Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"Let it Bleed" with Dwayne Dopsie! JazzFest, New Orleans, La - May 2, 2024 © Chris Granger, The Times-Picayune

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(OT) $20k Josh Freese album "Totally Worth It" (Read 142 times)
ijwthstd
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

(OT) $20k Josh Freese album "Totally Worth It"
Apr 16th, 2009 at 4:49pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
At first I thought this was a joke. I wanna know how much for just a pizza party with Mark Mothersbaugh.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsite...

The Pulse of Radio reports: A story surfaced on Wired.com this week about the fan who bought the $20,000 deluxe edition of former NINE INCH NAILS drummer Josh Freese's new solo album, "Since 1972". Freese announced recently that he was offering an escalating series of special editions of the record, ranging from a $50 version that included a thank-you call from Freese all the way up to a $75,000 limited edition that has yet to be purchased. The buyer of the $20,000 package, 19-year-old Thomas Mrzyglocki, got to spend a week with Freese, recording songs with him and hanging out with several of the drummer's rock star friends, along with other activities.

Among the highlights of the trip, Thomas went into a Los Angeles recording studio with Freese, where the drummer recorded two songs about him.

The pair also played a round of miniature golf with TOOL frontman Maynard James Keenan. When DEVO singer Mark Mothersbaugh couldn't make the game as promised, a pizza party was set up at his house instead.

Thomas also got to meet other stars like VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash and other members of TOOL and A PERFECT CIRCLE, while also getting free tickets to shows around town.

Freese admitted to being uncomfortable when it came to providing one of the bonuses, a foot massage. Thomas instead opted for a dip in a sensory deprivation tank, which was part of the $500 edition Freese was offering.

Thomas, a resident of Melbourne, Florida, said the purchase was "totally worth it," adding that it was "the most fun I've had in a long, long time."

Freese said that he and his new friend have been been "joined at the hip since Sunday," adding, ""I really do like the kid and know that it's a bizarre experience for him."

"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest.&&&&http://www.soundcloud.com/thesameoldsauce
TotallyRandomDan  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)