Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Empower Field Mile High, Denver CO, June 20, 2024 © Helen H. Richardson/The Denver Post (fire by Voodoo)

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Aerosmith's Tyler Packs It In (Read 4,456 times)
gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Aerosmith's Tyler Packs It In
Nov 7th, 2009 at 4:11pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Perry says Tyler quits Aerosmith

By WENN.COM

Steven Tyler and Joe Perry of the group Aerosmith in 2006. (AP file photo) 

Steven Tyler has quit Aerosmith, according to the band's guitarist Joe Perry.

It comes just months after the singer spoke out publicly to dismiss reports the band was on the verge of splitting following a year of cancelled tour dates, injuries and accidents.

In August, Tyler broke his shoulder after falling off stage while performing in South Dakota, and the group was forced to scrap the remainder of its summer tour.

Perry admitted that following the accident he and Tyler didn't speak for more than a month, prompting rumours the band's future was in jeopardy.

And it seems fans' fears were justified - guitarist Perry has revealed his pal has left the rock group after its performance as part of the Formula One racing season's final weekend in Abu Dhabi last weekend.

He tells the Las Vegas Sun, "Steven quit as far as I can tell. I don't know any more than you do about it. I got off the plane two nights ago. I saw online that Steven said that he was going to leave the band. I don't know for how long, indefinitely or whatever. Other than that, I don't know." 

Perry claims the discord in the band is down to Tyler's lack of communication, including his failure to return phone calls: "He's notorious for that. That's one thing I've learned to live with. I try to overlook it. I like to pick my battles.

"Frankly, the last few months I've been wanting not to rock the boat. I don't want him cancelling any more gigs. We really wanted to do these last four. We just kind of didn't want to call him out or anything and get him anymore p**sed off, for whatever reason. So we just let things lie. So we did the gigs and, like I said, I got off the plane and saw this online. That's how I know about it... He has had no contact with me or the other band members."

But Perry is determined to continue with Aerosmith, even if Tyler refuses to return.

He adds, "Right now I'm adjusting to how we're going to go on. Aerosmith is such a powerful band, I mean it's like a steam locomotive. You just can't disregard 40 years of four guys who play together as well as they do. We're just trying to - at least I am - trying to figure out what direction the band should take.

"As far as replacing Steve, it's not just about that, it's also four guys that play extremely well together, and I'm not going to see that go to waste. I really don't know what path it's going to take at this point, but we'll probably find somebody else that will sing in those spots where we need a singer and then we'll be able to move the Aerosmith up a notch, move the vibe up a notch."

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Holden
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Tampa Bay
Re: Aerosmith's Tyler Packs It In
Reply #1 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 5:11pm
Unreal. Glad I got to seem 'em while I had the chance, they rocked! Aerosmith without Tyler will have no appeal whatsoever.

mrhipfl  
IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #2 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 5:15pm
70's Aerosmith were great.  I've see them live at least twice in 1990's, and they kicked ass.  Steven Tyler looked right at me.   Wink

I hope they stay together.

Joe Perry was/is a righteous STUD MUFFIN.   He is HOT HOT...

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #3 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 5:22pm
Aerosmith with out Tyler is like the Stones without Jagger. Tough or nearly impossible to replace, with one exception ~ a hipper, younger 'unknown' dude with a great voice.  Journey was lucky to find a replacement for Steve Perry when they saw a Youtube video of some Indonesian dude singing Journey. That was a lucky break because that dude is awesome, I saw him perform and he nails it!

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #4 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 5:24pm
ah christ another areolasmyth breakup. they'll prolly kiss and make up after joe plays a few dates to scattered pub audiences and steve buys a few new scarves. please not another right in the nuts.............
« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2009 at 5:25pm by mojoman »  

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #5 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 5:40pm
Remember the Joe Perry Project?

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

Holden
Rocks Off Regular

Tampa Bay
Reply #6 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 6:08pm
Factory Girl wrote on Nov 7th, 2009 at 5:40pm:

I quite enjoyed that album. Brad can play circles around Joe though. Wink

mrhipfl  
IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #7 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 6:28pm
How many times has he quit the band now?

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #8 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 6:40pm
Bitch wrote on Nov 7th, 2009 at 5:22pm:
Aerosmith with out Tyler is like the Stones without Jagger. Tough or nearly impossible to replace, with one exception ~ a hipper, younger 'unknown' dude with a great voice.  Journey was lucky to find a replacement for Steve Perry when they saw a Youtube video of some Indonesian dude singing Journey. That was a lucky break because that dude is awesome, I saw him perform and he nails it!

Actually Journey's replacement for Steve Perry is from the Philippines.
"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VccPl_uLpWA"

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #9 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 6:56pm

fuk yea, they played at a pub at my alma mater to about a hundred people in 81. sadly.....not i went to see the stones. lol!!

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #10 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 7:12pm
Heart of Stone, thanks for the video clip. Yeah I thought he was from the Phillipines, so if it is Indonesia, oops I made a mistake!!

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Rocks Off Regular

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #11 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 7:36pm
Tyler has turned into a complete nut job. Aerosmith should carry on without him. The Joe Perry Project is coming to town in a couple of weeks. Might go check him out. Heard a couple of songs on his new album. Not bad.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #12 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 8:37pm
Bitch wrote on Nov 7th, 2009 at 7:12pm:
Heart of Stone, thanks for the video clip. Yeah I thought he was from the Phillipines, so if it is Indonesia, oops I made a mistake!!

eah...He is either ROM the Philippines...or he's Filipino-American...but they just released a new live DVD..."live From manila"...so it makes sense...that is, if you think the world really needs another live version of "Don't Stop, Believing"

IP Logged

TomL
Rocks Off Regular

Change the Fucking sets

Sweet Virginia
Reply #13 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 9:50pm
agree bitch. smoking more weed is good for your health

...Her love is ecstasy When her arms enfold me I hear her tender rhapsody But in reality, she doesn't Fucking know me...JMI once again..... running away with me...........

