Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
09-09-09 (NSC) (Read 3,489 times)
Mel Belli
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

NY Post: "Beatles game: All you need is sales"
Reply #25 - Sep 10th, 2009 at 3:08pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Beatles game: All you need is sales
By LACHLAN CARTWRIGHT and DAVID K. LI
Last Updated: 10:15 AM, September 10, 2009
Posted: 2:45 AM, September 10, 2009
PRINT EMAIL
Help! -- you know I need some buyers!

The heavily hyped "The Beatles: Rock Band" hit stores yesterday with huge fanfare, but sparked only sparse sales.

Gamers were slow to shell out $250 for the full "Rock Band" game, which carries all the equipment -- including a replica Paul McCartney guitar. Players who already have the basic "Rock Band" equipment only need to pay $60 for all the Beatles songs.

The Post visited three Manhattan electronics stores yesterday, spending an hour at each locale -- but could only find one "Rock Band" buyer.

"A lot of the hype built around this game might have been overdone," said analyst James Hardiman of FTN Capital Markets Corp. "It'll be one of the better sellers of the month of September, but from what we're hearing this is not a [rival game] 'Guitar Hero 5.' "

It was a completely different story for opening day sales of the new Beatles box set. The digitally refined recording of Fab Four classics sold out like hot cakes throughout the Big Apple. The 14-disc collection of Liverpool hits went for $250.

fka Sandrew (a proud Rocks Off member since November 2001)&&&&"The Rolling Stones don't want any money ... so I'll keep it." - Melvin Belli, "Gimme Shelter"&&&&"We act so greedy, makes me sick sick sick."&&&&...

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Re: NY Post: "Beatles game: All you need is sales"
Reply #26 - Sep 10th, 2009 at 3:27pm
They need Johnnycakes to help pick up the sales.. 

(Maybe Nelly can find his old wig and help..)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGO6vj82Yjc

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #27 - Sep 11th, 2009 at 8:46am
My sources tell me the retailers have called Cohl to borrow some tarps for the shelves....

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #28 - Sep 11th, 2009 at 9:11am
gimmekeef wrote on Sep 11th, 2009 at 8:46am:
My sources tell me the retailers have called Cohl to borrow some tarps for the shelves....

jew never give me your money

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #29 - Sep 11th, 2009 at 9:30am
In Tony Sanchez's book,didn't he say the Beatles changed the words to Baby Your a Rich Man to Brian your a rich fag jew. Talking about Brian Epstein.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #30 - Sep 11th, 2009 at 9:54am
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Sep 11th, 2009 at 9:30am:
In Tony Sanchez's book,didn't he say the Beatles changed the words to Baby Your a Rich Man to Brian your a rich fag jew. Talking about Brian Epstein.

Jew can't do that

IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Mickville Virginny USA
Re: 09-09-09 (NSC)
Reply #31 - Sep 11th, 2009 at 7:54pm
I did my best, Got the Game for the Boys,The Stereo Box set for the Brother and  The Mono CDs For me Birthday Hint Coming up Sunday.
I been called A Beatle Fan and I can accept that, but I a Loyal Rocks Off Member I hope you guys agree!
Below one of my favorite photos of Charlie with another Great Drummer. Let the Beatle hating begin............

charlieandringo.jpg (Attachment deleted)

The Core Of The Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts Hi-Hat/The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me/And Then We Became Naked/After the Skeet Shoot & Sweet Dreams Mary & #9 11/22/1968 @#500 2/19/2010 @#800 4/09/2011 @#888 10/28/2011 @#1000 2/2/12

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #32 - Sep 11th, 2009 at 8:30pm
Kilroy wrote on Sep 11th, 2009 at 7:54pm:
I did my best, Got the Game for the Boys,The Stereo Box set for the Brother and  The Mono CDs For me Birthday Hint Coming up Sunday.
I been called A Beatle Fan and I can accept that, but I a Loyal Rocks Off Member I hope you guys agree!
Below one of my favorite photos of Charlie with another Great Drummer. Let the Beatle hating begin............

No problem, Kilroy.  You are safe....

There should be room in your head and heart for more than one - musical artists that is..

I grew up (so long ago) loving them (the Stones came later) and am only just now rediscovering their music with these new old box sets.

IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Mickville Virginny USA
Reply #33 - Sep 11th, 2009 at 9:22pm
PartyDoll MEG wrote on Sep 11th, 2009 at 8:30pm:
Kilroy wrote on Sep 11th, 2009 at 7:54pm:
I did my best, Got the Game for the Boys,The Stereo Box set for the Brother and  The Mono CDs For me Birthday Hint Coming up Sunday.

No problem, Kilroy.  You are safe....

There should be room in your head and heart for more than one - musical artists that is..

I grew up (so long ago) loving them (the Stones came later) and am only just now rediscovering their music with these new old box sets.  

I was torn early on By a cousin.
He said "so you like the Beatles huh",if you like them you'll love these guy and then he put on an Incredible "new Album"
and played TELL ME
I freaked out I now had a decision, and I'was torn for years.
I still am some days, but you know it's been great.
An older cousin had the same ting with Jerry Lee And Elvis.
Thank you by the way. I love this site!
« Last Edit: Sep 11th, 2009 at 9:27pm by Kilroy »  

avatar-guitarman53-2_001.jpg (Attachment deleted)

The Core Of The Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts Hi-Hat/The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me/And Then We Became Naked/After the Skeet Shoot & Sweet Dreams Mary & #9 11/22/1968 @#500 2/19/2010 @#800 4/09/2011 @#888 10/28/2011 @#1000 2/2/12

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #34 - Sep 12th, 2009 at 6:56pm
Yeah I looked at the Beatles rock game, but to get everything you need it's VERY expensive; the game, the x-box or whatever system you need, and the instruments, so it isnt something you just pick up casually while shopping, it is a big financial commitment which is why it isnt selling right now.

