Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Jerry Hall autobiography! (Read 3,140 times)
moy
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Mars
Jerry Hall autobiography!
Nov 18th, 2008 at 7:30pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Jerry gets her satisfaction

Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1087121/RICHARD-KAY-Blairs-passage-India...

Singer Mick Jagger should not be the only Rolling Stone worried by news that his ex-wife Jerry Hall's autobiography is finally complete.

For Jerry, 52, a confidante of Ronnie Wood's estranged wife Jo, has hinted to me that more than a few skeletons from her closet will be aired.

On the town: Jerry Hall (left) with Tracey Emin and Nancy Dell'Olio at Amanda Eliasch's book launch

'I've told the truth about everything and everyone in the book. There were very, very dark times with Mick and all the Stones,' warns Texas-born Jerry, whose tempestuous 21-year relationship with Jagger started when he 'stole' her from Roxy Music star Bryan Ferry and ended  -  four children later  -  after countless liaisons and reconciliations.

'Some bad things went on and I've written about all that. It's all in there, so some people should be worried.'

Given how potent the revelations could be, it's no wonder publishers HarperCollins, who paid a reported £1million for the book, are being cautious.

'The lawyers are looking over it closely,' says Jerry at the launch of her socialite friend Amanda Eliasch's book Cloak And Dagger Butterfly at the Soho Revue Bar. 'I don't have to turn it in until March and it'll be with the lawyer until then.'
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2008 at 7:32pm by moy »  

IP Logged

texile
Rocks Off Regular

Re: Jerry Hall autobiography!
Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2008 at 7:49pm
oh dear *mock horror*
someone needs a life....
i doubt its anything revelatory...she's had a big mouth since 1978.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #2 - Nov 18th, 2008 at 7:58pm
texile wrote on Nov 18th, 2008 at 7:49pm:
oh dear *mock horror*
someone needs a life....

yeah, but she DID divorce him.....

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

Seeker of truth and, regrettably,
finder of truth

USA
Reply #3 - Nov 18th, 2008 at 8:21pm
Gazza wrote on Nov 18th, 2008 at 7:58pm:
texile wrote on Nov 18th, 2008 at 7:49pm:
oh dear *mock horror*
someone needs a life....

yeah, but she DID divorce him.....

It took me a second or two on that -- Good one, Gazza  Smiley

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #4 - Nov 18th, 2008 at 8:21pm
Sounds like another "must read" poorly written soap opera book we all will buy!!!   Cheesy Grin

IP Logged

Ten Thousand Motels
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #5 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 7:09am
Gazza wrote on Nov 18th, 2008 at 7:58pm:
yeah, but she DID divorce him....

Yes....and now its time to get even.

It seems this isn't so much of an autobiography as a Kiss n' Tell.

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #6 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 7:42am
PartyDoll MEG wrote on Nov 18th, 2008 at 8:21pm:
Sounds like another "must read" poorly written soap opera book we all will buy!!!   Cheesy Grin

And if theres a book signing, I'll be there to buy my copy! Any dirt on MICK will be an enjoyable read ~ up until now MICK'S done a very good job of hiding everything under the rug! The inner circle are not permitted to dish out the details ~ it's forbidden! That's what I've been told and I believe it's true.
Bring it!   Ouch!

IP Logged

Ten Thousand Motels
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #7 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 7:49am
Bitch wrote on Nov 19th, 2008 at 7:42am:
And if theres a book signing, I'll be there to buy my copy! Any dirt on MICK will be an enjoyable read ~ up until now MICK'S done a very good job of hiding everything under the rug! The inner circle are not permitted to dish out the details ~ it's forbidden! That's what I've been told and I believe it's true.
Bring it!   Ouch!

LOL.....Oh my.  Love....It's a bitch
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2008 at 4:07pm by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland »  

IP Logged

platter
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 3:52pm
if she comes to the city [nyc] for a signing someone please give a heads up.  thank you.

Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint

IP Logged

Ten Thousand Motels
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #9 - Nov 21st, 2008 at 8:56am

IP Logged

silver rainbow
Rocks Off Regular

on main street(cheesy i know)
Reply #10 - Nov 21st, 2008 at 2:55pm
.......jerry jerry jerry i like her and all but jeez how many time is she write the same ol' story about how mick a horrible husband great dad junk it's like we know honeybunches you talk about it in EVERY interview. i'm really over it and besides i don't think jerry is the only ex-wife that should be writing a book.......(*cough*jo wood) so yeah jerry should just let it go Smiley

If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use two feet. ~keith

IP Logged

platter
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Nov 21st, 2008 at 3:04pm
silver rainbow wrote on Nov 21st, 2008 at 2:55pm:
.......jerry jerry jerry i like her and all but jeez how many time is she write the same ol' story about how mick a horrible husband great dad junk it's like we know honeybunches you talk about it in EVERY interview. i'm really over it and besides i don't think jerry is the only ex-wife that should be writing a book.......(*cough*jo wood) so yeah jerry should just let it go Smiley

not when she's being offered that kind of dough she shouldn't.  she knows how to play her cards right.

IP Logged

silver rainbow
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #12 - Nov 21st, 2008 at 3:20pm
what the divorce money ran out already?

If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use two feet. ~keith

IP Logged

platter
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Nov 21st, 2008 at 5:25pm
silver rainbow wrote on Nov 21st, 2008 at 3:20pm:
what the divorce money ran out already?

yup...probably  so.

IP Logged

texile
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #14 - Nov 24th, 2008 at 1:49pm

yeah, its the same thing over and over...
anita and bianca would be interesting - but i doubt they will ever write a book like that...

IP Logged

Ginda
Rocks Off Regular

The ghost of Belle Starr

WA State
Reply #15 - Nov 24th, 2008 at 3:11pm
I like Jerry too, but she should think of her children and keep some things to herself.  Can't believe she needs the money but she probably misses the spotlight.  When she starts feeling too bitter she should remember that Mick was married when she met him.

"I am a friend to any brave and gallant outlaw"

IP Logged

texile
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #16 - Nov 24th, 2008 at 5:34pm
Ginda wrote on Nov 24th, 2008 at 3:11pm:
 When she starts feeling too bitter she should remember that Mick was married when she met him.

no shit! i was a kid when i got into the stones and it was during mick and bianca's divorce...us magazine, people - i ate all that stuff up!
and jerry always acted like some teenager and she and mick were some kind of fairy tale love for the ages...
'mick said he wrote miss you about me!...
i was like 12 and remember thinking, 'who does this bitch think she is?'
lol....
so now, when she goes on about how she was betrayed and hurt....it's funny.
she has always seemed to have little if any self-awarness.

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #17 - Nov 24th, 2008 at 8:57pm
Q. For any Stones historian on board, is MISS YOU really about Jerry? true or false?

IP Logged

texile
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #18 - Nov 24th, 2008 at 9:21pm
Bitch wrote on Nov 24th, 2008 at 8:57pm:
Q. For any Stones historian on board, is MISS YOU really about Jerry? true or false?

it was actually written during the el mocambo rehearsals...but a song's inspiration can also change by the time its recorded.
but i honestly don't think so....what else is a man in the middle of a divorce going to tell his young girlfriend?
and jagger was living w) jerry hall at the time it was recorded ...although according to her, he wrote it while she was on a modeling assignment..lol/
the song has a real urgency to it and i'd  like to think that it means more than missing your new, young girlfriend's pussy for a few weeks.
it's not about sex and i think that's what made the song so powerful and so timeless.
i think its about loss, separation and whatever you think about bianca, that's what was going on at the time.
in an article in GQ during the time jagger released GITD, the journalists read a quote from jerry hall saying that all the songs on the new album were about her..and jagger laughed and replied,
'she always thinks that - its a charming trait...'
jagger doesn't publicize the inspirations for his music...
and we'll never know, but i think its bianca.

