Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Marianne Faithful reborn as smoky-voiced chanteuse (Read 1,913 times)
Unholy Trinity
Unholy Trinity Admin

ROCKS OFF RULES

Belfast/Santander/Mexico City
Marianne Faithful reborn as smoky-voiced chanteuse
Sep 22nd, 2009 at 9:30pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Music Scene: Marianne Faithful reborn as a smoky-voiced chanteuse

01:00 AM EDT on Thursday, September 24, 2009
By RICK MASSIMO
Pop Music Writer
http://www.projo.com/music/content/wk-pop24_09-24-09_85FJKHF_v19.21821a5.html

Marianne Faithfull will perform on Saturday in New Bedford.

Jean-Baptiste Mondino

Marianne Faithfull’s career started off with her 1964 rendition of Mick Jagger and Keith Richards’s “As Tears Go By,” and ever since —through decades of personal turmoil, substance abuse and iconic status — she’s been making loss and angst sound dignified and gorgeous. On last year’s Easy Come Easy Go, Faithfull, 63, collects songs from sources ranging from Bessie Smith to Dolly Parton to Smokey Robinson to The Espers and makes them her own, singing in her low, emotion-laden voice with authority and grace, in front of a small band that includes the brilliant guitarist Marc Ribot. And she employs guest vocals from Antony Hegarty, Chan Marshall, Nick Cave and old friend Keith Richards, who adds poignancy to “Sing Me Back Home.”

Producer Hal Willner was also behind the board for Faithfull’s breakthrough record, 1987’s Strange Weather, a collection of covers that recast the rock chick from the film Girl on a Motorcycle into a weather-beaten chanteuse whose voice fairly smelled of cigarettes and Scotch. They continued to collaborate over the years, but Easy Come Easy Go is their first full-length disc together since Strange Weather.

Willner came to Faithfull in October 2007 with song ideas, and she had some, too. The original recordings might have sounded very different, but Faithfull says she was listening for the underlying song.

“I love emotion, of course. But really what I like is songs that tell a story, and songs that create an atmosphere.” From Parton’s “Down to Dover” to Colin Meloy’s “Crane Wife 3” to Morrissey’s “Dear God Please Help Me,” she found songs that did just that.

After they winnowed the options down, Willner made her a CD of their choices, and she spent the rest of the year listening and singing along. “I understood the songs before, of course. But to reinterpret them, they almost had to become like mine. They have to belong to me. And that takes a bit of time.”

Once they got to the studio, however, it only took nine days to get the record together. Some of her duet partners recorded their parts live with Faithfull in the studio; others overdubbed them later.

Even though the songs don’t necessarily sound joyous — many of them in fact, are full of regret and forlorn hope — Faithfull says that the process was a joyous one.

“It’s especially joyous when you get to New York and go into the studio and it starts to happen. That’s the craft — the art of doing it. There is quite a lot of technique in it, and it’s a fabulous feeling when you have it at your fingertips.”

Faithfull says that she and Willner bring out the best in each other, and that their collaboration improves with time.

“We’re terribly good friends, practically soulmates. Hal was always very talented, and Strange Weather is wonderful, but I think he’s got better and I’ve got better as well.”

That’s what happens when you stick together with someone over a long period of time.

“Yes,” Faithfull says, adding with a laugh, “and I’m not very good at that usually. But I’ve managed that with Hal.”

Faithfull has said elsewhere that one of the driving forces behind her dependencies was stage fright. She says that these days her state of mind about performing has a lot to do with how the show is coming together and how it’s received, and that lately the results have been encouraging.

“It’s getting a little better, actually. But I do get stage fright. I think a lot of people do; they may not always say so. It’s one of the classic reasons why people drink and take drugs, I’m sure.”

Her European tour was sold out, and on the American leg she’ll have the core quartet from the recording. Many of the songs on Easy Come Easy Go have horns and strings over the top of them, but the small-band core manages to shine through. That’s held true in live performance, Faithfull says, and the music has benefited.

“It just made me much more conscious of all the things you really wish you had — the ability to really listen to people, and play ‘with’ instead of playing on top of.”

