Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, PA - June 11, 2024 © Jini Sachse (SweetVirginia)

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 275 276 277 278 
Send Topic Print
The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside (Read 916,041 times)
Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

They'll Never Make a Saint
of Me!

2000 light years from home
Re: The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside
Reply #6900 - May 21st, 2024 at 9:28pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
It has been suggested that I take over as dictator of planet Earth. Who would suggest such a thing? I did.

Naturally, since I am located in the USA, I will begin here first. After all, I'm a better choice than any orange braying jackass.

What would you like to see in the new regime? Legalized weed? Was already planning it. National health care? I'm going to copy the most successful in the world. Tax the billionaires? You bet! What else?

BDSM in Classic Rock thread

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside
Reply #6901 - May 21st, 2024 at 11:17pm

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #6902 - May 22nd, 2024 at 7:01am
Freya Gin wrote on May 21st, 2024 at 9:28pm:
It has been suggested that I take over as dictator of planet Earth. Who would suggest such a thing? I did.

Naturally, since I am located in the USA, I will begin here first. After all, I'm a better choice than any orange braying jackass.

What would you like to see in the new regime? Legalized weed? Was already planning it. National health care? I'm going to copy the most successful in the world. Tax the billionaires? You bet! What else?

« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2024 at 10:54am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #6903 - May 22nd, 2024 at 7:14am
leonid wrote on May 21st, 2024 at 11:17pm:

<  ------------------ Leonid  ...............  I Love You !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #6904 - May 22nd, 2024 at 8:36am

« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2024 at 9:02am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #6905 - May 22nd, 2024 at 9:29am

< ------------------------- Some Guy, We Never Get Tired Of Winning. Chiefs WILL Three-peat. BET THE FRIGGIN RANCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WIN !!!! WIN !!! WIN !!!:

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2024/5/22/24162358/chiefs-schedule-nfl-reason-kan...

" The NFL’s reason for Chiefs’ erratic schedule isn’t a good one."

" The league realizes the Chiefs have a wild schedule that sees them play every day except Tuesday. "

" Going into the NFL’s release of its 2024 schedule, fans knew that the Kansas City Chiefs would find themselves in some of the league’s most significant showcases. And that was indeed the case, so much so that the reigning back-to-back world champions have games on every single day of the week except Tuesday.

Shortly after the announcement, NFL broadcast planning vice president Mike North called the Chiefs, “Cowboys-level assets,” perhaps the highest compliment in showing how far the organization has come.

North then recently joined ESPN’s Adam Schefter on his podcast to further discuss the schedule and Kansas City.

“Good teams win, bad teams struggle,” said North. “You could give a team that doesn’t have a great roster, the quote-unquote easiest schedule, and they’re still going to go 4-13. You could give the Kansas City Chiefs the worst possible schedule, and some have been saying we did, right? They’re playing every day of the week except a Tuesday. They’ve got multiple short weeks and catch Buffalo off their bye, and Taylor Swift is gonna be there. Like, we maybe gave the Chiefs the hardest schedule in the league. I suspect they’re gonna be there come playoff time.

“These are the kind of things that we’re trying to think about — not just maximizing viewership, fan interest, and attendance and those kind of things, but what are the truly competitive inequities that we really need to be focused on and really need to avoid? I’m not sure we’ve really found that yet.”

Let’s start here: we’re big fans of North here at Arrowhead Pride.

I love the openness with which he discusses the schedule after its release, and I find his team’s process fascinating. I also acknowledge that creating a fair schedule with the amount of money behind the demand for a team such as the Chiefs is not an easy task.

All that said, this point that simply because the Chiefs will be in the postseason anyway probably shouldn’t be the reason that a club with a Week 6 bye has three games in 11 days nine weeks later — and that’s deemed OK.

In my opinion, with this year’s schedule, the league has reached the absolute end of its limit of balancing fairness and television demand — and, for what it’s worth, I do think North goes on to acknowledge that.

“They’ve been our bell cow for a while, right?” North explained of the Chiefs. “They’re kind of used to carrying our water for some of these unique opportunities here. You think about that Peacock playoff game last year. If you want to make Peacock a destination for an NFL playoff game, well, put a Chiefs game there. If Amazon wants to continue to try to build Black Friday into an event, even though it’s not a national holiday, but can we turn it into one — where instead of going to the mall, we’re gonna stay home and watch a game on television at 3 o’clock in the afternoon? Put a Chiefs game there.

“You want to make Christmas on Netflix a thing? Put a Chiefs game there. You can’t go to that well over and over again. There are only so many Chiefs games and obviously, a lot of other really good teams and good stars and storylines in this league. But the Chiefs definitely were not surprised by their national television windows and some of the windows we decided to use them.”

