Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bullshit about Ronnie's Book. (Read 1,664 times)
Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Bullshit about Ronnie's Book.
Aug 15th, 2008 at 1:53pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Ronnie said in his book, that the originals about Led Zeppelin, was that he was asked about being the Guitarist in a new band, that became Led Zep. Jimmy page was in the original Yardbirds, & he was always the guitarist on top on being being in The Yardbirds, Ronnie said that Peter Grant called him in a office, & said there's this new band called The New Yardbirds, so Ronnie tries to claim that Peter Grant called him into a office to be the guitarist in a new band, when it was Jimmy Page who fucking was the guy who formed the Band, Ronnie is full of fucking Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Re: Bullshit about Ronnie's Book.
Reply #1 - Aug 15th, 2008 at 2:16pm
the book, was sadly, a very disappointing read.
  In print, he just comes across as a complete tosser, who's spent his life dodging the raindrops.

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #2 - Aug 15th, 2008 at 2:26pm
Shit he was 3 sheets to the wind when he did it.

IP Logged

Zack
Rocks Off Regular

Chiba Face Rules You Bastards!

Dakar
Reply #3 - Aug 15th, 2008 at 2:28pm
Ronnie was also with Napoleon at Waterloo and Washington at Valley Forge.  Ouch!

Only a crowd can make you feel so alone.

IP Logged

Deathgod
Rocks Off Regular

The Artist Formerly Known
as Daethgod

Ocean Grove Australia Earth
Reply #4 - Aug 15th, 2008 at 7:17pm
the book was kinda ok, nothing new for a Stones fan tho.

why didn't he delve deep into some behind the scenes stories and anecdotes on recording or touring.

Some interesting rants or even funny stuff that has happened during times in the studio or on teh road.

It didn't make you feel like you were getting the scoop on anything.

Even a run down on his guitars, how he and Keef come up with riffs, how he wrote his solo songs would've been great.

Cmon Ronnie - LIFT !

Retarded post

RO old skool : Posts: 1170 | Registered: Nov 2002

IP Logged

corgi37
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Aussie land
Reply #5 - Aug 15th, 2008 at 10:44pm
To be fair, i dont think Jagger would allow such "secrets" to get out. It's odd how the band used to love to fan the flames of scandal, and yet have been ultra secretative for ages now. Even fights are denied!

Also, think of it from left field a bit. One day, Keith or Mick will do a book and they dont want a new guy delivering all the punch lines. I actually found Wyman's books the most disappointing. Too much info on what they got paid at a Eel Pie Island gig, or how many chicks he fucked that week, and not enough goss on the important sessions of rock history.

I aint no peace freak

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #6 - Aug 16th, 2008 at 4:24am
corgi37 wrote on Aug 15th, 2008 at 10:44pm:
To be fair, i dont think Jagger would allow such "secrets" to get out. It's odd how the band used to love to fan the flames of scandal, and yet have been ultra secretative for ages now. Even fights are denied!

Also, think of it from left field a bit. One day, Keith or Mick will do a book and they dont want a new guy delivering all the punch lines. I actually found Wyman's books the most disappointing. Too much info on what they got paid at a Eel Pie Island gig, or how many chicks he fucked that week, and not enough goss on the important sessions of rock history.

Mick will never write his own autobiography. He could make more money by doing a couple of shows, he's far too protective and self conscious of his own privacy and image, plus he's not remotely interested in looking back. Even less so as he's got older.

He signed a $6 million advance for his autobiography in 1983 or so, and then had to give all the money back when he realised he couldnt remember enough to make it worthwhile. He even asked Bill to help him out with info and Bill, who was writing his own memoirs, told him to fuck off.

Agree with you about Stone Alone. Distinctly underwhelming at times and drearily written.
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2008 at 4:25am by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

corgi37
Rocks Off Regular

Aussie land
Reply #7 - Aug 16th, 2008 at 5:25am
I remember reading about Jagger having to return his advance. It's all very well for him to not look back, and thats ok, but there's so much stuff not revealed or confirmed. But then again, i suppose he just doesnt give a shit. he's gotta live with it all every day. Though no one really cares about his soap opera as much as they used to.

