Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
March Madness (nsc) (Read 2,144 times)
Throwaway
Rocks Off Regular

MD
March Madness (nsc)
Mar 15th, 2009 at 6:31pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Congrats to rob's Pitt Panthers on the #1 seed.  UCONN probably didn't deserve their #1, but what team should it have gone to?  Hard to say.  Action starts the 19th, so start filling these out now for your chance at big bucks! 
http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/entry?addata=2009_TCMEN_PAGE1

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Re: March Madness (nsc)
Reply #1 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 7:14pm
It's madness baby....Love the NCAA tournament. No big surprises with the top seeds. You could have made a case for Duke or Memphis instead of UConn or Pitt after their flameouts. But the Big East was the Big Beast this year. Louisville looks like the team to beat. Have to study the brackets before I can make my Final Four prediction. But let the office pools begin Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Rhode Island
Reply #2 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 7:26pm
If I'm going to watch a basketball game, I watch the pros.  The level of athleticism and competition at that level makes the college game seem so weak.  The discrepancy between the pros and college is greater there than in football.  IMHO

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

Throwaway
Rocks Off Regular

MD
Reply #3 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 8:02pm
You sure about that???

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #4 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 8:52pm
lotsajizz wrote on Mar 15th, 2009 at 7:26pm:
If I'm going to watch a basketball game, I watch the pros.  The level of athleticism and competition at that level makes the college game seem so weak.  The discrepancy between the pros and college is greater there than in football.  IMHO

yes, but pro hoops is generally sloppy and lazy. the kids have something to play for and hustle more.

i'd rather watch lawrence welk reruns than the NBA. thankfully, baseball season starts in a few weeks! anyone up for a RO fantasy league?

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #5 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 8:54pm
Starbuck wrote on Mar 15th, 2009 at 8:52pm:
If I'm going to watch a basketball game, I watch the pros.  The level of athleticism and competition at that level makes the college game seem so weak.  The discrepancy between the pros and college is greater there than in football.  IMHO

yes, but pro hoops is generally sloppy and lazy. the kids have something to play for and hustle more.

i'd rather watch lawrence welk reruns than the NBA. thankfully, baseball season starts in a few weeks! anyone up for a RO fantasy league?

Yep.

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #6 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 8:56pm
fantasy league deserves its own thread!

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #7 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 9:03pm
pdog's birthday deserves it's own thread.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #8 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 9:19pm
Back on topic. The Pac 10 team had no business getting 6 teams in. They'll be lucky to get 1 team into the sweet 16. Meanwhile poor little St. Mary's got screwed...Bring on the NIT.

IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

My name is called disturbance!

City of Champions
Reply #9 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 3:18am
Throwaway wrote on Mar 15th, 2009 at 6:31pm:
Congrats to rob's Pitt Panthers on the #1 seed.  UCONN probably didn't deserve their #1, but what team should it have gone to?  Hard to say.  Action starts the 19th, so start filling these out now for your chance at big bucks!  

Thanks. Memphis is a good team, but they did lost to any good team out of C-USA.  Duke got overseeded again.  Pitt will scrub those skinny white geeks from Duke (the weekest of all the 2 seeds).  Michigan St will be a tough two seed.  I'm glad they are out of Pitt's region.  I'll post my upset specials for the first round tomorrow.  Last year I nailed them.  I did mess up on one though, I took Belmont over Duke.  Look what happened.  Duke is the most overrated team ever in hoop.

Throwaway, I will root for the Terps unless they are playing Pitt. 

God I hope that guy who makes 35 usless posts in 3 minutes does not fuck this thread up.

...&&&&...

IP Logged

Throwaway
Rocks Off Regular

MD
Reply #10 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 6:25pm
robpop wrote on Mar 17th, 2009 at 3:18am:
Throwaway wrote on Mar 15th, 2009 at 6:31pm:
Congrats to rob's Pitt Panthers on the #1 seed.  UCONN probably didn't deserve their #1, but what team should it have gone to?  Hard to say.  Action starts the 19th, so start filling these out now for your chance at big bucks!  

Thanks. Memphis is a good team, but they did lost to any good team out of C-USA.  Duke got overseeded again.  Pitt will scrub those skinny white geeks from Duke (the weekest of all the 2 seeds).  Michigan St will be a tough two seed.  I'm glad they are out of Pitt's region.  I'll post my upset specials for the first round tomorrow.  Last year I nailed them.  I did mess up on one though, I took Belmont over Duke.  Look what happened.  Duke is the most overrated team ever in hoop.

Throwaway, I will root for the Terps unless they are playing Pitt.  

God I hope that guy who makes 35 usless posts in 3 minutes does not fuck this thread up.

What's with Duke getting to play the first 2 games in Greensboro?  Though I was glad to see the #1 in their region was the Panthers, they'll wipe the floor with those floppers and wanna be OGs (Henderson).  I look forward to your upset specials, as you have in-depth knowledge of the best conference, so I may take some of your advice.  As for the ACC, look for Wake to give Louisville a good game (they match up well), Duke to lose in sweet 16, and the 'Heels to make it to Detroit fairly easily before losing their first real test in the final four.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #11 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 8:01pm
whens it start?

