Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 43
Send Topic Print
North American Tour May-July 2015 - News, Rumours & Updates (Read 240,789 times)
Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Re: North American Tour May-July 2015 - News, Rumours & Updates
Reply #850 - Apr 8th, 2015 at 7:44pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
I scored 40 licks in DC for $10/ticket...lower levels...about 6 of us...we had a blast!! Of course at the time FedEx was the largest NFL stadium in the country (no. 2 now I think)...

Gazza is right...DONT PANIC!!

I didnt score Stones tkts today...but on the bright side, I did get 2 Morrissey tickets during his pre-sale today for the Durham show!!
« Last Edit: Apr 8th, 2015 at 7:45pm by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

Mr. Yeats
Rocks Off Regular

Nothing beats fun for
a good time.

Reply #851 - Apr 8th, 2015 at 7:46pm
So what is the average face-value price for these shows? Is it really $400-700?

Here comes everybody.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #852 - Apr 8th, 2015 at 8:09pm
The official price range is from $40 to $400 with a couple of prices in between.

How many are in each category depends on the venue and usually the city (for example, a show in a major market is going to have a higher % of top priced tickets than one thats in a smaller market in a less wealthy area)

Apart from the regular AMEX one, the presales are invariably designed to shift packages by dressing them up with fancy names like 'platinum' or 'VIP' to tempt you to pay anything up to $1750 thinking youre getting something special, when the reality is that you'll get some 'free' gift which is worth a few dollars and you could well end up sitting beside someone else on the day of the show who has paid about a quarter of what you stumped up.

Remember that presales only make up a small % of the ticket sales for any concert. Otherwise they wouldnt be called a presale! Its a marketing trick to get people to panic buy tickets - in many cases at prices which are considerably over the value of the actual ticket or to buy the worst placed tickets in any price category.

Sometimes you'll get lucky of course and get better than what youd hoped but it really is a game of bait and switch.  Very often they'll hold back the best seats in each price category for a while in the sale to con you into panic buying the poorer ones, as you click 'best available' and see something mediocre. Its a really shameful way to sell tickets, but its been the norm for some time unfortunately.

Best way to do it is look at a seating chart beforehand, select a price and area that you wont be disappointed with and try not to deviate from either too much when youre offered tickets. 

I've said it before - These shows are taking place in massive stadiums and there are a lot of very expensive tickets which are to most tourists (and this is the market they're aiming for with the choice of cities on this tour) , overpriced. There are only so many people who are going to pay those prices for the better seats in a stadium. Have patience, and you'll see people reselling, ticket drops nearer showtime for gigs that were announced as 'sold out' or firesales offering two for the price of one, etc. 

There is no need to shit the bed and pay way more than you think is personally affordable for a stadium show - and certainly not in a presale.
« Last Edit: Apr 8th, 2015 at 8:13pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Maxmeister
Rocks Off Regular

Locked, cocked and ready
to rock!

Reply #853 - Apr 8th, 2015 at 8:28pm
LadyJane wrote on Apr 8th, 2015 at 4:40pm:
I'm in. I'm in. I'm in. I'm in. I'm in.  LOL
I will get to return to the stadium where it all began in Buffalo in the Summer of 75.

Lower bowl, Keith's side. 20 rows up. Gorgeous seats.
Sweet Virginia had the magic touch that I didn't!!!
Bless her!!!!

Awesome seats. I'm waiting for Monday to jump in the fray.
Can' t wait for July.

Rick

Bring 'em in, strap 'em down, let's rock and roll!

Always know if the juice is worth the squeeze.

IP Logged

Mr. Yeats
Rocks Off Regular

Nothing beats fun for
a good time.

Reply #854 - Apr 8th, 2015 at 8:33pm
Thanks Gazza.
What a racket, and for fucking stadium shows. The assholes had better play 'Sticky Fingers' in it's entirety. Too many slow songs, Mick? Waaaaaa, my heart bleeds for you...means you'll have plenty of energy left for playing your standard greatest hits set, right? Springsteen does these types of shows brilliantly. Don't let that no-account New Jersey whippersnapper with his $100 tickets and 3-4 hour shows show up the mighty Rolling Stones!

Here comes everybody.

IP Logged

angee
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Sots

USA
Reply #855 - Apr 8th, 2015 at 8:42pm
Boomy, how'd you have a chance to buy a single platinum?  Was someone else getting the other one in the pair?  What'd you end up doing?