The remastered CD series is selling quite well! I got Sgt Peppers, Magical Mystery Tour & A Hard Day's Night for my birthday, which made me have a happy birthday listening to those old tunes that bring up good old fashioned memories of when I was young with no responsibilities!

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #35 - Sep 12th, 2009 at 9:44pm
Well I broke down and gave into the hype. Although I stuck by my rule of not buying anything I already have a copy of. I don't care how many times they remaster it. So I picked up Yellow Submarine and With The Beatles.....Never anything wrong with listening to some good old Beatles music. Cool

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #36 - Sep 13th, 2009 at 3:40am
funny. i of all people haven't given macca's pockets one red cent. i don't plan to, either.

tonight we had an outdoor festival gig in the parking lot of a catholic church. about fifteen teenage girls asked if they could touch me while repeatedly screaming during our opening three songs. i slapped them five and told them to get the hell off the goddamned stage. later on, paul and i gave a shout out to a twelve year old boy with tube socks pulled up to his knees that sang along with every song...every frikkin' song. after the last set i told him to be good boy and stay away from bon jovi. there is hope for the youth!

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #37 - Sep 13th, 2009 at 8:16am
Starbuck wrote on Sep 13th, 2009 at 3:40am:
funny. i of all people haven't given macca's pockets one red cent. i don't plan to, either.

tonight we had an outdoor festival gig in the parking lot of a catholic church. about fifteen teenage girls asked if they could touch me while repeatedly screaming during our opening three songs. i slapped them five and told them to get the hell off the goddamned stage. later on, paul and i gave a shout out to a twelve year old boy with tube socks pulled up to his knees that sang along with every song...every frikkin' song. after the last set i told him to be good boy and stay away from bon jovi. there is hope for the youth!

Those songs are ingrained in you.  I imagine singing those songs over and over again, your day job of brainwashing the next generation, and the everyday chores of a large family does not allow much time for anything else.  Glad you still have time for creative journalism!!!  LMAO!!!

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #38 - Sep 13th, 2009 at 11:22am

damn i miss my tube socks up to my knees daze

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #39 - Sep 13th, 2009 at 1:18pm
PartyDoll MEG wrote on Sep 13th, 2009 at 8:16am:

Those songs are ingrained in you.  I imagine singing those songs over and over again, your day job of brainwashing the next generation, and the everyday chores of a large family does not allow much time for anything else.  Glad you still have time for creative journalism!!!  LMAO!!!

indeed meg....now that i have a real job that doesn't allow posting time, and now that adding polls has been taken away from me (sniff), there just isn't much time to post.

still got my prairie home companion tickies for october 24th tho! mrs buck and i will enjoy an evening of bland scandanavian humor punctuated by the likes of OCMS.

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #40 - Sep 13th, 2009 at 1:21pm
Starbuck wrote on Sep 13th, 2009 at 1:18pm:

Those songs are ingrained in you.  I imagine singing those songs over and over again, your day job of brainwashing the next generation, and the everyday chores of a large family does not allow much time for anything else.  Glad you still have time for creative journalism!!!  LMAO!!!

indeed meg....now that i have a real job that doesn't allow posting time, and now that adding polls has been taken away from me (sniff), there just isn't much time to post.

still got my prairie home companion tickies for october 24th tho! mrs buck and i will enjoy an evening of bland scandanavian humor punctuated by the likes of OCMS.

glad that GK has recovered from his stroke!!!

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #41 - Sep 13th, 2009 at 2:19pm
Starbuck wrote on Sep 13th, 2009 at 1:18pm:

Yeehaw!!!!  So glad you get to stomp yur feet and clap yur hands to OCMS!!!

IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #42 - Sep 13th, 2009 at 4:18pm
all the hype, promotion and advertising and they get beaten to the No.1 spot in the Uk album charts,
by living legend, Dame Vera Lynn.  really?

The oldest artist to hold the top spot in history. really?

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #43 - Sep 13th, 2009 at 4:31pm
In fairness, Vera didnt release 16 albums this week - and maybe they'd have done better had they released them on Monday (as is the norm) instead of Wednesday (does anyone know the REAL reason why they chose a midweek release date?)

Still....all 16 albums released this week (plus a re-entry for '1', the biggest selling album of this decade by anyone) managed to chart - and that includes two boxed sets retailing at £200 and £170 each. 

5. (RE) SGT PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND
6. (RE) ABBEY ROAD
9. (RE) REVOLVER
10. (RE) RUBBER SOUL
21. (RE) THE BEATLES (2 CD)
24. (NEW) THE BEATLES IN STEREO (17 disc boxed set)
29. (RE) HELP
31. (NEW) PAST MASTERS (2 CD)
33. (RE) MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR
37. (RE) A HARD DAY'S NIGHT
38. (RE) PLEASE PLEASE ME
49. (RE) LET IT BE
51. (RE) WITH THE BEATLES
54. (RE) 1
56. (RE) BEATLES FOR SALE
57. (NEW) THE BEATLES IN MONO (13 disc boxed set, all but sold out before the release date)
89. (RE) YELLOW SUBMARINE

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Mickville Virginny USA
Reply #44 - Sep 14th, 2009 at 10:06pm
I am not sure of the Reason But I know I Bought the White Album at 9:00 am, on the 9th of September 2009. #9 #9 #9 #9

White-A.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)