Faithfull’s songwriting hasn’t gotten as much attention over the years as her singing or her travails, and the co-writer of The Rolling Stones’ “Sister Morphine” says that there may not be a lot of songs coming from her any time soon.

“Oh dear. I’m stuck. I think I’m actually very happy, very content. And I’m also bored with my own life at the moment. I think it will change — I hope it will. But at the moment it’s not easy.”

That state of being often sets the stage for self-destructive behavior, it’s pointed out.

“Well, I’m not going to do that. And if I can’t write another song for the rest of my life, I don’t really mind. I’m not going to make problems for myself because I can’t write.”

In the early days, Faithfull got a lot more notoriety from being Jagger’s girlfriend than anything else. She says she spent the ’60s and early ’70s feeling held back, pigeonholed as a bird-voiced singer of nice pop songs — “although I have to admit that my first career was almost a perfect little career. It’s a complete moment, isn’t it? … But I never felt I had really revealed who I was.”

That changed in 1978 when, in the midst of a decade of drug abuse and turmoil, she released Broken English, a raw nerve of a record that cast Faithfull as the new wave’s Marlene Dietrich, singing with a blasé attitude to the decadence around her and with much more vocal punch — in a lower register — than had ever been heard from her before.

Faithfull says that the change in her voice was “just what happened. But I think it’s the right voice.”

That was the start of the second stage of her career, and Faithfull says it’s the record that first showed “what I was really like. And it was such a shock for people!” Now, “it doesn’t seem so strange, because we know what happened, and we know all the later records, too.”

It’s suggested that society places expectations on who gets to be taken seriously and have long careers and who doesn’t.

“Well, it is peculiar. I never thought it would be me. But I’m glad it is.”

Marianne Faithfull sings at the Zeiterion Theatre, 684 Purchase St., New Bedford, Saturday night at 8. Tickets are $45, $40 and $35; call (508) 994-2900 or go to www.zeiterion.org.

The Calling Planet Earth Festival brings 40 bands on three stages to Ninigret Park Friday through Sunday, and co-organizer Robert Callender, of Warwick, says that the goal is to spread “the message of love, peace, music and shared prosperity for everybody. It sounds like a hippie thing, but it’s true.”

The headliners are The Pat McGee Band on Friday, Assembly of Dust on Saturday and Adam Schnier, the singer of moe., on Sunday. Some of the other big deals include Entrain and The Wood Brothers (Friday), Peter Francis of Dispatch on Saturday and Virginia Coalition on Sunday.

Callender says that the jam-band label fits on most of the acts at the festival, but “to me, it’s just really fine musicians. And their fans don’t care whether they have records in the top 10.”

If Callender’s name rings a bell, it’s probably from his groundbreaking psychedelic-soul work in the mid- and late ’60s, especially the ultra-rare freakout masterpiece le Musee de L’impressionisme. He’s working on a multimedia project, but says he probably won’t be performing this weekend. “I’m there to meet and greet anyone who’s curious about what happened to me.”

The festival runs 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday through Sunday at Ninigret Park, in Charlestown. For tickets, go to www.showclix.com.

Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry comes out with his latest solo disc, Have Guitar Will Travel, on Oct. 6; I’ll have an interview with him about the disc and the future of Aerosmith in the paper a couple of days before that, but you can hear the music yourself when he plays at Club Hell, 73 Richmond St., Providence, Sunday night at 8. Tickets are $20; get ‘em at www.etix.com or the Lupo’s Heartbreak Hotel box office at 79 Washington St.

[email protected]
« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2009 at 7:04am by Gazza »  

The Administrators' account
IP Logged

TomL
Rocks Off Regular

Change the Fucking sets

Sweet Virginia
Re: Marianne Faithful reborn as a smoky-voiced cha
Reply #1 - Sep 24th, 2009 at 6:44pm
LJ, SV and M are supossed to be in NYC as we speak to see her.

...Her love is ecstasy When her arms enfold me I hear her tender rhapsody But in reality, she doesn't Fucking know me...JMI once again..... running away with me...........

IP Logged

FotiniD
Rocks Off Regular

ROCC & RO..ll...

