Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Keith Richards Live in Cancun at Hard Rock Cafe (Read 681 times)
chelskeith
I'm new!!

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Keith Richards Live in Cancun at Hard Rock Cafe
Aug 26th, 2009 at 10:36pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Re: Keith Richards Live in Cancun at Hard Rock Caf
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2009 at 12:32pm
Nice playing !

Hum...are you THE Chelskeith from UC fame who had gotten list members stellar tix for the Oakland shows in November 1997 ? If you are, hi and thanks again, if not hi !

...you must be because I remember the story that you'd visited the Blue Ocean studios in LA during the recording of B2B and had gotten to talk to Keith after you'd gotten the message to him that you had called your newborn...Keith Richards and that was...darn, twelve years ago ! I think he'd played you "You don't Have to Mean it"
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2009 at 12:37pm by gotdablouse »  
IP Logged

chelskeith
I'm new!!

Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2009 at 2:08pm
I am.

Amazing how fast time flies. My son was 0 then.

Keith actually OK'd that row of tix on the main floor for Undercover - it was Listmasta's Steve's BD and KR gave him a nice autographed BD card saying "It's all your fault", from what I recall.

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #3 - Aug 29th, 2009 at 2:32pm
Excellent, I wasn't aware of that at the time. I take it you'd seen him in the studio sometime in the spring so no concerts were planned at the time. Had you been able to get back in touch with him in the fall somehow? Oh not that it really matters but was it "You don't have to Mean it" that he played you? I seem to recall something about a mother, had his mother just died maybe ?

These were really excellent seats, I'm sure I still have the tickets stubs somewhere, row 11, section B ? The sound was amazing, crystalline and powerful and the B-stage wasn't far. I saw them at Pacbell 5 years later in 2002 from pretty good seats in the stands and I was so disappointed, felt like watching them on the TV, not so at the Coliseum. The Oakland Arena concert was ok though...in a $300 seat Sad

I hate to say it, but the Stones still "really" mattered at the time, great album just out, and they hadn't toured behind "no album" (No Security) or behind a "Best Of" (Licks)

Watching your YouTube video I got the Chels part too Wink

Came back to France in early 2003, but we're planning to spend the 2010/2011 school year in the SV with the kids, maybe there will be a concert in the Bay in the fall! Need to check out if UC is still around, the first site I looked up on the internet in 1994!
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2009 at 2:33pm by gotdablouse »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)