Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Preview of New Hendrix Biopic. (Read 1,871 times)
Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Preview of New Hendrix Biopic.
Mar 6th, 2014 at 4:22pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
To watch the film go to the link.

See Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in Clip From 'All Is By My Side' Biopic
Exclusive footage from upcoming film shows guitarist grappling with decision to move to London
Comment
By
Nick Murray      
March 6, 2014 9:00 AM

The long-awaited Jimi Hendrix biopic All Is By My Side won't see its U.S. premiere until next week at South by Southwest 2014, but Rolling Stone is giving you a first look at Andre 3000 as the guitar god in an exclusive clip today. The video features Hendrix (played by the Outkast's MC) sitting next to friend Linda Keith (Imogen Poots) in a New York restaurant while future manager Chas Chandler (Andrew Buckley) attempts to convince him to move to London, where guitarists are playing music inspired by the blues.

Hendrix: Rolling Stone archives, photos, trivia and more

“I don't want to get caught up in those kind of labels, though,” replies Hendrix. “I don't want it to be, 'Well OK, he's playing the blues,' or 'He's playing R&B or soul or whatever'.” With the rapper-turned-actor speaking in a rising-and-falling British accent and twisting his afro as he delivers his lines, it's clear that he was serious when said that he “listened to hours of interviews. I watched films – watched his mannerisms" to understand Hendrix inside-out.

The movie screens on Wednesday, March 12th at Austin's Paramount Theatre and was written and directed by John Ridley. Accordingly to Ridley, this project began some seven years ago when the Oscar-winning screenwriter behind 12 Years a Slave discovered instrumental rarity “Sending My Love to Linda” and decided to learn more about the woman of the title. Linda, according Ridley's film, was Linda Keith, a former girlfriend of Keith Richards who became close with Hendrix and encouraged him to work on original material.

Ironically, due to the reluctance of Hendrix's estate, All Is By My Side won't feature any of the guitarist's compositions, but it will feature tunes written by Muddy Waters, the Beatles, the Troggs, and a handful of related artists.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/videos/see-andre-3000-as-jimi-hendrix-in-clip...
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Re: Preview of New Hendrix Biopic.
Reply #1 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 7:01pm
Cool! BTW, that Andrew Buckley really looks like Chas Chandler, but that girl as Linda and that boy as Jimi just look alikes

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #2 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 8:49pm
Nice scene...A3K really has Jimi down...this is the sort of film Jagger should be working on...nothing against the Godfather of Soul...it's just that Jagger was there in London when Hendrix exploded...ahhh...whatever.

Here is another article about all the film's music and the Hendrix estate...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/andre-3000-covers-beatles-muddy-waters-so...

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #3 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 9:12pm
I dunno.  No Hendrix-written songs smells of box-office death.  Apparently they couldn't even use a Hendrix-penned lyric line for the subtitle, which is limping right out of the gate.
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2014 at 9:13pm by andrews27 »  

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #4 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 9:23pm
andrews27 wrote on Mar 6th, 2014 at 9:12pm:
I dunno.  No Hendrix-written songs smells of box-office death.  Apparently they couldn't even use a Hendrix-penned lyric line for the subtitle, which is limping right out of the gate.

The film is about the "pre-famous" Jimi...I recall the same issues were brought up with the 1994 "pre-fame Fab Four biopic "BackBeat"...it was more of the story of Original Beatle Stu Sutcliffe and the Hamburg days...and was fairly well received...I thought it was a fine film

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)