Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
Ronnie Wood and Rod Stewart to Reform The Faces (Read 12,033 times)
NeoConRonnie
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: Ronnie Wood and Rod Stewart to Reform The Face
Reply #50 - Nov 16th, 2008 at 10:38pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
The reunion should be fun...

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #51 - Nov 17th, 2008 at 1:07am

You know what has happened.

The Stones these past 12 years have forced their album recording opportunity time to slot in, and around their tour schedule (and personal schedule, none the less). 

They put their touring life first before recording anything. Remember when first came the album, ...then came the tour.

Isn't that the normal way to do things generally speaking. I think this unproductiveness (studio wise unproductivity that is....we all know they tour like heck) is a mix of wrong priorities, pure lazyness, and complacency for The Rolling Stones anymore. It isn't common that I am so critical, or whine about The Stones but sometimes a person has to call it like it is, and accept the facts as everyone eles has.

Ian

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #52 - Nov 17th, 2008 at 6:41am
Ian Billen wrote on Nov 17th, 2008 at 1:07am:
You know what has happened.

The Stones these past 12 years have forced their album recording opportunity time to slot in, and around their tour schedule (and personal schedule, none the less).  

They put their touring life first before recording anything. Remember when first came the album, ...then came the tour.

Isn't that the normal way to do things generally speaking. I think this unproductiveness (studio wise unproductivity that is....we all know they tour like heck) is a mix of wrong priorities, pure lazyness, and complacency for The Rolling Stones anymore. It isn't common that I am so critical, or whine about The Stones but sometimes a person has to call it like it is, and accept the facts as everyone eles has.

Ian

Yep...it used to be the norm that a band toured to promote an album.

The Stones MO in recent years has been the opposite - they put out an album to 'justify' a tour (otherwise it attracts the criticism that they're a nostalgia act). Thats certainly been the case post 2002 when they chose to tour behind a compilation - which ended up being their biggest selling release in three decades.

I can see the logic though. A Stones studio album these days sells about 2 million copies. A tour grosses half a billion dollars.

However, if their main focus is almost exclusively on touring then its easy to view their approach to recording new material as half arsed and something they do more as a contractual obligation instead of something that's artistically driven.

It speaks volumes that since 1994, the Stones have barely spent a total of three months in a recording studio. Their average US or European tour leg lasts as long as that.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #53 - Nov 17th, 2008 at 6:52am
Ian Billen wrote on Nov 16th, 2008 at 10:25pm:
 I personally thought The 40 Licks thing was fine and a neat thing after it came to light (however I do still want studio albums. At least here and there. Not once over 12-13 years. Is that too much to ask). I was skeptical, to say the least, at first with no album what-so-ever to tour on except a greatest hits thing with a few new tunes. The message was simple...no new "concept tour" but rather just a great showcase of their live ability from theaters to stadiums. that was so cool. But regardless of that venture why do they still choose to wait so long in between albums? Dylan, Springsteen, MCcartney are putting out more than them, and as you said. If they can do it so can The Rolling Stones. Hell... The Stones are always on tour anyway it seems so what's the issue?? It isn't like they do not want to be around each-other.  

Two principle reasons :

1) All of the artists listed above are still to some degree artistically 'hungry'. The Stones are almost exclusively driven by avarice and ego. Outgrossing everyone else at all costs is far more important than artistic growth.

2) Keith's lack of output and contribution in the last decade or more indicates that he is creatively all but spent. He also seems to have pretty much abdicated responsibility for the day to day running of the band to Mick (Mick's recent quote that he seems to take care of everything these days because none of the others can be bothered is evidence of that). When Keith takes a back seat in all ways, then it's to the detriment of the musical soul of the band. I'd actually argue that the Stones as they are in 2008 are more Mick Jagger and Michael Cohl's band than they are Mick and Keith's.  Keith, unfortunately and despite the image many like to have of him (himself included), seems happy enough to coast along and rake in the rewards.