What about Keith? Isnt he (ahem) "writing" a memoir?

I aint no peace freak

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #8 - Aug 16th, 2008 at 6:18am
corgi37 wrote on Aug 16th, 2008 at 5:25am:
I remember reading about Jagger having to return his advance. It's all very well for him to not look back, and thats ok, but there's so much stuff not revealed or confirmed. But then again, i suppose he just doesnt give a shit. he's gotta live with it all every day. Though no one really cares about his soap opera as much as they used to.

What about Keith? Isnt he (ahem) "writing" a memoir?

Yes. Should be due out some time this side of the next Olympiad.  FOP claims to have his food supplies already packed for the 6-day camp out that will apparently be required for the marathon booksigning session that he feels is a cert to take place.

I think I'll just enter an online competition instead like I did to get a signed copy of Ronnie's book. It worked out OK. They asked me to pick my favourite Stones song and explain why it was so great. I chose 'Gimme Shelter' and wrote a few lines of pretentious bollocks about how Keith's flickering guitar intro perfectly signalled the 'impending doom' predicted in the song's lyrics. They bought it.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #9 - Aug 16th, 2008 at 3:13pm
I liked Ronnie's book but there wasnt much new material. I wondered how he remembered such factazoids as the one you think is incorrect regarding Led Zep, and I thought there were other small mistakes with the details, but with so many braincells destroyed, I expected this. Each bottle of booze destroys thousands of brain cells, but this could be an incorrect factazoid due to too many destroyed braincells in my own head. "He who is without fault cast the first stone", RONNIE is the outcast STONE lately! Poor Ronnie, give him a fvcking break!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #10 - Aug 16th, 2008 at 6:03pm
Bitch wrote on Aug 16th, 2008 at 3:13pm:
I liked Ronnie's book but there wasnt much new material. I wondered how he remembered such factazoids as the one you think is incorrect regarding Led Zep, and I thought there were other small mistakes with the details, but with so many braincells destroyed, I expected this. Each bottle of booze destroys thousands of brain cells, but this could be an incorrect factazoid due to too many destroyed braincells in my own head. "He who is without fault cast the first stone", RONNIE is the outcast STONE lately! Poor Ronnie, give him a fvcking break!

That's what researchers are for. Its not as if a lot of this stuff can't be found in the space of a few minutes.

... ... ...
IP Logged

MaineMotels
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Aug 17th, 2008 at 7:51am
"That's what researchers are for."

Researchers? Aren't they the guys that take dictation for the Bush administration? Oh those are Talking Heads. Never let the facts stand in the way of a good propaganda piece.

IP Logged

BILL PERKS
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Reply #12 - Aug 17th, 2008 at 11:49am
BILL GERMAN SHOULD GET A WRITING CREDIT SINCE MUCH OF IT APPEARED VERBATIM IN HIS 1987 BOOK "THE WORKS"...

YOU COULD TELL ANY SOBRIETY WAS TEMPORARY BY READING THE BOOK

AS KEITH SAID "RONNIE'S A GREAT MIXTURE OF TALENT AND BULLSHIT"

IP Logged

BILL PERKS
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Reply #13 - Aug 17th, 2008 at 11:50am
OH YEAH...HIS HYDE PARK 1969  STORY IS BULLSHIT TOO!

IP Logged

MaineMotels
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Aug 17th, 2008 at 5:16pm
OH YEAH...HIS HYDE PARK 1969  STORY IS BULLSHIT TOO!

Quotes for The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (1962)

Ransom Stoddard ............James Stewart 
"You're not going to use the story, Mr. Scott? "
Maxwell Scott ............Carleton Young 
"This is the west, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend."

IP Logged

sammy davis jr.
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #15 - Aug 17th, 2008 at 5:28pm
The book was awfulm IMO, and really painted Ronnie as an idiot with all the fucking nutjobs he gravatated to, managers, etc. Probably because he was HIGH ALL THE TIME.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)