We know what head coach Andy Reid will say about Kansas City’s erratic schedule: nothing, at least publicly.

And North’s right — the Chiefs will once again be in the playoffs and, likewise, probably once again win their rebuilding division.

But at a certain point, and it may not be Kansas City, a team will lose a game or games because of a disproportionate schedule. And maybe it will cost it the postseason.

I would think that would be something the NFL ought to avoid. "

« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2024 at 4:38pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #6906 - May 24th, 2024 at 10:48pm

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #6907 - May 25th, 2024 at 9:26am
Grin Grin Grin

Wow some one else reading the nonsense Grin Grin Grin

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #6908 - May 28th, 2024 at 8:02am

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/27/business/economy/china-us-tariffs.html

" How China Pulled So Far Ahead on Industrial Policy."

" The United States and Europe are trying to catch up to a rival skilled in using all the levers of government and banking to dominate global manufacturing. "

By :  Patricia Cohen, Keith Bradsher and Jim Tankersley

" For more than half a century, concerns about oil shortages or a damaged climate have spurred governments to invest in alternative energy sources.

In the 1970s, President Jimmy Carter placed solar panels on the roof of the White House as a symbol of his commitment to developing energy from the sun. In the 1990s, Japan offered homeowners groundbreaking subsidies to install photovoltaic panels. And in the 2000s, Germany developed an innovative program that guaranteed consumers who adopted a solar energy system that they would sell their electricity at a profit.

But no country has come close to matching the scale and tenacity of China’s support. The proof is in the production: In 2022, Beijing accounted for 85 percent of all clean-energy manufacturing investment in the world, according to the International Energy Agency.

Now the United States, Europe and other wealthy nations are trying frantically to catch up. Hoping to correct past missteps on industrial policy and learn from China’s successes, they are spending huge amounts on subsidizing homegrown companies while also seeking to block competing Chinese products. They have made modest inroads: Last year, the energy agency said, China’s share of new clean-energy factory investment fell to 75 percent.

The problem for the West, though, is that China’s industrial dominance is underpinned by decades of experience using the power of a one-party state to pull all the levers of government and banking, while encouraging frenetic competition among private companies.

China’s unrivaled production of solar panels and electric vehicles is built on an earlier cultivation of the chemical, steel, battery and electronics industries, as well as large investments in rail lines, ports and highways.

From 2017 to 2019, it spent an extraordinary 1.7 percent of its gross domestic product on industrial support, more than twice the percentage of any other country, according to an analysis from the Center for Strategic and International Studies.

That spending included low-cost loans from state-controlled banks and cheap land from provincial governments, with little expectation that the companies they were aiding would turn immediate profits.

And it was accompanied by what the United States and other countries have charged was China’s willingness to skirt international trade agreements, engage in intellectual property theft and use forced labor.

It all combined to help put China in the position today to flood rival countries with low-cost electric cars, solar cells and lithium batteries, as consumers across the wealthy world are increasingly turning to green tech.

China now controls over 80 percent of worldwide production of every step of solar panel manufacturing, for example.

“There’s enormous economies of scale by going big as China did,” Gregory Nemet, a professor of public policy at the University of Wisconsin who has studied the global solar industry. When the investments resulted in overcapacity, suppressing the profitability of China’s companies, Beijing was willing to ride out the losses.

President Biden and European leaders are determined to develop their countries’ manufacturing capacity in advanced technologies like semiconductors, electric vehicles and batteries, in part by adopting some of China’s tactics to nurture industries.

China’s rise to dominate key global manufacturing sectors showed the potential and power of national industrial policy, said Jennifer Harris, a former Biden aide who now leads the Economy and Society Initiative at the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation.

“Was it wasteful? Absolutely,” she said. “Was it successful? Absolutely.”

Mr. Biden and the heads of European governments are more willing to call out Beijing for what they say are illegal practices like purposefully subsidizing excess production and then dumping underpriced goods on other countries.

Beijing denies that it has violated trade rules, contending that its enormous industrial capacity is a sign of success. Xi Jinping, China’s top leader, said this month that China had increased the global supply of goods and alleviated international inflation pressures, while helping the world fight climate change.

Mr. Biden said this month that he would impose tariffs of up to 100 percent on imports of Chinese green technologies including electric vehicles. The aim is to deny China any more of an opening in America.

European officials are expected to impose their own tariffs soon — despite warnings from some economists and environmentalists that the measures will slow progress on meeting clean energy goals. Europe has become more worried about security issues as China has tilted its geopolitical stance toward Russia and Iran.

The West’s embrace of industrial policy is a departure from the ideology of open markets and minimal government intervention that the United States and its allies previously championed.

Policies prompted by the 1970s energy crises were largely reversed when Ronald Reagan was elected president in 1980. Even the solar panels installed at the White House during the Carter administration were removed.

