Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Empower Field Mile High, Denver CO, June 20, 2024 © Helen H. Richardson/The Denver Post (fire by Voodoo)

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ronnie: another award! (Read 1,117 times)
jostorm
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Ronnie: another award!
Nov 4th, 2009 at 11:40am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Reuters Moscow
November 4th 2009 5:20pm
Ludmilla Saccharovic

VODKA SMIRNOFF, globally the most famous of all vodka brands on the international market, announced today that a new award has been created . The first Smirnoff Vodka was produced in the early 1860's by Piort Arsenyevitch Smirnov in a Russian town. He was also the first person to use charcoal filtration in his distilling process. During the Russian Revolution the distillery was confiscated by the state, but one of the founder'sע sons left Russia and moved to Paris. Here he met an American businessman who thought that perhaps the Russian Vodka would find a market in the United States. In March of 1934 Smirnoff Vodka was introduced to the United States. Smirnoff Vodka is still owned and distributed by Heublein, and produced by Ste Pierre Smirnoff.

The award, consisting of a gold-plated Smirnoff bottle and a cheque over 100000 Rubles, to be spent at any rehabilitation centre of the winner's choice, will be presented on 10th November 2009 for the first time in Moscow . This year's winner, the famous Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood, was chosen by an international panel of celebrities and media glitterati. The five finalists in this competition were invited to Moscow, Ronnie Wood being the only one who could still stand and hold on to his glass after downing three entire bottles. His current live-in-lover Ekaterina didn't exactly refuse to comment on the matter, but was too incoherent to give an interview to Reuters.

Ouch!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Re: Ronnie: another award!
Reply #1 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 12:12pm
Grin

Piort Arsenyevitch Smirnov - that's some name. Now we know why Smirnoff makes you shitfaced.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #2 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 12:27pm
Grin Smiley Smiley

LOL

Ronnie + Rehab = A tour is coming (and the sponsor will be...) Ouch! Ouch!

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #3 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 12:48pm
Hilarious, I guess of all people Ronnie should get it, I remember Janis Joplin got a cheque from Southern Comfort for thousands of $ for publicly advertising their product back in the 70's, & it wasn't her intention to do so.
Ronnie & rehab, yeah, The Stones are getting ready to tour & the sponsor will be some Beer company.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

jostorm
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #4 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 2:53am
Here's Ronnie singing, only slightly smirnoffed....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0T_lMjPmOo

And here are a few memorable words: Hit us with your quotations, Ronnie!

People often get the wrong impression of Mick. The clever businessman is just one side of Mick. The other side is the same as the rest of us, a true rocker!
Ron Wood

The last show we played, I was straight as a die. It did feel weird not to be hiding behind alcohol or dope, but being focused was... good.
Ron Wood

There's a basic rule which runs through all kinds of music, kind of an unwritten rule. I don't know what it is. But I've got it.
Ron Wood

They say you can smoke 400 cigs a day and drink 20 cups of coffee, but you can't have a line or a drink again.
Ron Wood

We got touring with the Stones, and people were trying to keep up with Keith. He's like a human machine with a constitution of iron, and they all thought they could do the same.
Ron Wood

We're great, Jo and me. We're pals, and I guess sex has a lot to do with it. She's also brilliant at clearing a room. So protective, so devoted. I can't believe how much she loves me.
Ron Wood

What can I say, I'm an alcoholic. It's what I do.
Ron Wood

When I first saw Jo, I said boom, that was it, because I'm a one-woman man.
Ron Wood

When I first started all this, it was mostly music fans that came along, Stones fans. But now, I'm being taken seriously. I've got highfalutin' art collectors and everything!
Ron Wood

When I'm left on my own I'm my own worst enemy.
Ron Wood

With every gig we have to prove ourselves better than the night before.
Ron Wood

You don't make solo albums to have hits.
Ron Wood

All of us can't wait to get out there whatever way.
Ron Wood

Having loved the Stones all the time I was growing up, I wasn't about to see them go and split up. It got very close to it in the 80s, when Mick thought that Keith hated him and vice versa.
Ron Wood

