Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ronnie working on new album "I feel like playing"? (Read 1,105 times)
gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Paris, France
Ronnie working on new album "I feel like playing"?
Oct 13th, 2009 at 7:48pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Searched here but couldn't find any previous discussion, anyone know about "I feel like playing" mentioned on Ronnie's site here : http://www.ronniewood.com/HoldingPage/Default.aspx

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Re: Ronnie working on new album "I feel like playi
Reply #1 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 9:36pm
gotdablouse wrote on Oct 13th, 2009 at 7:48pm:
Searched here but couldn't find any previous discussion, anyone know about "I feel like playing" mentioned on Ronnie's site here : http://www.ronniewood.com/HoldingPage/Default.aspx

Sad to see that tease has not updated for a few months.  Thanks for
breathing life into this again.

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #2 - Oct 14th, 2009 at 6:22am
he was recording it a few months ago - it was tentatively titled 'More Good News' back then.  I think it may be out before the end of the year.

His website is being redesigned - probably not only to coincide with the new album but because the old one (which was run by his son) was extremely 'Jo-friendly'.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #3 - Oct 14th, 2009 at 12:15pm
Thanks, sounds good.

I relistened to "Not for Beginners" from 2001 recently and quite liked it, his best solo album IMHO, definitely has something going for it.

I think you'd seen him onstage at that time, with Slash possibly, and commenting that Ronnie was not in a great shape, always wondered what was wrong with him since he seemed fine a year later, was he just a bit drunk ?

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #4 - Oct 14th, 2009 at 3:14pm
He didnt dry out until early 2002, when he went to a clinic to get clean for the Stones' Licks tour.

He came onstage carrying a glass of red wine and was smoking and drinking throughout the gig (this was around the time where he'd featured on the front of the Sunday People saying he had been told he would be dead in a year from emphysema if he didnt give up smoking), so I sorta feared the worst when I first saw him!

The show (this was at Vicar Street in Dublin in December 2001 - one of 3 shows he did to promote his new album, the other 2 being in London) was good fun and he played Ok, but Slash really took the gig onto another level. He came on after about 6 songs and played the rest of the show (it lasted about 2 hours). The rest of the band seemed a bit unrehearsed, though.

Still, it was great to see Ronnie play in a club which held about 800 people.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Mel Belli
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #5 - Oct 14th, 2009 at 3:40pm
The last album barely cracked the 1,000 mark in sales.

fka Sandrew (a proud Rocks Off member since November 2001)&&&&"The Rolling Stones don't want any money ... so I'll keep it." - Melvin Belli, "Gimme Shelter"&&&&"We act so greedy, makes me sick sick sick."&&&&...

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #6 - Oct 14th, 2009 at 3:42pm
Thanks for refreshing my memory, so it was "only" the booze.

Did that show ever leak out ? Need to look it up, Slash certainly had some nice licks, too bad he's not much of a songwriter and hasn't been up to much of interest for years now, since the early 90s really...

I'm going to listen to NFB again!

continued : it sold how much,  1000 ?! Poor distribution I'm guessing. Did "Slide on This" do a  lot better ? Bill German mentions in his book that Ronnie had problems getting a record deal for it.
« Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2009 at 3:44pm by gotdablouse »  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #7 - Oct 14th, 2009 at 5:00pm
I think at least two of the Woody shows are in circulation. Maybe one of the London ones isnt (I think one was a an 'elite' club show, but the one at Shepherds Bush is in circulation)

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #8 - Oct 14th, 2009 at 5:11pm
Mel Belli wrote on Oct 14th, 2009 at 3:40pm:

Really? Jesus wept. I know it was released on a very small label, and maybe the distribution potential was a bit limited, but thats hard to fathom. You'd think that even having Bob Dylan on one track would make it even slightly collectible.

I think it came out the same week as 'Goddess in the Doorway' and that album's sales were crappy as well.

Its hard to comprehend that a band that can get four or five million people worldwide to fork out large amounts of money on concert tickets and which can still put out million selling studio albums cant muster more than a thousand hardcore fans who will buy a solo album by one of the band members. Ronnie even promoted it on the Jonathan Ross Show too - that should have helped a bit.

Makes you wonder who, 8 years later in an area of plummeting record sales due to illegal downloading, who his new album is going to attract. Especially as Ronnie is about as popular at the minute as a fart in a space suit - his own family can't even be relied upon to buy it.
« Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2009 at 5:12pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #9 - Oct 14th, 2009 at 6:59pm
Gazza wrote on Oct 14th, 2009 at 5:11pm:
Mel Belli wrote on Oct 14th, 2009 at 3:40pm:

Its hard to comprehend that a band that can get four or five million people worldwide to fork out large amounts of money on concert tickets and which can still put out million selling studio albums cant muster more than a thousand hardcore fans who will buy a solo album by one of the band members.

BECAUSE We're broke !!! from buying said tickets!!!

Remember to keep your nose to the grindstone, your shoulder to the wheel, your feet on the ground, your eye on the ball, your ear to the ground, your finger on the pulse, your head on your shoulders, the pedal to the metal, a song in your heart, your hand on the helm and the bull by the horns

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #10 - Oct 15th, 2009 at 9:59am
Wow, 1.5 stars on the normally lenient AMG -> http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:gvfwxqu0ldje !

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #11 - Oct 16th, 2009 at 6:32am
Gazza wrote:Especially as Ronnie is about as popular at the minute as a fart in a space suit - his own family can't even be relied upon to buy it.
Gazza your words kill me!

Lack of sales is reflected by poor advertising and distribution. IF WE DONT HEAR ABOUT IT, than how are we supposed become interested in buying it? There are certainly more than 1000 RONNIE fans ~ those sales figures are embarassing! RONNIE needs a new PR person. GAZZA you should apply for the job! (except the fact that you hate RONNIE these days, you dont share his lack of values which is evident in your posts.)

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #12 - Oct 16th, 2009 at 7:56am
I dont hate him at all (its not really in my nature to 'hate' anyone. Especially someone I dont know). He's a Stone for Chrissakes. When he releases his record, I'll be buying it and if he plays near me again I'll be going. He's never done anything to make me 'hate' him. Not even close.

I just think he's behaving like an asshole and has become an embarrassment to his family. I dont see why whatever 'values' he or anyone has should be admired just because he's a member of a band I happen to like.

My main sentiment towards him is that I hope he sorts his life out before its too late, because I think he's heading 90 mph down a one way street in the wrong direction and he'll probably be dead within the next couple of years.

I think that indicates more compassion for him than that shown by some people (not you) who profess to be fans and who are encouraging him down the path of self destruction just because its a 'rock n roll' thing to do.

With regard to lack of knowledge or availability of a record, there's no excuse in this day and age for a member of the Rolling Stones - a band who carry enormous media clout and have a publicity machine every other act can only dream of - to be in a position where they release a product whose existence escapes everyone's attention.
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2009 at 7:59am by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)