Athens, Greece
Reply #2 - Sep 25th, 2009 at 2:29am
I'm waiting very anxiously for the review  Smiley

FotiniD  
IP Logged

SweetVirginia
Rocks Off Regular

I know it's only rock
'n roll but I like it

NY
Reply #3 - Sep 25th, 2009 at 6:14am
She was great. So warm, funny, insightful. And her voice sounded like honey.
She sang "Sister Morphine" and "As Tears Go By", "Broken English" and every other song you wold hope to hear.
When she belted out "Why D'ya Do It" she was a naughty sassy old survivor.

She finished with a beautiful version of "Strange Weather" with only she and her guitar player on stage.

...&&&&&&

IP Logged

FotiniD
Rocks Off Regular

ROCC & RO..ll...

Athens, Greece
Reply #4 - Sep 25th, 2009 at 6:35am
Thanks for the photos and review SV, both great  Wink

FotiniD  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #5 - Sep 25th, 2009 at 7:01am
Marianne Faithfull: Surviving Rock 'n Roll, Her Gritty “Blues” Voice Wows Fans in New York City

http://www.beachamjournal.com/.a/6a01053653b3c7970b0120a5ef5f58970c-800wi

Marianne Faithfull at Town Hall in New York City.  All photos by Frank Beacham

I must admit I came to New York City’s Town Hall with low expectations. Yes, I’ve long followed the extraordinary life story of Marianne Faithfull, but I didn’t expect her to be the significant talent that she is. I was wrong. She definitely won me over.

The moment of truth came when Faithfull performed As Tears Go By, the Mick Jagger-Keith Richards song that made her famous at age 17 in 1965. This time the naive innocent voice is gone, replaced by the sound of a woman who has lived a very hard life. There’s nothing like surviving 40 years of sex, drugs and rock ’n roll to bring a genuine maturity to the human voice. It reminded me of the old saying that to be a real bluesman, one has to live the blues. Faithfull most certainly has, and is now a far more powerful singer because of it.

The diversity of her material is impressive. Backed by a nine piece orchestra with violin and cello, accompanying the normal rock ensemble, the concert was to promote Easy Come, Easy Go, Faithfull’s 22th album. The title song, from Bessie Smith, was from another woman who scrapped her way to the top. There are, however, a diverse range of songwriters on the record—from Dolly Parton and Merle Haggard to Leonard Bernstein and Stephen Sondheim.

Faithfull was joined on stage for a couple of songs, including Many a Mile to Freedom by Jenni Muldaur, daughter of Maria and Geoff Muldaur. Faithfull also did a powerful turn In Germany Before the War by Randy Newman. Her latest CD was produced by Hal Wilner, a man who has pulled remarkable performances from a woman many had written off long ago. Fans gave Faithfull repeated standing ovations, which she well deserved.

http://www.beachamjournal.com/.a/6a01053653b3c7970b0120a5ef6097970c-800wi

http://www.beachamjournal.com/.a/6a01053653b3c7970b0120a598b1ca970b-800wi

www.beachamjournal.com

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #6 - Sep 25th, 2009 at 7:04am
Great photos, SV.  Your"s are as good as that photographer Gazza posted!!! Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

Glad you guys had a good time!

IP Logged

jostorm
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #7 - Sep 25th, 2009 at 7:04am
wow, she looks lovely, thanks for posting...hope the RO girls had a blast!

IP Logged

Lantern_Ruby
Rocks Off Regular

Le Roi Est Mort, Vive
Le Roi

Reply #8 - Sep 25th, 2009 at 9:31am
Gazza wrote on Sep 25th, 2009 at 7:01am:
Marianne Faithfull: Surviving Rock 'n Roll, Her Gritty “Blues” Voice Wows Fans in New York City

http://www.beachamjournal.com/.a/6a01053653b3c7970b0120a5ef5f58970c-800wi

Marianne Faithfull at Town Hall in New York City.  All photos by Frank Beacham

I must admit I came to New York City’s Town Hall with low expectations. Yes, I’ve long followed the extraordinary life story of Marianne Faithfull, but I didn’t expect her to be the significant talent that she is. I was wrong. She definitely won me over.