Except for certain security-related industries, the United States adopted the view that an unfettered market always knows best.

“If the end result was that you had to rely on other countries for key parts, that was OK,” said Brad Setser, a senior fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations.

Joseph Stiglitz, an economist at Columbia University, said the United States had long lacked a broader industrial policy and a coordinated strategy.

“Even the Democrats were afraid to take a more aggressive government role,” he said, “and I think that was obviously a big mistake with long-run consequences.”

From the perspective of some Chinese economists, complaints about unfairness from the United States and Europe are a sign of their own governments’ failures.

“The West’s decision to pursue neoliberal economic policies was a strategic mistake, which led to the de-industrialisation of their economies and provided China with an opportunity,” Zheng Yongnian, a professor at Chinese University of Hong Kong, said.

Whatever mistakes were made, political leaders in the United States say they are determined not to repeat them.

Last year, the United States and European Union made “significant inroads” in clean energy technology, according to the International Energy Agency.

And the Biden administration’s multibillion-dollar program is one of the most extensive uses of industrial policy in American history.

Mr. Biden’s tariffs are a targeted escalation of an American trade offensive against China that began under former President Donald J. Trump. Mr. Trump imposed tariffs on imported goods from China valued at more than $350 billion a year, drawing retaliatory tariffs from Beijing. Mr. Biden has kept those tariffs, has added or increased them for clean energy and has raised new barriers to trade with Beijing, including denying China access to advanced semiconductors from the United States.

Mr. Biden’s trade agenda is “very, very aggressive,” said David Autor, a Massachusetts Institute of Technology economist who has extensively documented the effects of trade with China on the American economy, including factory job losses.

In his view, there are critical distinctions between Mr. Biden’s trade strategy and Beijing’s as both nations seek to lead the clean-energy race.

China was more focused on sending low-cost exports to global markets, Mr. Autor said, and preventing foreign firms from dominating China’s domestic markets.

Mr. Biden, he said, is more focused on keeping out imports from China and denying China access to some key American technologies, like advanced semiconductors.

At a meeting last week in Italy of the Group of 7 finance ministers, leaders from both sides of the Atlantic warned that the United States and Europe must coordinate their protectionism and their subsidies if they hoped to catch Beijing in the race to dominate key industries.

“Overcapacity threatens the viability of firms around the world, including in emerging markets,” Treasury Secretary Janet L. Yellen said on Thursday.

“It’s critical,” she added, “that we and the growing numbers of countries who have identified this as a concern present a clear and united front.”

[ Highly Recommended   ---  A GREAT Read !!!!!!  Emperor Xi of Qing II Has No Intention Of  EVER Allowing Taiwan To Remain Democratic !!!!!!! ]

J. " FLY "  Nixon ( Vietnam War Historian )

« Last Edit: May 28th, 2024 at 1:52pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #6909 - May 28th, 2024 at 8:11am

<  ------------------------ VERY Emotional !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :

« Last Edit: May 28th, 2024 at 11:24am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #6910 - May 28th, 2024 at 8:24am

<  ---------------- Tom Brady Can Kiss Me ARSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2024/5/28/24166098/chiefs-news-5-28-tom-brady-cau...

" Arrowheadlines: Tom Brady ‘cautiously optimistic’ about Chiefs’ three-peat chances. "

" If Tom Brady can’t even do it, he’s skeptical whether anyone can.

“To put three of those together, in back-to-back-to-back seasons, with drafting last, a very hard schedule, all of the turnover in free agency and guys continuing to be motivated, it’s a big challenge …” Brady said on Monday’s “The Herd.” “There’s not a 50% chance of that happening. They’re way less than that. Those players are going to show up every day, they’re going to have to put in the work like they have.”

However, he wouldn’t exactly be surprised.

“That’s not to say the Chiefs couldn’t accomplish that. Believe me, everybody would probably put them as one of the odds-on favorites to do it …” he said.

“They have a tremendous coach in Andy Reid, who doesn’t ever look backward,” Brady said. “He’s not going to say, ‘Hey, because we were great last year, we’re going to be great again this year.’ He’s a veteran, experienced, championship-level coach who holds those guys accountable. They’ve got a great quarterback in Patrick [Mahomes], who, as we know, when he’s on the field, he’s as great a football player as there is in the NFL. Travis Kelce, what he can do at the tight end position is really a great safety blanket. Rashee Rice came on as a rookie. [They’ve got] Chris Jones [back]. They’ve got [Steve] Spagnuolo back there as a defensive coordinator.”

“They’ve got a lot of great pieces, but to win it all again is a momentous task.”

