Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Ronnie Wood and Rod Stewart to Reform The Faces (Read 12,061 times)
justinkurian
Rocks Off Regular

Dig That Jive, Like It
Should Be Dug

ny, ny
Ronnie Wood and Rod Stewart to Reform The Faces
Nov 12th, 2008 at 11:59am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

Rehearsal booked for Monday!

Chris Vinnicombe, Wed 12 Nov, 3:33 pm UTC

Rod Stewart has confirmed that The Faces are set to reunite for rehearsals, with a full reformation likely.

Speaking to Raysgigs.com, Stewart said that all of the surviving members were due to assemble for a rehearsal on 17 November.

Stewart's touring bassist is expected to fill in for original bassist Ronnie Lane, who passed away in 1997.

Ronnie Wood is on board, which casts further doubt on his future in The Rolling Stones, following speculation that recent tabloid attention regarding his personal life has caused disquiet in the Stones camp.

The Faces split in December 1975 following Wood's increasing involvement with The Rolling Stones. Wood went on to officially become a Rolling Stone in February 1976.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/ronnie-wood-and-rod-stewart-to-reform-the...

Life is a party,&&Let's get out and strut&&&&...&&&&...

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Re: Ronnie Wood and Rod Stewart to Reform The Face
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 1:04pm
I'll check back Monday for the setlists..NOT..Isnt this the 55th Faces reunion rumor?.However if true it does point to a further hiatus on new Stones activity.And at this point I'm sure Ronnie is still in unless he's too drunk to play (wait...that never stopped them before).

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #2 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 1:09pm
gimmekeef wrote on Nov 12th, 2008 at 1:04pm:
I'll check back Monday for the setlists..NOT..Isnt this the 55th Faces reunion rumor?.However if true it does point to a further hiatus on new Stones activity.And at this point I'm sure Ronnie is still in unless he's too drunk to play (wait...that never stopped them before).

If it is at this web site, it is happening.
If it is not, it is not happening.
Mac's last update on the topic was 26 August 08

http://macspages.com/

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #3 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 1:54pm
justinkurian wrote on Nov 12th, 2008 at 11:59am:

Rod Stewart has confirmed that The Faces are set to reunite for rehearsals, with a full reformation likely.

Speaking to Raysgigs.com, Stewart said that all of the surviving members were due to assemble for a rehearsal on 17 November.

Stewart's touring bassist is expected to fill in for original bassist Ronnie Lane, who passed away in 1997.

Ronnie Wood is on board, which casts further doubt on his future in The Rolling Stones,

er...no it doesnt, considering there are no plans for any Stones activity for the forseeable future....

for fucks sake... Roll Eyes

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

FotiniD
Rocks Off Regular

ROCC & RO..ll...

Athens, Greece
Reply #4 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 2:07pm
Gazza wrote on Nov 12th, 2008 at 1:54pm:

Ronnie Wood is on board, which casts further doubt on his future in The Rolling Stones,

er...no it doesnt, considering there are no plans for any Stones activity for the forseeable future....

Exactly, not to mention there were rumours for a Faces reunion way before the whole Ronnie/Katia story....  Huh

FotiniD  
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 2:30pm

" Ronnie Wood is on board, which casts further doubt on his future in The Rolling Stones, following speculation that recent tabloid attention regarding his personal life has caused disquiet in the Stones camp. "

... !!!!!!!

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #6 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 11:31am
This from http://www.mirror.co.uk/

Rod Stewart confirms The Faces are reforming

Slightly saggier - and wrinklier - than they used to be, The Faces are back.

We caught up with Rod Stewart at the Claridge's bar 10th anniversary party and asked him if the rumours of a reunion were true.

He told us: "Yes, absolutely. We have our first rehearsal on Monday. It will be next summer and I am looking forward to it. It'll be great." The Faces split up in 1975 when guitarist Ronnie Wood, 61, was tempted away. No, not by a young woman but by the Rolling Stones.

But Rod, 63, reckons the rocker's recent split from wife Jo will not hold him back.