The moment of truth came when Faithfull performed As Tears Go By, the Mick Jagger-Keith Richards song that made her famous at age 17 in 1965. This time the naive innocent voice is gone, replaced by the sound of a woman who has lived a very hard life. There’s nothing like surviving 40 years of sex, drugs and rock ’n roll to bring a genuine maturity to the human voice. It reminded me of the old saying that to be a real bluesman, one has to live the blues. Faithfull most certainly has, and is now a far more powerful singer because of it.

The diversity of her material is impressive. Backed by a nine piece orchestra with violin and cello, accompanying the normal rock ensemble, the concert was to promote Easy Come, Easy Go, Faithfull’s 22th album. The title song, from Bessie Smith, was from another woman who scrapped her way to the top. There are, however, a diverse range of songwriters on the record—from Dolly Parton and Merle Haggard to Leonard Bernstein and Stephen Sondheim.

Faithfull was joined on stage for a couple of songs, including Many a Mile to Freedom by Jenni Muldaur, daughter of Maria and Geoff Muldaur. Faithfull also did a powerful turn In Germany Before the War by Randy Newman. Her latest CD was produced by Hal Wilner, a man who has pulled remarkable performances from a woman many had written off long ago. Fans gave Faithfull repeated standing ovations, which she well deserved.

http://www.beachamjournal.com/.a/6a01053653b3c7970b0120a5ef6097970c-800wi

http://www.beachamjournal.com/.a/6a01053653b3c7970b0120a598b1ca970b-800wi

www.beachamjournal.com

Awesome photos! Thanks  for posting.

Alea iacta est.&&Honni soit qui mal y pense&&...

IP Logged

mrpitiful
Rocks Off Regular

NY
Re: Marianne Faithful reborn as smoky-voiced chant
Reply #9 - Sep 25th, 2009 at 10:46am
The guitarist accompanying her on Strange Weather was Marc Ribot.
The second guitarist with her last night was Doug Pettibone who used to play with Lucinda Williams.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #10 - Sep 25th, 2009 at 11:52am
Wow..didnt know that.

Ribot was Tom Waits'  'distinctive' guitarist for many years, around the 'Rain Dogs'/'Franks Wild Years' era.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #11 - Sep 25th, 2009 at 2:01pm

Great pics, SV.
Thanks for posting.

Coupla killer guitar players in that band...

IP Logged

SweetVirginia
Rocks Off Regular

I know it's only rock
'n roll but I like it

NY
Reply #12 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 10:04am
It's LJ logged in as SV.
Show was amazing!
Weekend amazing!
More from home; as I have a flight to catch. Sad

IF YOU GET THE CHANCE TO SEE MS FAITHFULL, RUN, DO NOT WALK, RUN TO GET A TICKET!!!

LJ.

...&&&&&&

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #13 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 11:37am
Regrettably, I was unable to attend the concert. It was a dicey week healthwise and I just wasn't up to it. I did meet the girls briefly in Soho yesterday, and just seeing them was good medicine. I'm so pleased you guys had such a good time at the show. We'll all see each other again when the Stones play next year.
KW

"She delivers right on time,&&I can't resist a corny line, &&But take the shine right off your shoes"&&&&"When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it." - TomL '07&&...        ...        ...          ...          ...&&..'til the wheels come off...

IP Logged

uncleson
Rocks Off Regular

USA
Reply #14 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 12:32pm
I love Marianne Faithfull's voice, and have many of her excellent cds.

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #15 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 8:43pm
Agreed with all that my dear friend SV has said.
We had 4th row center seats at the historic Town Hall in Manhattan and the sound was superb. THESE are the venues that were built for music!!!

I have wanted to see Marianne for many years and she (and her amazing Band) did not disappoint; in fact she was BETTER than I expected. She sings from her soul and she sure touched mine.

I have grown older right along with her and can relate to her many ups and downs.

"The Ballad of Lucy Jordan" moved me so much when I was 20. My how much more it hits home today.
The highlight for me was "Solitude", that haunting ode to loneliness and the longing for a love long, long lost.

In the end, I saw a beautiful woman who has endured SO much yet is still standing and standing STRONG and PROUD with her grace, humility and sense of humor still firmly in check. A true survivor. A wonderful evening.