« Last Edit: May 28th, 2024 at 11:12am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #6911 - May 29th, 2024 at 9:04am

<  ----------------- Trump / Pompeo 2024 ?! ... !!!!! **** LOYALITY !!!! **** Discuss !!!!!!!!!!!! :

https://www.wsj.com/articles/iran-uranium-stockpile-nuclear-weapons-internationa...

" Iran’s Brisk Walk to a Nuclear Bomb."

" Biden is trying to hide that Tehran is trotting to a weapon at a pace of its choosing. "

By : The Editorial Board

" Iran keeps making substantial progress in its brisk walk to an atomic weapon, a United Nations report leaked Monday suggests, and what are they going to tell us next—that there’s gambling at Rick’s? Yet the Biden Administration wants to hide this scary truth from the world in this election year.

An International Atomic Energy Agency report has concluded that Iran has increased its stockpile of near-weapons-grade uranium to 142.1 kilograms—an increase of 20.6 kilograms since the IAEA’s last estimate in February. This will be enough for three warheads once Iran completes the technologically straightforward process of enriching its hoard to 90% from 60%.

We say “will” rather than “would” since there isn’t serious dispute that Iran intends to join the nuclear-weapons club. But one does need to include the caveat that this is only the enriched uranium the rest of the world knows about. Tehran for years has thwarted the IAEA’s best efforts to fully inspect the nuclear program the mullahs insist they don’t have—one of the great flaws in Barack Obama’s misbegotten 2015 nuclear deal.

You’d think the U.S. would want the IAEA news to be released to pressure the regime. But the Journal reports that the Biden Administration has asked European allies to avoid censuring Iran for these violations of the 2015 pact when the IAEA board meets in June.

Tehran’s nuclear progress has become so alarming it worries France and the United Kingdom, which were enthusiastic participants in the Obama negotiations. But the Administration wants to disguise the truth in order not to provoke Iran by challenging the mullahs on their nuclear program. The White House doesn’t want another new international crisis before the November election.

But what is it that the U.S. fears? That Iran unbound could arm Hamas and Hezbollah to launch genocidal attacks on Israel, or could launch its first-ever direct missile strike against that American ally? That Tehran could arm the Houthi fighters in Yemen as they disrupt global shipping through the Red Sea? Or that the mullahs could send missiles and drones to Russia for use in Ukraine? Or give Shiite militias the green light to attack U.S. troops in Syria, Iraq and Jordan?

Iran has already done all of that in the last year, nuclear censure or no. Downplaying Iran’s nuclear progress doesn’t make the problem go away. President Biden claimed to be better at foreign policy than Donald Trump, who withdrew from the Obama-era nuclear deal with Iran, a pact that faced consistent, bipartisan opposition in Congress. But Mr. Biden’s strategy, if you can call it that, is to let Tehran escalate, escalate and escalate, and then appease, appease and appease.

The significance of the IAEA’s latest report is that while Mr. Biden stalls until November, Tehran won’t. Expect the pace of enrichment to continue. The next Administration, whether led by Mr. Biden or someone else, will inherit an emboldened Iran with more enriched uranium on hand.

One of the Obama pact’s most serious flaws was that it left Tehran free to sprint to a bomb when the deal expired. Thanks to the Biden Administration, the mullahs may now not even need to break a sweat as President Biden allows them to trot toward a nuclear weapon at a pace of their choosing.

Iran’s regime is richer than it was when Mr. Biden took office and stopped enforcing sanctions; more aggressive than it was as Mr. Biden has failed to respond to its terrorism; and much closer to having a nuclear weapon. It’s hard to imagine a more complete policy failure."

« Last Edit: May 29th, 2024 at 11:47am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #6912 - May 29th, 2024 at 9:16am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/opinion-joe-biden-s-2024-election-bribes...

" Opinion | Joe Biden’s 2024 Election Bribes. "

Opinion by: Daniel Henninger

" Joe Biden is fond of spinning yarns from his early political days in Delaware, so he knows the fine American tradition of doling out “walking-around money” to drive turnout. Then there’s the related Democratic Party tradition known as spend and elect. Mr. Biden, a self-avowed traditionalist, surely sees nothing odd in campaigning for the U.S. presidency by handing out money.

Nor, as a traditionalist, do I. But has election politics ever seen spending on such a massive scale for the sole purpose of producing votes? Let’s depart from the cuddlier labels for this phenomenon and call it what it is: Biden’s bribes. Mr. Biden is using the U.S. Treasury the way a 1920s party boss would use the safe behind his desk.

Most polls have indicated for months that the 81-year-old president’s support among younger voters is soft. Worse, their turnout is relatively poor in most elections.

Voilà, the Biden student-loan debt-forgiveness plan. Questions of moral hazard aside, one may argue that with more than 40 million Americans owing about $1.7 trillion in federal and private student loans, some measure of forgiveness could be defended by a Democratic president.