I always want to rock.
Ron Wood

I can't be left unsupervised.
Ron Wood

I go off into Dublin and two days later I'm spotted walking by the Liffey with a whole bunch of new friends.
Ron Wood

I heard this massive thud. I spun around, and there Keith was, on the ground. He'd cut his gums up on impact, he was very bloody, and clutching his head. I think it was a kind of wake-up call for him.
Ron Wood

I just think my body can't handle it any more. I did try a little drink a while back, and I was actually physically ill. I went into an immediate depression, and felt awful, just dreadful. So that's it. I'm over it now.
Ron Wood

I like it when journalists are nice to me, and it's happening more and more.
Ron Wood

I love to go to Ireland just to relax.
Ron Wood

I'm a Gemini, so I have a great time with the other guy.
Ron Wood

I'm terrible with money, absolutely awful. I'm always losing it.
Ron Wood

I've got an article where my mum says that I used to run home from school to watch the Stones on TV. Right from when I was at college I wanted to be in that band.
Ron Wood

In my family, they were all big boozers.
Ron Wood

It's taken folk a while to come around, hasn't it? Even the boys in the band weren't too sure about the whole art thing. They just wanted me to concentrate on the music. But they respect it now.
Ron Wood

Jo left me a few months ago for 10 days. I get this note: I'll come back when the real Ronnie comes back.
Ron Wood

Let's face it: I paint well. I know it, you know it. There's no arguing really, is there?
Ron Wood

Mick has expressed an interest in coming to the gallery tonight because he's seen me behaving myself lately. He is being much more supportive, which is nice.
Ron Wood

Mick says, Would you join the band? I say to him, Mick, you know I'd be there in a New York minute.
Ron Wood

My dad lived till he was 78, my mum was in her 80s, and I've got two uncles who are in their 90s now.
Ron Wood

My real self is probably more creative and more frightening than any sort of drink or drug-induced state.
Ron Wood

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #5 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 7:05am
Gazza wrote on Nov 4th, 2009 at 12:12pm:
Grin

Piort Arsenyevitch Smirnov - that's some name. Now we know why Smirnoff makes you shitfaced.

Piotr Arsenyevich Smirnov is a typical Russian name.  Piotr is Peter in Russia.  Arsenyevitch is based on his father's first name, which is Arseny.  Smirnov is the last name. 

In Russia, everyone's middle name is their father's first name.   That would make me Factory Girl Alexandrovna.  Cheesy

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #6 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 7:21am
Jo...this is way too much!!!

Thanks so much for the good laugh! Grin Grin Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?
« Last Edit: Nov 5th, 2009 at 7:36am by PartyDoll MEG »  

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #7 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 7:29am
That he is receiving this award at this point in his life--with his past--is really very sad and pathetic.

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #8 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 8:06am
Well deserved!

IP Logged

jostorm
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #9 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 12:57pm
lotsajizz wrote on Nov 5th, 2009 at 7:29am:
That he is receiving this award at this point in his life--with his past--is really very sad and pathetic.

pssssst, jizzy!

The article is fake, here in Europe we call this sort of thing a "joke", but it may just have sunk in the Atlantic while in transit......

you made a grown man cry

PS: You're welcome, Meggypoo....

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #10 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 1:07pm
The North American Indians used to call whiskey "Fire water" every time I drank Vodka (straight without any mix) it always reminded me of that, in that it's got no taste except alcohol, fire water for sure.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #11 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 3:06pm
Bitch wrote on Nov 5th, 2009 at 8:06am:
Well deserved!

Ouch!

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #12 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 3:07pm
Factory Girl wrote on Nov 5th, 2009 at 7:05am:
Grin

Piotr Arsenyevich Smirnov is a typical Russian name.  Piotr is Peter in Russia.  Arsenyevitch is based on his father's first name, which is Arseny.  Smirnov is the last name.  

