Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
This one's for John Edwards.... (Read 2,376 times)
Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
This one's for John Edwards....
Aug 8th, 2008 at 4:26pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
So Clintonian, waggin' that finger

Read & weep for the country boy who could not
keep his zippah up...

A great little ditty from the psycho 80's Bahston band-The Fools
Play the 'tube clip for good background tuneage while reading
about the latest loser who needed a jiffy for his stiffy, while his
wife battles cancer....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gejSEOnaYek

Life Sucks, Then You Die

This is a song about life as a spiraling force moving through the universe,
unencumbered by modular time concepts.  It's called "Life Sucks, Then You Die".

My house burned down in a flash of thunder.
My wife ran off with a one-legged plumber.
My crops fell dead when the riverbed went dry.
My dog got squashed by a pickup truck.
My son ran away and got hooked on drugs.
My daughter's knocked up by the class of '85.

People say that life is good;
It don't seem good to me.
I'm lost without a paddle,
And I'm headed up shit creek.
People say that life is fun,
But I don't know why.
As far as I can tell,
LIFE SUCKS then you die.

The government dumps its toxic waste
Right on top of my mother's grave.
A team of experts say it won't do her no harm.
But my sheep went crazy and killed my mule.
I cut off my dick with a power tool
Fixin' the hole where the meteor hit the barn.
(And it hurt, too!)

People say that life is good,
But I just piss and moan.
I got one foot on a banana peel,
The other in the Twilight Zone.
But I don't know why.
As far as I can tell,
LIFE SUCKS then you die.

Let me hear some "yee-hah"s out there!

I went to the store to buy some shells.
My gun went off and blew the owner to hell.
Now I'm sittin' here in jail, singin' this song.
And one guy wants to cut me with a knife.
Another guy wants me to be his wife.
Hey, I wish they'd hang me before somethin' really goes wrong!

People say that life is good,
Give thanks for what you have.
When all you have is nothin',
Nothin' makes you glad.
But I don't know why.
As far as I can tell,
LIFE SUCKS, then you die.
I said, people say that life is fun,
But I don't know why.
As far as I can tell,
LIFE SUCKS,
LIFE SUCKS
LIFE SUCKS, then you die.

Edwards admits to affair, denies fathering child
By PETE YOST, Associated Press Writer  |  August 8, 2008

WASHINGTON --Former Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards on Friday admitted to an extramarital affair while his wife was battling cancer. He denied fathering the woman's daughter.

Edwards told ABC News that he lied repeatedly about the affair with 42-year-old Rielle Hunter but said that he didn't love her. He said he has not taken a paternity test but knows he isn't the father because of the timing of the affair and the birth.

A former Edwards campaign staffer claims he is the father, not Edwards.

Hunter's daughter, Frances Quinn Hunter, was born on Feb. 27, 2008, and no father's name is given on the birth certificate filed in California.

The National Enquirer first reported on the affair in October 2007, and Edwards denied it.

"The story is false," he told reporters. "It's completely untrue, ridiculous." He professed his love for his wife, Elizabeth, who had an incurable form of cancer, saying, "I've been in love with the same woman for 30-plus years and as anybody who's been around us knows, she's an extraordinary human being, warm, loving, beautiful, sexy and as good a person as I have ever known. So the story's just false."

Last month, the Enquirer carried another story stating that its reporters had accosted Edwards in a Los Angeles hotel where he had met with Hunter after her child's birth. Edwards called it "tabloid trash," but he generally avoided reporters' inquiries, as did his former top aides.

In the interview, scheduled to air on ABC News' "Nightline," Edwards said the tabloid was correct when it reported on his meeting with Hunter at the Beverly Hills Hotel last month.

Most mainstream news organizations refrained from reporting the story, but newspapers in Charlotte and Raleigh, N.C., recounted the Enquirer's allegations in prominent articles on Thursday. Edwards acknowledged the affair on Friday afternoon, traditionally a slow-news period even when the Olympic Games' opening ceremonies are not preoccupying millions of Americans.

Edwards was a top contender for the Democratic nomination for president, pursuing his party's nod even after announcing that his wife's cancer had returned.

He placed second in the Iowa caucuses last January but dropped out of the race a few weeks later. He has been mentioned as a possible vice presidential choice for Barack Obama. The former North Carolina senator was the Democratic nominee for vice president in 2004.

The Edwardses have three children -- Cate, Jack and Emma Claire. Another son, Wade, died at age 16 in a 1996 car accident.

David Bonior, Edwards' campaign manager for his 2008 presidential bid, said Friday he was disappointed and angry after hearing about Edwards' confession.

