Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
IORR membership - Trying to pursue it. I want to. What can I do. (Read 2,005 times)
Neverbeenbutshould21
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

IORR membership - Trying to pursue it. I want to. What can I do.
Oct 27th, 2022 at 12:08am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
For nearly four years (will be four this northern hemisphere winter) I have been trying to pursue a membership on IORR.
Over a 2 day span I did have some issues with registration which I was able to get BV to help me solve so I was able to get it set up and join which I did.
After 12 days following being successfully registered I went to log in only to find out I couldn't.
I emailed him once about it and he didn't write back.
I emailed him again and I found out the worst news...........He closed my posting access due to others complaining -- He had no right to because I didn't misbehave. I know I didn't do anything wrong because he didn't give me a warning all that happened was I tried to log in and couldn't. I ask twice for it to be reopened -- one is a reply to the notice of access being closed. After my second request he tells me "the posting access is by invitation only and it's not a public right" and continues to automatically refuse me posting access -- which is wrong. I try him again after some time goes by and again the answer is STILL no & I get the same response "due to reports by others you will not get posting access". Several months of ignored emails/Tweets/Facebook messages -- starting just before Bridges to Bremen is released. End of the year -- soon after Bridges to Buenos Aires is released. I email him again and finally hear back. He accuses me of threats -- BS, I didn't "threaten" in anyway. A week later: Christmas Eve. I try again. Christmas morning -- I wake up, amidst the present opening I check my email and see he wrote back again -- The answer is STILL no. I'm accused of "numerous offensive posts reported by others -- That's not me, offensive comments -- I never said anything derogatory/was never rude or insulting just angry that he took away my posting access when I did not behave inappropriately, personal attacks on him as an editor -- again, I didn't do that all I did was I said I was upset at how suddenly my posting access was taken away when I never did anything wrong". These allegations are ALL LIES. Since then: 34 months onward -- all through COVID + all through the last two tours he's ignored ALL my IG messages/emails/everything else. Even trying to make new accounts with different email addresses is unsuccessful. I am very well behaved on online forums I do not deserve to be terminated. I am not hateful in any way. I don't post anything sexual/sexually suggestive/racist/sexist/antisemitic/homophobic/xenophobic/transphobic. I always think before I post. I'm the true definition of gentleman. I'm not Ye. I am an all around good person in general, I don't support bullying, I do have strong opinions but that doesn't mean I'm a bad person. I don't deserve this discrimination. I will not be made to feel ashamed of who I am. I'm trying really hard to prove my innocence but he just doesn't see it. If I can post on here I can post on there too. I always follow the rules & I will on there too if I could just be given another chance. If anyone knows how to fix this that'll be terrific.

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Re: IORR membership - Trying to pursue it. I want to. What can I do.
Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2022 at 1:38am
Tbh I don't think there is anything else you can do except accepting that it is what it is and stop bothering BV with so many emails.

I had a similar experience (altho I wasn't told that I wrote offensive posts or so, which I obviously also didn't) but about 2 weeks or so after starting to use IORR I couldn't log in anymore and when asking BV about it, he said my IP adress is shown as "dangerous" to him whatever the fuck that means seeing I'm from Germany and other people there are too, so I just said oh that's unfortunate and carried on...ending up here instead and just reading what they post on IORR.

Since he is running the forum and it's a private site, I'm afraid he can controll who gets and keeps access to it even if the acces being revoqued seems really arbitrary but that's for BV to decide, I guess. I still think he's doing a wonderful job with the forum and everything he does for this fandom, no hard feelings about not being able to post there anymore, as long as I can still read Cheesy

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #2 - Oct 27th, 2022 at 8:06am
I was banned as well...made a joke about Charlie (years before his passing).

I asked BV about it IN PERSON...he never followed up...HE's busy, I get it...I just didnt care enough to follow up on it again.

Those maniacs on IORR are such a needy, intolerant and surly bunch.
I dont consider it a loss at all...

Having said that, IORR (BV) seems to have good intel ( for tours/dates venues), and that is what I use the sight for 90% of the time.

Long story short...you're prolly better off, or rather RocksOff

IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLLING
STONES

A Dutchy in Marseille, France
Reply #3 - Oct 27th, 2022 at 8:33am
I would keep emailing BV at least once a day (make that twice to be sure)

And I just know in my heart that one day he will take you to his bosom again and all your racial & sexual comments will be forgiven.

Or you can just hang here and talk shite.
« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2022 at 10:20am by Egon »  

Let the Good times Rolling Stones! - Proud member of Rocks off since 2001 ...

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #4 - Oct 27th, 2022 at 8:52am
Paranoid Android wrote on Oct 27th, 2022 at 8:06am:

Actually, you're right...I'm glad at least multiple times a week that I cannot log on anymore or otherwise I maybe might start a fight over there (and get banned then lol) because some of these people simply don't have any respect towards the band at all...the shit they are talking about Mick, Keith, and Ronnie sometimes is almost unbearable and I wonder why they actually call themselves fans and are active on a fandom website...it's insane...they act like the guys personally owe them when in fact they don't owe any of us anything and we should be fucking glad to have the honour to still get to see them live nowadays...and get a new album soon...I mean who would have thought? But some of these people are apparently incapable of apprecciating that...

