Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stones In Exile - Sweet Virginia (Read 375 times)
parachuteman
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Toronto, Canada
Stones In Exile - Sweet Virginia
May 22nd, 2010 at 11:17am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
I posted this in another thread but didn't get a response and I'm kind of curious about this:

when i watched stones in exile on jimmy fallon, something jumped out at me
near the end when they were doing the country segment of the album, they played the highly circulated sweet virginia outtake in the background while showing a lot of outdoor footage with Mick holding a camera and then it sequed to the sweet virginia from L&G at around the "tryin' to stop the waves behind your eyeballs" line.

Now.. the footgage and audio looked/sounded like it was from L&G, EXCEPT the footage seemed like it was from a different camera angle and KEITHS VOCALS WERE WAY UP IN THE MIX. I was shocked hearing this. The thing about SV from L&G I always loved was keith's backing vocals, but I didn't realize how raw and not-refined his singing was on that song until I heard it on jimmy fallon. Towards the end of the first chorus he screeches pretty loud and I never noticed this whenever I watch L&G. You can even see Mick turn and look at him after he screeches.. i don't think he was a fan of keith singing like that.

Anyway, can someone comment on this? Was that short clip footage of the official L&G thats coming out? Are the vocals gonna be cranked that far up?

please allow me to release myself, I'm a man in need of a piss

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)