But the Biden proposal tripped the what-the-heck-is-going-on alarm. It totaled $430 billion in write-offs for about 30 million borrowers. No surprise, the Supreme Court ruled that Mr. Biden overstepped his presidential spending authority. Chief Justice John Roberts wrote that the administration’s description of the plan as a “modification” was true “only in the same sense that the French Revolution ‘modified’ the status of the French nobility.”

But with the political stakes so high, the administration came up with a bureaucratic workaround to continue the loan relief. Polls since haven’t shown much gain for Mr. Biden with young voters. One reason, ironically, may be the administration’s botched handling of Fafsa, the federal application to get a student loan.

With the college gambit failing, the Biden team offered younger voters a more potent bribe. On May 16, the Justice Department proposed reclassifying marijuana as a Schedule III drug. Effectively, this means national legalization is coming.

The Democrats’ defense of legalization has been that the drug laws got too many young black men arrested for possession or small sales of marijuana. So much for that pitch: An April Wall Street Journal poll showed support for Donald Trump among black men at 30%, up from 12% in a 2020 Associated Press poll.

What must be more maddening to the White House is the scant political benefit from the multitrillions in spending—sorry, “investments”—it spread across the country through the bipartisan infrastructure bill, the Chips Act and the misnamed Inflation Reduction Act. The last alone committed nearly $400 billion in subsidies and tax credits for renewable-energy projects and electric vehicles. In all, the Biden handouts run to about $1.6 trillion.

Much of this is intended to unlock private spending to “create” jobs. I’d still call it election bribery on a never-seen scale. Many of the green-energy projects—EV sales, charging stations, offshore wind farms—would be dormant absent federal pulleys. Lately, Mr. Biden’s days seem to be filled with Air Force One trips to projects, plant openings and jobs conjured out of this spending.

Politico recently estimated that only 17% of these laws’ $1.1 trillion in direct investment has actually been spent. The White House’s political shop must have expected a better media-announcement effect from what until lately it called Bidenomics. But there hasn’t been much beyond maybe an endorsement from the United Auto Workers’ leftwing president, Shawn Fain.

Again, there’s nothing unusual about a Democratic spend-and-elect strategy. But as practiced even a century ago by urban political machines, winning required a theoretically electable candidate. From the start, when Mr. Biden’s personal liabilities already were apparent, this White House has focused less on touting his leadership than on funneling financial benefits to the re-election base.

That’s a lot of political funding failure. What happened? The corrosive effect of inflation is the short answer. But voters in many polls also cite the economy as their top priority. The more interesting long-term explanation may be that most of the public, including more minority voters, no longer consider federal handouts an adequate substitute for the real economy, which produces paychecks and a durable personal dignity.

Team Biden seems to have shifted to Plan D: Make the entire election about “Trump” and MAGA extremism’s threat to democracy. So far, the trillions spent on anti-Trump TV ads haven’t boosted Mr. Biden’s polling.

This election looks like it’s going to be overwhelmingly about the economy. If so, what is the Biden economic argument against Mr. Trump, other than his repeated delusion that he inherited 9% inflation from the former president?

Both candidates have embraced high tariffs. Beyond that, Mr. Biden’s pitch on the economy is that unparalleled public spending ensures growth. Mr. Trump’s is that the common goal of his policies will be to liberate the private economy. For most voters, the choice could be as simple as that. "

Write [email protected].

« Last Edit: May 29th, 2024 at 11:13am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #6913 - May 29th, 2024 at 9:22am

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/chiefs-coach-andy-reid-has-message-nfl-after-wack...

" Chiefs coach Andy Reid has message for NFL after wacky schedule for 2024 season."

" Patrick Mahomes also isn't too worried about how tough his schedule might be. "

" "Any given Sunday" might still be a saying for the NFL, but games have expanded well beyond just one day a week. Just ask the Kansas City Chiefs and their 2024 schedule.

When the NFL schedules released earlier this month, the Chiefs saw themselves playing every single day of the week at some point during the year except for Tuesday.

How is that possible? Well, the Chiefs are playing in every single primetime slot, which includes "Thursday Night Football" and "Monday Night Football." But they're also playing Black Friday, a Saturday game in Week 16, and we can't forget about Christmas Day, which lands on a Wednesday this year.

While it may be a wacky schedule to look at — the Chiefs are also playing at 4:25 p.m. or later in 14 of their 17 games — head coach Andy Reid had a message for the NFL when reporters asked about it.

"It's the first time in my career that this has happened, it's unique, and you know how we are. We don't really care," Reid said matter of factly, via a Chiefs transcript.

