Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
U2 in The Red on Tour? (Read 2,629 times)
mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Re: U2 in The Red on Tour?
Reply #25 - Oct 12th, 2009 at 9:42am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
I thought their new album was, for the most part, pants

translation?

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #26 - Oct 12th, 2009 at 10:13am
Pants = shite

'Magnificent' was very good, though. Just cant warm to the rest of it.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Rhode Island
Reply #27 - Oct 12th, 2009 at 1:35pm
I was slow to the new album---hearing it live changed my mind.  My problem was I didn't turn it up loud at first; definitely an album made to play loud.

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

corgi37
Rocks Off Regular

Aussie land
Reply #28 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 5:51am
I cannot dig in the round stages. There is no focal point. They are trying to do too many things at once. They aint singing to YOU. They are singing to the surrounds. Nah, cant dig it.

I aint no peace freak

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #29 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 6:20am
Not IMHO.  The way U-2 does it, they play to EVERYONE, not just the select few in the front rows (i.e. Mick in 'Shine A Light' with the shipped-in models who didn't even know the songs they were hearing).

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #30 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 6:51am
The U2 360^ stage set-up is the ultimate best stadium prop I've ever seen ~ it is fvcking AMAZING and if you get the chance to see it, GO!  Stadiums are my least favorite venues but U2 found a way to make everyone in the house have a good, large, clear views of the band with great sound, and very pretty light shows and visuals. It's beautiful, seriously, it's awesome! Bono has a seriously large ego so maybe this is a reflection, to be the biggest, the best, out-do the Stones and anyone else. I bet when MICK saw this set-up he was jealous! And MICK will probably try to think of ways to out-do this but that is going to be very tough to accomplish.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #31 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 9:10am
I seriously hope he doesnt even think of doing so. There'll be no room left for any fans at this rate. This 'my dick is bigger than yours' contest between both bands over the last 15 years or so has got beyond pointless.

Nothing left to prove. Lets get back to letting the music do the talking. Not the tour grosses or stage sizes. Its long overdue. Isn't it supposed to be 'only rock n roll' ?

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #32 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 9:33am
Gazza wrote on Oct 13th, 2009 at 9:10am:
I seriously hope he doesnt even think of doing so. There'll be no room left for any fans at this rate. This 'my dick is bigger than yours' contest between both bands over the last 15 years or so has got beyond pointless.

Nothing left to prove. Lets get back to letting the music do the talking. Not the tour grosses or stage sizes. Its long overdue. Isn't it supposed to be 'only rock n roll' ?

I totally agree w/ you Gazza...But BITCH...you are SPOT ON!!! U2 has taken the informal stadium and turned it into something new and exciting...I would be very happy that if the Stones did do a stadium tour (though i prefer Arenas)...they would just lease this set...this will be so hard to top and the SOUND WAS PERFECT!!!
To take a stadium and make it intimate...is a challenge that they succeded in...forget the taking the 10 year old kid around the ramp...forget letting some college kid take the mick and sing his heart out, (quite well too!!!)...They empowered the crowd beyond anything i have ever seen...

I am not the biggest U2 fan...but their shows are fantastic...I only wish the Stones would put as much emphasis on the fans/audience

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #33 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 9:43am

The Stones using U2's stage?

Fuhgeddaboudit.

« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2009 at 9:49am by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

Mel Belli
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #34 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 10:25am
Paranoid Android wrote on Oct 13th, 2009 at 9:33am:
Gazza wrote on Oct 13th, 2009 at 9:10am:

I totally agree w/ you Gazza...But BITCH...you are SPOT ON!!! U2 has taken the informal stadium and turned it into something new and exciting...I would be very happy that if the Stones did do a stadium tour (though i prefer Arenas)...they would just lease this set...this will be so hard to top and the SOUND WAS PERFECT!!!
To take a stadium and make it intimate...is a challenge that they succeded in...forget the taking the 10 year old kid around the ramp...forget letting some college kid take the mick and sing his heart out, (quite well too!!!)...They empowered the crowd beyond anything i have ever seen...

I am not the biggest U2 fan...but their shows are fantastic...I only wish the Stones would put as much emphasis on the fans/audience

The U2 Claw wowed me when I first walked into the house, but I felt totally uninvolved and cut off during the show. (I was standing in one of the Red Zones, alongside the outer catwalk; initially I thought it was going to be a great spot.) Bono came by for a total of one time — and he was running, at that. It  was ironic: I was practically leaning on the stage, but felt like I was in the parking lot.)

fka Sandrew (a proud Rocks Off member since November 2001)&&&&"The Rolling Stones don't want any money ... so I'll keep it." - Melvin Belli, "Gimme Shelter"&&&&"We act so greedy, makes me sick sick sick."&&&&...

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #35 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 10:39am
Csn I be your US advisor, Bono?  I would have told yer that IT WAS TIME FOR THE 'NO SECURITY' TOUR !!!!

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)