Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Lost my little mate today (Read 2,142 times)
Deathgod
Rocks Off Regular

The Artist Formerly Known
as Daethgod

Ocean Grove Australia Earth
Lost my little mate today
Feb 20th, 2010 at 3:10am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Today i said goodbye to my little mate of 17 years, Lucky.
Lucky had become blind and deaf and was starting to become distressed and a bit lost at home, so me and the wife decided it was time to visit the vet.
At the moment we are in shock, we have spoken briefly about it, but we decided today to call the vet at midday, and by 12.30 our best friend was gone.
God I miss him.
We both feel sick today, confused, sad and totally lost.
I have been reading up on grief and know these stages will pass, but at the moment i feel like shit.

I dont know why, but i just felt the need to post my thoughts, and a couple of pics of our buddy.... who knows it may help me feel a little less sad.

For Luckster - this place is empty, so empty, so empty without you.

RO old skool : Posts: 1170 | Registered: Nov 2002

IP Logged

Lantern_High
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: Lost my little mate today
Reply #1 - Feb 20th, 2010 at 5:52am
[quote author=Deathgod link=1266657017/0#0 date=1266657017]Today i said goodbye to my little mate of 17 years, Lucky.

I can understand how and you wife felt at the moment. when they are in our lives, they becomes part of the family. And when happen that for an ills or something else, they have to go, for us is always a big loss.
Thanks to sharing with us your thought.
It help.

...&&...

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #2 - Feb 20th, 2010 at 6:13am
My Heart goes out to you & you're family, it's such a big loss when a pet is taken away, especially after 17 years, it's the same as loosing a family member, I have a Jack Russell that I love & adore & I haven't had him that long so I know how you would feel.
You're dog was a cute little dog, thanks for sharing.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #3 - Feb 20th, 2010 at 6:41am
I know how you feel, Deathgod.

I lost my pet of 17 years a couple of years ago.
The little guy slept in my bed every night for all those years.
To me, it meant losing a family member and I still think of him almost every day.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #4 - Feb 20th, 2010 at 6:50am
Sorry for your loss, Peter!

IP Logged

jostorm
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #5 - Feb 20th, 2010 at 7:05am
I'm sooooo sorry, Daethgod, but I get the feeling that you and your wife gave him a fantastic life and also took the decision at the right time to allow him to have a good death, instead of letting him suffer unnecessarily just because you're too egotistical to let go. There is no greater love you could have shown him , so he was lucky to be part of your family ! We humans have to put up with any shit that life throws at us, no matter how much pain and cruel suffering it causes, but with animals we have the great privilege of allowing them to die fairly painlessly as a last act of love and mercy, and it's what you do BECAUSE you love them. I watch people all the time getting the point in time wrong, waiting too long until the suffering is appalling and they end up never forgiving themselves when they later realise what they did.
I hope that the feeling of bewilderment gets a bit easier to live with very soon and that the pain gives way to the lovely memories. They are our companions for such long chunks of our lives that when they go the pain of realising the mate and the years are gone forever is quite unbearable. It's so damn unfair that our pets have life spans so much shorter than ours...

IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #6 - Feb 20th, 2010 at 9:20am
i'm so very sorry for your loss - i went through a similar experience, recently, and it brings a lump to my throat, hearing of your distress and grief....... best wishes to you, mate.

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #7 - Feb 20th, 2010 at 9:39am

Sorry for your loss, Deathgod.

RIP Lucky.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #8 - Feb 20th, 2010 at 9:40am
My best to you as you move on. losing a great friend is never easy. I lost my dog a few years back and can't bring myself to ever get another one. cherish the great memories my stones friend.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #9 - Feb 20th, 2010 at 9:50am
Sorry about your loss, is always sad to lose a pet and 17 years is too much, I have Boxers and they live less (around 11 years)

To be honest in one way it was "good" (a relief) to see it's your dog and not a relative or a friend, I don't want to read more about people pssing away so please do not die before me you fine people

« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2010 at 9:52am by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland »  

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #10 - Feb 20th, 2010 at 9:52am
" Today i said goodbye to my little mate of 17 years, Lucky.  "

So sorry for your loss  --- RIP Lucky !