Mick is still musically creative - but paradoxically seems to be more nostalgia driven than ever before. He knows thats where the $$ is. Which, unfortunately, is why the first reason given above is more of a factor than what level of creativity he has left as an artist.
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2008 at 6:59am by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #54 - Nov 17th, 2008 at 7:57am
Maybe the economic situation which will hinder a Stones money haul on the road will result in time for a more artistic and solid recording opportunity. But Keith is the hold back and he seems happy performing one offs with country music folks.Hell the most inspired hard riff's he's put down new in last 10 years is that one dramatic riff during the Pirates meeting ffs.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #55 - Nov 17th, 2008 at 2:58pm
Well its the 17th. Setlists of the rehearsal should be coming in any minute now.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #56 - Nov 17th, 2008 at 3:11pm
did they find tetsu yet?

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #57 - Nov 17th, 2008 at 3:24pm
Rod is touring Japan in March, I believe - so maybe he'll send out a search party.

... ... ...
IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #58 - Nov 18th, 2008 at 8:16am
My sources have confirmed the Faces did meet yesterday to rehearse. However it quickly ground to a halt when Ronnie insisted his Russian Love Child play tambourins ala Linda McCartney.

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #59 - Nov 18th, 2008 at 11:00am
gimmekeef wrote on Nov 18th, 2008 at 8:16am:
My sources have confirmed the Faces did meet yesterday to rehearse. However it quickly ground to a halt when Ronnie insisted his Russian Love Child play tambourins ala Linda McCartney.

Maybe she could sing along.........like Yoko.

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #60 - Nov 18th, 2008 at 11:45am
Sioux wrote on Nov 18th, 2008 at 11:00am:

"Sing" like Yoko?......perish the thought but thanks for the chuckle....

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #61 - Nov 18th, 2008 at 3:34pm
" Maybe the economic situation which will hinder a Stones money haul on the road will result in time for a more artistic and solid recording opportunity. But Keith is the hold back and he seems happy performing one offs with country music folks.Hell the most inspired hard riff's he's put down new in last 10 years is that one dramatic riff during the Pirates meeting ffs "

Even though the economy of the United States of America continues to crater on a daily basis , somehow , somewhere , the citizens of my great country will find enough money to see The Rolling Stones  .

After all , The Eagles are adding more tour dates as I type this dear reader ( .....  and selling out every venue )  .

www.QWESTCENTER.com

" Hit Me Ronnie ! "

'kins

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #62 - Nov 18th, 2008 at 6:18pm
gimmekeef wrote on Nov 18th, 2008 at 11:45am:
Sioux wrote on Nov 18th, 2008 at 11:00am:

"Sing" like Yoko?......perish the thought but thanks for the chuckle....

Oh yeah. I was being very droll... Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #63 - Nov 24th, 2008 at 4:40pm
Mac is on tour in Europe in January-February, as a member of James McMurtry's Heartless Bastards band.

McMurtry's first ever European tour

TOUR DATES:

1/16 Nuremburg, DE K4

1/17 Lauchhammer, DE Real Music Club

1/18 Berlin, DE Cafe Zapata

1/20 Hamburg, DE Knust

1/21 Leipzig, DE Nato

1/22 Heilbronn, DE Red River Saloon

1/23 Eppstein, DE Wunderbar Weite Welt

1/24 Geislingen/Steige, DE Rätsche

1/25 Zürich, CH El Lokal

1/27 Amsterdam, NL Paradiso

1/28 Den Haag, NL Paard van Troje

1/29 Den Bosch, NL W2

1/30 Diksmuide, BE Club 4AD

1/31 Bristol, UK Polish Club

2/01 Glasgow, UK Oran Mor (Celtic Connections Festival)

2/02 Belfast, UK Errigle Inn

2/03 Dublin, IE Whelan's

2/04 Leeds, UK Brudenell Social Club

2/05 Newcastle, UK The Cluny

2/06 Nottingham, UK The Maze

2/07 London, UK Luminaire

2/08 London, UK Luminaire

... ... ...
IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #64 - Dec 1st, 2008 at 7:03pm

Ron Wood Says Faces Reunion Tour Is “Ready to Go”

Ron Wood has confirmed long-standing reports that the Faces are gearing up for a reunion tour next year.
“We had a few fantastic rehearsals last week and we’re ready to go,” Wood tells Rolling Stone. “It’s like no time has passed by.”

