Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Today's Header-Stu & Stones. (Read 393 times)
Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Today's Header-Stu & Stones.
Jun 15th, 2009 at 10:52am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
What a great photo! he certainly was a Rolling stone, (the poll answered that)  it was Andrew Oldham that thought he wouldn't fit in image wise, & that 6 members are to many to remember, going by Keith's '71 Rolling Stone interview, but this is a great picture.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

StonesFanatic
Rocks Off Regular

Rolling Stones purist

Boston
Re: Today's Header-Stu & Stones.
Reply #1 - Jun 15th, 2009 at 11:11am
A great pic, although the angle makes him look huge compared to the rest of 'em!

WWW rnrchemist  
IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #2 - Jun 15th, 2009 at 1:52pm
back then they were still very much wet behind the ears but showed occasional flashes of brilliance and glimpses of the mega-million stadium superstars that they would eventually become....

as evidenced in the musical note stage backdrop design that Mick and Charlie spent weeks creating for the show
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2009 at 1:53pm by Saint Sway »  

"On saturday night we dont go home&&We bacchanal, there aint no dawn"&&&&...&&&&

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #3 - Jun 16th, 2009 at 10:01pm
Marquee Jazz Club, London – January 24, 1963
© Dezo Hoffmann

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #4 - Jun 16th, 2009 at 10:07pm
Heart Of Stone wrote on Jun 15th, 2009 at 10:52am:
What a great photo! he certainly was a Rolling stone, (the poll answered that)  it was Andrew Oldham that thought he wouldn't fit in image wise, & that 6 members are to many to remember, going by Keith's '71 Rolling Stone interview, but this is a great picture.

I asked Andrew Loog Oldham why he fired Stu, this was his answer word-by-word!

“Gerardo, I did not fire Stu, that was not within my power to do. I just told the Stones that I did not think the English public, because that's all we were dealing with at the time, were capable of being sold an image factor that contained six people. If the band had said, "Andrew, you can't do that" then Stu would have stayed in the band. This would have made a great difference as to what their future would have been and raises the question of whether you'd have been writing me a letter today on any issue on the Stones, had Stu stayed.

"I don't know but I was right at the time. How do I feel as a man in his mid-fifties with knowledge now about decisions that cause pain to others? Obviously different, but we were teenagers or in our early twenties, well, all except Bill, and at that age youth is invincible and does not know the meaning of hurt, except in matters of the teenage heart. It remains a good decision. If you saw a member of Supertramp or Los Lobos down on the corner I doubt you'd recognise more than one or two members. Life's got a short attention span when you work from nine to five and need to be entertained. Pop music is not a memory test, it's an escape and an entertainment. Over the years the Stones have got away with "Andrew fired Stu" - life is not as simple as they'd like that statement to be."

Andrew Loog Oldham June 2001

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #5 - Jun 17th, 2009 at 11:24am
I think also one has to look at what the scene was like in '64 as far as groups goes, Stu wouldn't fit in with the image, he'd look like a 50's rocker with 5 long hair guys, today it wouldn't matter, but back then it mattered big time, the image was as big as the music was, the Stones bad boy image was what stood out for The Stones compared to the other groups, they got their names in the newspapers because of it, & the general public recognized them right away.
The only group, I know of back then, that had 6 members was Sounds Incorporated, they were a instrumental sax band, 5 members was the most any group had.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

platter
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 17th, 2009 at 4:52pm
i always love the oldie photos.  everytime i think i've seen them all....something new pops up. 

Interesting stuff Ronnie!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)