He said: "Ronnie is up to it. He is full of energy and very excited. We try not to mix our family problems with work. I'll say you said hi." Rod was out in London with wife Penny, 37, and daughter Kimberly, 29. And it looks as if a good night was had by all. They were giggling as they struggled to get Penny's long legs into the back of the car. Rod said: "I've no problem having a good time with my daughter.

"I have never seen her drunk or doing anything silly. At least not in front of me." Not a chip off the old block then, Rod?
________________________________________________________________________________
______

If true, No Stones in 2009! Sad  Cry

LJ.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #7 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 11:42am
So they practice Monday for a summer tour? Still seems dodgy at best but it could be an interesting reunion. Maybe they just wanna jam a bit and see if the vibes and chemistry is going to work.

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #8 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 12:05pm
No Mac=No Faces Tour

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

Martha
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

The Blues
Reply #9 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 12:10pm
Joey wrote on Nov 12th, 2008 at 2:30pm:
" Ronnie Wood is on board, which casts further doubt on his future in The Rolling Stones, following speculation that recent tabloid attention regarding his personal life has caused disquiet in the Stones camp. "

... !!!!!!!

Ronnie looks ridiculous with this young girl on his arm.  He threw it all away.  That's the tragedy of alcoholism.

IP Logged

BILL PERKS
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Reply #10 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 12:22pm
I'LL BET MY DIRTY WORK COLLECTION THAT THEY HAVE ANOTHER GUITARIST WITH THEM!

IP Logged

NeoConRonnie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #11 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 12:32pm
Rod announced at his most recent concert that Aug '09 is when the faces will play some shows.

ROD STEWART has confirmed that 70s supergroup THE FACES are set for a reunion, more than 30 years after the band split.
Earlier this week (beg10Nov08), website Raygigs.com reported that Stewart and other original members Ronnie Wood, Ian MCLagan and Kenney Jones had booked a secret rehearsal slot next week (17Nov08) to see if the band still had what it takes to launch a string of reunion shows next year (09).
Scheduling problems between the members has hampered previous comeback plans - but Stewart has confirmed that this time it is a reformation is definitely on.
He says, "Yes, absolutely. We have our first rehearsal on Monday. It will be next summer and I am looking forward to it. It'll be great."
And Stewart is adamant that Wood's recent break-up with wife of 23 years Jo won't hold the star back from giving everything to the tour.
He adds, "Ronnie is up for it. I think he feels great. He is full of energy and very excited. We try not to mix our family problems with work. I'll see him Monday."

The band has previously reunited for a handful of one-off gigs - Wood and MCLagan performed with Stewart at the Hollywood Bowl in 2004.
Stewart's touring bass player is expected to complete the group, replacing late bassist Ronnie 'Plonk' Lane, who died in 1997.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/stewart%20confirms%20the%20faces%20...

11/13/2008 08:01:55 AM

Anything can happen from now till Aug. However in the past it has been Rod and schedules that have gotten in the way of it. Now that Rod wants to do it, and their schedules seem clear it seems more probable than ever.

Ouch!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #12 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 12:53pm

I am now so excited that I am typing this with me nipples .

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #13 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 12:57pm
NeoConRonnie wrote on Nov 13th, 2008 at 12:32pm:
Rod announced at his most recent concert that Aug '09 is when the faces will play some shows.

ROD STEWART has confirmed that 70s supergroup THE FACES are set for a reunion, more than 30 years after the band split.
Earlier this week (beg10Nov08), website Raygigs.com reported that Stewart and other original members Ronnie Wood, Ian MCLagan and Kenney Jones had booked a secret rehearsal slot next week (17Nov08) to see if the band still had what it takes to launch a string of reunion shows next year (09).
Scheduling problems between the members has hampered previous comeback plans - but Stewart has confirmed that this time it is a reformation is definitely on.
He says, "Yes, absolutely. We have our first rehearsal on Monday. It will be next summer and I am looking forward to it. It'll be great."
And Stewart is adamant that Wood's recent break-up with wife of 23 years Jo won't hold the star back from giving everything to the tour.
He adds, "Ronnie is up for it. I think he feels great. He is full of energy and very excited. We try not to mix our family problems with work. I'll see him Monday."

