Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"Let it Bleed" with Dwayne Dopsie! JazzFest, New Orleans, La - May 2, 2024 © Chris Granger, The Times-Picayune

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
IS THIS FORUM BECOME A PEOPLE MAGAZINE ? (Read 5,385 times)
riffkeither
Rocks Off Regular

Gimme Some Neck !!

France Marseille
IS THIS FORUM BECOME A PEOPLE MAGAZINE ?
Sep 11th, 2008 at 2:27pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Just read about some topics here , lots are boring us , it's a rock n roll forum not a forum of "midinettes",
i don't care about all those people  news , we need good subjects on the Rolling Stones , it's hard to say but who speak about music !
Maybe i'm wrong , who care but it's my feeling , cause i been here for more than six years and there is not  a day that i miss   reading all you write ! but i'm a little bit disapointed  by the way this forum took..

the topic is open ,now ladies and gentelmen Start your Engines !!

cya Shut the fuck up now

I've dealt with my ghosts and I've faced all my demons...
I'm movin' on

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Re: IS THIS FORUM BECOME A PEOPLE MAGAZINE ?
Reply #1 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 2:28pm
" the topic is open ,now ladies and gentelmen Start your Engines !! "

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #2 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 2:39pm
We should focus.  Joey Kins, are you with me???   Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 2:43pm
" We should focus.  Joey Kins, are you with me???   "

You bet your sweet bippy F.G. .. ! :

|
|
V

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 2:44pm
I AM QUITE FLAtULENT TODAY. tHIS SEEMED LIKE THE PEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRFFFFFFFFFEEEEEECCCCCCCTTTTTTTTT THREAD IN WHICH TO ANNOUNCE IT.
« Last Edit: Sep 11th, 2008 at 2:48pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #5 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 2:48pm
Joey wrote on Sep 11th, 2008 at 2:43pm:
" We should focus.  Joey Kins, are you with me???   "

You bet your sweet bippy F.G. .. ! :

|
|
V

We need an emoticon of that lovely pair.    Stay focused, stay the course.  Thank you,  dear Joseph.

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

riffkeither
Rocks Off Regular

Gimme Some Neck !!

France Marseille
Reply #6 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 3:28pm
IT'S ONLY ROCK N ROLL BUT I LIKE IT !! Wow! Wow! You rock! You rock!

I'm movin' on

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #7 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 3:32pm
you want rock and roll... okay, i'm listening to the exploited punks not dead album and new motorhead... if I rock any harder I will die...

IP Logged

riffkeither
Rocks Off Regular

Gimme Some Neck !!

France Marseille
Reply #8 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 3:37pm
i listen to     Motorizer  too and it's hurts

I Really enjoy

http://www.imotorhead.com/graphics/MHDcrestVERSION2.jpg

I'm movin' on

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #9 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 3:40pm
" Walking on thin ice,

Im paying the price

For throwing the dice in the air.

Why must we learn it the hard way

And play the game of life with your heart?

I gave you my knife,

You gave me my life

Like a gush of wind in my hair.

Why do we forget whats been said

And play the game of life with our hearts?

I may cry some day,

But the tears will dry whichever way.

And when our hearts return to ashes,

Itll be just a story,

Itll be just a story.

Ai-ai-ai-ai-ai-ai-ai-ai...

Ooh-ahooh...

"i knew a girl who tried to walk across the lake,

course it was winter when all this was ice.

Thats a hell of a thing to do, you know.

They say the lake is as big as the ocean.

I wonder if she knew about it? "

« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2008 at 3:12pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

riffkeither
Rocks Off Regular

Gimme Some Neck !!

France Marseille
Reply #10 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 3:47pm
Sometimes you misunderstood

The way I see it, don't do no good

Sometimes you can't raise no help

Wind up ahead of yourself

I swear I get so tired of aggravation

Believe me baby it's nowhere, nowhere

(Chorus)

The same old thing

The same old thing

I just wanna

Shut it down

Shut it down

On your feet or on your knees

You're only shooting the breeze

Words are cheap and talk is free

Turns out to be a rabbit with me

I'm gonna ace you out

No more confusion

Begin to make me nervous, nervous

I don't think you understand

Ain't no-one holding your hand

You're only skin and bone

You're born broke and you die alone

Free rides are over now

No more Mr. Nice Guy

Believe me baby it's over, over

I'm movin' on

IP Logged

fireontheplatter
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 4:25pm
who cares about rock and roll.  joey's couch thread was the best thread in months.

Are you fucking serious?