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #14 - Nov 8th, 2009 at 12:17am
Bitch wrote on Nov 7th, 2009 at 5:22pm:
Aerosmith with out Tyler is like the Stones without Jagger. Tough or nearly impossible to replace, with one exception ~ a hipper, younger 'unknown' dude with a great voice.  Journey was lucky to find a replacement for Steve Perry when they saw a Youtube video of some Indonesian dude singing Journey. That was a lucky break because that dude is awesome, I saw him perform and he nails it!

So here in the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts, just a mere five miles from Nipmuc High School, where it all began, conventional wisdom is it ain't over 'till the fat lady sings.  Tyler will probably go solo for a while.  Just long enough to get back to rehab & re-join the band.  Bitch nailed it, but another singer?  Journey is one thing as Steve Perry is eons ago & two singers ago now, and that cat from Philippines is alright.  No replacing Tyler.  The guy from Joe Perry's solo cd could cover it, as he's got range.  Maybe this will kick Tyler upside the head to smarten up.  This is very similar to another band who suffered from lead singer disease in the 80's.....

We were just talking tonight how 'smith played our high school in the spring of '74, right after Get Your Wings was released.  The local college would get Ritchie Havens, some other folk acts.  Aerosmith was the cat's meow, nothing like it since in our sleepy town.  It was a project out together by the Student Council at the time.  'Smith used to play all of the Elk's, VFW, Legion Halls & ballrooms all around us all of the time.   Really cool stuff to see what they went on to be.  Long live original Aerosmith..

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #15 - Nov 8th, 2009 at 12:48am
aerosmith have always given me hives.

i am surprised to see well respected posters/regulars speak fondly of them. i would rather eat a peanut butter and broken glass sandwich than listen to that band. is it me?

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #16 - Nov 8th, 2009 at 1:05am
Buckopuckett, for me it's what we were lucky to have going for us in our backyard.  'Smith, J Geils, Boston, The Cars-they were all part of the fabric of our area in the 70's & early 80's.  They were all over radio & tv, played all the juke joints & bars.  Chase them from one show to another.  Too cool for school.  Google "Boston Tea Party" to see what international acts came thru that venue & most of these bands were right there every night watching & dreaming of what it could be like.  They would go back to their cramped cellar studios & 4.00 cover gigs to play for days, seeking that one hit to make it.  We were right there to watch it all unfold.  Would not have it any other way.....

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

Jumping Jack
Rocks Off Regular

Atlanta
Reply #17 - Nov 8th, 2009 at 3:30am
Who is the bigger drunk/druggie f-up, S Tyler or R Wood?

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #18 - Nov 8th, 2009 at 4:40am

IP Logged

Lazy Bones
Rocks Off Regular

Canada
Reply #19 - Nov 8th, 2009 at 7:20am
Factory Girl wrote on Nov 8th, 2009 at 4:40am:

Looks like he's trying to be someone he's not.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #20 - Nov 8th, 2009 at 11:37am

The way these guys are sniping at each other via the press is just sad.

If it is the end, they're going out with a whimper, not a bang.

IP Logged

BrendanD
Rocks Off Regular

New Jersey
Reply #21 - Nov 8th, 2009 at 2:04pm
"the last few months I've been wanting not to rock the boat."

Seems like that's all this guys been doing since they cancelled their tour.  Being quoted in the press with things like 'get your shit together, Steven' and 'he just up and quit... as far as I know' is anything but avoiding conflict.  If Perry doesn't learn to keep a lid on it this could turn out sadder than Van Halen.

Would be great if they could get their shit together and do another rock album.  They play well as a band, but going on without Steven Tyler would be just about the dumbest idea any band has come up with since having a couple of fans play Guitar Hero as the opening act to a summer tour..

IP Logged

ijwthstd
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #22 - Nov 8th, 2009 at 2:21pm

Yes, saw them a few weeks ago at the 250 capacity Viper Room. It was an amazing show.

At this point since the 4 other members still have it together and are still a great band when they wanna be, they might as well keep it going. They are in their 60's now and have had health issues of their own. No point in waiting around for someone else to get it together. Don't think they can do arenas or sheds at $200 each but I would pay $50-80 to see the 4 of them with another singer in a small to midsize venue.

"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest.&&&&http://www.soundcloud.com/thesameoldsauce
TotallyRandomDan  
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Rocks Off Regular

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #23 - Nov 8th, 2009 at 5:20pm
Starbuck wrote on Nov 8th, 2009 at 12:48am:
aerosmith have always given me hives.

i am surprised to see well respected posters/regulars speak fondly of them. i would rather eat a peanut butter and broken glass sandwich than listen to that band. is it me?

They're no Old Crow Medicine Show. But they're still pretty good. piss off

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

TomL
Rocks Off Regular

Change the Fucking sets

Sweet Virginia
Reply #24 - Nov 8th, 2009 at 5:27pm
Hey Nell, Magic Dick with the baby sax. I love old J. Giles. Give It To Me.

...Her love is ecstasy When her arms enfold me I hear her tender rhapsody But in reality, she doesn't Fucking know me...JMI once again..... running away with me...........

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)