The band has previously reunited for a handful of one-off gigs - Wood and MCLagan performed with Stewart at the Hollywood Bowl in 2004.
Stewart's touring bass player is expected to complete the group, replacing late bassist Ronnie 'Plonk' Lane, who died in 1997.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/stewart%20confirms%20the%20faces%20...

11/13/2008 08:01:55 AM

Anything can happen from now till Aug. However in the past it has been Rod and schedules that have gotten in the way of it. Now that Rod wants to do it, and their schedules seem clear it seems more probable than ever.

Ouch!

Such irresponsible journalism.
How could this writer miss the fact that the immortal Tetsu Yamauchi replaced Ronnie Lane in the Faces, both touring with them, along with recording with them?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #14 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 1:22pm
" Such irresponsible journalism.
How could this writer miss the fact that the immortal Tetsu Yamauchi replaced Ronnie Lane in the Faces, both touring with them, along with recording with them?  "

Good Afternoon Nellcote ...............................................

Weeding ..... ?!

Hashishing .......... ?! .. !!! .. !

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #15 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 1:26pm
Joey wrote on Nov 13th, 2008 at 1:22pm:
" Such irresponsible journalism.
How could this writer miss the fact that the immortal Tetsu Yamauchi replaced Ronnie Lane in the Faces, both touring with them, along with recording with them?  "

Good Afternoon Nellcote ...............................................

Weeding ..... ?!

Hashishing .......... ?! .. !!! .. !

Joey;

I am preparing for the NFL East first place showdown this evening Pats vs J E T S
The red wine shall flow this evening....

IP Logged

Mel Belli
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #16 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 1:39pm

The oncoming global recession pretty much killed any chance of Stones activity next year. The big-scale nostlagia concert market is going to be incredibly soft for a while, I think.

fka Sandrew (a proud Rocks Off member since November 2001)&&&&"The Rolling Stones don't want any money ... so I'll keep it." - Melvin Belli, "Gimme Shelter"&&&&"We act so greedy, makes me sick sick sick."&&&&...

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #17 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 1:45pm
Mel Belli wrote on Nov 13th, 2008 at 1:39pm:

The oncoming global recession pretty much killed any chance of Stones activity next year. The big-scale nostlagia concert market is going to be incredibly soft for a while, I think.

Mel, you're spot on. Not enough tarps available to hide the empty seats.

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #18 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 2:11pm
gimmekeef wrote on Nov 13th, 2008 at 1:45pm:
Mel Belli wrote on Nov 13th, 2008 at 1:39pm:

Mel, you're spot on. Not enough tarps available to hide the empty seats.

JB predicted this...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #19 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 2:12pm
" JB predicted this... "

... !!!!!

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #20 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 2:14pm
JB is currently leading a prayer group at Shidobee for the return of Mick Taylor

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #21 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 3:09pm
" The red wine shall flow this evening "

You are much loved by Joey

www.HESSCOLLECTION.com

IP Logged

cabledogg2
Rocks Off Regular

Maryland , USA
Reply #22 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 4:08pm
"Ronnie Wood and Rod Stewart to Reform The Faces"

This would be a disaster.......................

IP Logged

twenty dollar me
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 4:43pm
cabledogg2 wrote on Nov 13th, 2008 at 4:08pm:

the more i think about it the more i think you might be right.  i think its a great idea and i think they could probably pull off a few shows in select areas, but i can't see them together for a full on tour that will last say a year, a year and a half.  i think they should play in london and new york and perhaps san fran and la.

Ouch!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #24 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 4:51pm
Quote:
cabledogg2 wrote on Nov 13th, 2008 at 4:08pm:

the more i think about it the more i think you might be right.  i think its a great idea and i think they could probably pull off a few shows in select areas, but i can't see them together for a full on tour that will last say a year, a year and a half.  i

There's no indication that they will.  They all have 'day jobs'.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)