A shout out to the lovely SV and her wonderful husband. Thank you so much for being such a gracious hostess and opening your home to me. I am blessed to have such incredible friends. These days I sometimes read RO and feel we have lost touch with the real beauty of this Board. With no Stones Tour and little Stones news we fall into relentless bickering and sniping at each other. We should never forget the friendships that have been formed here; the fun we have had; the support we have given to each other; the kindred spirit we share. When the Stones stop touring those friendships will still be in place. They have to be!! Wink

LJ.

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #16 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 8:55pm

Nice review, LJ.

You, like Marianne, remain ever faithful...

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #17 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 1:27pm
GotToRollMe wrote on Sep 26th, 2009 at 11:37am:
Regrettably, I was unable to attend the concert. It was a dicey week healthwise and I just wasn't up to it. I did meet the girls briefly in Soho yesterday, and just seeing them was good medicine. I'm so pleased you guys had such a good time at the show. We'll all see each other again when the Stones play next year.
KW

I would have flown to NYC JUST TO SEE YOUR BEAUTIFUL FACE AND HUG YOU TIGHTLY MY DEAR FRIEND!!! In a second!

LJ.

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #18 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 3:21pm
LadyJane wrote on Sep 27th, 2009 at 1:27pm:
GotToRollMe wrote on Sep 26th, 2009 at 11:37am:
KW

I would have flown to NYC JUST TO SEE YOUR BEAUTIFUL FACE AND HUG YOU TIGHTLY MY DEAR FRIEND!!! In a second!

LJ.

Words can't express the joy I felt meeting up with you guys and seeing your beautiful, smiling faces and hanging out with you even for a short while. First I spotted that red hair from a block away. Then as I got closer I saw SV.
SV is an absolute angel - you just don't meet many people like that in your lifetime, and I feel so lucky and privileged to know her. And you, LJ, are the sister I never had. It's proven to me that you never know what's around the next corner and that no matter how far we've gone, life is still full of surprises. I'm sorry I missed the show, but seeing you both on Friday was like medicine for the soul and a memory I'll keep with me always.
And what you said about RO is right on - I've made relationships on this board that will last a lifetime. It never ceases to amaze me just how close I've become with some of the good souls here.

"She delivers right on time,&&I can't resist a corny line, &&But take the shine right off your shoes"&&&&"When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it." - TomL '07&&...        ...        ...          ...          ...&&..'til the wheels come off...

IP Logged

SweetVirginia
Rocks Off Regular

I know it's only rock
'n roll but I like it

NY
Reply #19 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 4:52pm
Right back at you, ladies. It was great to see you.
And super-fun to catch up with our Stonsian brothers as well.  Smiley

...&&&&&&

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #20 - Oct 1st, 2009 at 6:54am
LadyJane wrote on Sep 26th, 2009 at 8:43pm:

These days I sometimes read RO and feel we have lost touch with the real beauty of this Board. With no Stones Tour and little Stones news we fall into relentless bickering and sniping at each other. We should never forget the friendships that have been formed here; the fun we have had; the support we have given to each other; the kindred spirit we share. When the Stones stop touring those friendships will still be in place. They have to be!! Wink

LJ.

Oh I couldnt agree more!

Glad you had such a nice night, sorry I missed it! I really enjoyed her show at the City Winery, that place is very cool! Do you know if Marianne has any other shows coming up? Just wondering if any future dates were mentioned. When I saw her she said more NY dates were in the works and her tour wasnt planned out completely from beginning to ending, she was playing it by ear to see the crowd response. I dont think she was too sure about touring at first, but over time she possibly feels more confident now with positive crowd reaction. Was it a sold out show?

IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #21 - Oct 1st, 2009 at 8:19am
pleased you all had a good time  Smiley

Interesting to hear that Pettibone was playing.  really?

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

FotiniD
Rocks Off Regular

ROCC & RO..ll...

Athens, Greece
Reply #22 - Oct 2nd, 2009 at 1:50am
So glad you girls had a nice time  Smiley Wish I was there myself!

FotiniD  
IP Logged

SweetVirginia
Rocks Off Regular

I know it's only rock
'n roll but I like it

NY
Reply #23 - Oct 2nd, 2009 at 7:43am
We would have loved having you there with us, Fotini.

