Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Happy birthday!!
After playing "All down the Line" with Sheryl Crow, lick to watch! United Center, Chicago – 31 May 2013 © Paul Natkin

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Vatican forgives Beatles (Read 2,030 times)
Ten Thousand Motels
Rocks Off Regular

Re: Vatican forgives Beatles
Reply #25 - Nov 23rd, 2008 at 10:20pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Looking at Life: Did John Lennon really sell his soul to the devil?

Sunday, November 23, 2008
By GARY BROWN
CantonRep.com

Apparently, The Beatles' John Lennon made a pact with the devil.

Who knew? It surprised the CDs out of me.

"Did John Lennon sell his soul to the devil in exchange for his worldly musical success with The Beatles and beyond?" asked an e-mail I received earlier this week from a representative of New Chapter Press. That's the publisher of a soon-to-be released book "The Lennon Prophecy, A New Examination of the Death Clues of The Beatles," by Joseph Niezgoda, who might need a hobby.

"'The Lennon Prophecy' puts forth the theory that a 20-year-old Lennon, so disillusioned with a life of sadness and disappointment where he was abandoned by his father and stricken with the death of his mother, entered into a deal with the devil to achieve fame and fortune," the publisher explained.

It's an interesting theory in an "I THOUGHT I saw Satan on the cover of the 'Sgt. Pepper's' album" sort of way.

EVIDENCE OBVIOUS?

Indeed, Niezgoda supposedly examined the Beatles' record lyrics and album covers to find evidence for his theory. According to the publisher, in his book the author "follows a fascinating and unique trail of sorcery, mysticism, numerology, backward masking, anagrams and literary and theological writings to explain his conclusions."

But those of you who listen to your albums backwards or take cover-enhancing drugs probably already know about this and the "Paul is dead" theories.

"Niezgoda alleges that a 20-year pact began in December of 1960, shortly before a night when Beatlemania first struck audiences on Dec. 27, 1960, when the Fab Four played at Town Hall Ballroom in Litherland, England," the publisher explains. The author is quoted as writing "The Beatles evoked a response noticeably different from anything in their past."

"From there, The Beatles inexplicably and immediately shot to global fame at a level never seen before or since," continued the publisher. "The 20-year pact came to its tragic conclusion on Dec. 8, 1980, when Mark David Chapman, who testified he was possessed by demons, fulfilled the end of the contract by murdering Lennon outside his apartment at The Dakota in New York City."

BEGS QUESTIONS

They keep mentioning the 20 years. I don't know much about deals with the devil. I don't even know where you'd find the devil to negotiate. I'm certain I wouldn't sign a contract even if the devil found me. But 20 years doesn't sound like long enough. Lennon got 20 years, the devil got eternity.

I know The Beatles were a big deal during those two decades, but Lennon spent a lot of that time sleeping and working in his 20 years. He really only got 10 to 12 years of fame.

And what about the other Beatles? Did Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr get a free ride? Or did they cut their own deals, with better agents?

Well, as I already said, according to another theory, Paul apparently died about this time of year in 1966 and was replaced by a look-alike. A talented look-alike. It's all in the album covers. That was less than six years after the Town Hall Ballroom concert. He met Ed Sullivan and he was gone.

Bad deal there. If a first Paul made a pact with the devil, he apparently didn't dicker at all.

IP Logged

moy
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Mars
Re: Vatican forgives Beatles
Reply #26 - Nov 24th, 2008 at 8:52am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Nov 23rd, 2008 at 12:27pm:
Gazza wrote on Nov 23rd, 2008 at 6:41am:
All very well, but can they ever forgive McCartney for releasing "Ebony & Ivory" and "Mary Had A Little Lamb" ?

LOL
 Grin Grin Grin Ouch!

Only God himself can do it, his mercy is infinit

Grin Grin Wow!

can they ever forgive Lennon for marrying Ono?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)