Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Ronnie Wood and Rod Stewart to Reform The Faces (Read 12,095 times)
SweetVirginia
Rocks Off Regular

I know it's only rock
'n roll but I like it

NY
Re: Ronnie Wood and Rod Stewart to Reform The Face
Reply #25 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 4:58pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
LadyJane wrote on Nov 13th, 2008 at 11:31am:
This from http://www.mirror.co.uk/

Rod Stewart confirms The Faces are reforming

Slightly saggier - and wrinklier - than they used to be, The Faces are back.

We caught up with Rod Stewart at the Claridge's bar 10th anniversary party and asked him if the rumours of a reunion were true.

He told us: "Yes, absolutely. We have our first rehearsal on Monday. It will be next summer and I am looking forward to it. It'll be great." The Faces split up in 1975 when guitarist Ronnie Wood, 61, was tempted away. No, not by a young woman but by the Rolling Stones.

But Rod, 63, reckons the rocker's recent split from wife Jo will not hold him back.

He said: "Ronnie is up to it. He is full of energy and very excited. We try not to mix our family problems with work. I'll say you said hi." Rod was out in London with wife Penny, 37, and daughter Kimberly, 29. And it looks as if a good night was had by all. They were giggling as they struggled to get Penny's long legs into the back of the car. Rod said: "I've no problem having a good time with my daughter.

"I have never seen her drunk or doing anything silly. At least not in front of me." Not a chip off the old block then, Rod?
________________________________________________________________________________
______

If true, No Stones in 2009! Sad  Cry

LJ.

Hey, LJ...that Claridge's party was where Jade was assing out:

...&&&&&&

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #26 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 6:49pm
Mel Belli wrote on Nov 13th, 2008 at 1:39pm:
  The oncoming global recession pretty much killed any chance of Stones activity next year. The big-scale nostlagia concert market is going to be incredibly soft for a while, I think.

Agree 100%. If and when the Stones tour again, their chosen market will have to be much more selective.

Either that or they're really going to have to check their egoes in at the door and make their shows significantly more affordable.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #27 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 6:55pm
LadyJane wrote on Nov 13th, 2008 at 11:31am:
This from http://www.mirror.co.uk/

He told us: "Yes, absolutely. We have our first rehearsal on Monday. It will be next summer and I am looking forward to it. It'll be great." If true, No Stones in 2009! Sad  Cry

LJ.

They're rehearsing in November for a tour next summer? Sounds a bit strange. Either they're just getting together to see if its really gonna work out or they're musically VERY out of shape!

Theoretically, the Stones could record before a Faces tour and tour after it. Its not like they need Ronnie to be there for long when they're making a record (eg ABB) and it's unlikely that a Faces tour would take up much of 2009.

Whether that will happen in practice is another thing. As Mel indicated earlier, the state of the worldwide economy plus the fact that the Stones have toured a lot in recent years probably means that they've priced themselves out of the market for a while.
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2008 at 6:58pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #28 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 7:11pm
If I had the choice between one more Stones show with my Mutant friends vs the rest of my life alone/without companionship, I'd chose the former without ANY hesitation. Yep. That important to me.

I am so so afraid that I'll never see them again.

Time will tell. I just have to wait and see what fate has in store, I guess.

SIGH.

LJ.

IP Logged

FotiniD
Rocks Off Regular

ROCC & RO..ll...

Athens, Greece
Reply #29 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 1:40am
Despite the financial crisis and despite the Faces tour and despite what the Mayas said about 2012  Blank Frigging Stare lol, I just KNOW we will see these guys live again. For a certain fact. I have this stupid feeling I get every time with the Stones, and it hasn't failed me so far.

Have faith people.  Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

FotiniD  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #30 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 6:10am
If the Stones hadnt signed a new record deal earlier this year, I'd have had my doubts, but the fact that they've done so pretty much seals their intent to continue touring for the forseeable future, health permitting.

It is disappointing though that they seem unwilling to break away from that cycle where they will only embark on a tour when they have a new studio album to promote/justify it. It appeared possible earlier this year that they would do some shows, but in the end we had to chalk it up as another missed opportunity.

When you get into your mid 60's, continuing to take three year gaps between tours becomes increasingly silly.

