Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ron Wood Will Be At Rock & Roll HOF (Read 678 times)
Gimme Shelter
Rocks Off Regular

THE ROLLING STONES #1

Bend, OR
Ron Wood Will Be At Rock & Roll HOF
Mar 30th, 2009 at 9:07pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Eminem, Jimmy Page, Ron Wood To Present Rock and Roll Hall Fame Inductions
Eminem will induct Run-DMC into Hall of Fame.

March 20, 2009 01:52 PM ET

Rapper Eminem, guitar legend Jimmy Page and Ron Wood of the Rolling Stones are among the presenters for this year's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony in Cleveland.

The ceremony will be held April 4 at Public Auditorium.

Inductees were chosen by the 600 voters of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation. Artists are eligible 25 years after their first recording is released.

Run-DMC will be inducted by Eminem. Jeff Beck will be inducted by Page, best known for his work with The Yardbirds and Led Zeppelin. Wood will induct Bobby Womack.

Metallica will be inducted by Flea of the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Music, to me, is the joy, right? I love my kids most of the time, and I love my wife most of the time. Music I love all the time. It's the only constant thing in my life. It's the one thing you can count on. :Keith Richards 1993

&&... &&...
https://www.facebook.com/MARKMMCCOLLUM  
IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Re: Ron Wood Will Be At Rock & Roll HOF
Reply #1 - Mar 30th, 2009 at 9:13pm

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #2 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 7:35am
I'm glad Jeff Beck is getting inducted, one of my favorite bands in the British invasion of the 60's in the blues/rock vain was the Yardbirds (of course The Stones were the Kings of all that) his playing was the best of the three players, Clapton wasn't in the Yardbirds long enough to do what he could do, & Page joined when the band was almost finished, but Beck's lead guitar work was outstanding, I also loved Truth/Wired & Blow by Blow albums.
I'm glad Bobby Womack (who wrote "It's All Over Now") is also getting inducted, I sort of wish one of the four original Stones would be doing it, at least they were around when they recorded it, Ronnie is o.k. as long as his girlfriend isn't up there too.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #3 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 9:04am
Heart Of Stone wrote on Mar 31st, 2009 at 7:35am:
I'm glad Bobby Womack (who wrote "It's All Over Now") is also getting inducted, I sort of wish one of the four original Stones would be doing it, at least they were around when they recorded it

Ronnie recorded a version of Its All Over Now with Rod on the "Gasoline Alley" album. Before that, it was a staple of The Faces live shows.

he's probably played that song live more times than even Bobby Womack has

"On saturday night we dont go home&&We bacchanal, there aint no dawn"&&&&...&&&&

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #4 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 9:58am
is katwoman attending with him?

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #5 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 10:03am
Ronnie's also more of a friend of Womack's than any of the rest of the Stones. As well as working together on Dirty Work, they did some recording together afterwards.

Womack told a great story in an interview in one of the first ever issues of Q magazine back in the late 80's about the DW sessions in New York. Basically, Mick had called him up to help out, whining about how the rest of the band were fucking useless and that they couldnt stand the sight of each other. Womack showed up to record 'Harlem Shuffle', harmony temporarily prevailed within the band as a result and they were basically telling him what a great guy he was and how they couldnt possibly repay him, etc. At the end of the night, he asked for a driver to take him home, but the Stones told him he'd have to make his own way back!

Absolutely incensed at being treated in such a disrespectful manner, he decided to walk instead and had got about 3 blocks when he was confronted at knifepoint by a mugger. He was so pissed off he taunted his assailant to try his luck, because, as he told him,  "I'm about ready to die now, motherfucker" and the mugger, convinced he was dealing with a madman, turned and fled!

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #6 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 10:05am
" Ronnie is o.k. as long as his girlfriend isn't up there too "

WHAT ?! .. !!! :

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #7 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 10:09am
Such cheap bastards!!

Not only cant they afford more than one fucking Shepards Pie backstage but they cant even provide the dude a car ride home.

a car service in Manhattan (a town car) for a one-way fair is $20 in midtown.

embarrassing tale

"On saturday night we dont go home&&We bacchanal, there aint no dawn"&&&&...&&&&

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #8 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 10:10am
Gazza wrote on Mar 31st, 2009 at 10:03am:
Ronnie's also more of a friend of Womack's than any of the rest of the Stones. As well as working together on Dirty Work, they did some recording together afterwards.

Womack told a great story in an interview in one of the first ever issues of Q magazine back in the late 80's about the DW sessions in New York. Basically, Mick had called him up to help out, whining about how the rest of the band were fucking useless and that they couldnt stand the sight of each other. Womack showed up to record 'Harlem Shuffle', harmony temporarily prevailed within the band as a result and they were basically telling him what a great guy he was and how they couldnt possibly repay him, etc. At the end of the night, he asked for a driver to take him home, but the Stones told him he'd have to make his own way back!

Absolutely incensed at being treated in such a disrespectful manner, he decided to walk instead and had got about 3 blocks when he was confronted at knifepoint by a mugger. He was so pissed off he taunted his assailant to try his luck, because, as he told him,  "I'm about ready to die now, motherfucker" and the mugger, convinced he was dealing with a madman, turned and fled!

how dare they treat Bobby that way.  harrumph!

Remember to keep your nose to the grindstone, your shoulder to the wheel, your feet on the ground, your eye on the ball, your ear to the ground, your finger on the pulse, your head on your shoulders, the pedal to the metal, a song in your heart, your hand on the helm and the bull by the horns

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #9 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 10:11am
Saint Sway wrote on Mar 31st, 2009 at 10:09am:
Such cheap bastards!!

Not only cant they afford more than one fucking Shepards Pie backstage but they cant even provide the dude a car ride home.

a car service in Manhattan (a town car) for a one-way fair is $20 in midtown.

embarrassing tale

Have you seen the movie "Sweeney Todd"  maybe Keith is the demon barber of fleet street!

Remember to keep your nose to the grindstone, your shoulder to the wheel, your feet on the ground, your eye on the ball, your ear to the ground, your finger on the pulse, your head on your shoulders, the pedal to the metal, a song in your heart, your hand on the helm and the bull by the horns

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)