IP Logged

texile
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #19 - Nov 24th, 2008 at 9:44pm
here's an antedotal item about some girls and its possible meanings from underground, iconoclastic music journalist al aronowitz:

here's a link to the whole thing - it's long but an interesting account of mick's attempts at getting  into a white house event in 78...
it pretty much sums up my feelings about the album: its jagger's blood on the tracks in a sense - the anger, bitterness and dissolution of a painful breakup.

http://www.blacklistedjournalist.com/column30.html

"It's the best album the Stones've ever done!" my son kept telling me. Every time he recorded a new album, Mick used to come to New York, call me to his hotel room and play it for me. But the first time I got to hear Some Girlsi was over the PA at a Patti Smith concert in the folding chair echoes of the Georgetown University gym, where they played Some Girls over the PA between acts. For me Patti couldn't follow the record. She couldn't even follow Root Boy Slim, the opening act. I got turned off as soon as she got onstage. Each one of her songs started to sound like the same kind of shriek. [Sorry to have to give you a bad review, Patti, but that's the way I felt at the time.] I split early to catch Mick on Saturday Night Live! Patti'd announced before she started singing that she'd probably quit early for the same reason.

Listening to the LP that night, I persuaded myself that Some Girls was Mick's torch album for Bianca, his big Brand Ex. I figure it'll be a long time before she fades into a memory motel. If Mick really needed this album, he can thank Bianca for it. In my own mind, the songs were about her, for her, at her, despite her. I persuaded myself that these were Mick's heaviest lyrics yet, his most righteous rap. I never thought a superman like Mick could get wounded that bad. I'd always supposed Mick to be an emotional ironman, impervious to injury. But I guess that no matter how big a star gets to be, there'll always be some female capable of brain surgery. My mother said women would fly around my head like birds and drive me crazy. She was right. Even King Kong allowed himself to get tickled by a blonde.

Art gets squirted from agony but Mick'd learned how to bleed without letting it drip. The most famous cut on the album, Miss You, was as haunting as a friendly ghost, but my favorite was Beast of Burden because Mick's hurt sounded like my own. Aint I rough enough? Aint I tough enough? Aint I rich enough? . . . Listening to the album, I remembered a double-date we went on, Mick, Bianca, me, and my old lady at that time, the sly ex-hooker. We went looking for the right Szechuan in New York's Chinatown, with Mick sprinting down bumper-to-bumper Mott Street, trying to catch a cab. Mick sat with his arm around Bianca in the restaurant that night. They laughed and flirted and kissed over fried rice.

XI.

IP Logged

Ginda
Rocks Off Regular

The ghost of Belle Starr

WA State
Reply #20 - Nov 25th, 2008 at 4:36pm
Thanks for posting the link, texile.  I'm with you - I think Miss You was written with Bianca in mind.

"I am a friend to any brave and gallant outlaw"

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #21 - Nov 25th, 2008 at 4:47pm

All speculation. Mick isnt exactly one for public confessions about his emotions.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #22 - Nov 25th, 2008 at 5:44pm
Gazza wrote on Nov 25th, 2008 at 4:47pm:

All speculation. Mick isnt exactly one for public confessions about his emotions.

Why do some women think everything a guy does is about them?

IP Logged

platter
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Nov 25th, 2008 at 5:48pm
Quote:
Gazza wrote on Nov 25th, 2008 at 4:47pm:

Why do some women think everything a guy does is about them?

some women?  dude.  you're married, you should know the answer to that.

IP Logged

silver rainbow
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #24 - Nov 25th, 2008 at 5:49pm
texile wrote on Nov 24th, 2008 at 1:49pm:

yeah, its the same thing over and over...
anita and bianca would be interesting - but i doubt they will ever write a book like that...

i would ride to alaska in a pick up truck to get the anita pallenberg book if she wrote one! ....but i don't think that she would right one but my fingers are crossed though

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)