Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The cult "rain" (Read 814 times)
marko
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Finland
The cult "rain"
Aug 8th, 2009 at 9:37am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Found tis song after such a long time....didn´t even remember it.Ex song,a classic,a such an underrated band!
Too bad their energy is gone now.

https://www.facebook.com/marko.kuusela.3  
IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Re: The cult "rain"
Reply #1 - Aug 8th, 2009 at 11:32am
love is still one of my fave albums...

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Re: The Cult (nsc)
Reply #2 - Aug 8th, 2009 at 11:41am

Yeah, 'Love' is super crunchy.

My favorite's 'She Sells Sanctuary'...
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2009 at 11:51am by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

LanternHigh
Rocks Off Regular

Italy
Reply #3 - Aug 8th, 2009 at 1:00pm
I have watched the video live from Ytube right now.
it is still one of my favorite stu-smiling

...&&...
https://www.facebook.com/  
IP Logged

Slavegirl
Rocks Off Regular

Long Beach, CA
Reply #4 - Aug 8th, 2009 at 3:08pm
I am a huge fan of the Cult... I would venture to say that "Electric" is one of the best rock albums ever made  Ouch!

don't make me do it...

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #5 - Aug 8th, 2009 at 8:22pm
Slavegirl wrote on Aug 8th, 2009 at 3:08pm:
I am a huge fan of the Cult... I would venture to say that "Electric" is one of the best rock albums ever made  Ouch!

you ever do the swirly hansd girl dance that Ian used to do, probably still does?

IP Logged

macdaddy
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #6 - Aug 8th, 2009 at 8:48pm
drummer from big country played on every track  on that album, except for sanctuary, and maybe rain. the guy had a nice swing to his playing that made the band sound great. whatever happened to him..? ( i wanna say he did some stuff with pete townsend, too - mark brynzinski, or something like that was his name, i think)  i like "love" alot, too - big neon glitter is my favorite track. i also enjoy electric. after that, they kind of lost me - that ciao edie sh*t didnt do it for me. but electric and rainlove, and even some of the southern death cult stuff prior to rain love was quite solid, imo. i still have all that vinyl - i bet those southern death cult eps are worth something nowadays - i wanna say they were on 4ad (cocteau twins label) at that time, but i am going from memory, and it was like twenty years ago  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2009 at 9:32pm by macdaddy »  

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #7 - Aug 8th, 2009 at 9:17pm
macdaddy wrote on Aug 8th, 2009 at 8:48pm:
drummer from big country played on every track  on that album, except for sanctuary, and maybe rain. the guy had a nice swing to his playing that made the band sound great. whatever happened to him..? ( i wanna say he did some stuff with pete townsend, too - mark brynzinski, or something like that was his name, i think)  i like that album "love" alot, too - big neon glitter is my favorite track. i liked electric, too. after that, they kind of lost me - that ciao edie sh*t didnt do it for me. but electric and rain, and even some of the southern death cult stuff prior to rain was quite solid, imo. i still have all that vinyl - i bet those southern death cult eps are worth something nowadays - i wanna say they were on 4ad (cocteau twins label) at that time, but i am going from memory, and it was like twenty years ago  Roll Eyes

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mark Brzezicki
Born      June 21, 1957 (age 52)
Origin      Slough, Berkshire, England
Genre(s)      Rock
Occupation(s)      Musician
Instrument(s)      drums
Years active      1981–present
Label(s)      Phonogram Records, Track-BCR Records
Associated acts      Big Country, The Cult, Procol Harum, Casbah Club, Ultravox
Website      Big Country official website
Mark Brzezicki (born Mark Michael Brzezicki, 21 June 1957, Slough, Berkshire, England) is a rock drummer, who is primarily known for his work with Big Country, and is a former member of the groups The Cult, Ultravox, and Procol Harum. He has also played with Pete Townshend, Roger Daltrey, Midge Ure, Fish, The Pretenders and many others. He uses both the traditional and matched grips.
Brzezicki is the son of a Polish war veteran and an English mother (his surname is pronounced "bruh-zickee"). With Tony Butler (of Big Country) he was known as Rhythm for Hire. Brzezicki left Big Country in July 1989, but rejoined in 1993. Together with Butler, now on lead vocals, and guitarist Bruce Watson, Big Country started gigging again in 2007, as part of their 25th anniversary tour.
In 2004, Brzezicki helped found a new band, Casbah Club, with Bruce Foxton and Simon Townshend.
Smash Hits magazine had a running gag in the 1980s wherein they referred to him as "Mark Unpronounceablename of Big Country".[1] On Pete Townshend's All the Best Cowboys Have Chinese Eyes and White City: A Novel albums there are joking references to the spelling of his last name.
His brother Steve is a session bass guitarist with whom he frequently collaborates.