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #12 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 9:50pm
Thursday morning....Question for robpop and Throwaway....What's with the hating on Duke boys? At least they won the ACC tourney. No offense,but how far did Pitt get. When was the last time they past the sweet 16. 1974. Again no probs,just keeping it real yo....As far as Duke playing in Greensboro. Well in case you boys didn't notice. UNC is also playing in Greensboro,Villanova is playing in PHILLY. Ohio St is playing in Dayton,UW and Gonzaga are playing in Portland. You tell me what's fair....My most humble of predictions. Louisville takes it all....Or not. Good luck Y'all Who stole this one? (Seriously)

IP Logged

Throwaway
Rocks Off Regular

MD
Reply #13 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 10:15pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Mar 17th, 2009 at 9:50pm:
Thursday morning....Question for robpop and Throwaway....What's with the hating on Duke boys? At least they won the ACC tourney. No offense,but how far did Pitt get. When was the last time they past the sweet 16. 1974. Again no probs,just keeping it real yo....As far as Duke playing in Greensboro. Well in case you boys didn't notice. UNC is also playing in Greensboro,Villanova is playing in PHILLY. Ohio St is playing in Dayton,UW and Gonzaga are playing in Portland. You tell me what's fair....My most humble of predictions. Louisville takes it all....Or not. Good luck Y'all Who stole this one? (Seriously)

UNC is a #1 seed, so they play close to home.  Duke is overseeded and given privileges undeserved.  See: http://www.truthaboutduke.com/encyc.php?encycid=49. ;
I like Louisville to go deep, Elite 8 last year. 

Morgan State - 15 seed over 2 Oklahoma - that's right.  You know they're good, they got one white guy in the entire school...

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #14 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 10:28pm
Dude,Ohio St is an 8 seed and playing in Dayton and will probably lose to Siena...But I do hope your Terps beat Cal. As a Stanford fan seeing Mike Montgomery coach Cal makes me ill.

IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

City of Champions
Reply #15 - Mar 18th, 2009 at 3:42am
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Mar 17th, 2009 at 9:50pm:

Duke gets a higher seed in the tourney every year, because they are the great white Duke.  North Carolina is right behind them.  When is the last time Duke made a run in the tourney?  When is the last time they got a seed lower than three? 

By the way, you will never hear anything on the record about this, but Pitt tanked their BE tourney game.  I'm not saying they lost it on purpose, but they did not give a great effort. 

God, I hope Pitt plays Duke in the round of 8.  It won't happen, cause Duke will never make it that far.   Duke is the most overrated team ever, second is the NC Tarbabies,.

...&&&&...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #16 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 12:25pm
It's on and poppin'

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #17 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 2:49pm
Go Maryland....and Northern Iowa Who stole this one? (Seriously)

IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

City of Champions
Reply #18 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 3:03am
Goddamn. almost perfect today on my sheet.  Thanks to throwdown, his Terps came through.  15-1 is the best first day I have had ever.  What game did I lose?  N. Iowa over the Purdueskis. 

Class acts by UNC and UNCONN running up the score.  Jamie Dixon will call the dogs off when he gets a twenty point lead.  Pitt will win by 15 tomorrow and the questions will fly. 

Duke is still shit.   

...&&&&...

IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

City of Champions
Reply #19 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 3:07am

BS.  The one and done of the NCAA tourney is the greatest.  FYI...the college game of hoops is how the game should be played. 

The NCAA tourney is the second greatest event in all of sports, next to the Super Bowl.

...&&&&...

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #20 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 9:39am
robpop wrote on Mar 20th, 2009 at 3:03am:
Goddamn. almost perfect today on my sheet.  Thanks to throwdown, his Terps came through.  15-1 is the best first day I have had ever.  What game did I lose?  N. Iowa over the Purdueskis.  

Class acts by UNC and UNCONN running up the score.  Jamie Dixon will call the dogs off when he gets a twenty point lead.  Pitt will win by 15 tomorrow and the questions will fly.  

Duke is still shit.  

So your saying Pitt ain't gonna cover 20 today?.....You know damn sure Louisville will.

IP Logged

Throwaway
Rocks Off Regular

MD
Reply #21 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 3:04pm
Maryland beat Siena 85-70 the year they won the title.  No one was mad they didn't beat the spread.  Trust me, I am much more concerned seeing Memphis win a moderately close game, than I would have been had they had a 25 point lead at the half and coasted.  So far, no HUGE upsets, as the cinderellas' luck (and legs) ran out late.  We'll see if the trend continues today.

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 3:17pm
Needed a good place to shit!

IP Logged

platter
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 3:42pm
how is pitt doing now?

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #24 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 4:31pm
Pitt won by 10. I'm sure Robpop will say they were conserving energy. But they struggled for a long time against a very weak team....GO LOUISVILLE Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2009 at 5:28pm by sweetcharmedlife »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)