... ... ...
IP Logged

SweetVirginia
Rocks Off Regular

I know it's only rock
'n roll but I like it

NY
Reply #31 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 6:22am
Gazza wrote on Nov 14th, 2008 at 6:10am:
It is disappointing though that they seem unwilling to break away from that cycle where they will only embark on a tour when they have a new studio album to promote/justify it.

And then run around the world performing very few (or none) of the cuts from said album.

...&&&&&&

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #32 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 6:35am
Indeed. Thats why I added "justify" as they sure had a funny way of "promoting" it!

... ... ...
IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #33 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 6:44am
Gazza and Fotini, you make me feel better!
Thank you!

Oh and Miss SV...aren't we on record as saying we'd be happy to sit through a two hour rotation of SMU, Miss You, Shattered and Happy Birthday to You JUST TO GET A TOUR??????!!!!!!  Grin  Grin

And somehow I just don't picture MT back with The Boys, although it would be interesting:

--11/07/08, Bologna Italy.

LJ.

IP Logged

corgi37
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Aussie land
Reply #34 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 7:57am
But...but...but...

Ian Billen said Keef & Mick were writing, and probably very nearly recording, a superb double album of new songs. He said the tour was slotted and they would do a month in Melbourne. - And then Ronnie goes and does this???

I aint no peace freak

IP Logged

SweetVirginia
Rocks Off Regular

I know it's only rock
'n roll but I like it

NY
Reply #35 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 9:59am
LadyJane wrote on Nov 14th, 2008 at 6:44am:
Oh and Miss SV...aren't we on record as saying we'd be happy to sit through a two hour rotation of SMU, Miss You, Shattered and Happy Birthday to You JUST TO GET A TOUR??????!!!!!!  Grin  Grin

And somehow I just don't picture MT back with The Boys, although it would be interesting:

LJ.

Oh, Dear God, LJ....my eyes are burning! Ronnie may be a sloppy drunken clown, but he does meet the Rolling Stones weight restrictions.

...&&&&&&

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #36 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 11:45am
Taylor hasnt missed any meals apparently...........

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #37 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 1:48pm
IF Faces does a summer tour, and RONNIE is a part of it, judging by ROD's big martini glass, this is going to be a huge temptation for RONNIE staying on 'the wagon'. If the parties are happening, it may be too much fun for RONNIE! So I think this will be a good test to see if RONNIE can actually handle it. Maybe the STONES are waiting to see how RONNIE progresses before making any tour commitments. It's a wise decision to wait, for the sake of RONNIE and for the sake of world economy. ROD STEWART was NOT sold out during his gigs here in the US. I imagine there should not be too many dates for The Faces tour.

IP Logged

twenty dollar me
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 3:11pm
Gazza wrote on Nov 14th, 2008 at 6:10am:
If the Stones hadnt signed a new record deal earlier this year, I'd have had my doubts, but the fact that they've done so pretty much seals their intent to continue touring for the forseeable future, health permitting.

It is disappointing though that they seem unwilling to break away from that cycle where they will only embark on a tour when they have a new studio album to promote/justify it. It appeared possible earlier this year that they would do some shows, but in the end we had to chalk it up as another missed opportunity.

your 1st paragraph sends a message of hope...thats a good thing.

i think, how can the stones tour without a new cd?  if they did we would be hearing the same ol same ol and not 1 or 2 new, fresh songs.  i highly doubt they will hit the road again without a new cd.  sure i would like to go even if they did, but i wouldn't bust my cc on it.  i give this much thought most nights as i fall asleep...trust me.

everybody say ow

Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #39 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 3:37pm
The 80 Licks Tour?..................

IP Logged

NeoConRonnie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #40 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 4:24pm
Ronnie's drawing of Rod .........

IP Logged

Moonisup
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #41 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 4:52pm
how fat mick is,
he plays better then ron and keith together,

the stones should tour every year, small shows, like dylan does,

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 7:14pm
They're too lazy to do so. Or maybe they're hoping that the 3 year wait will build up demand.

IP Logged

Ten Thousand Motels
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #43 - Nov 15th, 2008 at 5:11am

Sad. I got a brother like that. ... 51 ...slow death by couch potatoism....and potato chips.

