Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
great and funny interview with georgia jagger (Read 1,183 times)
moy
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Mars
great and funny interview with georgia jagger
Aug 16th, 2008 at 10:22pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Georgia Jagger's plea to Jerry Hall: 'You can't go out in that miniskirt! God, Mum, you ARE 50...'
By James Tapper
Last updated at 2:36 AM on 17th August 2008
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1045977/Georgia-Jaggers-plea-Jerry-...

It's a chorus chanted by the mothers of teenage daughters the length of the country: ‘You can’t wear that skirt... it’s far too short.’

But in the Jagger household they do things slightly differently – with the youngsters wading in to protect their mother’s dignity.

In her first interview, Georgia Jagger, the youngest daughter of Mick Jagger and Jerry Hall, has revealed how she confiscated all her mother’s miniskirts when Jerry turned 50.

Rock chic: Georgia May Jagger in one of her first modelling shoots

Sixteen-year-old Georgia says: ‘I did take all her miniskirts. I told her one night that her skirt was too short – she came down the stairs and I was like, “God, Mum, you are 50.”’

Texan model Jerry – who once famously said she’d wear bikinis until she was 80 – hit her half-century two years ago and seems to have taken her daughter’s advice about skirts.

She put her minis up for auction earlier this year, alongside the dress she wore when she married Mick in Bali in 1990.

They split in 1999, and Jagger had the marriage annulled on the grounds that it was not valid under English or Indonesian law.

Georgia’s interview, in The Mail on Sunday’s You magazine today, gives a revealing insight into the Jagger family.

She says 65-year-old Mick is ‘just Dad’; the most important lessons her mother taught her are to ‘be nice, and on time’ and that her 24-year-old sister Lizzie is her best friend.

Of her father, she says: ‘Actually he’s not as cool as you’d think he’d be. He’s fun but everyone thinks he would just want to party all the time but, well, he’s just Dad. He worries like most dads do.’

She likes his music and says she has ‘lots’ of Rolling Stones songs on her iPod. ‘Sympathy For The Devil is my favourite track,’ she says.

Georgia, who also has two brothers – James, 22, and Gabriel, 11 – adds: ‘Lizzie is my absolute best friend. The only thing we argue over is clothes – but all sisters do that.’

Georgia, who has her father’s lips, could follow her mother on to the catwalk.

She was signed up by agency Elite Models, which represents her mother and older sister, when she turned 16 this year.

But she won’t be tempted into cosmetic surgery to help her career along.

She says: ‘I wouldn’t even have braces on my teeth. This idea that everyone should conform and be perfect is ridiculous.

Sir Mick Jagger and Georgia: She said her father was 'not as cool as you'd think he'd be'

‘I like the fact that I have good old-fashioned British teeth with a big gap. Who wants those gleaming white cosmetically enhanced American teeth?’

Georgia – one of seven children Mick has fathered with four women – is studying art, photography and sociology at A-level and her ambition is to be a photographer and fashion designer.

Georgia May Jagger:
why Mick's baby girl rocks
By Jane Gordon
Last updated at 8:00 PM on 16th August 2008

She is the youngest daughter of Mick Jagger, Mum is the glamorous Jerry Hall. In her first ever interview, rock princess Georgia May Jagger, 16, reveals what she really thinks about Dad's music, why she forages in Mum's wardrobe, and how she gets on with her siblings.

Have you always had a passion for clothes?

Yes, I’m interested in every aspect of fashion. I think it’s in my bones. When I was younger I used to be my mum’s stylist, picking things out for her to wear. I’d say to her, ‘If anybody asks you who styled you tonight say, “Georgia”.’

Did you ever stop her from wearing something you thought was inappropriate, such as a miniskirt, and then steal it for yourself?

I did take all her miniskirts. I didn’t tell her she couldn’t wear them but I told her one night that her skirt was too short – she came down the stairs and I was like, ‘God, Mum, you are 50.’

What labels do you love?

American Apparel and All Saints are my staples. And I love the Oli online stuff. The silver sparkly dress I’m wearing below is really wicked – I will wear it to parties.  

Are you and your 24-year-old sister Lizzie close?