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #856 - Apr 8th, 2015 at 9:11pm
Thanks Gazza for your all-knowing wise comments. I dont know why I'm panicking because I always buy last minute tickets, and I always get in Except Brooklyn whose tickets were a whopping $850. I buy at the venue with any other band, but not seeing The Stones WILL kill me. So Im disturbed by scouring TM all day, different venues, prices, etc. I was requesting lower tier, but floors and upppers is what was offered today so I passed, I'll wait. and hope. Beg if I have to. Bribe someone. Blow someone. LOL

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #857 - Apr 8th, 2015 at 9:20pm
The fact that they did all this in the middle of the week when people are at work just makes it a bigger clusterfuck. Call it the "We don't give a fuck about our fans tour"..........Oh wait,that's the name of every tour.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Mr. Yeats
Rocks Off Regular

Nothing beats fun for
a good time.

Reply #858 - Apr 8th, 2015 at 9:33pm
Rolling Stones Inc. are big meanies. I'd like to see them bought out by Coca Cola or GM or Bechtel or Comcast or the Vatican or someone.

Or attacked by a small Third World country like, oh I dunno, Haiti. Fucking Stones would still prolly win, but I'd be rooting for the Haitians.

Here comes everybody.

IP Logged

Boomy
Rocks Off Regular

Indiana
Reply #859 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 12:33am
PartyDoll MEG wrote on Apr 8th, 2015 at 7:25pm:
Don't have an american express card and i refuse to pay the Platinum prices  or the ridiculous VIP package prices, when I could have got a ticket 2 rows back for the normal inflated venue price.  This is so utterly ridiculous, it actually makes me sick....

I'll be going to the concert, but i refuse to give them any more of my hard earned money than I have to!  And forget traveling around to see them.  One show in Columbus and that's it!  I could go to at least 4 other great concerts for the price I am limiting myself to for this concert. yes i am thoroughly disgusted...

Love this post!

I too do not have an AMEX (nor any kind of CC) and don't freak out during these presale events.

I don't think I'm going to make it to any shows due to personal/family reasons but even if I do it'll be one show only.

IP Logged

Boomy
Rocks Off Regular

Indiana
Reply #860 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 12:36am
angee wrote on Apr 8th, 2015 at 8:42pm:
Boomy, how'd you have a chance to buy a single platinum?  Was someone else getting the other one in the pair?  What'd you end up doing?

I just went to the tickets.com site that directed me to the ticket buying site.

I was able to select a quantity of one and was given the option to buy the one ticket at the ridiculous price I stated.

Obviously I didn't buy it, but I was able to select one as a quantity.

IP Logged

Boomy
Rocks Off Regular

Indiana
Reply #861 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 12:48am
Bitch wrote on Apr 8th, 2015 at 9:11pm:
Thanks Gazza for your all-knowing wise comments. I dont know why I'm panicking because I always buy last minute tickets, and I always get in Except Brooklyn whose tickets were a whopping $850. I buy at the venue with any other band, but not seeing The Stones WILL kill me. So Im disturbed by scouring TM all day, different venues, prices, etc. I was requesting lower tier, but floors and upppers is what was offered today so I passed, I'll wait. and hope. Beg if I have to. Bribe someone. Blow someone. LOL

You're gonna have a ton of private messages now. LMAO lol

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #862 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 10:01am
Bitch wrote on Apr 8th, 2015 at 9:11pm:

LMAO

You don't get these kind of offers or trades on IORR or Shidoobee, kids.

Welcome to Rocks Off. The internet's most "anything goes" board since 1998.

Ellen, you should get something on the pandora sale that's on now. Somewhat ironically in light of the above post, the password is ZIPPER2015.

But I do think that for the most part the better tickets in each price category will be available in the public sales.

Good luck!

... ... ...
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #863 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 10:07am
The raleigh Pandora sales have stopped...no more ticket in any catagory to be left...we shall see what the zip code presale is about...but Gazza is right...dont panick

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #864 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 6:14pm
Just another couple of tips, based on personal experience and this should work for most Stones shows that arent in theatres or markets like New York, LA etc where its genuinely hard to get a bargain for arena shows (so not relevant for this tour)

Obviously if you happen to be dripping in money and dont have any qualms about paying four figure sums for a concert ticket, you can stop reading now!