"They can give us a Tuesday game if they want, and we'll be okay there, too," Reid said. "We work through it, we'll play anybody, anywhere, whatever they want to do. We're on board."

The Chiefs are obviously must-watch football, especially as they look to achieve a feat no other NFL team has done before them: Win three straight Super Bowls.

Kansas City has eight standalone games this season, one of which being the league’s opener on NBC against the Baltimore Ravens on Sept. 5. The Chiefs will also be seen on CBS quite a lot, with a league-high eight games on the network.

But Patrick Mahomes likes the bright lights in prime-time games, and while he knows the schedule gets harder and harder by the year because of it, the expectation of winning remains the same.

"I feel like our schedule has gotten crazier and crazier every single year," Mahomes said last week to reporters. "It's just about preparing for the week ahead of you. We know that we're going to have a lot of prime-time games. We've built up the equity to be able to be in those games."

The Chiefs always have many eyes on them, and through the ups and downs, the spotlight never fades. However, when you want to make NFL history, that's just the way things are.

Kansas City, though, will be doing so with one of the harder schedules on the docket for a team this season."

« Last Edit: May 29th, 2024 at 3:40pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #6914 - May 29th, 2024 at 10:49am
Hey Joey? Update jb to let his other board buddies know.

Gotta cancel this one, Ronnie...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #6915 - May 30th, 2024 at 8:31am

<  ---------------------   " I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careersandeducation/opinion-the-bottomless-colle...

" Opinion | The Bottomless College Parent Trap."

Opinion by: Daniel Henninger ( Genius )

" America’s favorite sport has become identifying who’s the low man on the totem pole, or whoever seems to be at the bottom of national esteem. The uncoveted spot keeps changing, but there’s little question who’s on the lowest rung now—college parents.

College parents today have to be wondering how they ended up holding the short end of the stick. For the parents of college-bound kids, May 1 was decision day, which could mean writing a check for all or part of $60,000 to $90,000 for just one year of tuition, room and board.

For many, that sticker-shock moment followed weeks of struggling to complete the federal government’s incomprehensible Fafsa student-loan form, which came amid the proliferation of anti-Israel “encampments” on many campuses to which full-fare parents would be sending their kids.

It could have been worse. They could be the parents this year who had already plunked down $300,000 or so to have their kids’ graduation ceremonies wrecked by the oh-so-self-important protesters.

If college-paying parents weren’t already feeling like the nation’s biggest suckers, they soon will. Last week, the National Collegiate Athletic Association announced a multibillion-dollar legal settlement with former college athletes who filed suits claiming they were denied direct payments for their services or lost endorsement income. Payments to thousands of former and current athletes will approach $2.8 billion, minus the trial lawyers’ cut of the class-action suits. This follows the NCAA’s decision to let college athletes benefit financially from their names, images and likenesses.

The loose ends and unanswered questions of the settlement are endless, and a federal judge has to affirm it. Appeals could send it to the Supreme Court. Most legal analysis of the settlement concludes that the days of the “amateur” college athlete are over. In the future, the men and women on Division I teams and others likely will be regarded as professionals who will be paid to play by universities through revenue-sharing agreements up to $20 million a year per school.

For decades, the big football and basketball schools have made money from student athletes. But that doesn’t gainsay the social reality of where this is headed. If your kid wants to go to college to become a civil engineer, the school will take your money. But if she’s there to shoot hoops, the school—with help from tuition-paying parents—will pay her.

One wonders how schools will continue the practice of making normal students compete for admission with the pros on the sports teams—unless, as some expect, the athletes simply become university employees.

Meanwhile, Joe Biden’s seemingly endless forgiveness of college debt now totals $167 billion for 4.75 million borrowers.

Parents who pay all or most of the freight for their kids to attend college simply as preparation for the workaday world must be feeling like saps. They play by the rules, pay crushing costs, derive no income from their kids’ names, images or likenesses, and don’t have plaintiffs lawyers ringing them up to file class-action suits against deep-pocketed sports conferences. Want to guess who they’re voting for in November?

This is happening of course because major college sports, like pro sports, continue to attract big money from large live and TV audiences. That said, and this is demonstrably a minority view, much of the modern sports world has lost its luster for me.

The era is long gone when the lineups of professional teams had enough year-to-year continuity that one knew all the players’ names and stats. But the rotation in and out of teams, including now in college sports, has become such a blur that only TV commentators afflicted with hyperfocus can keep track.

Sure, money-ball’s metrics rule, but the reality remains that now you’re mostly rooting for mercenaries. And as cable TV fades, pro and college sports teams are disappearing into the permanent fog called streaming. Looking for the airtime of your favorite team can turn into a constant and costly snipe hunt. Is it worth it?