Lizzie is my absolute best friend. We have a very close relationship, but then my mum has four sisters so the family is a bit of a sisterhood. The only thing that Lizzie and I sometimes argue over is clothes – but I think all sisters do that. And we both hoard stuff – we have a hoarding gene and we both have more clothes than we could ever possibly wear.

And what about your brothers James and Gabriel?

There are six years between me and each of my brothers – James is six years older and Gabriel is six years younger. I think Jimmy is brilliant – he’s a really good actor – and I’m close to Gabriel, but he is my little brother so he can be kind of irritating. He is a brilliant artist, though. For Father’s Day this year I made my dad a card that I thought was pretty good. It said ‘Happy Father’s Day Dada – thank you for being my Dad’, but Gabriel had made him an even better card. He had painted his message in Mandarin – he had looked it all up on the internet – and it was amazing. And he’s only ten…

Do you, your siblings and half-siblings ever all get together?

Yes, at Christmas and New Year, and sometimes at Easter. I am going to stay with Karis [Mick Jagger’s eldest daughter with Marsha Hunt] in Los Angeles this summer. She is very clever – she went to Yale – and works in the film industry. Jade [daughter of Mick and Bianca Jagger] lived on Ibiza for a long time, so I didn’t see so much of her or her daughters Amba and Assisi, but now they’re back in Britain it’s really cool.

Your mother strongly disapproves of cosmetic surgery – nowadays we are led to believe that girls as young as you are ‘having work’. What do you think about that?

I wouldn’t even have braces on my teeth. I think they are horrible and this idea that everyone should conform and be perfect is ridiculous. I like the fact I have good old-fashioned British teeth with a big gap. Who wants those gleaming white cosmetically enhanced American teeth?

You seem very sure of yourself for someone of 16.

It’s probably to do with Mum. She just told us to always be ourselves. And Dad keeps us grounded too. But you know, I’m not that sure of myself.

How did your GCSEs go this summer?

I did nine and I was very nervous because I’m dyslexic and I find exams difficult. They give you a bit of extra time but it’s only 20 minutes, and that’s how long it takes me just to plan an essay. Ohmygod, and in my French oral I started speaking Spanish and the teacher was like, ‘That’s not French.’

What did you do to celebrate when the exams were over?

First of all I burnt my maths papers, but that was a spiritual thing – I hate maths. Then I painted my nails because we are not allowed nail varnish at my school. I was too exhausted to go to any parties. I celebrated by sleeping for a very long time.

So, what’s next?

I would like to do art, photography and sociology at A-level – probably at college rather than school because I have been at my school for 13 years and, although it’s a great school, that’s enough, thank you very much. I might go to college with Assisi – who is the same age as me, but as Jade’s daughter is actually my niece – which would be fun.

Do you intend to make a career out of modelling like your mum and Lizzie?

Maybe, but I don’t want to just be a model – I want to take photographs. And design the clothes. I am interested in that and know that people like Jasmine Guinness have designed capsule collections for Oli – and that would interest me. I want to be an entrepreneur too; I like the business side of things. When I was younger I wanted to be a vet or a tightrope walker. But I have no sense of balance and I can’t bear animals dying, so I abandoned both ideas.

Do you have any pets?

At home we have two dogs, a bearded collie and a tiny papillon, and two cats, one tabby and one huge black cat that’s more like a panther and brings in rats for my mum. I used to have a pony but I outgrew it and I do dream that one day I will live in the country and have lots of horses and be like a proper English lady who goes hunting and everything…

Do you watch programmes such as MTV’s Sweet Sixteen?

I do sometimes watch it because it is so awful and funny, but I think those shows are silly. I preferred MTV as it used to be when it was about the music – I don’t like it that now they just have reality shows. Reality TV rots people’s brains.

And what have you got on your iPod? Any Rolling Stones?

Oh lots of them, all of them. ‘Sympathy for the Devil’ is my favourite track. I mainly like old bands – blues, Motown, rock. Dad didn’t try to influence me, it was more my sister. When I was about 12 she bought me about 40 albums for Christmas to properly get me into good music.  

Would you say you ate healthily?

We only eat organic food at home. My mum was one of the pioneers. I remember us all complaining about it and saying we wanted to go to McDonald’s, but she wouldn’t let us. Now I understand and I wouldn’t eat anything but organic. I’m not sporty, so I don’t really exercise, but I walk a lot and there are a lot of stairs in my house. I used to hate gym at school.