In Russia, everyone's middle name is their father's first name.   That would make me Factory Girl Alexandrovna.  Cheesy

Your dad's first name was 'Girl' ??

... ... ...
IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #13 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 3:49pm
jostorm wrote on Nov 5th, 2009 at 2:53am:

I don't know why I continue to watch this video! It's too painful to watch, really. Ronnie is just such a parody of himself, and the excesses of rock and roll. He's soused. What an embarrassment. He'd do well to watch this performance on a sober moment.

Riffy

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #14 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 3:50pm
Gazza wrote on Nov 5th, 2009 at 3:07pm:
Factory Girl wrote on Nov 5th, 2009 at 7:05am:
Grin

Piotr Arsenyevich Smirnov is a typical Russian name.  Piotr is Peter in Russia.  Arsenyevitch is based on his father's first name, which is Arseny.  Smirnov is the last name.  

In Russia, everyone's middle name is their father's first name.   That would make me Factory Girl Alexandrovna.  Cheesy

Your dad's first name was 'Girl' ??

"Factory Girl" is my first "name".  My dad's name was Alexander.

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #15 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 5:22pm
Quote:
We're great, Jo and me. We're pals, and I guess sex has a lot to do with it. She's also brilliant at clearing a room. 
Ron Wood

oh. my. god.

hilarious!  (is jo on the market? cleaning and sex....sounds like a dream woman.)

Quote:
Ron Wood

he should post here more often.

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

jostorm
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #16 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 2:38am
Starbuck wrote on Nov 5th, 2009 at 5:22pm:
[quote]We're great, Jo and me. We're pals, and I guess sex has a lot to do with it. She's also brilliant at clearing a room.  
Ron Wood

oh. my. god.

hilarious!  (is jo on the market? cleaning and sex....sounds like a dream woman.)

I'm sorry to be smashing your hopes like this, Starbuck, but sadly I'm already taken.....
Jo
« Last Edit: Nov 6th, 2009 at 2:42am by jostorm »  

IP Logged

CS
Rocks Off Regular

Hell
Reply #17 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 5:40pm

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #18 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 6:48pm
Riffhard wrote on Nov 5th, 2009 at 3:49pm:

I don't know why I continue to watch this video! It's too painful to watch, really. Ronnie is just such a parody of himself, and the excesses of rock and roll. He's soused. What an embarrassment. He'd do well to watch this performance on a sober moment.

Riffy

Christ. That was brutal. I'd never seen that before. Cant believe he was allowed to go out in public in that condition, let alone attempt to perform.

If some homeless guy was singing like that on the street corner, you'd cross the road - you'd only throw him a few pence if he had a cute dog with him.

... ... ...
IP Logged

stonedinaustralia
Rocks Off Regular

wake up crackers or we
all through!!

Reply #19 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 6:51pm
Starbuck wrote on Nov 5th, 2009 at 5:22pm:
Quote:
We're great, Jo and me. We're pals, and I guess sex has a lot to do with it. She's also brilliant at clearing a room.  
Ron Wood

oh. my. god.

hilarious!  (is jo on the market? cleaning and sex....sounds like a dream woman.)

Quote:
Ron Wood

he should post here more often.  

bucky he said clearing not  cleaning ...i presume  as in get rid of hangers  on  and other  undesireables

a so called  fruedian slip?

"you can see it against the girl's crocheted dress"

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #20 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 6:53pm
Gazza wrote on Nov 6th, 2009 at 6:48pm:
Riffhard wrote on Nov 5th, 2009 at 3:49pm:

Riffy

Christ. That was brutal. I'd never seen that before. Cant believe he was allowed to go out in public in that condition, let alone attempt to perform.

If some homeless guy was singing like that on the street corner, you'd cross the road - you'd only throw him a few pence if he had a cute dog with him.

I could only watch the first minute or so-..

Painful sums it up..

and even with a cute dog, I wouldn't leave him a few pence...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)