Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RIP MICHAEL ENGLISH (Read 264 times)
Gimme Shelter
Rocks Off Regular

THE ROLLING STONES #1

Bend, OR
RIP MICHAEL ENGLISH
Oct 16th, 2009 at 10:47am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
The artist Michael English has passed away. He, with Nigel Waymouth, designed artworks in the 60s for The Who, Pink Floyd etc. His poster for 'I Can See For Miles' is featured in the new WHO SELL OUT package that designed by thewho.com's art director, Richard Evans.
"Michael English and Nigel Waymouth's artworks personified the true image of the British Sixties scene," says Richard. "Their work was unique and, for a young buck like myself, an incredible inspiration. The last time we spoke was earlier this year when I was producing the artwork for THE WHO SELL OUT deluxe edition. I can honestly say I wouldn't have picked an airbrush up if it hadn't been for Michael."

Music, to me, is the joy, right? I love my kids most of the time, and I love my wife most of the time. Music I love all the time. It's the only constant thing in my life. It's the one thing you can count on. :Keith Richards 1993

&&... &&...
https://www.facebook.com/MARKMMCCOLLUM  
IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Re: RIP MICHAEL ENGLISH
Reply #1 - Oct 16th, 2009 at 2:51pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
R.I.P. - a truly gifted artist.
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2009 at 2:53pm by GotToRollMe »  

"She delivers right on time,&&I can't resist a corny line, &&But take the shine right off your shoes"&&&&"When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it." - TomL '07&&...        ...        ...          ...          ...&&..'til the wheels come off...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)