But if you wanted to be a tightrope walker you must have been good at gymnastics?

I only wanted to do that because they get to wear the coolest outfits – circus or ballet-style costumes. Maybe one day I’ll do costume design, that would be wicked.

How often do you see your dad?

We don’t have a set routine like every other weekend or anything. I just see him when neither of us are too busy and on holidays, which is quite a lot…

It must be very cool to have a father like Mick Jagger.

Well, actually he’s not as cool as you’d think he’d be. He’s fun but everyone thinks he would be very lenient and just want to party all the time but, well, he’s just Dad. He worries like most dads do.

What is the most important thing you’ve learnt from your parents?

Mum tells me to always be nice to everyone, even if they’re not nice to you. And to always be on time. From Dad I’ve inherited a hard work ethic.

How do you cope with life in the public eye?

I’m not famous. Nobody knows who I am, unless I’m at a Rolling Stones concert or something. Otherwise, I’m just normal – I go to school and I come home and I see my friends.

Having grown up in such a famous family, though, how do you regard fame?

I don’t think anyone in my family has ever wanted to be famous. They just wanted to do what they are good at – my mum wanted to be a model and an actress, and if you are successful in those jobs you do become famous, it’s just how it is. But that’s not the reason she wanted to do those things – and that’s not the reason why my dad wanted to be a musician. I think if you have talent and you want people to be aware of it – and you deserve it – then that’s fine. But being famous for being famous, without any specific talent and without working, is not good. It-girls are awful.

Finally, if you could travel forward ten years in time, what do you think you would be doing?

What a dreadful question. I don’t think any 16-year-old should know what they’ll be doing in ten years’ time. If they are that determined that they are going to do one thing and it goes wrong, it would be the end of their life. I could be doing anything in ten years’ time…

Georgia May is wearing pieces from the latest Oli range. YOU readers can get an exclusive 15 per cent off Oli fashion until 31 August. Please enter R8LP at oli.co.uk

Photographs: Robert Astley Sparke

Blank Frigging Stare
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2008 at 10:25pm by moy »  

IP Logged

MaineMotels
Ex Member

Re: great and funny interview with georgia jagger
Reply #1 - Aug 17th, 2008 at 5:08am
Nice read and nice pics. Thanks for posting it. Sounds like a cool kid.

IP Logged

fireontheplatter
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 17th, 2008 at 10:50am
mick did alright with her.....she's a cutie with high aspirations...doesn't get much better than that.

Are you fucking serious?

IP Logged

Zack
Rocks Off Regular

Chiba Face Rules You Bastards!

Dakar
Reply #3 - Aug 17th, 2008 at 10:55am
pervert

Only a crowd can make you feel so alone.

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #4 - Aug 17th, 2008 at 11:47am
She's beautiful, and has a young Briggite Bardot vibe to her.   

Daddy Mick better watch out when she turns 18....for Ronnie.   Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

Blank Frigging Stare Blank Frigging Stare Blank Frigging Stare Blank Frigging Stare Blank Frigging Stare

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

MaineMotels
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 1:44pm
Factory Girl wrote on Aug 17th, 2008 at 11:47am:
She's beautiful, and has a young Briggite Bardot vibe to her.  

Daddy Mick better watch out when she turns 18....for Ronnie.   Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

Blank Frigging Stare Blank Frigging Stare Blank Frigging Stare Blank Frigging Stare Blank Frigging Stare

I used to have that split in my front teeth too. Back in the days when I actually had all my natural teeth.

Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint

IP Logged

Zack
Rocks Off Regular

Chiba Face Rules You Bastards!

Dakar
Reply #6 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 2:03pm
Ten Thousand Motels wrote on Aug 19th, 2008 at 1:44pm:
I used to have that split in my front teeth too. Back in the days when I actually had all my natural teeth.

Do you happen to have any disused automobiles or appliances in your yard?  

Only a crowd can make you feel so alone.

IP Logged

MaineMotels
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 2:10pm
Zack wrote on Aug 19th, 2008 at 2:03pm:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote on Aug 19th, 2008 at 1:44pm:

Do you happen to have any disused automobiles or appliances in your yard?  

Hell no. LOL You must have been reading the Beans of Egypt. I keep my yard mowed. All prim and proper.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)