Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Happy All Hallow's Eve, Ya'll !! (Read 1,380 times)
Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Happy All Hallow's Eve, Ya'll !!
Oct 30th, 2015 at 1:42pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
This person knows how to decorate a house:

You can skip the advert after 15 seconds.

http://video-embed.nola.com/services/player/bcpid1949030309001?bctid=45875252860...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Re: Happy All Hallow's Eve, Ya'll !!
Reply #1 - Oct 30th, 2015 at 1:53pm
Poached pumpkin returned, Halloween saved for 3-year-old girl

Mae Perrilliat, 3, buries herself in a hug of her beloved inflatable pumpkin Friday, Oct. 30, 2015. Two men poached the ornament overnight Thursday from her Uptown front yard. They returned the pumpkin and apologized Friday, a day after Mae's mother, Carter Perrilliat, posted online a surveillance video of the prank. (Courtesy of Carter Perrilliat)

By Manuel Torres, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune.
on October 30, 2015

A 3-year-old girl's Halloween has been saved after two men Friday (Oct. 30) returned the beloved inflatable pumpkin they had poached from her Uptown New Orleans front yard.

Mae Perrilliat awoke Thursday morning to find the large ornament had disappeared in the 5200 block of Coliseum Street.

"When it was gone, she said, 'Mommy, a trouble-maker took our pumpkin," her mother, Carter Perrilliat, recalled Thursday.

A neighbor's surveillance camera caught two people exiting an SUV, apparently a Lexus, and stuffing the massive pumpkin in the back seat before driving away sometime after midnight. (Watch the video below this story.)

Perrilliat posted the video online to try to shame them into returning the ornament. "My goal is to embarrass whoever did this, and we would appreciate our pumpkin back," Perilliat said Thursday.

It worked. On Friday, she said the young men returned the pumpkin and apologized, saying they had taken the ornament as a prank.

"The pumpkin was returned and Mae was thrilled. Reunited! Lots of great lessons learned. The boys apologized; I was very impressed," Perrilliat wrote in an email message.

A pictured Friday showed a delighted Mae burying herself in a hug of the returned pumpkin.

You can watch the video of the pumpkin's taking below. The vehicle pulls up at the top of the screen.

Staff writer Richard Rainey contributed to this report.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/10/halloween_saved_stolen_inflata.html#...
« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2015 at 1:54pm by Edith Grove »  

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2 - Oct 30th, 2015 at 4:53pm

Four women were tried as witches 100 years after Salem

by Amy Trainum, Go Carolinas

While the Salem Witch Trials are notably the most infamous and deadliest trials in America’s history, they were not the last to happen on U.S. soil. Almost 100 years after witches were prosecuted, hung and burned at the stake in New England, the state of S.C. faced its own witch hunt.

In 1792 in Fairfield County, cattle began to mysteriously get sick and die. People in town began to act strange and claimed to be possessed. With no explanation for the sudden loss in cattle and strange behavior, accusations of witchcraft began to surface.

Eventually a total of four residents in the town of Winnsboro were accused of being witches, though most of the allegations led back to a woman named Mary Ingleman.

Farmers testified that Ingleman was responsible for using magic to lift a cow and slam it back to the ground, breaking its neck. Another local claimed she had used spells to levitate people off the ground. Rumors also suggested that she could transform into different animals, including a panther, to stalk her prey. One of the strangest accusations made against Ingleman was that she had turned a young man into a horse and rode him to a witches’ convention where the devil was also in attendance.\

She had also been known to perform simple cures and use herb remedies on the townsfolk, while the other three accused were said to have practiced hypnosis and other uncommon rituals.

Trying to avoid the mass hysteria that had been associated with the Salem trials and desperately seeking answers for the strange happenings, residents of the town hastily blamed Ingleman and her three neighbors for the bizarre misfortunes.  Though no hard evidence could be provided against the women, they were illegally tried and convicted of witchcraft at a local farm, where one man acted as both judge and jury.

As punishment they were beaten, tortured and burned almost to the point of death. Some stories suggest that after the trial there were many unsuccessful attempts to execute Ingleman. Supposedly, she even survived a hanging. She eventually died of old age.

Today, locals claim Ingleman’s spirit haunts the Winnsboro Courthouse waiting to get revenge for her unjust sentencing.

http://myconnection.cox.com/article/entertainment/aHR0cHM6Ly9pZGVudGlmaWVycy5jbW...

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #3 - Oct 31st, 2015 at 2:07pm
We continue to have witch hunts all the time in DC....

If only shit like that article cites would  really happen
...how cool would that be?!?

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #4 - Oct 31st, 2015 at 3:33pm
I love the day after Halloween!  All the candy in the stores is on sale!  Yay!

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #5 - Oct 31st, 2015 at 8:48pm
Today's header pic, the album cover of the Jagger/Richards tribute album that says it ain't no tribute album, really is a treat.  I recommend everyone get it to see what some really talented people were thinking about Jagger/Richards.  Alvin Hart doing Sway and Moonlight Mile is something to be heard.

Check out Under The Influence on Netflix too.  The greats held the Stones in high esteem, and it's not just because they brought certain music to the American masses.  There was admiration of greatness of our band.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #6 - Oct 31st, 2015 at 10:01pm
"ALL I GOT WAS A ROCK..."

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #7 - Oct 31st, 2015 at 10:37pm
Paranoid Android wrote on Oct 31st, 2015 at 10:01pm:
"ALL I GOT WAS A ROCK..."

PA?

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #8 - Nov 1st, 2015 at 10:14am

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #9 - Nov 1st, 2015 at 9:04pm
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Nov 1st, 2015 at 10:14am:

dia de los muertos  Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)