...&&&&&&

IP Logged

FotiniD
Rocks Off Regular

ROCC & RO..ll...

Athens, Greece
Reply #24 - Oct 2nd, 2009 at 9:21am
SweetVirginia wrote on Oct 2nd, 2009 at 7:43am:
We would have loved having you there with us, Fotini.

Well, there may be more chances, what, with some certain boys getting ready to tour  Wink

FotiniD  
IP Logged

Vin L Rocks
I'm new!!

Reply #25 - Oct 4th, 2009 at 3:44pm
Marianne Faithfull is AMAZING and her concert last night at UCLA's Royce Hall was the best I've seen all year! It was good to hear her new material, but I really enjoyed hearing some of her earlier work, such as "Broken English," "As Tears Go By," "Sister Morphine," "The Ballade of Lucy Jordan," etc. I spotted several Stones "insiders" in the audience and backstage. The great Blondie Chaplin was sitting down front next to Kat Kramer, who's working on a Stones/Jagger set of duets called "Gemstone." (I can't wait for it to come out.) Backstage, later, I saw Marianne chatting with Kat. No idea what they were talking about, but I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with Kat's project. One of the people with Kat was an actor whose name I couldn't remember, but I recognized him from "Pirates of the Carribbean." He had some scenes with Keith Richards. I can't wait for Marianne's next show.

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #26 - Oct 4th, 2009 at 5:46pm
Thanks Vin, I love the observations!

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #27 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 4:34pm
SV..I was browsing through the disc of your pics from Town Hall last night and I SAW IT.
I caught a couple of glimpses (as we did at the show) of this young girl:

Thank you GTRM for burning and sending the CD of the Show!!!!!

LJ.

IP Logged

steel driving hammer
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 5:20pm
God, her under-arm flab is like Micks durring the Superbowl! Ouch!

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #29 - Oct 7th, 2009 at 6:02am
Set list

Marianne Faithfull - Town Hall, NYC - September 24, 2009
---------------------------------------------------------

Times Square (M.Faithfull)
Down From Dover (D.Parton)
The Crane Wife 3 (Decemberists/C. Meloy)
Solitude (D.Ellington)
Hold On, Hold On(Neko Case)
Easy Come, Easy Go (Bessie Smith/W.Jackson & E.Brown)
Broken English (M. Faithfull)
Mack The Knife (Bertolt Brecht)/In Germany Before The War (R. Newman)
Crazy Love (M.Faithfull/N.Cave)
Kimbie (J.C.Frank)
Salvation (Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (Hayes,Turner& Jago)
The Ballad Of Lucy Jordan (S.Silverstein)
Band Intro
Sister Morphine (Jagger/Richards)
As Tears Go By (Jagger/Richards)
Why'd Ya Do It? (H.Williams)
Dear God, Please Help Me (Morrissey)
Sing Me Back Home (M.Haggard)
Strange Weather (Tom Waits)

Guitar - Marc Ribot
Guitar - Doug Pettibone
Bass/Musical Director - Greg Cohen
Drums - Joey Baron
Keyboards & Accordian - Rob Burns
Woodwinds - Marty Allen
Minds/Horns - Rob DeBellis
Violin - Christina Courtin
Cello - Christopher Hoffman
Backing Vocals - Jenni Muldaur
Guitar - Ryan Scott
Sax - Lenny Pippets

--SweetVirginia, photog

IP Logged

jostorm
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #30 - Oct 7th, 2009 at 6:11am
steel driving hammer wrote on Oct 6th, 2009 at 5:20pm:

Please post frontal picture of your testicles ASAP for us girls to judge. We will give points out of 10 for:
a) wrinkledness
b) flacidity of ligaments
c)length of ligaments
d) hanging symmetry
d) size

TIA!

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #31 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 6:41am
jostorm wrote on Oct 7th, 2009 at 6:11am:
steel driving hammer wrote on Oct 6th, 2009 at 5:20pm:

Please post frontal picture of your testicles ASAP for us girls to judge. We will give points out of 10 for:
a) wrinkledness
b) flacidity of ligaments
c)length of ligaments
d) hanging symmetry
d) size

TIA!

LMAO ~ OK I'll judge, any volunteers?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)