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #12 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 4:35pm
I don't see a a problem posting major/or interesting news that is not involved directly with music here and again. I do it myself ....some times. However, I normally give an acknowledgment in the beginning of my posts that are off topic from music in that I do realize this is primarily a Rolling Stones/Music message board however some may find the particular post interesting, beneficial, or might want to add their opinion (just so the boards main focus is not lost or forgotten).

I don't think this should be over done or become a five times a day practice in starting brand new completely off topic threads by any of us really ....(not that I have seen people start off topic threads here five times in a day because I haven't. This is just an over blown example).

*Regardless, these off topic posts have helped us get to know each other better and also have created some interesting conversations. I like knowing how members here feel about off topic things some times. At times I also enjoy talking about it with them. As I stated above, maybe a little moderation can always be kept in mind (not that each of us don't moderate our off topic posts because I think we do). However, I see all of us posting about music constantly as well so really, I am not really seeing this as a bad thing or an issue.

I think if it keeps the board active and people want to talk about it why shouldn't we be able to post "some" off topic threads.. *now and then* (note ..."some" meaning...we each should have threads about music here as well in which we do)?

Gazza, and Voodoo should really have the final say. After all, they are the Admin's and they created and maintain this board.

Gazza, Voodoo.....do you care to comment on this?

Ian
« Last Edit: Sep 11th, 2008 at 4:53pm by Ian Billen »  

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #13 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 4:38pm
"   joey's couch thread was the best thread in months. "

fireontheplatter ..........................................

I would like to clutch you to me bosom and softly , gently , sweetly stroke your young , warm , moist , sweaty , glistening , GLISTENING young fireontheplatter forehead and just say , ...... well  , " THANKS " for being ........ well's  .... yous !

You are much loved by Joey

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #14 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 4:48pm
" Just read about some topics here , lots are boring us , it's a rock n roll forum not a forum of "midinettes",
i don't care about all those people  news , we need good subjects on the Rolling Stones , it's hard to say but who speak about music ! "

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #15 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 5:24pm
we need a stones tour :smile

IP Logged

open-g
Rocks Off Regular

Silence is golden, Duct
tape is silver

Berlin
Reply #16 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 9:30pm
riffkeither wrote on Sep 11th, 2008 at 2:27pm:
Just read about some topics here , lots are boring us , it's a rock n roll forum not a forum of "midinettes",
i don't care about all those people  news , we need good subjects on the Rolling Stones , it's hard to say but who speak about music !
Maybe i'm wrong , who care but it's my feeling , cause i been here for more than six years and there is not  a day that i miss   reading all you write ! but i'm a little bit disapointed  by the way this forum took..

cya Shut the fuck up now

+1 on that   Are you fucking serious?

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #17 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 7:58am
riffkeither wrote on Sep 11th, 2008 at 2:27pm:
i don't care about all those people  news , we need good subjects on the Rolling Stones , it's hard to say but who speak about music !
Maybe i'm wrong , who care but it's my feeling , cause i been here for more than six years and there is not  a day that i miss   reading all you write ! but i'm a little bit disapointed  by the way this forum took..

cya Shut the fuck up now

"People" magazine? You saying that you have a problem with threads posting pics of the Stones or if theyre attending some event?

Its a Stones message board - so basically anything pertaining to the band is welcome. The Stones mean different things to different people. Personally, I couldnt care less about their personal lives when it doesnt affect their music, but it belongs on here because other people obviously do.

As for the other stuff - the Stones have worked for about 40 days in the last 21 months. Basically, it's pretty hard to sustain anything newsworthy when they're not on tour or when there's nothing in the works.

If there's nothing newsworthy then the onus is on those who may be interested to initiate a discussion on something else which others can participate in. If thats what people want to do - and I'd certainly encourage it - then feel free to do so. Its a much better alternative than asking why others don't do it or choosing to say nothing at all.

Personally, I find it baffling why anyone can choose to visit a Stones board and decide to post more frequently about things like politics or sport than they do about music (although I've no problem with either subject in moderation and as long as it - especially the politics - doesnt get out of hand) , and I doubt I'm alone in that. No wonder some find it off-putting.
« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2008 at 8:01am by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #18 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 7:59am
Ian Billen wrote on Sep 11th, 2008 at 4:35pm:
I don't see a a problem posting major/or interesting news that is not involved directly with music here and again. I do it myself ....some times. However, I normally give an acknowledgment in the beginning of my posts that are off topic from music in that I do realize this is primarily a Rolling Stones/Music message board however some may find the particular post interesting, beneficial, or might want to add their opinion (just so the boards main focus is not lost or forgotten).

I don't think this should be over done or become a five times a day practice in starting brand new completely off topic threads by any of us really ....(not that I have seen people start off topic threads here five times in a day because I haven't. This is just an over blown example).

