Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Coming soon... A/V officlal!
Image: A 2-Cassette-Tape-set from a Rocks Off "Tree" we made in 1999. Do you remember "trees"?

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Keith Talk Is Cheap Super Deluxe box set questions. (Read 937 times)
ackydacky1
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Virginia
Keith Talk Is Cheap Super Deluxe box set questions.
Oct 25th, 2020 at 6:55pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Hey everyone
This is my first post but I have been a fan ever since I saw the Stones in Greensboro in 1975. I didnt know there were box sets for Keith's albums till last week. I am now looking for a Talk Is Cheap super deluxe set. Maybe someone can answer my questions as I have been searching sales outlets.
How many of the super deluxe sets were made and did the total amount vary by countries?
How many did he autograph? In my searches, I see his name on the name plate on the front of the wooden case. Are these signitures legit or handstamped?
The signitures I have found are these. One is the back of an album signed to Monkey Man. The other seems to be 100 signed Talk Is Cheap prints. Were these signings of the prints the ones he sold on his store which seems to be long sold out? Did he also autograph a certain amount for other countries? I think these are all the questions I have for this set.
His live set comes out next month and it seems like all autographed ones have sold out. I wonder just what item he signed for this set? Does anyone think that if demand is great that he will sign some more sets? I would hate to miss out on buying an unsigned one if he will sign some more. In reading posts about signed copies of his Life book, what kind of crisis happened over this? Were some signings on this book fake autographs. Any info would be appreciated.
On another topic, did anyone see the Rascals reunion tour in 2013? They sold a book at their shows called The Rascals A Visual Biography, signed and unsigned. I sure would love to buy a copy as I have never seen a copy on ebay. I hope some of you can answer my questions.Thanks. Joey

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Re: Keith Talk Is Cheap Super Deluxe box set questions.
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2020 at 7:05am
First of all, if you are looking to get a good copy of the music, look elsewhere. There's one song that is now chopped off at the end. The CD doesn't sound as good as the original CD. I listened to this remaster once and permanently shelved it due to the chopped off song and poor sound quality.

As far as the quantities are concerned, that's anyone's guess. They never released numbers on it.

I highly suspect that signatures are auto pen. There was a video of Keith signing some, but I'm not buying he did them all.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

ackydacky1
Rocks Off Regular

Virginia
Reply #2 - Oct 26th, 2020 at 11:19pm
Thanks for replying Steel Wheels. I was in Barnes and Noble today and asked them to look up the super deluxe box set. They only wanted 600 for it. Wow, costs more to own an unsigned one than a signed one. I told em I can get one on amazon for only 400 so no thanks. I saw a guy on youtube  take his out of the mailing box and the only thing that looked signed was the name plate on the cover of the wooden box. I just want to get one cause it looks nice. I can get past the sound quality on the disc. I am more excited about the set from the Palladium although it boggles the mind that they cant release the whole show. I much prefer bootlegs over legit releases. I think the big thing these days on live stuff is to cut out all introductions and greetings to the fans and only have the songs. Jimmy Page totally ruined the Yardbirds 68 reissue by cutting out 5 minutes that were on the original album and I definitely prefer watching the Nick Mason concerts on youtube than the one he released. No intros on that one either.
Just heard today that Spencer Davis died. Very sad. He signed 2 of the many Blinds and Shutters signiture sheets that I have. I think this year that 3 of the contributors to that book died.
I dont quite think that I will get a Keith box set on ebay that some want 1600 bucks for. No thanks on that but I will get one soon. Thanks again for replying. Joey

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #3 - Oct 27th, 2020 at 11:57am
The original pressing of the vinyl LP (Virgin Records, black/blue label) is sonically superb.  If you have a turntable, look for a clean copy in used record stores.

The original CBS Records vinyl of Jagger's Primitive Cool is also impressive.  You can use either disc to show off your system to people, and establish the superiority of well made vinyl.
« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2020 at 12:00pm by andrews27 »  

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

ackydacky1
Rocks Off Regular

Virginia
Reply #4 - Oct 27th, 2020 at 11:04pm
Hey Andrews
I bought the album when it first came out over 30 years ago. I even bought several of the U.S. boxes of the Hollywood Palladium and 3 of the Japanese boxes of it that came with the tshirt and extra book. I actually dont have Talk Is Cheap on cd until I get the box set. I am not that serious about how good something should sound. If it sounds good in the car, that's all right by me. I'm 64 and I dont exactly have friends coming by anymore to listen to music or to chill. Just me and the wife. But I do have a theory about how many of the boxes Keith signed. It said on his website that he signed 100 of them. I bet those prints he signed were included in that 100 sets that he signed. In looking at amazon and ebay, I have seen figures that 250 or 300 of those boxes were made in total. I wish someone knew exactly the total.
In looking at some of this board, was there someone named Joey in the past that caused trouble? It certainly aint me cause I did my first post a couple of days ago. Years ago, there were a couple of people that caused trouble on an old and deceased Dave Clark 5 forum that I posted on. This is the first time that I have posted on any site since the Moody Blues were inducted in the hall of fame. I posted on a Moodies forum that thank god the hall finally let Denny Laine be included for induction as he wasnt included in the orignial inductees. Some of the comments were in favor but I couldnt believe how many snobby Moodies fans hated Denny and wished he had never been born. I couldnt believe the hate there. It kinda put me off posting on anything. If it aint Justin Hayward all the way, some Moodies fans dont want to know. Later. Joey

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #5 - Oct 28th, 2020 at 12:19pm
In this day and age, I'd be very dubious about the authenticity of mass produced autographed products unless I witnessed the signature myself.

I seem to recall a bit of fuss on here when 'Life' came out when someone pretty much verified that the hundreds of albums that Keith had apparently signed were autopenned.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #6 - Oct 28th, 2020 at 8:53pm
ackydacky1 wrote on Oct 27th, 2020 at 11:04pm:
I couldnt believe how many snobby Moodies fans hated Denny and wished he had never been born.

Denny Laine had a face like a knot in a plank:

« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2020 at 9:01pm by andrews27 »  

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

ackydacky1
Rocks Off Regular

Virginia
Reply #7 - Oct 29th, 2020 at 11:01pm
Yeah, Denny Laine did have a weird looking face but he did sing pretty well and he did deserve to be inducted into the hall with the Moodies. Even Justin Hayward said that original bassist Clint Warwick also deserved to be inducted. I agree and even though he was dead, it would have been a nice gesture for his family. Definitely Patrick Moraz should have been inducted too. I mean, there were only 8 members of that group. Induct all of them. I did some adding and here is something interesting. Even though the Beatles started before the Stones, the orignial 6 Stones ages have the 6 Beatles (John, Paul, George, Stu, Pete, and Ringo) beat by 3 years. I will have to look for autographed Life books on ebay to see if the signitures look fake to me. I have probably the world's largest collection of Dave Clark Five autographs and I admit that I do have a few fakes in my collection. Not many but a few. Later. Joey

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)