Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Lick to watch full show! with thanks to George García/Rolling Stones Archive and ROgerriffin for heads up
State Farm Stadium, Glendale, Arizona - May 7, 2024 / Pic © Jini Sachse (Sweet Virginia)

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A better selection of Stones merchandise ? (Read 1,662 times)
Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
A better selection of Stones merchandise ?
Jul 30th, 2009 at 4:51am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Bravado Partners With the Rolling Stones

World's Leading Entertainment Merchandising Company Signs Legendary Rockers for Integrated Product Offerings
NEW YORK and LONDON, July 30 /PRNewswire/ -- Bravado, the world's leading global music merchandising company, has entered into an agreement to manufacture and distribute merchandise for one of the most successful, prolific and iconic bands of all time, The Rolling Stones. The announcement was made today by Tom Bennett, Chief Executive Officer of Bravado. Bravado is a unit of Universal Music Group (UMG), the world's leading music company.

The agreement builds upon a recent pact between UMG and The Rolling Stones, which covers future albums by The Rolling Stones and the single most iconic catalogue in Rock & Roll, including such landmark albums as "Sticky Fingers," "Exile On Main St." and "Black And Blue," and such global anthems as "Brown Sugar," "Angie," "It's Only Rock 'N Roll" and "Start Me Up." Now, for the first time ever, Bravado will work with the band to create innovative and fully-integrated product offerings that make use of the widest possible array of their merchandising, audio and visual content across a variety of platforms including physical, mobile and online.

"Throughout their storied career, The Rolling Stones have created one of the world's most seminal and awe-inspiring bodies of work, and we are delighted to welcome them to the Bravado family," stated Bennett. "Moving forward, we are looking forward to integrating all of the resources we now have on hand - from their merchandising to all of their audio and video content - to create dynamic new opportunities that combine music and merchandise in unique exclusive formats, sold to not only existing retailers but to new exciting non-traditional outlets."

About Bravado

Bravado, the only global, 360 degree full service merchandise company, develops and markets high-quality licensed merchandise to a world-wide audience. The company works closely with new & established entertainment clients, creating innovative products carefully tailored to each artist or brand. Product is sold on live tours, via selected retail outlets and through web-based stores. Bravado also licenses rights to an extensive network of third party licensees around the world. The company maintains offices in London, Los Angeles, New York, Berlin, Paris, Tokyo and Sydney. Now under the Universal Music Group umbrella, Bravado is able to leverage a global sales and distribution network from the world's largest record company, as well as the group's significant marketing strength. Bravado artists include Kanye West, Beyonce, Gwen Stefani, Nickelback, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Elton John, Guns 'N Roses, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Alicia Keys, Nine Inch Nails and The Killers, among many others.

SOURCE Universal Music Group

http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayReleaseContent.aspx?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Re: A better selection of Stones merchandise ?
Reply #1 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 5:12am
no more 'Stones on a stick' face masks???  you made a grown man cry

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

SweetVirginia
Rocks Off Regular

I know it's only rock
'n roll but I like it

NY
Reply #2 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 5:18am
No more Stones outfits for the dog?

...&&&&&&

IP Logged

stonedinaustralia
Rocks Off Regular

wake up crackers or we
all through!!

Reply #3 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 5:23am
Can I get a Zippo?

"you can see it against the girl's crocheted dress"

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #4 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 6:01am
Goodbye Stones Monster Trucks, I hardly knew ye.....

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

UrbanSteel
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Tilburg / the Netherlands
Bravado Partners With the Rolling Stones ( No more
Reply #5 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 4:54am
Bravado Partners With the Rolling Stones ( No more merchandising on Rolling Stones.com ? )

World's Leading Entertainment Merchandising Company Signs Legendary Rockers for Integrated Product Offerings

NEW YORK and LONDON, July 30 /PRNewswire/ -- Bravado, the world's leading global music merchandising company, has entered into an agreement to manufacture and distribute merchandise for one of the most successful, prolific and iconic bands of all time, The Rolling Stones. The announcement was made today by Tom Bennett, Chief Executive Officer of Bravado. Bravado is a unit of Universal Music Group (UMG), the world's leading music company.

The agreement builds upon a recent pact between UMG and The Rolling Stones, which covers future albums by The Rolling Stones and the single most iconic catalogue in Rock & Roll, including such landmark albums as "Sticky Fingers," "Exile On Main St." and "Black And Blue," and such global anthems as "Brown Sugar," "Angie," "It's Only Rock 'N Roll" and "Start Me Up." Now, for the first time ever, Bravado will work with the band to create innovative and fully-integrated product offerings that make use of the widest possible array of their merchandising, audio and visual content across a variety of platforms including physical, mobile and online.

"Throughout their storied career, The Rolling Stones have created one of the world's most seminal and awe-inspiring bodies of work, and we are delighted to welcome them to the Bravado family," stated Bennett. "Moving forward, we are looking forward to integrating all of the resources we now have on hand - from their merchandising to all of their audio and video content - to create dynamic new opportunities that combine music and merchandise in unique exclusive formats, sold to not only existing retailers but to new exciting non-traditional outlets."

About Bravado

Bravado, the only global, 360 degree full service merchandise company, develops and markets high-quality licensed merchandise to a world-wide audience. The company works closely with new & established entertainment clients, creating innovative products carefully tailored to each artist or brand. Product is sold on live tours, via selected retail outlets and through web-based stores. Bravado also licenses rights to an extensive network of third party licensees around the world. The company maintains offices in London, Los Angeles, New York, Berlin, Paris, Tokyo and Sydney. Now under the Universal Music Group umbrella, Bravado is able to leverage a global sales and distribution network from the world's largest record company, as well as the group's significant marketing strength. Bravado artists include Kanye West, Beyonce, Gwen Stefani, Nickelback, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Elton John, Guns 'N Roses, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Alicia Keys, Nine Inch Nails and The Killers, among many others.