"Thousands of friends of the senators and his supporters have put their faith and confidence in him and he's let them down," said Bonior, a former congressman from Michigan. "They've been betrayed by his action."

Asked whether the affair would damage Edwards' future aspirations in public service, Bonior replied: "You can't lie in politics and expect to have people's confidence."

In 2006, Edwards' political action committee paid $100,000 in a four-month span to a newly formed firm run by Hunter, who directed the production of just four Web videos, one a mere 2.5 minutes long.

The payments from Edwards' One America Committee to Midline Groove Productions LLC started on July 5, 2006, five days after Hunter incorporated the firm in Delaware.

Midline provided "Website/Internet services," according to reports that Edwards' PAC filed with the Federal Election Commission.

Midline's work product consists of four YouTube videos showing Edwards in informal settings as he prepares to make speeches in Storm Lake, Iowa, and Pittsburgh, as he prepares for an appearance on "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart" and travels in Uganda in 2006.

Edwards' PAC followed the six-figure payment with two smaller payments totaling $14,461, the last on April 1, 2007.

At the time Hunter was compiling the videos in 2006, Edwards was preparing a run for president.

Episode One of the four videos captures a conversation between Edwards and an unseen woman as the two chat aboard a plane about an upcoming speech in Storm Lake, Iowa.

Cutting between clips of the speech and the conversation with the woman, Edwards touches on his standard political themes, declaring that government must do a better job of addressing the great issues of the day, from poverty and education to jobs and the war in Iraq.

"I want to see our party lead on the great moral issues -- yes, me a Democrat using that word -- the great moral issues that face our country," Edwards tells the crowd. "If we want to live in a moral, honest just America and if we want to live in a moral and just world, we can't wait for somebody else to do it. We have to do it."

The sound track for the six-minute video is the song "True Reflections" which begins with these words: "When you look into a mirror, do you like what's looking at you? Now that you've seen your true reflections, what on earth are you gonna do?"

The video entitled "Plane Truths," opens with Edwards relaxing in his seat on the plane, telling the unseen woman that "I actually walked the country to see who I am, who I really am, but I don't know what the result of that will be.

Edwards adds: "But for me personally, I'd rather be successful or unsuccessful based on who I really am, not based on some plastic Ken doll that you put up in front of audiences, that's not me, you know?"

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Re: This one's for John Edwards....
Reply #1 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 4:44pm
Go back to your filthy russian whore...

Fuck You, Ronnie Wood!

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #2 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 5:45pm
What we really need is evidence that Obam likes the white women.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #3 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 5:52pm
This story is drawing attention away from the Russian war, which is a much bigger story. This guy is such a douche, they call him summers eve at the country club.

IP Logged

monkey_man
Rocks Off Regular

Fac ut vivas.

Reply #4 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 6:15pm
Man I'm so confused. . . .I thought this guy was an effete, Breck guy! Now I find out he's got baby mommas on the side. I guess all that talk about poverty sucking makes no sense now. . .
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2008 at 6:19pm by monkey_man »  

...&&&&.........&&&&"In other words shut the hell up about what others believe. It only makes you look like a small minded snob. "&&&&Riffy

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #5 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 6:49pm
sirmoonie wrote on Aug 8th, 2008 at 5:45pm:

He's got his tongue all up Hillary's butt!

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 10:41am
A brilliant move to drop this story on a Friday night in the summer & when the Olympics start, to boot! If he really isn't that baby's father, this story won't resonate.

IP Logged

fireontheplatter
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 10:47am
i like the part where he ran and hid in the bathroom trying to get away from the reporter dude.

Are you fucking serious?

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #8 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 2:43pm
sirmoonie wrote on Aug 8th, 2008 at 5:45pm:

I think BO would like a woman, color and persuasion optional. 

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 3:06pm
Quote:
i like the part where he ran and hid in the bathroom trying to get away from the reporter dude.

Are you fucking serious?

There were 2 America's & Edwards had a wife/mistress in each one!

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #10 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 3:11pm
Quote:
Quote:

Are you fucking serious?

he should have had discrete international relations instead Ouch!

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #11 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 3:45pm
mojoman wrote on Aug 9th, 2008 at 3:11pm:
Quote:
Quote:

Are you fucking serious?

he should have had discrete international relations instead Ouch!

Edwards should have been doing Carla Bruni or Ekaterina Ivanova instead??????? Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #12 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 4:36pm
he da baby daddy.

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #13 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 4:46pm
Some Guy wrote on Aug 9th, 2008 at 4:36pm:
he da baby daddy.

