Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Iggy & The Stooges victim of grand theft (Read 1,155 times)
Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Iggy & The Stooges victim of grand theft
Aug 4th, 2008 at 6:49pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
All of their equipment and tour truck was stolen this morning in Montreal.
Tour will go on with rented & donated equipment.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080804/ENT04/80804099

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Slavegirl
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Long Beach, CA
Re: Iggy & The Stooges victim of grand theft
Reply #1 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 7:00pm
I saw that they posted a bulletin on myspace. Tons of awesome and expensive gear almost a whole stage set up it seems!! Whoever got away with that truck is one lucky and brave BASTARD!!
Shit!

don't make me do it...

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 7:13pm
This link was posted by one of the kind folk at IORR:

http://www.hootpage.com/stoogesstolenstuff/stoogesstolenstuff.html

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #3 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 8:47pm
fucked

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #4 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 10:15pm
BASTIDS!!!  I'm going to see the Ig Friday night. Guess they'll have to use a gutbucket and a couple of metal garbage cans...

"She delivers right on time,&&I can't resist a corny line, &&But take the shine right off your shoes"&&&&"When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it." - TomL '07&&...        ...        ...          ...          ...&&..'til the wheels come off...

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #5 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 7:09pm
Mob/union.

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #6 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 10:32am
In other Iggy news...

Iggy biopic planned?
Iggy Pop has reportedly given his blessing to a biopic of his life which portrays him as a "dangerous lunatic possessed by monkeys"

Evening Post - Bristol,England,UK
12:45 - 06-August-2008

Iggy Pop has reportedly given his blessing to a biopic of his life which portrays him as a "dangerous lunatic possessed by monkeys".

The rocker and former heroin addict - who is currently reunited and touring with his band The Stooges - will apparently be played by Elijah Wood in the film based on his life story.

Iggy told The Toronto Globe And Mail: "I'm neutral. Whatever they're going to do or not do is okay with me. I read the script and it's not bad. Basically the message is apparently I'm a dangerous lunatic, and that I'm possessed by monkeys or something. But it doesn't really bother me."

The 61-year-old - whose latest album The Weirdness released last year opens with the track Trollin', about prowling for chicks in an open-topped Cadillac - was also apparently asked if he was still picking up ladies.

He reportedly said: "No, that's actually a reference to my last troll in which I successfully trolled my beautiful fiancée. That was eight years ago. I've been domesticated and will probably get married very soon."

Asked if anyone will notice the difference in his domesticate self at his live shows, Iggy apparently laughed: "I don't think so. Nobody else has. I mean, we're together - we're not dead."

Link: http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Showbiz/Iggy-biopic-planned/article-253735-detail...

"She delivers right on time,&&I can't resist a corny line, &&But take the shine right off your shoes"&&&&"When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it." - TomL '07&&...        ...        ...          ...          ...&&..'til the wheels come off...

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #7 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 6:07am
The band that takes a lickin' and keeps on kickin' ass...

LIVE: Iggy & The Stooges Hit Massey
Thursday August 07, 2008 @ 02:00 PM
By: ChartAttack.com Staff

Aug. 6, 2008
Massey Hall
Toronto, ON
By Cameron Gordon

Mere days after having their van full of gear lifted from the streets of Montreal, Iggy & The Stooges bravely soldiered forward like the gallant garage rock darlings they are. Of course, Iggy Pop and friends are an ornery bunch at the best of times, so the missing ampage only added fuel to the band's already torrid stage show.

Amazingly, the masters were nearly upstaged by the disciples as local openers Fucked Up seriously stroked the crowd with their own strand of garage punk weirdness. The band did well considering the room was two-thirds empty at game time. Vocalist Pink Eyes amused and abused with his antics, including an extended visit to the second balcony and a series of somersaults down the centre isle. Emotion must've got the most of Pink Eyes as he stated early on that Massey Hall was the source of many childhood memories, including a viewing of Cats (the musical, not the animal). As an added treat, Alexisonfire shouter George Pettit made a surprise appearance, going wail-to-wail with Pink Eyes with the two sounding like a really immature version of "Duelling Banjos" in the process. Expect big things when Fucked Up unleashes The Chemistry Of Common Life on Matador Records this fall.

