Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
If and when the Rolling Stones tour again . . . (Read 1,175 times)
gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

If and when the Rolling Stones tour again . . .
Jan 4th, 2009 at 1:21am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
I think that they should give everyone on this forum FREE FRONT ROW CENTER tickets to one of the Stones concerts!

It's only fair!

We are the REAL FANS!

Not like those !@#$%^&!!! on the Shine A Light movie!

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Re: If and when the Rolling Stones tour again . .
Reply #1 - Jan 4th, 2009 at 5:45am
gorda wrote on Jan 4th, 2009 at 1:21am:
I think that they should give everyone on this forum FREE FRONT ROW CENTER tickets to one of the Stones concerts!

It's only fair!

We are the REAL FANS!

Not like those !@#$%^&!!! on the Shine A Light movie!

That would be unbelievable if it was to happen, I'm not even sure if the Stones are aware of this site, I don't know how many others there are, I don't think Keith is much for computers, he doesn't even like cell phones, from what I heard, he's old school, I don't know about Mick & Charlie, but it's a great thought (front row seats I mean)

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2 - Jan 4th, 2009 at 7:22am
Heart Of Stone wrote on Jan 4th, 2009 at 5:45am:
I don't think Keith is much for computers, he doesn't even like cell phones, from what I heard, he's old school, I don't know about Mick & Charlie,

I've heard the same thing about Keith, but I remember seeing a tour rider that requires internet access for Mick's backstage area.
I'm willing to bet that Mick has at least seen this site at some time, but I think it's more reasonable to assume that Stones' employees monitor the site mostly for copyright infringements, etc.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

platter
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 4th, 2009 at 10:04am
gorda is jealous of pretty girls and boys.

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #4 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 1:44am
All the other artists have "meet and greet"s with their fans!

They should have a "meet and greet" for us, too!

IP Logged

corgi37
Rocks Off Regular

Aussie land
Reply #5 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 3:27am
Mick's a computer nut. he sets up things so he and Charlie can get access to cricket games no matter where they are. DIdnt he start his own site?

I aint no peace freak

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #6 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 6:58am
Edith Grove wrote on Jan 4th, 2009 at 7:22am:
I don't think Keith is much for computers, he doesn't even like cell phones, from what I heard, he's old school, I don't know about Mick & Charlie,

I've heard the same thing about Keith, but I remember seeing a tour rider that requires internet access for Mick's backstage area.
I'm willing to bet that Mick has at least seen this site at some time, but I think it's more reasonable to assume that Stones' employees monitor the site mostly for copyright infringements, etc.

Mick is lurking.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #7 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 7:04am

I can confirm that you're 100% correct on the bit about Stones' employees. They do the same with all the fan sites.

The Stones themselves are obviously aware of this site as they all signed a contract regarding our involvement in an rs.com promotion a year ago.

Mick mentioned in an online chat about a decade ago that he sometimes looked at the websites to have a laugh at some of the arguments. Cant imagine he'd still be devoting much time to that actvity though (if he ever did spend much time doing it). I dont know about Ronnie, but Keith & Charlie have both stated several times that they have zero interest in the internet.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #8 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 7:06am
corgi37 wrote on Jan 5th, 2009 at 3:27am:
Mick's a computer nut. he sets up things so he and Charlie can get access to cricket games no matter where they are. DIdnt he start his own site?

He was in partnership with Cricinfo for a while, although he didn't actually start the site.

It has since been sold on and in 2007 was bought by ESPN.

http://bluwiki.com/go/CricInfo_History#Mick_Jagger_and_CricInfo

(there's a glaring error there in that it mentions Mick's father - a "Samuel Jagger", who died in 1964. I presume this is his grandfather or another relative it refers to? Mick's father Joe died in 2006)
« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2009 at 10:38am by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #9 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 7:14am
Gazza wrote on Jan 5th, 2009 at 7:04am:

I can confirm that you're 100% correct on the bit about Stones' employees. They do the same with all the fan sites.

The Stones themselves are obviously aware of this site as they all signed a contract regarding our involvement in an rs.com promotion a year ago.

Mick mentioned in an online chat about a decade ago that he sometimes looked at the websites to have a laugh at some of the arguments. Cant imagine he'd still be devoting much time to that actvity though (if he ever did spend much time doing it). I dont know about Ronnie, but Keith & Charlie have both stated several times that they have zero interest in the internet.

Mick wants jb back.

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #10 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 7:31am
JB's around.  He just chooses to stay silent for now.

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 11:28am
Gazza wrote on Jan 5th, 2009 at 7:04am:

dudes r old

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #12 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 11:40am
Old dudes don't wanna learn new tricks... Wink

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #13 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 12:01pm
I went to Best Buy to exchange a gift, Chinese Democracy cd. I picked up Get Yer Ya Ya's out on cd, which I don't have. I have the old cassette somewhere though. Only cost me 4 and some change.

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 12:04pm
Best deal you've made in this new year.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #15 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 1:09pm
Quote:
Best deal you've made in this new year.

I was air guitaring and drumming the whole way home, that shit is tough!

IP Logged

Ten Thousand Motels
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #16 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 1:57pm
Sioux wrote on Jan 5th, 2009 at 11:40am:
Old dudes don't wanna learn new tricks... Wink

That's because we're S-P-E-N-T....too much perfomance and not enough feeback.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NEE8oURdM0
« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2009 at 2:04pm by Ten Thousand Motels »  

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 2:08pm
Oh, an old anti-semite can't be too tired, can you?

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 2:08pm
Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #19 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 4:58pm
Quote:
Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint

?

IP Logged

ijwthstd
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #20 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 5:37pm
Some Guy wrote on Jan 5th, 2009 at 12:01pm:
I went to Best Buy to exchange a gift, Chinese Democracy cd. I picked up Get Yer Ya Ya's out on cd, which I don't have. I have the old cassette somewhere though. Only cost me 4 and some change.

Wonder if Soundcan scans returns too and if so how many Chinese Democracy copies have been returned?

"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest.&&&&http://www.soundcloud.com/thesameoldsauce
TotallyRandomDan  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)