Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Brian 46 years ago (Read 1,292 times)
gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Brian 46 years ago
Jul 2nd, 2015 at 8:34pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Jesus! 46 years ago. I remember that night so well. As I have said, despite all this Oh Britain woke up to the news the next morning, ITN London gave a very late news flash close to midnight. Very sad. It actually scared me, as I was so young, I had just found out about death. WHAT? They stick us in a box in the ground FOREVER! I want my money back, get me the manager.
No seriously, it was very sad what Brian did to himself, and I am not being judgemental, It can happen to anyone. I've lost friends the same way. Rock on Bri' and know you are strumming away somewhere man.

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Re: Brian 46 years ago
Reply #1 - Jul 2nd, 2015 at 8:39pm
rest in peace brian
thank you

IP Logged

uncleson
Rocks Off Regular

USA
Reply #2 - Jul 4th, 2015 at 3:45pm
The founder of the band,a visionary. RIP Brian. Thank you

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #3 - Jul 4th, 2015 at 3:58pm
RIP.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #4 - Jul 4th, 2015 at 6:39pm
gypsymofo60 wrote on Jul 2nd, 2015 at 8:34pm:
Jesus! 46 years ago. I remember that night so well. As I have said, despite all this Oh Britain woke up to the news the next morning, ITN London gave a very late news flash close to midnight. Very sad. It actually scared me, as I was so young, I had just found out about death. WHAT? They stick us in a box in the ground FOREVER! I want my money back, get me the manager.
No seriously, it was very sad what Brian did to himself, and I am not being judgemental, It can happen to anyone. I've lost friends the same way. Rock on Bri' and know you are strumming away somewhere man.

Interesting. I've always wondered why his death is always officially recorded as July 3rd, when every report on the incident that killed him has him being hauled out of the pool and declared dead before midnight on the 2nd.

As S&K said, a visionary.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #5 - Jul 7th, 2015 at 10:44pm
Gazza wrote on Jul 4th, 2015 at 6:39pm:
gypsymofo60 wrote on Jul 2nd, 2015 at 8:34pm:

Interesting. I've always wondered why his death is always officially recorded as July 3rd, when every report on the incident that killed him has him being hauled out of the pool and declared dead before midnight on the 2nd.

As S&K said, a visionary.

Exactly Gaz. I've always done a sort of double take whenever I read this bollocks. ITN gave a newsflash around OOOH, I was so young, but I'm sure it was around midnight. Summer Hol's, I was allowed up. That ominous intro to what was always horrific news scared the crap out of me straight away. I remember a pause before they actually spoke, so for like 10 seconds there was just this iconic picture of Bri'. I thought straightaway, Oh! No! Brian Jones is dead.

We were working for the Daily Mail, as I think I may have said; for days afterwards, journo's were sort of whispering about someone getting rid of peole at Brian's gaff before phoning the Old Bill. We knew some very tasty people at that manor, real bad men, Kray associates, Richardson men. There was talk of a certain individual being sort of in league(shall we say)with these individuals. They said his name in whispered tones. I think you know who I mean. I know for a fact that despite all this crap from certain people that Mick & Keith sort of turned a blind eye to it all was rubbish.

He wasn't murdered. It was an envy fuelled accident, rough play in that heated pool with people quite inebriated. We will never know the real truth. But, as I say I have never read Anna Wholin's book, does it even exist? Have you read it? I would love to know, with your amazing on the spot reference mind on the Stones, did you, or anyone you know read it? It was apparently released, or written circa 1984.

IP Logged

uncleson
Rocks Off Regular

USA
Reply #6 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 3:43pm
Forty six years ago today, Brian was laid to rest.

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #7 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 5:03pm
uncleson wrote on Jul 10th, 2015 at 3:43pm:
Forty six years ago today, Brian was laid to rest.

No offence, but that expression always cracks me up. Laid to rest. What? Like a nap? It's like; " We had to put the dog to sleep!"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)