them...Ronnie also mentioned that Mick and Keith were very diplomatic about the song choices on the album, going like "okay if you get this one, I get that one" hahaha...so I guess that explains a lot^^

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #23 - Oct 17th, 2023 at 1:19am
ronnie-woody wrote on Oct 17th, 2023 at 12:52am:
Ian Billen wrote on Oct 16th, 2023 at 10:30pm:

Yes, tbh I give you right with all you said above...I think I'm just a bit upset about the Stones being associated with what essentially is a modern day club track BUT when re-listening to that Planet Radio show yesterday I found out why this is, as I also pointed out in the other thread...Mick literally said he wrote this for and with some big DJ and wanted to give it to him to record but then Don Was told Mick to keep it for the Stones, so if anyone, Don Was is to blame, thank god they got Andy Watt instead lol xD ^^

Howdy .. Much-o Appreciate you weighing in here as always. Well .. I agree with everything you say for the most part and def see your points but bolded above. Don Was is ..'not'... to blame .. Andrew Watt is to blame. I mean... u kno ... AW put the song on the album and produced it didn't he? .. Perhaps the effects you mention were all his? Mick initially indicated (basically said) he didn't think it was a Rolling Stones song in the first place when discussing the songs possibilities with Don Was. So one would think Andrew Watt .. who was in charge would be able to convince Mick he was spot on in the first place about the tune.

Can't blame Don Was  .. because Andrew Watt chose the songs they were to work on out of the 100 ideas they had going in if you remember .. and as well .. Andrew Watt's name is on it.. not Don Was. Jussss bein real.

In knowing Don Was and his stuff ... I honestly don't think Don Was would of had this so light / weak in the chorus and so disco-dance pegged. It might have been a stronger track or a bit different with him producing it? Just a thought.

Still at the end of the day Andrew Watt chose it and had more say in it than Don Was ever did .. he produced it and it was released it under his name. Jus my way of thinking .. especially after Mick initially didn't think it was Stones material either.

IB

Whatcha think?
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2023 at 1:23am by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #24 - Oct 17th, 2023 at 1:56am
mate I was literally joking, that's why I added "lol" and "xD" at the end of that sentence about Don Was that you bolded, of course I know he didn't have any influence on what ultimately ended up on the record, as you pointed out above^^

Mick wanted that song in the end and Keith let him have it that's why we have it now, but as I said, I can very well imagine that it doesn't sound so cheap nice, so I'm very curious to see whether they end up playing it live...

Tbh I am so curious in general which songs they're gonna play live, I hope SSoH in any case just because it would be epic...Depending on You would work nicely live as well and Dreamy Skies for the slower song section, of course hopefully Keith will play Tell Me Straight and Whole Wide World would be amazing too I think...don't think Angry would work well, it has an odd speed to be played live
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2023 at 1:57am by ronnie-woody »  

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #25 - Oct 17th, 2023 at 7:04am
We are now at the ~72 hour mark!! (Planetary location  aside.)

IP Logged

Poplar
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #26 - Oct 17th, 2023 at 10:51am
Last single popped up at 9 AM West Coast time. Same thing this time around?

We're fresh out of beer,&&could you answer the phone?&&well if you call this bliss&&well i'm leaving home

IP Logged

Poplar
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #27 - Oct 17th, 2023 at 11:01am
Welp, guess not.

We're fresh out of beer,&&could you answer the phone?&&well if you call this bliss&&well i'm leaving home

IP Logged

ThomasOliver
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #28 - Oct 17th, 2023 at 11:28am
Doesn't look like it's happening.

IP Logged

Poplar
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #29 - Oct 17th, 2023 at 11:53am

Stones publicity machine just said “F it” and decided to take the day off. lol.

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #30 - Oct 17th, 2023 at 12:20pm
I keeps checking Spotify. Nothing!

IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #31 - Oct 17th, 2023 at 12:33pm
As Woody Allen once said years ago (and MJ too?)
"I beg you to get therapy".

As long as you have a larf or two on the leather [couch], guvnor.
Harpy Days.

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #32 - Oct 18th, 2023 at 3:40am
ronnie-woody wrote on Oct 17th, 2023 at 1:56am:
mate I was literally joking, that's why I added "lol" and "xD" at the end of that sentence about Don Was that you bolded, of course I know he didn't have any influence on what ultimately ended up on the record, as you pointed out above^^

Mick wanted that song in the end and Keith let him have it that's why we have it now, but as I said, I can very well imagine that it doesn't sound so cheap nice, so I'm very curious to see whether they end up playing it live...

Tbh I am so curious in general which songs they're gonna play live, I hope SSoH in any case just because it would be epic...Depending on You would work nicely live as well and Dreamy Skies for the slower song section, of course hopefully Keith will play Tell Me Straight and Whole Wide World would be amazing too I think...don't think Angry would work well, it has an odd speed to be played live

Ohhh Hahahah .. Now I gotcha. I mean DW started that ball rolling sure but Andrew Watt kicked it through the window (and made Hackney Diamonds... << See what I did there o: ) .. Not Was. Hahahah but yes now I get you were just funnin. Best to blame the guy who's not in the room or who couldn't make the party ha .. I get it Cheesy

I will say the song is at least getting a bit better. Still think they could have did better with it .. but you know.. One subpar tune out of 11 or 12 is damn good. Still gotta hear the whole album and in the order as intended and in good fidelity to finalize any judgment or make a call.

Right now I am only real familiar with around 50-60% of the album.

IB
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2023 at 3:43am by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #33 - Oct 21st, 2023 at 12:30pm
Roll Me wrote on Oct 6th, 2023 at 5:12pm:
according to Mick on Sirius radio with Mark Goodman today Mess It Up is the next single on 10/17

Prolly reading off a typo...likely meant to be the 27th

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #34 - Oct 22nd, 2023 at 10:50am
When the chorus comes along
mess it up mess it up all for you- who is singing that? Is that Jagger backing up Jagger?

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #35 - Oct 22nd, 2023 at 11:39am
Some Guy wrote on Oct 22nd, 2023 at 10:50am:
When the chorus comes along
mess it up mess it up all for you- who is singing that? Is that Jagger backing up Jagger?

Sounds so...probably Keith was so put off by the disco dance vibes that he refused to do the background vocals lmfao xD

IP Logged

Roll Me
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #36 - Oct 22nd, 2023 at 12:34pm
pure speculation.....Ronnie-woody...why fan the flames of negativity?.....enjoy the record.....why you so Angry?

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #37 - Oct 22nd, 2023 at 12:38pm
Roll Me wrote on Oct 22nd, 2023 at 12:34pm:
pure speculation.....Ronnie-woody...why fan the flames of negativity?.....enjoy the record.....why you so Angry?

Mate I literally said lmfao and xD, I obviously was joking lol, I admit in the beginning I was very critical about this song cause of its disco dance chorus and bridge cause I just don't like that kinda stuff but by now it has grown on me a lot and I don't feel the urge to skip it anymore (at least not all the time xD)

(plus Ronnie said in an interview that he had to basically talk Keith into letting Mick have that song, seeing that Keith obviously doesn't like that dance stuff amd synthesizers being used, he is stating that whemever he can, so my joke might not even be THAT far off xD)

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #38 - Oct 23rd, 2023 at 7:40am
What does Mess It Up mean?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)