Rod Stewart’s touring bassist Conrad Korsch sat in on bass, replacing original Faces bassist Ronnie Lane who died in 1997.
“There’s a lot of guest bass players that want to do it — including Flea,” says Wood.

They plan on hitting the road sometime in 2009, though no dates have been set.
“We just have to sort out when and where and drop all of the management egos and just do what we can. We know we can do it. It’s just a matter of getting everyone’s availability sometime next year.”

New studio work might also be in their future.
“Rod wants me to write a load of new stuff for him, so I can do that,” says Wood.

As far as Wood’s other band goes, he says he’s “always itching to do more work with [The Rolling Stones]. We just haven’t decided when and where, yet, but I know we will.”

www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily
12/1/08

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #65 - Dec 1st, 2008 at 7:12pm
left shoe shuffle wrote on Dec 1st, 2008 at 7:03pm:

Ron Wood has confirmed long-standing reports that the Faces are gearing up for a reunion tour next year.
“We had a few fantastic rehearsals last week and we’re ready to go,” Wood tells Rolling Stone. “It’s like no time has passed by.”

Rod Stewart’s touring bassist Conrad Korsch sat in on bass, replacing original Faces bassist Ronnie Lane who died in 1997.
“There’s a lot of guest bass players that want to do it — including Flea,” says Wood.

They plan on hitting the road sometime in 2009, though no dates have been set.
“We just have to sort out when and where and drop all of the management egos and just do what we can. We know we can do it. It’s just a matter of getting everyone’s availability sometime next year.”

New studio work might also be in their future.
“Rod wants me to write a load of new stuff for him, so I can do that,” says Wood.

As far as Wood’s other band goes, he says he’s “always itching to do more work with [The Rolling Stones]. We just haven’t decided when and where, yet, but I know we will.”

www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily
12/1/08

Mac's site has been updated within the last ten days to note something
could happen soon.  The first actual glimmer I take as the truth.
The management comment has been part of the problem for years.
Another article which completely dismisses Tetsu's time as the first
replacement for Ronnie Lane back in '74.  Can't these writers ever
get history correct?

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #66 - Dec 1st, 2008 at 7:19pm
Joey wrote on Nov 18th, 2008 at 3:34pm:
" Maybe the economic situation which will hinder a Stones money haul on the road will result in time for a more artistic and solid recording opportunity. But Keith is the hold back and he seems happy performing one offs with country music folks.Hell the most inspired hard riff's he's put down new in last 10 years is that one dramatic riff during the Pirates meeting ffs "

Even though the economy of the United States of America continues to crater on a daily basis , somehow , somewhere , the citizens of my great country will find enough money to see The Rolling Stones  .

After all , The Eagles are adding more tour dates as I type this dear reader ( .....  and selling out every venue )  .

www.QWESTCENTER.com

" Hit Me Ronnie ! "

'kins  

Au contraire kins...Last reports I heard was that both The Eagles and Macca have scaled back touring plans because of poor sales due to HIGH ticket prices.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Soldatti
Rocks Off Regular

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reply #67 - Dec 1st, 2008 at 7:56pm
Well, one thing seems sure by now: no Stones next year.
you made a grown man cry

IP Logged

justinkurian
Rocks Off Regular

Dig That Jive, Like It
Should Be Dug

ny, ny
Reply #68 - Dec 2nd, 2008 at 7:39am

Ron Wood has confirmed long-standing reports that the Faces are gearing up for a reunion tour next year. “We had a few fantastic rehearsals last week and we’re ready to go,” Wood tells Rolling Stone. “It’s like no time has passed by.” Rod Stewart’s touring bassist Conrad Korsch sat in on bass, replacing original Faces bassist Ronnie Lane who died in 1997. “There’s a lot of guest bass players that want to do it — including Flea,” says Wood. They plan on hitting the road sometime in 2009, though no dates have been set. “We just have to sort out when and where and drop all of the management egos and just do what we can. We know we can do it. It’s just a matter of getting everyone’s availability sometime next year.” New studio work might also be in their future. “Rod wants me to write a load of new stuff for him, so I can do that,” says Wood. As far as Wood’s other band goes, he says he’s “always itching to do more work with [The Rolling Stones]. We just haven’t decided when and where, yet, but I know we will.”