*Regardless, these off topic posts have helped us get to know each other better and also have created some interesting conversations. I like knowing how members here feel about off topic things some times. At times I also enjoy talking about it with them. As I stated above, maybe a little moderation can always be kept in mind (not that each of us don't moderate our off topic posts because I think we do). However, I see all of us posting about music constantly as well so really, I am not really seeing this as a bad thing or an issue.

I think if it keeps the board active and people want to talk about it why shouldn't we be able to post "some" off topic threads.. *now and then* (note ..."some" meaning...we each should have threads about music here as well in which we do)?

Gazza, and Voodoo should really have the final say. After all, they are the Admin's and they created and maintain this board.

Gazza, Voodoo.....do you care to comment on this?

Ian

I'm not voting, but am instead electing to mark myself as "present".....

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #19 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 8:05am
No offense to the original poster, but there are other Stones boards that are more than happy to ensure that all topics relate to the Rolling Stones.  This forum, on the other hand, allows its posters to wander into other areas.  For me, that is a refreshing change and keeps things lively.  And here's a neat idea, if you don't like a thread, don't read it.

Pretty easy stuff.

IP Logged

MaineMotels
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 8:21am
nankerphelge wrote on Sep 12th, 2008 at 8:05am:
 This forum, on the other hand, allows its posters to wander into other areas.  For me, that is a refreshing change and keeps things lively.  And here's a neat idea, if you don't like a thread, don't read it.

Pretty easy stuff.  

I agree wholehearedly.  
Let's go get drunk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------
The Baggy Pants Posse
Florida crackdown nets 11 more perps for exposing their boxer shorts
Smoking Gun

SEPTEMBER 11--Last week we brought word of the arrest of Kenneth Smith, a Florida man busted for wearing baggy pants that exposed his boxer shorts. Well, it turns out that the Riviera Beach cops have been rather diligent in enforcing a new city ordinance targeting droopy shorts and trousers, according to police reports. Since officers began their crackdown last month, they have arrested at least 11 other baggy pants perps (of that group, two are juveniles). Below you'll find mug shots of eight of the other nine arrestees, aged between 18 and 36. As seen in a series of Riviera Beach Police Department probable cause affidavits, each of the males was nabbed after officers determined that low-slung pants or shorts had resulted in the exposure of between two and five inches of the individual offender's boxer shorts. While most of the busts occurred without incident, a few of the arrestees appeared bewildered that they were being arrested for a trouser-related offense. One of the juveniles, in fact, cursed out Officer J. Thornton and said, according to one affidavit, "Your a cracker and ain't got shit better to do." First-time violators of ordinance 12-3043 face a fine of up to $150. Repeat offenders could be sentenced to a maximum of 30 days in jail.  

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/0911081baggy1.html
« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2008 at 8:26am by Ten Thousand Motels »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #21 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 9:04am
"   This forum, on the other hand, allows its posters to wander into other areas.  For me, that is a refreshing change and keeps things lively.  And here's a neat idea, if you don't like a thread, don't read it.

Pretty easy stuff.  "

A - FRIGGIN - MEN !!!!!!

J " Snuggles " Fly ! ™

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 9:11am
Shiiiidddooobbbbbe has been very slow lately. Joshy might come back here. If he can find the new location...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #23 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 9:29am
" Shiiiidddooobbbbbe has been very slow lately. Joshy might come back here. If he can find the new location "

The Jew
A poem
-----------------------------------------------------
Scattered by God's almighty hand,
Afflicted and forlorn,
Sad wanderers from their pleasant Land,
Do Judah's children mourn;
And e'en in Christian countries, few
Breathe thoughts of pity for the Jew.
Yet listen, Gentile, do you love
The Bible's precious page?
Then let your heart with kindness move
To Israel's heritage;
Who traced those lines of love for you?
Each sacred writer was a Jew.
And then as years and ages passed,
And Nations rose and fell,
Though clouds and darkness oft were cast
O'er captive Israel
The oracles of God for you
Were kept in safety by the Jew.
And when the great Redeemer came
For guilty man to bleed.
He did not take an angel's name,
No, born of Abraham's seed,
Jesus, who gave His life for you -
The gentle Saviour - was a Jew.
And though His own received Him not,
And turned in pride away,
Whence is the Gentile's happier lot?
Are you more just than they?
No! God in pity turned to you -
Have you no pity for the Jew?
Go, then, and bend your knee to pray
For Israel's ancient race;
Ask the dear Saviour every day
To call them by His grace.
Go, for a debt of love is due
From Christian Gentiles to the Jew.
Author Unknown

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 9:32am
Joey, i hope that hurricane doesn't affect you too much!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)