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Ginda
Rocks Off Regular

The ghost of Belle Starr

WA State
Reply #11 - Feb 20th, 2010 at 10:27am
RIP Lucky.  Jostorm said it best - you and your wife gave the little guy a good life and a gentle death when it was time.  I know how hard it is, but being there with him at the end will bring you peace.  It's the last act of kindness you can show a pet and you didn't shirk from it.  That ride to and from the vet's office is one of the longest and saddest I've ever taken.
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2010 at 10:36am by Ginda »  

"I am a friend to any brave and gallant outlaw"

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #12 - Feb 20th, 2010 at 10:27am
Oh, I'm so, so sorry for your loss. Sad He was absolutely adorable, and I know, such a comfort and friend to you. I do remember that first day--and the "sunken" feeling in the pit of your stomach. Sad The shock, the grief.....Sad Take as much time as you need to grieve--to feel and to miss and to love. You know you have so many friends here who care...

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

Gimme Shelter
Rocks Off Regular

THE ROLLING STONES #1

Bend, OR
Reply #13 - Feb 20th, 2010 at 11:25am
What an adorable dog. Losing an animal is like losing a member of the family. So sorry for your loss, my prayers are with you, your family, and Lucky.

Music, to me, is the joy, right? I love my kids most of the time, and I love my wife most of the time. Music I love all the time. It's the only constant thing in my life. It's the one thing you can count on. :Keith Richards 1993

&&... &&...
https://www.facebook.com/MARKMMCCOLLUM  
IP Logged

Holden
Rocks Off Regular

Tampa Bay
Reply #14 - Feb 20th, 2010 at 1:00pm
This poem helped me out when I lost my pet. Hopefully it'll do the same for you. It's called "Rainbow Bridge:"

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

mrhipfl  
IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #15 - Feb 20th, 2010 at 1:05pm
So sorry for your loss Deathgod.

Riffy

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

BILL PERKS
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Reply #16 - Feb 20th, 2010 at 2:30pm
SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS,I KNOW HOW HARD IT IS..TAKE COMFORT IN KNOWING YOU GAVE YOUR DOG A GREAT LIFE.

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #17 - Feb 20th, 2010 at 2:40pm

Dear Daethgod;

I'm so sorry for your loss of Lucky.  I'm very attached to my neighbor's dog--Bailey...who is a speed demon and a menace muffin.   She is part German Shephard who likes to climb trees...rotfl.

Lucky was a beautiful sweet puppy....you and your family were fortunate to share your time with him.   I hope Lucky found peace and happiness.

FG!
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2010 at 2:46pm by Factory Girl »  

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

RSRTG
Rocks Off Regular

Adelaide, Australia
Reply #18 - Feb 20th, 2010 at 6:23pm
RIP Lucky.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #19 - Feb 20th, 2010 at 6:43pm
What a bummer. That's never easy. But obviously you gave Lucky a lot of love. It was his time and he passed knowing that he was greatly loved. Best wishes.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #20 - Feb 20th, 2010 at 8:36pm
Sorry there Mobbs!
May the good memories bring you strength

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #21 - Feb 20th, 2010 at 8:37pm
Cute dog! Sorry you're going to miss him! Maybe you will get another dog someday, who will be cute too! Alot of people end up getting another pet to fill in that void sooner or later.  Cry
or
Look at the bright side! You can take a few trips and not have to worry about who will be taking care of the dog. You can save money on dog food. You dont have to go outside in the bad weather to walk him. You dont have to pick up smelly dog poo. You wont have to vacuum up pet hair. You wont have to pay for expensive visits to the vet.  You'll have more time to yourself.

IP Logged

platter
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Feb 20th, 2010 at 9:28pm
pomaranian dogs have an annoying high pitched bark.  i know someone who owns 2 of these things and you can hear them from a mile away.  i would never own one

IP Logged

Lantern_High
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #23 - Feb 20th, 2010 at 10:31pm
I'd a beautiful siamese for about 20 years. When she died, I and my sis was in big grieve.
She was so sweet and cute. slept with me all the nights. A very big loss.
Now I'd take another kitten, and a dobermann, who all the two sleep on the bed with me every night.
Platter, I bet you could not ever do the same.
Own pets make something of special on you. To whom dont like animals.. need to beware.
I prefer their company more that one of the people.

...&&...

IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Mickville Virginny USA
Reply #24 - Feb 20th, 2010 at 11:59pm
Your friend had a long good life Buddy. Time will heal the hurt, keep the Memory alive, Many of us understand and give you our help in strength.
Stay Strong and always remember IMo all living things have souls "that soul is not gone it lives in your heart"

The Core Of The Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts Hi-Hat/The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me/And Then We Became Naked/After the Skeet Shoot & Sweet Dreams Mary & #9 11/22/1968 @#500 2/19/2010 @#800 4/09/2011 @#888 10/28/2011 @#1000 2/2/12

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)