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Nov 15th, 2008 at 4:07pm
Mick isn't a couch potato, he just loves Mickey D's.

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #45 - Nov 16th, 2008 at 2:48am
Well if The Stones do not tour or release an album next year and decide to wait unitil the following I think that is pretty horrid.

1 album in 13 years???

One album alone in this decade ??  I think if your still billing yourself as a fully functional, and operative band as The Stones "some what" do, then you certainly need to be putting out albums more.

They toured so often, wonderfully, and beyond all expectations within the past 15 years but as far as recording and brand spanking new studio output goes...it is less than even lazy. In a way it is basically embarrassing for who they are and what they tout themselves as still being (that being a huge and operative Rock n Roll group)

Ian
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2008 at 2:49am by Ian Billen »  

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #46 - Nov 16th, 2008 at 4:14am
Sadly, correct, Ian - and made worse when comparing the volume of output by artists of a similar vintage in recent years - Dylan, McCartney, Young, Springsteen, even Brian Wilson.

All of the above have produced a reasonable volume of new material, toured regularly AND put out archive releases.

Dont get me wrong, when choosing the Stones as a band to 'follow' when I was in my teens, I wouldnt have dreamed they'd still be around 30 years later and thats something to be very grateful for, but they've really settled into a comfort zone with the success of '40 Licks' and become the nostalgia act they swore they'd never be. A real waste, because - like yourself - I still think they have potentially more excellent music in them.

... ... ...
IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #47 - Nov 16th, 2008 at 9:05am
[quote author=Gazza link=1226512789/25#46 date=1226830483]Sadly, correct, Ian - and made worse when comparing the volume of output by artists of a similar vintage in recent years - Dylan, McCartney, Young, Springsteen, even Brian Wilson.

All of the above have produced a reasonable volume of new material, toured regularly AND put out archive releases.

Dont forget AC/DC who waited years but at least put out a #1 album that kicks ass.If they dont have one last good kick at the can maybe better to go out on the heels of the huge ABB Tour than not.

IP Logged

twenty dollar me
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Nov 16th, 2008 at 2:23pm
Gazza wrote on Nov 16th, 2008 at 4:14am:
Dont get me wrong, when choosing the Stones as a band to 'follow' when I was in my teens, I wouldnt have dreamed they'd still be around 30 years later and thats something to be very grateful for, but they've really settled into a comfort zone with the success of '40 Licks' and become the nostalgia act they swore they'd never be. A real waste, because - like yourself - I still think they have potentially more excellent music in them.

i agree 100%.  they do have another 10-15 brand new songs left in them.  but if and when i go to see them in concert again i will probably be going just to see them and not because of their playing....don't get me wrong here but keiths playing ain't going to get much better live after a bottle of 100 proof organic vodka.

long live the stones man

Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #49 - Nov 16th, 2008 at 10:25pm
Gazza wrote on Nov 16th, 2008 at 4:14am:
Sadly, correct, Ian - and made worse when comparing the volume of output by artists of a similar vintage in recent years - Dylan, McCartney, Young, Springsteen, even Brian Wilson.

See we really do agree in many instances such as this one. It is only the instances in which we do not agree that is so public.

I personally thought The 40 Licks thing was fine and a neat thing after it came to light (however I do still want studio albums. At least here and there. Not once over 12-13 years. Is that too much to ask). I was skeptical, to say the least, at first with no album what-so-ever to tour on except a greatest hits thing with a few new tunes. The message was simple...no new "concept tour" but rather just a great showcase of their live ability from theaters to stadiums. that was so cool. But regardless of that venture why do they still choose to wait so long in between albums? Dylan, Springsteen, MCcartney are putting out more than them, and as you said. If they can do it so can The Rolling Stones. Hell... The Stones are always on tour anyway it seems so what's the issue?? It isn't like they do not want to be around each-other. 

The issue is that simply.... they have become quite complacent in the mamouth tour area, live CD area, and a DVD area while putting studio work third or fourth on their objective list as a band. Sure the first two, three, or four things (tour, live album, DVD, ...even a movie) get taken care of but studio work is not that high on their priority list anymore. The proof is in the pudding. Numbers don't lie you know.

Ian
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2008 at 12:56am by Ian Billen »  

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)