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #5 - Oct 27th, 2022 at 9:33am
ronnie-woody wrote on Oct 27th, 2022 at 8:52am:
Paranoid Android wrote on Oct 27th, 2022 at 8:06am:

Actually, you're right...I'm glad at least multiple times a week that I cannot log on anymore or otherwise I maybe might start a fight over there (and get banned then lol) because some of these people simply don't have any respect towards the band at all...the shit they are talking about Mick, Keith, and Ronnie sometimes is almost unbearable and I wonder why they actually call themselves fans and are active on a fandom website...it's insane...they act like the guys personally owe them when in fact they don't owe any of us anything and we should be fucking glad to have the honour to still get to see them live nowadays...and get a new album soon...I mean who would have thought? But some of these people are apparently incapable of appreciating that...

I actually had a different experience.
I find them mean and intolerable of any rmks AGAINST the band or its members.

What (I believe)happened to me:

There was a tread years ago concerning Keef and the fact that is was suspected that his playing
was augmented back stage (or even on stage) by other musicians...
prolly Blondie or similar (this was years ago remember, maybe after the tree incident)...

I chimed in as I recently heard and confirmed that U2 uses a keyboard player
who is under the stage rise or some such during concerts...makes sense, right, no big deal...

Anyway...I made the joke (and clearly it was meant in jest) that Charlie has a back up drummer under the stage...
Well...the board blew up at this sacrilegious comment...and I was unable to log in shortly there afterwards...

BV is such a nice guy...met him twice and we chatted a bit...he is shy and quite...and works hard for his passion of the band.

Now Gazza, on the other hand... Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2022 at 9:38am by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

Neverbeenbutshould21
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #6 - Oct 27th, 2022 at 12:39pm
Egon wrote on Oct 27th, 2022 at 8:33am:

And I just know in my heart that one day he will take you to his bosom again and all your racial & sexual comments will be forgiven.

As I said I didn't say anything racist/sexual.
Is this site a hot spot for disgraced IORR members to hang out?
I did see at least one reply to my post who is also a banned member from there.

IP Logged

Neverbeenbutshould21
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #7 - Oct 27th, 2022 at 12:45pm
ronnie-woody wrote on Oct 27th, 2022 at 1:38am:
Tbh I don't think there is anything else you can do except accepting that it is what it is and stop bothering BV with so many emails.

I had a similar experience (altho I wasn't told that I wrote offensive posts or so, which I obviously also didn't) but about 2 weeks or so after starting to use IORR I couldn't log in anymore and when asking BV about it, he said my IP adress is shown as "dangerous" to him whatever the fuck that means seeing I'm from Germany and other people there are too, so I just said oh that's unfortunate and carried on...ending up here instead and just reading what they post on IORR.

Since he is running the forum and it's a private site, I'm afraid he can controll who gets and keeps access to it even if the acces being revoqued seems really arbitrary but that's for BV to decide, I guess. I still think he's doing a wonderful job with the forum and everything he does for this fandom, no hard feelings about not being able to post there anymore, as long as I can still read Cheesy

He had no right to dismiss me because as I said I did no misbehave.
When I brought my issue forward on the reddit group I was told to try a new account which I have but those requests have been ignored.

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #8 - Oct 27th, 2022 at 1:21pm
@Neverbeenbutshould21 yes, I do believe you that you didn't post anything rude or offensive, that wasn't what I wanted to insinuate...I just meant that since IORR is a private site run by one person, it's his right to let post whomever HE wants to post...we don't have to understand his reasoning but I guess all we can do is to accept it, if making a new account doesn't work (I didn't try that because at the end of the day I guess I'm better off not being able to post there) 

@Paranoid Android, this is very interesting, apparently we made completely different experiences on IORR but I suppose maybe you have been around there longer to read more of that^^

I was referring to all that crap multiple people wrote especially during last year's tour...I do understand justified complaint and criticism, like e.g. about the setlist...but bashing band members' choice of clothing or hairstyle is just fucking ridiculous...some people there literally were complaining about every single thing Keith did...and being mean to Ronnie, when the poor guy literally just survived another round with cancer and went through rough chemo and radiation, we should all be glad that he even still is with us and still can play the guitar, I personally know people who went through chemo and it damaged the nerves in their hands...

IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

STONES

Reply #9 - Oct 28th, 2022 at 7:18am
Neverbeenbutshould21 wrote on Oct 27th, 2022 at 12:39pm:
Egon wrote on Oct 27th, 2022 at 8:33am:

As I said I didn't say anything racist/sexual.
Is this site a hot spot for disgraced IORR members to hang out?
I did see at least one reply to my post who is also a banned member from there.

I was being ironic....

This is a place where anyone who's been disgraced, anywhere on the world wide web, will find refuge.

you can even tell the moderators to go F themselves and they still won't ban you. (*)

Just don't get on Joey's bad side. He's from Omaha, need I  say more...

