Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tribute shows for Charlie in NYC by Bernard, Darryl and Tim (August 29, 30 & 31) (Read 1,487 times)
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Tribute shows for Charlie in NYC by Bernard, Darryl and Tim (August 29, 30 & 31)
Jul 22nd, 2022 at 3:55pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Re: Tribute shows for Charlie in NYC by Bernard, Darryl and Tim (August 29, 30 & 31)
Reply #1 - Jul 22nd, 2022 at 3:56pm
Great guests like David Gilmore (not Gilmour, the Pink Floyd member), Randy Brecker and John Patitucci!
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2022 at 5:40pm by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland »  

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Re: Tribute shows for Charlie in NYC by Bernard, Darryl and Tim (August 29, 30 & 31)
Reply #2 - Jul 23rd, 2022 at 4:20pm

IP Logged

Goo
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

USA
Reply #3 - Jul 24th, 2022 at 1:27pm
Sweet

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #4 - Aug 24th, 2022 at 12:20pm
It's coming

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #5 - Aug 25th, 2022 at 9:01pm
I got a ticket for the 30th! Yay but it's kinda like a memorial so it's bittersweet.

I'm wondering if I should wear the Bernard Fowler shirt that he personally gave me 5 years ago, or a vintage Stones shirt that has Charlie's face on it.

Any opinions?

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #6 - Aug 26th, 2022 at 10:52am
this one Bitch!

IP Logged

ijwthstd
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #7 - Aug 26th, 2022 at 4:43pm
I just booked a trip to NY and then I find out this is happening! Hopefully there will be no flight delays etc so I can go.

"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest.&&&&http://www.soundcloud.com/thesameoldsauce
TotallyRandomDan  
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #8 - Aug 30th, 2022 at 2:14pm
So any word on this? I haven't seen anything mentioned online.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #9 - Aug 30th, 2022 at 4:43pm
Checked the news and nothing

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #10 - Aug 30th, 2022 at 5:36pm
I know that Bitch is going to tonight's show (see above). Hopefully she'll let us know how it went.
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2022 at 5:37pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Tom
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #11 - Aug 31st, 2022 at 11:09am
MP3 file posted by daspyknows at IORR, thank you

https://spaces.hightail.com/receive/zJTl3ixvPO

IP Logged

Tom
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #12 - Aug 31st, 2022 at 11:26am
This one posted by Pablo Malasia on YouTube

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #13 - Aug 31st, 2022 at 1:13pm
Hello friends! The Blue Note is a really small and crowded venue with tables and minimum order of $5 but everything is $11 and up so it was $50 for 1 drink and a salad. But it was good, so the doors opened around 6:30 to seat everyone and place your orders. I saw Bernard and Tim before the show and they were nice but “no selfies” so I said “Bernard I’m wearing your shirt” and he gave a big smile and said he doesn’t even have one anymore so he was happy! The show was awesome but not many songs since each song is15 minutes long. Ended at 9:30. Karl Denson was the star of the show for me. This really showcased his talent. He really is great I just never realized it.

IP Logged

ijwthstd
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #14 - Sep 1st, 2022 at 12:10pm
(Karl Denson 2nd show? I just saw him a few weeks ago, would have loved that)

I found some decent prices to go to NYC for a few days, see Roger Waters @ MSG (only went to NYC & MSG first time May look for any excuse to go back), and then found out about the Charlie Watts tributes at the Blue Note, best options 8pm & 10:30 first night assuming no travel snafus but was ready to sacrifice a Roger Waters show if I had to. Everything went smoothly ontime and landed at LaGuardia 5:30pm. After finding my midtown hotel that gave me about an hour to find food and a dispensary and get to the other end of the island.

Backtrack a few days, I went to the This Ain't No Picnic festival in Brookside Park Pasadena on Saturday because I just wanted to see Circle Jerks and Jorja Smith. Outside someone sells me 2 day pass for $80. I really had no idea who was playing 2nd day but the people transferring the tickets says "Be sure to see Sparks tomorrow" WTF, got shut out of their February show because I was vaxxed but not boosted. And Mike Watt & Missingmen, Margaritas Podridas, Tinashe, headlined by The Strokes. So of course I have to go back the 2nd day even though I have a 7am flight and not packed yet.

