Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
John Mayall and his band are releasing their first studio album in five years! (Read 899 times)
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
John Mayall and his band are releasing their first studio album in five years!
May 12th, 2014 at 10:08pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

As 2013 came to a close and with his 80th birthday mere weeks away, the godfather of British blues quietly entered a North Hollywood Studio with his band, special guest C.J. Chenier and co-producer/engineer Eric Corne. He walked out with one of the finest and most personal records of his career.

The aptly titled A Special Life, serves as further testament to John's boundless talent, vitality and ever-dynamic personality.

Along with his accomplished band, he goes back to his roots with an eclectic album centered in the blues but with diversions into rock and Americana. There are three new songs penned by John and one from band members Greg Rzab and Rocky Athas, as well as blues favorites from some of the greats, including Albert King and Jimmy Rogers. C.J. Chenier came to join the party on a couple of tracks (including one written by his father), adding an exciting extra dimension with his vocals and accordion.

Slated for a May 13th release via Forty Below Records, this is John's first studio album in five years, a span during which the band's chemistry has grown tremendously. It is an instant classic and a "must have" for any blues/roots music enthusiast!

The album has already had many great reviews, including one on about.com which states:

"I’d easily put this one among Mayall’s best efforts – and that includes Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton,A Hard Road, and Blues From Laurel Canyon – so run, don’t walk, to your record store come release day for a copy of A Special Life! (Release date: 05/13/14)"

We are happy to say however, that you don't need to "run" or "walk" anywhere to purchase this fabulous album. You can do that from the comfort of your own home as "A Special Life" will be available on the "official store" page of our website on the 13th May, http://www.johnmayall.com/store.html and is also available now for pre-order on Amazon and iTunes. It will be released in the UK and Europe May 19th.

We also want to remind you that we are regularly posting new content on our official Facebook page, and that it's the best place to keep up with John on his very busy 80th birthday celebration year! Please check it out at: https://www.facebook.com/JohnMayallBlues. You can also follow his new label on Twitter which is another great place to get current info: @40belowrecords, and on Facebook at:https://www.facebook.com/fortybelowrecords

It's worth checking out the new dates on our "tour schedule" page as well at: http://www.johnmayall.com/tour.html. We have many US dates posted for the Summer and Fall, and the Autumn UK tour is now all posted too. The shows are amazing, and John comes out to meet the audience, sign autographs and sell CD's so you will get a chance to shake his hand and wish him a happy birthday year!

Long live the blues!

Johnmayall.com

« Last Edit: May 12th, 2014 at 10:11pm by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland »  

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

philgood
Rocks Off Regular

Cologne Area, Germany
Re: John Mayall and his band are releasing their first studio album in five years!
Reply #1 - May 14th, 2014 at 4:30am
Well, I have all the early Mayall/Bluesbreakers albums
featuring Clapton, Green and Taylor.
But to be honest, IMHO Mayall ruined so many good songs
with his singing. I can't stand his voice.
He surely is good in forming a band and arranging songs.
But please, don't sing John.

Again JMHO.
Phil

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Re: John Mayall and his band are releasing their first studio album in five years!
Reply #2 - May 14th, 2014 at 12:25pm
eighty and counting. saw him about fifteen years back with peter green at the fillmore steve miller came out and jammed with them also. checking out the new release. oh and happy birthday to former bandmate JACK BRUCE!! seventy one!!

IP Logged

captainglassback
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #3 - May 14th, 2014 at 1:55pm
For me the Mick Taylor era was the best.  Bare Wires / Laurel Canyon.   Agreed.....wish that he didn't try to sing!!

IP Logged

Brainbell Jangler
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Portland, OR
Reply #4 - May 16th, 2014 at 5:35pm
I saw Mayall a few months ago at a harmonica blowout; we shook hands.

"The ROLLING STONES are more than just a group--they are a way of life."--Andrew Loog Oldham

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)