The Stooges hit next and these moldy oldies rocked Massey Hall like its never been rocked before for a solid 90 minutes. People were jumping out of the balconies, water was spilled all over the floor, Iggy and the normally reserved Mike Watt humped their amps... and that was just during the first four songs. The band were wise to frontload the set with nuggets from their first two albums, with "Loose," "Down On The Street" and "I Wanna Be Your Dog" trotted out to the merriment of many.

"Real Cool Time" bled into an extended run through "No Fun." During the fracas, Pop invited dozens of onlookers on stage to jump around and (sadly) fiddle with their camera phones. Looking for the perfect shot, I guess. It's a staple of any Pop performance, but Massey Hall security obviously missed the memo as they seemed positively bemused by the onslaught. And Pop himself was no help, barking through the PA to "Let 'em go!" along with other more colourful recommendations for security.

The onslaught continued and the band trotted out saxophonist Steve MacKay to provide additional skronk to "1970" and "Fun House." The wind only added to the racket, which reached near deafening levels at times — impressive considering Massey Hall's high ceilings.

The only real drawback of the performance was that the last third of the set was largely culled from Iggy's 2003 Skull Ring solo effort and The Stooges' infamous 2007 comeback record, The Weirdness. Neither album is really as horrific as they're typically portrayed, but when Raw Power was largely ignored, we probably could've done without such forgettable pish as "Trollin'."

Otherwise, the crowd lapped up every drip from Pop's sweaty torso. Given the duress that the venue came under, it might be some time before Massey Hall books another "punk rock" band.

Here's the set list:

"Loose"
"Down On The Street"
"1969"
"I Wanna Be Your Dog"
"TV Eye"
"Real Cool Time"
"No Fun"
"1970"
"Fun House/LA Blues" (or at least a jam that was LA Blues-esque)
"Skull Ring"
"Search And Destroy"
"My Idea Of Fun"
"I Got A Right"
Encore:
"Trollin'"
"Little Electric Chair"
"Little Doll"
"I'm Fried"

Link: http://chartattack.com/DAMN/2008/08/0707.cfm

« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2008 at 6:08am by GotToRollMe »  

IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

My name is called disturbance!

City of Champions
Reply #8 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 12:44pm
GotToRollMe wrote on Aug 4th, 2008 at 10:15pm:
BASTIDS!!!  I'm going to see the Ig Friday night. Guess they'll have to use a gutbucket and a couple of metal garbage cans...

Once again, all the best.  Dylan tomorrow night for me.

...&&&&...

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #9 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 9:39am
Thanks, rob, but I had to skip that show last night. Just heard from a friend who attended that it was "brutal," with more details to follow later after she rests up and changes the bandages...lol. Enjoy Dylan tonight! I'll be seeing him next week.

IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

My name is called disturbance!

City of Champions
Reply #10 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 2:40pm
GotToRollMe wrote on Aug 9th, 2008 at 9:39am:
Thanks, rob, but I had to skip that show last night. Just heard from a friend who attended that it was "brutal," with more details to follow later after she rests up and changes the bandages...lol. Enjoy Dylan tonight! I'll be seeing him next week.

Sorry you missed it, M!!!  Looks like its good to be a good night.  Perfect weather for an outdoor show.  I'm going to be heading in a couple of hours, for dinner the the show.  First act should be hitting the stage about now.  I can't hand for the all days festivals anymore.  Hell, Dylan is said to be taking the stage around 11 PM.  Its going to be a long night.  The concert is be held in an area with minimal parking and limtied access, a traffic nightmare anytime.  Gonna be terrible tonight.  I may park in town and take a shuttle over to the show.

I'm excited!  It always something specail when a legend comes to your town.

...&&&&...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)