Sports hold our interest because the athletes are so good and keep improving. But the popularity of sports has as much to do with the genius of the people who long ago invented football, basketball, baseball, hockey, the real football and the rest of it. Kids wouldn’t play all day amid dirt and cracked blacktop unless the sport itself made you forget everything else.

Years ago when pro and college sports were becoming more about product than performance, I decided that smaller Division III schools were the only place to see genuine amateurs. The performance level was always high. I sat in the stands watching men and women’s tennis played just below the level of touring pros.

Big-time universities of the sort affected by the NCAA settlement have become a mess of politics, money and status. Perhaps trapped parents will start opting for a less expensive, less ostentatious “Division III” alternative—colleges that modestly believe they exist to teach. Even club football has unforgettable moments."

Write [email protected].

[ One Of the Great Comedy Duos Of All Time: Letterman & Elliott ]

« Last Edit: May 31st, 2024 at 7:14am by Joey »  

IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #6916 - May 30th, 2024 at 10:20pm

Grin  Grin  Grin

really? LOL taylor made smile Wow!
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2024 at 10:21pm by leonid »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #6917 - Jun 2nd, 2024 at 12:22pm
Joey, there are massive water breaks in multiple areas downtown in Atlanta!!

Megan the Stallion concert was canceled.

Them bitches are pissed.

Please let these pipes hold up in 2 weeks.

I need my Stones.

We ain't ready for the World Cup in '26, Ronnie!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/water-begins-to-flow-again-in-downtown-atlanta...
« Last Edit: Jun 2nd, 2024 at 12:25pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #6918 - Jun 3rd, 2024 at 6:01am
Some Guy wrote on Jun 2nd, 2024 at 12:22pm:

Them bitches are pissed.

I need my Stones.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/water-begins-to-flow-again-in-downtown-atlanta...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #6919 - Jun 3rd, 2024 at 6:09am

<  ---------------------  " I REALLY LOVE YOU ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! " :

https://www.wsj.com/articles/we-are-starting-to-enjoy-hatred-c3005b05?mod=opinio...

" We Are Starting to Enjoy Hatred."

" The country has long been divided, but estrangement has become alluring in the age of Biden and Trump. "

By : Peggy Noonan

" I’m seeing something and maybe you are too.

We talk in our country about political polarization and it’s real: We’re split into a thousand pieces within two big camps of left and right. We decry the harshness of our political discourse, particularly online, where outrageous and dehumanizing things are said.

But what I’m seeing is that we don’t mind disliking each other now. We like it. That’s the new thing, that we’re enjoying the estrangement.

Nobody’s trying to win anybody over. The biggest recent example of this is the story about the Supreme Court justice’s wife who didn’t understand that flying the American flag upside down outside her home during a crisis might be experienced by others as unhappily weird and possibly alarming, and her neighbor who didn’t understand that when engaged in a political dispute it’s not really nice to spew lewd and ugly epithets unbidden, or put them on lawn signs.

That was a local and particular expression of a larger trend we’re all witnessing. Bill Maher wrote of it in an essay last month: “Would anyone ride the New York City subway wearing a MAGA hat, or go to a NASCAR race in a Biden T-shirt? That’s where we are now: Other parts of the country are seen as no-go zones.”

It’s shocking that that’s true, but it is.

When was the last time you saw anyone try to address the other side with respect and understanding, and venture something like, “I think you’re seeing it this way, but I want to explain why I see it so differently, and that way we might both understand each other and proceed with respect.” Instead we accuse each other and put each other down and it doesn’t feel merry and high-spirited, like political business as usual, it feels cold.

Both sides have an equal but different sense of superiority. Both sides enjoy looking down on the other.

The left leans toward condemnation. It is going from “Trump is a criminal” to “Trump supporters are criminal.” They understand things the other dopes don’t. Class is involved. I have quoted the friend who said recently, with no bitterness, that Democrats see Trump voters as toothless, smelly Walmart shoppers. The left does look down, sometimes from a privileged economic position, which makes it the more shameful.

Trump supporters lean toward manipulation. They charge the other side are bad human beings—selfish elites who have no feeling for, no affiliation with, the common man. They’re coastal elites who look down on flyover states as they sip martinis in first class. Some Trump voters say his foes oppose him to go to “Georgetown cocktail parties” or similar gatherings in New York and Los Angeles. This started about a quarter-century ago but sped up with Donald Trump, and I thought at the time: Are cocktail parties still going on? I knew they existed in the 1930s and 1940s, because they were featured in the old movies I watched on television as a child. Nick and Nora Charles threw them! In my town the elites who oppose Mr. Trump don’t have cocktail parties, they doggedly attend fundraisers for hospitals and libraries and go to professional events. The most establishment Trump foes are among the hardest-working people in America. They are earnest. They run the institutions you’ll rely on if you have a heart attack on the sidewalk or a story that needs exposing or a court case that needs taking. And they drink water. At least cocktail parties make them sound glamorous and carefree.