SOURCE Universal Music Group

Source

prnewswire.com

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Re: Bravado Partners With the Rolling Stones ( No
Reply #6 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 6:33am
UrbanSteel wrote on Jul 30th, 2009 at 4:54am:
Bravado Partners With the Rolling Stones ( No more merchandising on Rolling Stones.com ? )

I'm not so sure it means 'no more merchandising on rs.com'. I would imagine that Bravado will use the website as a tool to distribute the wares on their behalf. The key phrase in the press release is that Product is sold on live tours, via selected retail outlets and through web-based stores. Bravado also licenses rights to an extensive network of third party licensees around the world. That would suggest to me that they'll continue to sell the products through the website.

Rs.com basically have two functions - providing information for ticket sales during tours and (especially) distributing merchandise. If they lost the rights to do the latter, they'd basically have no reason to exist unless the Stones were touring.

Bravado are under the ownership of Universal, so this new arrangement has probably just evolved due to the band changing record labels.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #7 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 6:56am
pre-touring stuff if you aske me... getting ducks lined up to meet the cash cow.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #8 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 7:32am
That too, yes.

Significant perhaps that whilst the band signed with Universal a year ago, this deal has only been inked now.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Boomy
Rocks Off Regular

Indiana
Re: Bravado Partners With the Rolling Stones ( No
Reply #9 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 9:38am
Gazza wrote on Jul 30th, 2009 at 6:33am:
UrbanSteel wrote on Jul 30th, 2009 at 4:54am:

I'm not so sure it means 'no more merchandising on rs.com'. I would imagine that Bravado will use the website as a tool to distribute the wares on their behalf. The key phrase in the press release is that Product is sold on live tours, via selected retail outlets and through web-based stores. Bravado also licenses rights to an extensive network of third party licensees around the world. That would suggest to me that they'll continue to sell the products through the website.

Rs.com basically have two functions - providing information for ticket sales during tours and (especially) distributing merchandise. If they lost the rights to do the latter, they'd basically have no reason to exist unless the Stones were touring.

Bravado are under the ownership of Universal, so this new arrangement has probably just evolved due to the band changing record labels.

Looks like it's on their site. This is the link for the store:

http://rollingstones.shop.bravadousa.com/Default.aspx

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #10 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 9:49am
This is news???

Bravado has already been selling crappy Stones tee's and caps for many years

I've been gettting email blasts from the Bravado store since before the Licks Tour about Stones merch

"On saturday night we dont go home&&We bacchanal, there aint no dawn"&&&&...&&&&

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Stones Hire New Merchendising Company ...from Ian
Reply #11 - Aug 1st, 2009 at 7:39pm
Renowned global merchandising company known as Bravado will now create the Stones future merchandise. Bravado creates unique products from new music format items in order to get it to the public in different ways to creating advertising items for bands. As well Bravado does advertisement items for albums to touring merchandise. They are a full circle companythat creates all this merchendise. They will now be handling all this for The Stones.

Good move being as the album A Bigger Bang didn't have much surrounding it.

*I think The Stones and their management recognize this and decided not to chance it again.

See the full story at the link below:.

http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayReleaseContent.aspx?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/...

Ian
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2009 at 7:44pm by Ian Billen »  

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Holden
Rocks Off Regular

Tampa Bay
Re: Stones Hire New Merchendising Company ...from
Reply #12 - Aug 1st, 2009 at 9:14pm
sign for a tour?  What the fuck?

Or sign for more merchandising due to lack of income from not touring?  you made a grown man cry

mrhipfl  
IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #13 - Aug 1st, 2009 at 9:24pm

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #14 - Aug 2nd, 2009 at 10:00pm
Pdog wrote on Aug 1st, 2009 at 9:24pm:

Sorry Folks, I did not know.

Ian

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #15 - Aug 3rd, 2009 at 5:59am
No need to apologise, Ian - it's easily done.

... ... ...
IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #16 - Aug 3rd, 2009 at 8:04am
I have "heard" that Mick's MANDATE was to "freshen up our merchandise!!!!"

Could mean nothing.
Could mean something is brewing!

OR

Could mean Mick or his people are reading RO and knows how we feel about this:

http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/MusicToday/RSCT519$shadow1$&$300$&bgc=ffffff

developing.........................................

LJ.

IP Logged

SweetVirginia
Rocks Off Regular

I know it's only rock
'n roll but I like it

NY
Reply #17 - Aug 3rd, 2009 at 8:15am
I knew we should have bought these while we could....

...&&&&&&

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #18 - Aug 3rd, 2009 at 8:19am
In all honesty, I wish I HAD purchased those, SV.
The Ronnie mask in particular would be put to great use at TomL's annual BBQ!!!!!  Ouch!

LJ.

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #19 - Aug 3rd, 2009 at 2:25pm
LJ,

I now what the f#c& this is!!.......
http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/MusicToday/RSCT519$shadow1$&$300$&bgc=ffffff

its.... MACCA!!!
l
l
l
l
l
V

"On saturday night we dont go home&&We bacchanal, there aint no dawn"&&&&...&&&&

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #20 - Aug 3rd, 2009 at 3:50pm

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)