Otherwise :

1. Do not buy tickets off a broker or resale site at this stage (in fact dont do it all unless its near showtime and youre desperate). For the next few weeks they'll be full of chancers offering to re-sell tickets to the gullible and the desperate. Even if a show is listed officially as 'sold out' its a misleading claim. Many of the tickets have been bought by people who arent going to go - and others will be released officially in coming weeks. If the secondary ticket market has thousands of tickets left for a show which is only a week or two away, the prices will tumble. Who wants to be left with a $400 ticket that they cant sell?

2. If you want a good or very good seat (say the $400 - 250 range) but all you can get at in presales and public sales are nosebleeds - consider getting those seats. Your first priority is to get in the door. Your mission over the next few weeks is to get a better type of ticket that you'll be happy with and which is at a price that you wont regret afterwards

3. Most people on here have access to social media, fan forums (this one, IORR, Shidoobee etc) and have like minded Stones fans as acquaintances. Make the most of those contacts.  Keep an eye on the forums for people offloading surplus tickets.

Its basically a precondition on fan forums that people do this without making a profit, so you shouldnt be expecting to pay any more than what the seller paid for them (including TM charges etc)

The law of averages dictates that if, say,  40,000 people buy tickets for a show that theyre genuinely intending to go to, there will be hundreds of those people who will have genuine unforeseen circumstances which will mean they cant go - these people will be very anxious to get rid of their tickets as quickly and painlessly as possible, especially if they cost them a lot of money. They may even be happy to offload them for less than face value, especially if its near to the date of the show.

4. There'll almost certainly be ticket drops. They may or may not be announced officially so regular checks on TM and fan forums are useful.

5. If a show is selling slowly and its only a few weeks away, the promoter may do a 'firesale' offer to get the venue filled - 2 for the price of 1, etc. $250 tickets sold for $180 or something.  These are huge venues and they only have about 7-10 weeks to sell what are expensive tickets in terms of stadium gigs.

6. If you get the ticket(s) you want by the above methods, use the fan forums, social media. local newspapers or ticket selling sites (Viagogo etc) to offload the cheaper tickets you bought. As you may not have a lot of time to complete the deal and send the tickets to the buyer, dont be too anxious to get more than what you paid for them. Ideally go for a quick sale in a way which means you dont lose money.

And if it does mean you have to sell a $150 for $120 in the end - well, you were considering paying $800 for a $400 value ticket to begin with, werent you? You wont miss it. With a bit of luck, you may have even made up that $30 by getting your new tickets for below face value.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #865 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 7:08pm
You rock! Let's go get drunk
BRAVO!!!
Let's go get drunk You rock!

IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #866 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 11:47pm
Does anyone have definitive stats yet on how many times the (otherwise very splendid) Michael said 'Y'know' during his interview with the excitable radio man in the garage?
What would Eva (or Shakespeare) think?  And is this what comes of working with an (otherwise very splendid) guitarist who says 'man' all the time?

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #867 - Apr 10th, 2015 at 8:29am
I got an email from AEG Live about their pre-sale today.....FFS How many freaking pre sales do they need? This tour may set a record for largest tarping.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #868 - Apr 10th, 2015 at 10:28am
"  So Im  (  ' sic '  )   disturbed by  .......  different  prices ....... was requesting   .......   upppers is what was offered today  ...........  I'll wait. and hope. Beg if I have to. Bribe someone. Blow someone.  "

<  ----- Come to Joey !!!!

'kins , Est. 1999 ®
« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2015 at 4:29pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #869 - Apr 10th, 2015 at 12:10pm
LMAOO...OK this takes the cake.....was looking at Buffalo and saw "VIP Travel Packages".....So for $2199 I would get 2 tickets in first 25 rows (floor I'm hoping..lol) and 1 night in an airport hotel. Then I bust a gut when it has printed at bottom...."Travel to and from city and venue not included".I'm sure some folks will click and expect airfare etc...A VIP Travel package indeed. Hotel at $150 a night out at the Buffalo airport.....so 2 tickets basically cost $1000 each with face value under $400!!!! Then I have to get there and to the stadium and back. These guys are really fucking folks over this time.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #870 - Apr 10th, 2015 at 2:40pm
I will show up and make miracles happen.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #871 - Apr 10th, 2015 at 2:48pm
" I will show up and make miracles happen.   "

« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2015 at 2:50pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #872 - Apr 10th, 2015 at 5:31pm
Will Joey be leaving Nebraska this tour?

... ... ...
IP Logged

lavendar
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Buffalo,NY
Reply #873 - Apr 10th, 2015 at 11:06pm
I need 1 2

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #874 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 7:45am
My ticket for Pittsburgh was $188.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 43
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)