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/12/01/ron-wood-says-faces-r...

Life is a party,&&Let's get out and strut&&&&...&&&&...

IP Logged

Noonan McKane
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #69 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 8:17pm
Can't see a Faces reunion tour starting in August. What? The start of the football season? Rod wouldn't want to miss any Celtic home games for anything. He's a season ticket holder, you know. His seat's within spitting distance of mine

IP Logged

NeoConRonnie
Rocks Off Regular

The Faces got fleas...
Reply #70 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 8:23pm
Red Hot Chili Peppers star Flea is to play bass for Rod Stewart's reuniting band The Faces!
Red Hot Chili Peppers star Flea is to join The Faces.
Guitarist Ronnie Wood has confirmed the band - fronted by Rod Stewart - are already rehearsing for a reunion tour and revealed the 'Around The World' bassist is ready to step in to replace original member Ronnie Lane, who died in 1997.

Ronnie told Rolling Stone magazine: "We had a few fantastic rehearsals last week and we're ready to go. It's like no time has passed by

"There's a lot of guest bass players that want to do it - including Flea.

"We just have to sort out when and where and drop all of the management egos and just do what we can. We know we can do it. It's just a matter of getting everyone's availability sometime next year."

As well as a tour, the band are also considering releasing a new album.

Ronnie - who also performs with The Rolling Stones - added: "Rod wants me to write a load of new stuff for him, so I can do that.

"I'm itching to do more work with The Rolling Stones too. We just haven't decided when and where, yet, but I know we will."

The Faces was formed with members from two bands, the Small Faces and the Jeff Beck group, in 1969 and included keyboard player Ian McLagan, drummer Kenney Jones and Ronnie Lane on bass alongside Rod and Ronnie.
http://www.list.co.uk/article/14700-red-hot-faces/

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #71 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 9:32pm

Funny how that article cherry picked quotes from the RS blurb, but overlooked the mention of
Rod Stewart's touring bassist Conrad Korsch - not Flea - actually being at those rehearsals...
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2008 at 9:34pm by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #72 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 9:34pm
In Ronnie's book The Faces had a bar on stage, is this going happen again??????? Ronnie would be in alcoholic heaven with his pal Rod, but how would the music be?? another rehab for Ronnie, by the way Rod's son is in celebrity rehab on T.V.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Rags
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #73 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 3:33pm
Here's a little news scoop from Mac! Check out the Austin Chronicle today (Dec 4, 2008):

Reunion fever hits close to home: Faces

Austin Chronicle
Off the Record
Music News
BY AUSTIN POWELL

First Step

http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/Issue/column?oid=oid%3A710376

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Re: The Faces got fleas...
Reply #74 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 6:43pm
NeoConRonnie wrote on Dec 3rd, 2008 at 8:23pm:
Red Hot Chili Peppers star Flea is to play bass for Rod Stewart's reuniting band The Faces!
Red Hot Chili Peppers star Flea is to join The Faces.

Guitarist Ronnie Wood has confirmed the band - fronted by Rod Stewart - are already rehearsing for a reunion tour and revealed the 'Around The World' bassist is ready to step in to replace original member Ronnie Lane, who died in 1997.

Ronnie told Rolling Stone magazine: "We had a few fantastic rehearsals last week and we're ready to go. It's like no time has passed by

"There's a lot of guest bass players that want to do it - including Flea.

er....significant difference between that headline and the actual content of the article.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)