LOL

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #14 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 5:49pm
He's too good looking to be straight... oh wait, he's not a republican...

IP Logged

chris girard
Rocks Off Regular

Blues lover

Retired & happy
Re: This one's for John Edwards....what an asshole
Reply #15 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 7:36pm
He said that he thought he was special because he had run for president. So if you are special then you get to act like an asshole. Excellent logic. Your wife has  incurable cancer and she will probably die soon, so because you are special you get to fuck someone else. Mr.Edwards you could have kept it in  your pants until you wife passes. You are an asshole plain and simple, no questions about it. Fuck you and being special, you are a rich arrogant  lawyer with no morals or ethics.

I'm just venting !!!!

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Re: This one's for John Edwards....what an asshole
Reply #16 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 8:05pm
chris girard wrote on Aug 9th, 2008 at 7:36pm:
He said that he thought he was special because he had run for president. So if you are special then you get to act like an asshole. Excellent logic. Your wife has  incurable cancer and she will probably die soon, so because you are special you get to fuck someone else. Mr.Edwards you could have kept it in  your pants until you wife passes. You are an asshole plain and simple, no questions about it. Fuck you and being special, you are a rich arrogant  lawyer with no morals or ethics.

I'm just venting !!!!

I had some respect for the guy, until this broke. Fucker lied, HARD!!!
Any you other men out there, ever think about fucking around on your wife, go jerk off first, then if it is still a good idea, by all means... I hope your soon to be ex fucks you good in the divorce... Haha!

Fuck You, Ronnie Wood!!!

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #17 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 9:18pm
Well, we may never know who the bambino's father is. The mother is refusing a paternity test. Nothing like having that hang over your head for the rest of your life...I guess it serves him right.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #18 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 9:46pm
Sioux wrote on Aug 9th, 2008 at 9:18pm:
Well, we may never know who the bambino's father is. The mother is refusing a paternity test. Nothing like having that hang over your head for the rest of your life...I guess it serves him right.

Haha, just because its not public doesn't by any stretch mean that the mother doesn't know who the father is, or that she hasn't told all those concerned.  Even if she didn't, I'm pretty sure he knows whether he's the father or not, its not that difficult to figure out even in multiple partner sitches.

Then again....

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #19 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 10:07pm
True. Someone {campaign worker..?} has already admitted to being the Daddy. And Edwards says the timing of the birth is all wrong with the timing of his affair. So, looks like the lady, um, likes to sleep around. Hope Edwards doesn't give some disease to his poor wife, who is already battling one of the scariest diseases a woman could ever endure.

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Aug 10th, 2008 at 2:41pm
In today's NY Times, the "woman in question" is quoted as saying at various times that the baby dada is John Edwards or his associate Andrew Young, who is apparently still happily married & also noted for being VERY loyal.Edwards was smart to get the story out on the Friday of a summer weekend. This story will drip worse than his condom!

IP Logged

monkey_man
Rocks Off Regular

Fac ut vivas.

Reply #21 - Aug 11th, 2008 at 11:56am
Quote:
In today's NY Times, the "woman in question" is quoted as saying at various times that the baby dada is John Edwards or his associate Andrew Young, who is apparently still happily married & also noted for being VERY loyal.Edwards was smart to get the story out on the Friday of a summer weekend. This story will drip worse than his condom!

Was this chick pulling a train with Edwards and Young????

...&&&&.........&&&&"In other words shut the hell up about what others believe. It only makes you look like a small minded snob. "&&&&Riffy

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #22 - Aug 11th, 2008 at 11:59am
Fuck You, Ronnie Wood!!!

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Aug 11th, 2008 at 12:43pm
monkey_man wrote on Aug 11th, 2008 at 11:56am:
Quote:

Was this chick pulling a train with Edwards and Young????

Interesting...

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #24 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 8:43am
I await similar "rinsed out blonde" dirt on BObama.    Although if the big MO ever finds out, she'll go full-on Jesse Jackson on BO.
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2008 at 8:44am by Factory Girl »  

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 5:09pm
Headline at Drudge says that the affair was still going on when Rielle conceived her baby.

IP Logged

MaineMotels
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 7:28pm
Quote:
Headline at Drudge says that the affair was still going on when Rielle conceived her baby.

Headlines at Drudge say alot of things.

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 8:12pm
That all you got? Jeez, I gotta take another vacation! See you next week, chile!

IP Logged

MaineMotels
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 8:21pm
"I gotta take another vacation"

THAT is a good idea. There's some good shows coming up in Vegas this fall.

IP Logged

MaineMotels
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 8:31pm

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)