(*) WOG and on your own risk though.

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #10 - Oct 28th, 2022 at 7:33am
VooDoo can correct me...but I think it was one of/some of the IORRers that called ROCKSOFF
a place where the members are dirty and inappropriate and have too many unrelated threads to the Stones...or something like that...

They are wound up so tight over there...

My fave forums are the city/show specific forums where folks ask the lamest questions about venues,
cities, transportation, hotels etc...when they can simply google the info instantly...thats the needy part...
ex/ "Is there a train station near _____??
What time do the trains/buses stop....How far is it from the city center....
what time do gate open....where is the box office for LD..."

Really, if they know how to type in the forum...they certainly can google that stuff...

Its all the debates about the above answers provided that really crack me up.

Anyway...welcome to RocksOff NBBS21 You rock!...its a great place to be...there is no shaming...and yeah...
tell the moderators (VooDoo and Gazza) to FUCK OFF and you may find
a few folks who will buy you a drink....myself included!!  Let's go get drunk

There is even a FUCK YOU GAZZA emoji if you hit the "more smiles" button below...

Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Ouch!

« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2022 at 7:38am by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #11 - Oct 28th, 2022 at 9:27am
You can prefer us to them or them to us. It's very diplomatic.

IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

STONES

Reply #12 - Oct 28th, 2022 at 10:08am
Some Guy wrote on Oct 28th, 2022 at 9:27am:

nice one SG

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #13 - Oct 28th, 2022 at 10:28am
Egon wrote on Oct 28th, 2022 at 10:08am:
Some Guy wrote on Oct 28th, 2022 at 9:27am:

nice one SG

Elegantly stated, actually

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #14 - Oct 28th, 2022 at 2:10pm
Paranoid Android wrote on Oct 28th, 2022 at 7:33am:
VooDoo can correct me...but I think it was one of/some of the IORRers that called ROCKSOFF
a place where the members are dirty and inappropriate and have too many unrelated threads to the Stones...or something like that...

LOL... the only "unrelated" threads are "the Joey" thread and the "non sense" thread, and yes we have nasty habits, we take tea at three...

Come on! this is Rocks Off, we don't fuck around! it's about the stones, not the Archies, the Monkees or Donnie Osmond

Many of the good regulars there were regulars here in the past, a lot of good fans and friends there.

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Goo
Rocks Off Regular

USA
Reply #15 - Oct 28th, 2022 at 4:06pm
I got kicked off IORR too don’t know why I could care less same with Shidoobee

IP Logged

Sailor
Rocks Off Regular

You nicked my phone

Buenos Aires
Reply #16 - Oct 28th, 2022 at 7:05pm
I have an account but I forgot my password, I can sell it to you

Hannah honey was a peachy kinda girl...her eyes were hazel and her nose was slightly curved

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #17 - Oct 28th, 2022 at 9:55pm
Sailor wrote on Oct 28th, 2022 at 7:05pm:
I can sell it to you

Grin Grin

Blank Frigging Stare

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

Neverbeenbutshould21
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #18 - Oct 29th, 2022 at 2:37pm
Goo wrote on Oct 28th, 2022 at 4:06pm:

Did you inquire about it?
Did you have what I had where you tried to log in and couldn't?

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #19 - Oct 30th, 2022 at 10:11am
You got a lot of knots in your hair
You can't seem to straighten out.
« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2022 at 10:19am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #20 - Oct 31st, 2022 at 7:04am
Neverbeenbutshould21 wrote on Oct 29th, 2022 at 2:37pm:
Goo wrote on Oct 28th, 2022 at 4:06pm:

Did you inquire about it?
Did you have what I had where you tried to log in and couldn't?

Speaking on my behalf, never pursued it past mentioning it directly to BV...
I am sure he is way to busy and , honestly,
I consider myself hardly a speck on his radar...so that is it.

As far as Shidoobee, they had log in issues and I am unable to log in with either of my log-ins...
not a big deal to me. I actually find the site very difficult to navigate.
I am friends with StonesDoug as well...meaning, shared meals with him,
hung out during non-tour periods, pre-gamed, the whole deal.

I can still read the posts, etc and can text members that I am close with as well (Hi Peachy!!).

Don't sweat it, its not that they dont like you personally...
I am happy here...always have been.

IP Logged

Goo
Rocks Off Regular

USA
Reply #21 - Oct 31st, 2022 at 2:24pm
I like it better here at rocks off

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #22 - Oct 31st, 2022 at 2:35pm

IP Logged

Goo
Rocks Off Regular

USA
Reply #23 - Nov 6th, 2022 at 11:06am
Shidoobee is social network, zero info really
Zero insight to the music, more about the prepost party Karaoke
« Last Edit: Nov 6th, 2022 at 11:11am by Goo »  

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #24 - Nov 8th, 2022 at 7:19am
Goo wrote on Nov 6th, 2022 at 11:06am:
Shidoobee is social network, zero info really
Zero insight to the music, more about the prepost party Karaoke

With Gail_on_the_Rail as the party organizer queen, they are always great get togethers!!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)