Get off at 14th street (by memory) then look at my phone and realize I was supposed to get off at 4th and immediately start walking in the wrong direction. After walking in circles thru the village enjoying dispensary treats on 2 hours sleep and Artichoke Basile pizza come rolling up to the front door at 8:10. It had just started and the door said "We're sold out." I could see inside and said "C'mon you gotta have room for just one more" so he charged me $30 and said to stand by the bar.

It was just the first song, couldn't see the stage, immediately a couple by the back window really wants to be friends and it's just blah blah blah but I am able to gradually inch closer. Tim starts to tell a Charlie story but it's quiet enough inside now that it just encourages more chatter. The arrangements were interesting, eventually the talkers bailed out and that was that.

First set:

Honky Tonk Women
Lady Jane
Caravan
Wild Horses
Miss You
A Change Is Gonna Come (Bernard really shined on this)
Satisfaction

about 70-75 mins

To be honest, Bernard's backing vocals grate when they are mixed high but he is an excellent lead vocalist in this setting.

The people around me were annoying enough and I was semi-conscious so I was wondering if it was worth it to see the 2nd show.

Check with box office, 2nd show sold out.

Hit the line and someone sells me a table seat. Meet more cool people. See Alyssa.

When they start seating I am saying how terrible the bar experience is and I get seated 2nd chair from front in front of guitar player. They sell coffee,`and I have half a B12 energy shot. 2nd set much better, can hear everything clearly, see the interaction between the musicians better and the crowd was thoroughly engaged and enjoying the music. Guest percussionist on Miss You that added a lot of depth.

Tim always mentions how this set is endorsed by Charlie Watts, Charlie is the only one who comes to see them and would sometimes join them

The guitarist is working with about 6 inches of floor space and everyone enters thru the crowd and up little tiny steps to the stage. Look at that and I just know, no chance of any "special guests." Yeah whoever shows up just because they think Keith might be there and just blah blah blah deserves to be disappointed but should be tossed out the 2nd start they start to bother the people around them.

Jazz shows are typically 2 sets with intermission but unfortunately NYC jazz clubs sell them as separate tickets. (Went to some shows at Village Vanguard in May)

2nd night set:

Honky Tonk Women
All Or Nothing At All            
Wild Horses
Miss You
Little Red Rooster
Satisfaction
Ruby Tuesday

Fun first night in NYC, more fun nights at the Garden for my 2nd&3rd 2022 Roger Waters shows which was amazing the first time but by the third time the solo material and new songs really start to drag.

Going upstate for a few days then on to Maine then back to NYC and on to Denver.

Let's see reports/setlists/audio/video from the other nights too!

"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest.&&&&http://www.soundcloud.com/thesameoldsauce
TotallyRandomDan  
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #15 - Sep 1st, 2022 at 1:35pm
Thanks for the reviews ijwthstd and Bitch!

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #16 - Sep 1st, 2022 at 8:12pm
Members of The Rolling Stones Touring Band Kick Off Tribute to Charlie Watts at The Blue Note Jazz Club (A Gallery)
August 31, 2022

https://relix.com/blogs/exposed/detail/members-of-the-rolling-stones-touring-ban...

More there

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #17 - Sep 1st, 2022 at 8:26pm
Matt Lee was there

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #18 - Sep 2nd, 2022 at 11:36am
Alexandra Richards on Instagram, with thanks to Rogerriffin

"What a special evening celebrating Charlie Watts 💙 We love and miss him very much. Thank you for putting this together so we all could enjoy jazz just like Charlie did! 💙 One Love!"

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Ch-JF1FDTKA/
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2022 at 11:38am by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #19 - Sep 2nd, 2022 at 1:09pm
thanks, Dan & Ellen.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Tom
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #20 - Sep 4th, 2022 at 5:33pm
Other video

IP Logged

Goo
Rocks Off Regular

USA
Reply #21 - Sep 16th, 2022 at 10:34am
Sounds pretty good blue note is a excellent venue

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)