IP Logged

macdaddy
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #8 - Aug 8th, 2009 at 9:26pm
damn pdog, you coulda just sent me here Wink
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2009 at 9:33am by macdaddy »  

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #9 - Aug 8th, 2009 at 9:34pm
Cult news, if anyone didn't know about the current Love tour... check it out... I just found out about the new remastering of Love.

This is one of my all time fave records, anyone know who may be doing the remastering on this for Beggars?

Quote:
The Cult were born in England, 1984 and are Ian Astbury on vocal and Billy Duffy on guitar. For nearly 25 years Love has been a consistent seller (over one million copies in Europe alone), endorsing it’s classic status in The Cult’s repertoire. The Cult will be performing Love Live in the USA and Canada during August and on selected European dates through September and October (see Omnibus Edition).

The Expanded Edition is a 2 disc set and is packaged in a slim-line jewel case inside a card slipcase, with new notes by the journalist James Brown (ex-editor of GQ).

Disc One LOVE
Nirvana
Big Neon Glitter
Love
Brother Wolf; Sister Moon
Rain
Phoenix
Hollow Man
Revolution
She Sells Sanctuary
Black Angel

Re-mastered from the original studio analogue tapes.

“1985’s Love displayed a marked improvement over the Cult’s early material, and though it remains underappreciated in America (worldwide it was a smash), this exceptional record has actually aged better than the band’s more notorious (and equally important) releases: Electric and Sonic Temple. Equal parts psychedelic hard rock and new wave goth, the songs on Love emanate a bright guitar sheen, tight arrangements, crisp drumming, and a command performance from vocalist Ian Astbury, who as usual says a lot more with less than most singers. Overall, the album benefits from a wonderful sense of space, thanks in large part to guitarist Billy Duffy (who is much more subdued here than on future releases), whose restraint is especially notable on “Revolution” and the remarkably uncluttered title track. Duffy also provides compelling melodies (“Hollow Man,” “Revolution”), driving riffs (“Nirvana,” “The Phoenix”), and even a U2-like intro to “Big Neon Glitter.” Also on offer is the near-perfect “She Sells Sanctuary” and the smash hit “Rain,” quite possibly the band’s most appealing single ever. Considering the musical schizophrenia that would plague each subsequent Cult release, Love just may be the band’s purest moment.” – Eduardo Rivadavia – All Music Guide

Disc Two SINGLES
She Sells Sanctuary (Long Version)
No.13
The Snake
(Here Comes The) Rain
Little Face
Revolution (Full Length Remix)
Judith
Sunrise
All Souls Avenue
She Sells Sanctuary (Howling Mix)
Assault On Sanctuary
Featuring all the tracks from the album’s three singles which included extended versions of album cuts, remixes and non-album ‘B’ sides. This is the first time all these tracks have been presented together outside of the limited, Rare Cult box set released in 2000.

[url="http://archive.beggars.com/releases/12/the-cult-love-expanded-edition"]http://ar...[/url]

[url="http://archive.beggars.com/releases/4/the-cult-love-omnibus-edition"]http://arch...[/url]

IP Logged

corgi37
Rocks Off Regular

Aussie land
Reply #10 - Aug 9th, 2009 at 8:38am
Love the Cult. Sonic Temple doesnt have a dud song on it. They came out here a few years ago to play our larger pub venues. I was actually not very impressed.

I aint no peace freak

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)