But it really is something that we’re so estranged we know nothing of the other side’s lives, and because we know nothing even our insults are lame and need updating.

The class aspect of the big estrangement portends nothing good. America has been navigating its way through issues of class since its beginning; it is text or subtext of the country’s great novels. Now it is emerging in a new way in our politics, one more laden with meaning and encouraging of unashamed judgment.

I said I sensed people are enjoying their political hatred now. Why would that be?

Some of it is human and has been around forever. People enjoy hating—it feels so vigorous. Some enjoy their hatred because they are by nature shallow and see the implications of nothing. Some enjoy it because they see politics as an extension of sports—booing the other team is part of the fun of being at the game. Some enjoy it because it lets them feel immersed in a warm bath of righteousness: I’m not immoral like a Trump supporter; I’m not a mindless snob who drove the country into a ditch like a Democrat.

But some enjoy their hatred—this is the new part, and I think pretty widespread—because it helps them avoid seeing that they are involved in a tragedy.

The tragedy is that one of two old men, neither of them great, neither of them distinguished in terms of character or intellect, who are each in his way an embarrassment, and whom two-thirds of voters do not want as presidential candidates, will be chosen, in this crucial historical moment in which the stakes could not be higher, to lead the most powerful nation on earth.

One will likely fail physically in coming years—he’s failing now—and be replaced by a vice president who is wholly unsuited for the presidency because she is wholly unserious, who has had four years to prove herself in a baseline way and failed to meet even the modest standards by which vice presidents are judged. The other may, on being elected or even before then, be thrown into the slammer for one of the felony charges against him, including those connected to attempting to overthrow a democratic national election.

This is a tragedy—that this is what we’ve got, these are our choices.

When you’ve got a major hate on, you don’t have to notice.

What we should be doing is asking each other: How are we going to make our way through this constructively?

Instead, people prattle about a coming civil war. But what are they talking about? Neither side is going to raise an army and fight in the streets, the most Trump-supporting state in the country is not going to fire on a Fort Sumter, and even if anything like that happened, who gets custody of the nuclear arsenal? Who’s left sending out the Social Security checks?

Normally in a column like this you give a suggestion or two on how to turn things around. I don’t know, but I suppose it at least starts with understanding that the people we’re so harshly judging are our countrymen. They share the country with you. We have to go forward into the future together, because if we don’t we won’t have a future.

We have to ease up, we have to slow down our desire to look down, we have to be a little more generous, we have to stop enjoying our hate so much. And we’ll have to come up with thoughts that are better than that, because we can’t go on indefinitely like this. "

[ No Need To Worry  --- Emperor Xi Of Qing II Will Handle EVERYTHING !!!!!!!! ( An Indo-Pacific Storm Is Gathering Strength ) ]

« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2024 at 4:15pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #6920 - Jun 3rd, 2024 at 6:18am

Them bitches are pissed.

I need my Stones.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #6921 - Jun 3rd, 2024 at 6:29am

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #6922 - Jun 4th, 2024 at 9:10am

« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2024 at 11:59am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #6923 - Jun 4th, 2024 at 9:23am

Them bitches are pissed.

I need my Stones.

« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2024 at 9:30am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #6924 - Jun 5th, 2024 at 10:09am

Them bitches are pissed.

I need my Stones.

<  --------- Some Guy, Will A Former President Be Attending The Atlanta Stones' Gig? I Bet He Is Glad He Lived Long Enough To Witness Such Blissful/Epic Times -- STONES IS STONES BABY !!!!!:

[ " ....... young joeykins  --- what about our ksenia fix? " ]

0:20  1. “Start Me Up”
4:42-2. “Get Off of My Cloud”
8:33 -3. “Shattered”
12:32 -4. “Angry”
17:36 -5. “It's Only Rock ’n’ Roll (But I Like It)”
23:08-6. “Wild Horses”
28:17 -7. “Mess It Up”
34:08 -8. “Tumbling Dice”
39:53 -9. “You Can't Always Get What You Want”
48:43 - Band Intros
51:20  -10. “You Got the Silver”
53:50 -11. “Little T&A”
57:29 -12. “Sympathy for the Devil”
1:04:23 -13. “Honky Tonk Women”
1:09:28 -14. “Miss You”
1:20:12 -15. “Gimme Shelter”
1:26:42 -16. “Paint It Black”
1:31:28 -17. “Jumpin’ Jack Flash”
1:3:55  -18. “Sweet Sounds of Heaven”
1:42:43 -19. “(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction”
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2024 at 3:53pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 275 276 277 278 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)